IZOD IndyCar Series | Champions - JoeOfTheFire & Team Penske

  • Thread starter Thread starter cgr-10
  • 1,454 comments
  • 61,088 views

Where should we go for Round 7?


  • Total voters
    15
Status
Not open for further replies.
So is everybody in for tomorrow night? Let me know if you can't make it. I'll post some more race-specific info tomorrow afternoon, in the meantime read the Round 2 Race Briefing on the OP if you haven't yet 👍
 
TomMcD
So is everybody in for tomorrow night? Let me know if you can't make it. I'll post some more race-specific info tomorrow afternoon, in the meantime read the Round 2 Race Briefing on the OP if you haven't yet 👍

110% in. Can't wait and hoping to improve my Indy result.
 
My target will be a podium finish or better. I can't seem to be the normal expert road course ringer that I normally am, this track doesn't seem to work out like that for me in these cars. One team will certainly give me a close race, going by what I've seen in practice.
 
I'm hoping for a mid-pack finish, maybe 5th or so. I'll just have to try stay composed and not spin out, I think there'll be a lot of single car accidents on that last corner.
 
I'm hoping for a mid-pack finish, maybe 5th or so. I'll just have to try stay composed and not spin out, I think there'll be a lot of single car accidents on that last corner.

The second corner too (labelled as turn 3 on the track map in the OP), especially after the start/restarts.
 
DrifterJoe
The second corner too (labelled as turn 3 on the track map in the OP), especially after the start/restarts.

I'm in the thoughts that this corner will be grand because in practice we all be able to take any line.. Although I do push (not hit just go faster) through this corner.. A lot..
 
The second corner too (labelled as turn 3 on the track map in the OP), especially after the start/restarts.

Yeah that too, I put something in the OP about diving up the inside of that turn like you mentioned. It would be quite easy to rise up the banking coming out the turn and hit a car in front.

Especially if the car in front is taking a wide line.
 
I'm in the thoughts that this corner will be grand because in practice we all be able to take any line.. Although I do push (not hit just go faster) through this corner.. A lot..

Yeah, the pushing is the main problem. The other issue would be someone getting in the wall on the outside, causing those behind to pile into him if they can't go low due to someone being there.
 
DrifterJoe
Yeah, the pushing is the main problem. The other issue would be someone getting in the wall on the outside, causing those behind to pile into him if they can't go low due to someone being there.

Fair point but I'll always when possible take the low line..
 
Fair point but I'll always when possible take the low line..

I turn in late anyway so it probably won't cause me issues, gives me a chance to put the power down way before the apex.
 
TomMcD
I turn in late anyway so it probably won't cause me issues, gives me a chance to put the power down way before the apex.

I mean when I'm in a pack, I'll obviously go high otherwise ;)
 
I mean when I'm in a pack, I'll obviously go high otherwise ;)

Or instead of going low, just catch the draft coming out of T3 and overtake going into the esses? :sly:
 
TomMcD
Or instead of going low, just catch the draft coming out of T3 and overtake going into the esses? :sly:

I'll see what it looks like I should do where and when in question of the particular proposition like thingymagigy you mentioned in your latest post on this thread.

Should I elaborate? :sly:
 
I'll see what it looks like I should do where and when in question of the particular proposition like thingymagigy you mentioned in your latest post on this thread.

Should I elaborate? :sly:

No.

I'm confused already :lol:
 
One thing I can do with my setup is get away with extremely late braking into the esses. Very handy :sly:
 
DrifterJoe
One thing I can do with my setup is get away with extremely late braking into the esses. Very handy :sly:

I often trail brake.. Seems more fluid and makes me feel faster, actually makes me faster then late heavy braking all the time. :lol:
 
Been watching classic Indy 500, "retro" Indy's on you tube. 1996 Indy 500, Tony Stewart's engine goes & he lays down a nasty quip afterwards to one of the suppliers. :sly: That was the turbo era I think??

Amazing this rookie would go on to win 3 (or 4?? dont remember) Sprint Cups. He never won the Indy 500 after leading all those laps in his rookie year. :sly:Hasn't won the Daytona 500 yet either..... :scared:
 
Rich S
Been watching classic Indy 500, "retro" Indy's on you tube. 1996 Indy 500, Tony Stewart's engine goes & he lays down a nasty quip afterwards to one of the suppliers. :sly: That was the turbo era I think??

Amazing this rookie would go on to win 3 (or 4?? dont remember) Sprint Cups. He never won the Indy 500 after leading all those laps in his rookie year. :sly:Hasn't won the Daytona 500 yet either..... :scared:

He's probably more suited to the NASCAR's than being thrown about by G-forces in an IndyCar. I think he'll win the Daytona 500 this year, the momentum from his Sprint Cup win last year will pull him through.

Just shows how many awesome guys have at some point raced IndyCar or CART :sly:
 

You guys are lucky I'm not in this series.:sly:
 
HSV-010
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oHh4C2Z-HY">YouTube Link</a>
You guys are lucky I'm not in this series.:sly:

Great moves there mate, that's what Senna would have driven like had he been in the Craftsman Truck Series :lol:
 

You guys are lucky I'm not in this series.:sly:


Me and Carb were 0:00.004 apart in that race :lol: I beat him though :dopey:
 
Actually it was the race before you were 0.004 apart after I won, do you really think I'd qualify last? :p
 
HSV-010
Actually it was the race before you were 0.004 apart after I won, do you really think I'd qualify last? :p

Oh yeah.. How'd I start 3rd then when I finished second? :dopey: or did someone else have a chrome truck? :O
 
Rich S
Been watching classic Indy 500, "retro" Indy's on you tube. 1996 Indy 500, Tony Stewart's engine goes & he lays down a nasty quip afterwards to one of the suppliers. :sly: That was the turbo era I think??

Amazing this rookie would go on to win 3 (or 4?? dont remember) Sprint Cups. He never won the Indy 500 after leading all those laps in his rookie year. :sly:Hasn't won the Daytona 500 yet either..... :scared:

He and Edwards out on a show at the finale.

Who knew NASCAR could get that tense. :lol: Great race.
 
Pretty much content with the mid 54's I've been running in practice, should be my race pace, without draft obviously. Any more than that and I think I'll be too close to the limit and end up crashing out.

I'm gonna have to get unbelievably lucky to finish well today...

EDIT: Forgot to change my oil, that should buy me a couple of tenths at least.
 
Don't count out the rain yet gentlemen!!:scared:

I just went into my own lounge to do some last minute tweaks/testing and it started raining after 1 minute of being on the track. 24 minutes later and its still raining with the surface water at 74%.

Im thinking if we start out dry then its probably gonna stay that way the whole race, but if for some reason it starts to rain then it's not gonna stop.

Hmmm....wheres a reliable weather man when you need one:grumpy:
 
Don't count out the rain yet gentlemen!!:scared:

I just went into my own lounge to do some last minute tweaks/testing and it started raining after 1 minute of being on the track. 24 minutes later and its still raining with the surface water at 74%.

Im thinking if we start out dry then its probably gonna stay that way the whole race, but if for some reason it starts to rain then it's not gonna stop.

Hmmm....wheres a reliable weather man when you need one:grumpy:

Interesting, can't wait to see how tonight pans out weather-wise :sly:

Since I can't change the weather conditions after quali starts without resetting all the positions, if you change your tires in the pits in free run, will these tires be on your car at the start of the race?

It's just that if it starts raining and everybody is starting on Mediums it's going to be a tad dangerous.
 
Interesting, can't wait to see how tonight pans out weather-wise :sly:

Since I can't change the weather conditions after quali starts without resetting all the positions, if you change your tires in the pits in free run, will these tires be on your car at the start of the race?

It's just that if it starts raining and everybody is starting on Mediums it's going to be a tad dangerous.

Hmmm...good question. I don't see why it wouldn't start you with the tires you have on when it resets us for green.

It finally stopped raining when the surface water hit 92%. Let me tell you, its not fun running 15 - 20 seconds slower per lap. Those are the laps i didn't spin also.
 
If it rains, why not hold a competition caution?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back