IZOD IndyCar Series | Champions - JoeOfTheFire & Team Penske

  • Thread starter Thread starter cgr-10
  • 1,454 comments
  • 61,088 views

Where should we go for Round 7?


  • Total voters
    15
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Japanese love EVERYTHING.
 
Being a NY Jets fan, I don't care what happens as long the Patriots get destroyed :sly:
 
Giants certainly stand a better chance than 49rs against NE. I was rooting for 49rs though b/c my dad was rooting for Giants. haha, lost that one. Wouldn't want to be the guy that fumbled the ball in overtime...
 
If any of you guys are around in 20-30 minutes I'd be up for some practice 👍

Yeah the Giants have got a better chance at taking the Pats down, hence why I wanted them to win :sly:

EDIT: Scratch that, it's more likely to be 30-an hour.
 
TomMcD
If any of you guys are around in 20-30 minutes I'd be up for some practice 👍

Yeah the Giants have got a better chance at taking the Pats down, hence why I wanted them to win :sly:

EDIT: Scratch that, it's more likely to be 30-an hour.

Post here when your on and I'll join:) and set up your mic.. Makes it easier for everyone.. And you won't have to stop every half lap to type something.
 
Coming online for an hour or so now, testing and 3 lap races at HSR 👍
 
On the way.. You better have your mic set up.. :dopey:
 
What times are we hitting for HSR then?
 
What times are we hitting for HSR then?

Fastest time I've seen hit in practice is a 52.9xx (I have also gotten this laptime). I think this will be the closest of the road course races, because a good number of drivers will be able to stay together as the lead pack. Anyone lapping about 54.0xx or quicker should be able to stay with the pack using the draft.
 
Haven't tested yet, was just looking for my range. Nice one.
 
How about you change the SSRX name to Thunder under the lights instead of floodlights?
 
How about you change the SSRX name to Thunder under the lights instead of floodlights?

You may not have noticed but I did exactly that a couple of days ago, I thought Floodlights sounded a bit boring. I changed it to The 'Thunder Under Floodlights' 200 at the weekend 👍
 
How about Thunder in the Shadows?
 
How about Thunder in the Shadows?

I thought Thunder under Floodlights sounded quite good cause' it almost sounds like alliteration with the 'Th' and 'F'. For all the others I just used some of the generic IndyCar race sponsors.
 
Have you guys tried these in the rain? Ridiculous.
 
Knelly
Have you guys tried these in the rain? Ridiculous.

Hasn't rained on me yet.. But I tried them under 'wet' conditions and they were insufferable..:P
 
Insufferable, if it rains, in my opinion, the race will be ruined. There will be constant spins and more pace cars than at Indy.

I have no problem with rain but these cars can't cope.
 
No grip, touch the throttle too much and you can't catch yourself after.
 
I guess I'm the exception then. >_>
 
Do you have Low Grip/Offline/H@X0rZ?
 
DrifterJoe
I guess I'm the exception then. >_>

As always. Thankfully your my team mate.

We were on 50%+ surface water and it was increasing to 90 by the time changed it. Room open btw.
 
Cowboys965
Do you have Low Grip/Offline/H@X0rZ?

...huh?

And on the way Knelly:)
 
Last edited:
HSR was always going to be tricky in the rain with the banked corners. Good thing is with changeability at 4 rain is unlikely and if does it should be light.
 
As always. Thankfully your my team mate.

We were on 50%+ surface water and it was increasing to 90 by the time changed it. Room open btw.

I'll be there in 5-10 mins.

No 1337 h4x0rz Cowboys, I've driven stuff in the wet before (in game) and know how to handle it and what to compare it too.
 
DrifterJoe
I'll be there in 5-10 mins.

No 1337 h4x0rz Cowboys, I've driven stuff in the wet before (in game) and know how to handle it and what to compare it too.

To be honest the car is pretty slippy on this track to begin with, rain just excacerbates this. I think the change weather tracks are greasy even at 0% SW, I think I was talking to matty about this.
 
To be honest the car is pretty slippy on this track to begin with, rain just excacerbates this. I think the change weather tracks are greasy even at 0% SW, I think I was talking to matty about this.

Yeah, Spa with weather change has less grip than Spa without weather change. IndyCars could go flat out through Eau Rouge on the non-weather change track, but had to ease off or brake in the same conditions on the weather change track.

EDIT: the fastest time that someone hit today was a 52.3xx, though I think they did a better time in a practice race. Setup for HSR seems to be a trade off between pace and stability. Quicker setups are easier to spin than slower ones.
 
Last edited:
I'll have to be on my toes with the dissolving/dissipating pace car. Have to turn sound effects down & use auto trans. :sly: Dont want to get run over again.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back