I've never played GT1

GT1 takes a lot less time than either GT3 or GT2.

The physics model in GT1 is a lot simpler, somewhat inferior.
Arcade Mode has a radically different physics model, giving a completely different feel.

The game-play in general, and the selection of races are a lot more well thought out.

The closest to muscle cars are a 1967 Corvette Stingray (Arcade Mode only, unless you have a GameShark, or a gamesave which has the car), and 1990's Camaros and Vipers.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ should let you find a complete car list.

GT1 has used cars, but alot less manufacturers & half the number of cars.

Personally I'd say the graphics are actually better in GT1 than GT2, the view distance is certainly a lot better & the reflections aren't quite as overdone as in GT2. I still find the menus/layout & overall style in GT1 better than all other GTs.

[QUOTE='64volkswagen]Is there used cars in GT1? Are the graphics the same as GT2?[/QUOTE]

GT2's are more 'advanced.'

[QUOTE='64volkswagen]Should I go and buy it? Can someone give me a list of the cars? Also is there any muscle cars?[/QUOTE]
You don't know what you are missing. Have you bought the game yet?

[QUOTE='64volkswagen]Should I go and buy it? Can someone give me a list of the cars? Also is there any muscle cars?[/QUOTE]
You never played GT1 ! pity you :)
Run and get yourself a copy of it, it is imho 1 of the 3 top racing games for the PS1, the 2 others are
Colin Mc Rae2 and Formula1 championship from Psygnosis ( I think it's the 1978 season ) with comments from the legendary Mr, Walker himself and Martin Brundle.
Enjoy it

Biased turkey
You never played GT1 ! pity you :)
Run and get yourself a copy of it, it is imho 1 of the 3 top racing games for the PS1, the 2 others are
Colin Mc Rae2 and Formula1 championship from Psygnosis ( I think it's the 1978 season ) with comments from the legendary Mr, Walker himself and Martin Brundle.
Enjoy it
Do you mean the 1998 season?

I have also never played GT1. I just recently borrowed GT2 from my brother and I love it. Absolutely excellent game and soooooo many cars. I will eventually try to find GT1 to add to the collection. Around here I cant even rent GT2 or GT1. So to find them to buy is very hard. Well at least in Michigan it is. If all else fails there is always E-bay. I have bought many old games from there that I couldnt find locally.

CAMAROBOY69
I have also never played GT1. I just recently borrowed GT2 from my brother and I love it. Absolutely excellent game and soooooo many cars. I will eventually try to find GT1 to add to the collection. Around here I cant even rent GT2 or GT1. So to find them to buy is very hard. Well at least in Michigan it is. If all else fails there is always E-bay. I have bought many old games from there that I couldnt find locally.
Do it, the gameplay is brill.

what a question!!!! it's one part of racinggamehistory and brings a lot of fun

I agree with LOonIE, GT1 is still a great game. It probably has the best A.I. of all the Gran Turismo games so far (they don't rely on cheap Catch up to keep up with you).

The "Normal cars" race series in GT1 is just to fun to miss out.

The graphics where great for its time and the physics are not worse then in some of the games that get released today.

TMM
Touchy. You originally put 1978 so I was only checking.

To be even more accurate, yesterday evening I checked the back side of the game box and it mentions the ... 1996 season.
And as far as I remember it was the only season produced by Psygnosis.
I agree, after that the quality of the serie went down.

Biased turkey
To be even more accurate, yesterday evening I checked the back side of the game box and it mentions the ... 1996 season.
Then it matches the slide of the F1 quality acurately.

GT1 is pretty good. I havn't played mine forever because well I tried playing it on an emulator cuz it had a bit better graphics and my old CD drive closed on it when I tried taking it out so its horribly scratched :(

Biased turkey

Actually, there was Formula One (the 1995 season...and the primary reason I bought a PSX) and F1: Championship Edition (the 1997 season).

I always liked the original better; it wasn't as customizable, but it also lacked the replay feature and didn't have as many cars. Also, the qualifying in the first one was easier, and the car set-up not quite as mind boggling.

The first one also allowed you to make it more of an arcade event, you picked the number of laps and didn't let the game make all the decisions for you.

Plus, you could randomize the championship race order!

I normally don't visit the GT1 forums, but I guess I'll give you a little call here. So '64Volkswagen, you've never played GT1? Let me tell you about GT1 from a passionate point of view.

When I first played Gran Turismo, I was treated to some pretty accurate car models and nice environments. I liked the music in the menus and even some in the game. The one I liked most was the Honda/Acura theme in menus, and then "Lose Control" by Ash in game. The music had a kick of some rock and a lot of electronica. It was a nice blend, though. No question that the game was pretty cool. Though later GTs had better graphics, I kind of liked the graphics in the city tracks in GT1 than in GT3. I can deal with the 90-degree section under the main straight, but SSR11 was a fun track regardless, and you could complete the endurance in about 50 minutes to one hour in either direction. It may not be as pretty as GT4 is going to be, but I suggest to newcoming fans to play GT1 to know what GT was like before the razzle and dazzle of today's Gran Turismo. In GT1, there was Grand Valley with the nice view of a few city buildings, a beautiful blue sky day, and a lot of nice greenery. The rides around the city (SSR5 and 11) included very nice views of the city, even if not on par with at least GT3. Take a look at a lot of the tracks and graphics. Also, it was easier to drift. And changing one option meant the difference between a good-handling car, and a pain in the backside- the Chase View. But when playing the game, it's unreal. You won't find Le Mans prototypes, but you will find nice cars to throw around the track any way you like.

And the game is a GREATEST HIT, so go out and get it! It should cost no less than 25 dollars. So go get it and enjoy what it was like before GT3 and the upcoming GT4!

I do agree. Maybe you should visit the GT1 forum more often if you're that passionate. I didn't understand what you were saying about the 90 degree bit's under the main straight on SS11 but still.

I haven't played GT1 in ages. For those who have GT3 and/or GT4p I highly recommend it. It relieves stress in a major way, and it brings back so many happy memories. I've spent many a happy hour in front of GT1, reminiscing. ;)

[QUOTE='64volkswagen]Is there used cars in GT1? Are the graphics the same as GT2?[/QUOTE]

the cool thing is gt1 will actually put your car YOU sell back i for sale[did it with a camaro]

Here's a small tip for you. If you sell a car, usually you'll get 10,000 Cr back if you sell it to someone else. But sell it to the right car company, and you get 12,000 Cr. I think this only applies to cars you've won, though. And that can be ANY winned car. Anything from an A-Spec Demio to a black Castrol Supra GT.

By the way, I'm committed to GT4, so I don't usually go to other GT forums.

Back