IZOD IndyCar Series | Champions - JoeOfTheFire & Team Penske

  • Thread starter Thread starter cgr-10
  • 1,454 comments
  • 61,156 views

Where should we go for Round 7?


  • Total voters
    15
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I hope if it does rain it doesn't get that bad. The race will be an extreme test of car control :lol:

Yeah smuffy, that's what I was thinking. Or maybe allow an extra pace lap so everybody can make a free pit stop at the expense of their grid position.
 
Man, I hope if it does rain it doesn't get that bad. The race will be an extreme test of car control :lol:
D1 drift in a fgt. :lol:
 
That could work.

Also noted, if it does get that bad. Not only is it gonna be a test of control but your gonna want to be in the lead or away from the guy in front of you cause these cars through up a heck of a rooster tail:dopey:
 
You wouldn't have a comp caut on a normal rainy race day I believe. It's up to each individual driver to nurse and decide when to pit.

I thunk there will be enough cautions as it is. Bretts in for a busy night I reckon :lol:
 
I thunk there will be enough cautions as it is. Bretts in for a busy night I reckon :lol:

If it does rain he sure is gonna earn his money :sly:

Also think the photos from the race will be cool as hell 👍
 
It'd be like the Sao Paulo race last year :nervous:

Brett really will have an interesting night if it rains, I suppose people could just quit and change tires if it begins to rain. That way they either sacrifice their quali time but start on the correct tires, or keep their grid spot but start on the wrong tires.

I'll take some pics tomorrow morning while reviewing the race 👍
 
Hey Tom-

So, there is a 2+ crash/spin-
I come out (1st safety lap) call the caution and warn everyone not to overtake. I also close the pits immediatley.
Lap 2 starts- I wave the cars between me and the leader around. Before lap 2 ends I open the pits.
Lap 3 starts- Cruise round while everone sorts themselves out.
Lap 4 starts- Announce I am in this lap and advise the race re starts on the start/finish line.

All this is done at the spped of 70mph where possible.

Is this correct?
 
Hey Tom-

So, there is a 2+ crash/spin-
I come out (1st safety lap) call the caution and warn everyone not to overtake. I also close the pits immediatley.
Lap 2 starts- I wave the cars between me and the leader around. Before lap 2 ends I open the pits.
Lap 3 starts- Cruise round while everone sorts themselves out.
Lap 4 starts- Announce I am in this lap and advise the race re starts on the start/finish line.

All this is done at the spped of 70mph where possible.

Is this correct?

Yes, all correct apart from the amount of laps is a bit out. I assume you mean that Lap 2 begins the first time you cross the line, which would mean 3 FULL caution laps. But the actual plan was only to do 2 full caution laps, we'll try and do this but if the cars aren't formed up by the end of that 2nd lap you can lead us round for another lap.

So, you call the caution and close the pits, warn not to overtake. As you cross the line for the first time you wave any cars between you and the leader around and before the end of that lap open the pits. As you cross the line for the second time the cars will be pitting, should they all catch back up by the end of this lap you may pull in and go green, if not you can extend the caution by another lap.

Hope this is clear enough mate 👍

EDIT: And yes, 70mph is spot on.
 
Hey Tom-

So, there is a 2+ crash/spin-
I come out (1st safety lap) call the caution and warn everyone not to overtake. I also close the pits immediatley.
Lap 2 starts- I wave the cars between me and the leader around. Before lap 2 ends I open the pits.
Lap 3 starts- Announce I am in this lap and advise the race re starts on the start/finish line.
I can run an extra lap if there are still people who have failed to catch the pack/

All this is done at the spped of 70mph where possible.

This now looks right, cool?
 
Hey Tom-

So, there is a 2+ crash/spin-
I come out (1st safety lap) call the caution and warn everyone not to overtake. I also close the pits immediatley.
Lap 2 starts- I wave the cars between me and the leader around. Before lap 2 ends I open the pits.
Lap 3 starts- Announce I am in this lap and advise the race re starts on the start/finish line.
I can run an extra lap if there are still people who have failed to catch the pack/

All this is done at the spped of 70mph where possible.

This now looks right, cool?

Yup, all good :)

EDIT: Going to post up some relevant race info just as a reminder.
 
Nice one 👍
 
Round 2 Race Specifics​

Room Open & Free Practice: 22:30GMT - 23:00GMT
Qualifying: 23:00GMT - 23:30GMT
Race: 23:30GMT - 00:30GMT Approx.

Power - 650bhp
Weight - 725kg
Tires Allowed - Comfort Hard, Comfort Medium, Intermediates and Wets/Rain Tires
Transmission - Unrestricted

Tyre Rule
During a dry race you must use both Comfort Hard and Medium compounds for at least 2 laps each. Replays will be checked to confirm that all drivers have used both compounds, failure to do so will result in an automatic disqualification. If the surface water rises above 25% and the race is confirmed wet by race control, you are not required to use both compounds. You will be notified of this over the mic and if possible by text chat.

Pace Lap
When the race begins, nobody moves from the grid. The safety car will pull up through the field and take the lead, then the IndyCar grid will start rolling behind it. Form up in double file behind the safety car and follow it round the track in qualifying order. At the end of the lap the safety car will pull into the pits, you should still drive at the speed limit until the first car passes the start line (or the pit wall at Indy).
Road Courses 2 wide start @ 70mph

Pit Lane
On all tracks you have to slow down to 60mph before you enter the pit lane and the computer takes control of your car. You must have at least 2 wheels in the pit entry/exit lanes at all times

Cautions
2 caution laps. Form up behind the safety car as usual but at 70mph, the first caution lap starts when the safety car crosses the line, at this point the wavearound will be called for cars between the safety car and the leader. The pits will be open for the end of this lap, once you have pitted, catch up to the safety car and go double file for the restart at the start/finish line. The leader gets a choice of the inside or outside line for restarts.

Mics
Microphones are very useful for communication during a race, allowing you to ask questions and call out your position on the track to other drivers, useful on ovals. Therefore I recommend having a mic for this series, it's not compulsory but it is advised. During caution periods there shall be no talking on the mics except from me, Joe and the safety car driver Berty. If you do not have a mic, please turn the race sound effects down and turn your TV up so you can hear the announcements being made down the mic.​
 
Question. If you are involved in the incident and your car us wry badly damaged making it almost impossible to drive, are you allowed in the pits while they are officially closed?
 
Question. If you are involved in the incident and your car us wry badly damaged making it almost impossible to drive, are you allowed in the pits while they are officially closed?

My vote would be yes under the condition that you have to start at the back of the field. What say you chief of staff?
 
Since it's the Toyota GP, I'll use a Toyota, but which one should I use?
 
Question. If you are involved in the incident and your car us wry badly damaged making it almost impossible to drive, are you allowed in the pits while they are officially closed?

I'll agree under the condition that the car must be at the back of the grid for the restart, which should discourage people pitting early when they have minimal damage. Use your common sense on whether to do so, it's fairly easy to control a moderately damaged car at 70mph 👍

Jahgee, as long as it's small and you stay put for the race I don't mind :lol: I'll show you where you'll be stationed when you arrive 👍
 
May not be able to race as I am lagging badly today :/
 
May not be able to race as I am lagging badly today :/

Give it a try buddy, reset your internet if necessary, clear cache and hope for the best 👍
 
I'll agree under the condition that the car must be at the back of the grid for the restart, which should discourage people pitting early when they have minimal damage. Use your common sense on whether to do so, it's fairly easy to control a moderately damaged car at 70mph 👍

Jahgee, as long as it's small and you stay put for the race I don't mind :lol: I'll show you where you'll be stationed when you arrive 👍

I'll go with a Vitz, want it to be orange like somebody suggested a while back?
 
Jahgee1124
I'll go with a Vitz, want it to be orange like somebody suggested a while back?

Yes that would be great, very easy to spot for the drivers 👍
 
All issue's have seemed to resolve themselves..
 
mattymc96
All issue's have seemed to resolve themselves..

Awesome 👍

Dunno about you guys but I can't wait to get going, room may be open a bit early.
 
TomMcD
Awesome 👍

Dunno about you guys but I can't wait to get going, room may be open a bit early.

Wouldn't be complaining:lol: :D
 
You guys do know that the wave around cars are only flagged around the safety car with one lap left before the restart, right? You can't take the wave around and pit with lead lap cars. The wave around is a risk drivers take to get a lap back under caution, skipping out on pitting.
 
Sorry, I lied.

I'm gonna race tonight. 👍
 
MustangRyan
You guys do know that the wave around cars are only flagged around the safety car with one lap left before the restart, right? You can't take the wave around and pit with lead lap cars. The wave around is a risk drivers take to get a lap back under caution, skipping out on pitting.

Bunches the field up and keeps things competitive, they'll come out last anyway so it's not like they don't have any work to do after the caution.
 
Can't wait for the race tonight. The car feels extremely good and might even have a shot at pole.
 
The Flourescant Orange Vitz Appracheth
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back