IZOD IndyCar Series | Champions - JoeOfTheFire & Team Penske

  • Thread starter Thread starter cgr-10
  • 1,454 comments
  • 61,114 views

Where should we go for Round 7?


  • Total voters
    15
Status
Not open for further replies.
Argh, my power blinked while I was leaving the room and now the system is restoring.
 
Man this rain is nasty! :lol:
 
Got my waterproofs. I'm ok :lol:
 
Well done fellas not too many cautions tonight 👍
 
Can't wait for the race tonight. The car feels extremely good and might even have a shot at pole.


You got the Pole alright :lol:

Great race to everybody, especially, Joe for the win, Knelly for the nervewracking finish and Anarchy for the mid race racing (And more importantly the tune:lol: 👍)

Well done everybody for the cautious start. 👍 👍 👍
 
Great race guys. Good battle Matty, just a little rough in areas. My race was ruined after receiving damage on the caution lap forcing me to pit, staying in hards.
 
You got the Pole alright :lol:

Great race to everybody, especially, Joe for the win, Knelly for the nervewracking finish and Anarchy for the mid race racing (And more importantly the tune:lol: 👍)

Well done everybody for the cautious start. 👍 👍 👍

My race was ruined on the second corner. The one track i was looking at a pole and mabe the win i'm wrecked on the first lap. :(
 
Great race guys. Good battle Matty, just a little rough in areas. My race was ruined after receiving damage on the caution lap forcing me to pit, staying in hards.

So we were both on hards at the end?

Really took about 5 laps before you could really push on them :lol:

If I'm right the standings are now:

Joe - 87? 93
Cowboys - 65
Matty - 64
Anarchy - 63
I can only remember this much but anyhoo..
 
Damn it, I really do wish I could commit to this series. I'd love to join. :(
 
Tom
Damn it, I really do wish I could commit to this series. I'd love to join. :(


Only series I'm competitive in.. :dopey: Who'd have thought it'd be in the FGT :lol:

My race was ruined on the second corner. The one track i was looking at a pole and mabe the win i'm wrecked on the first lap. :(

And unlucky Smuffy, as long as I hadn't anything to do with it I'm happy.. :dopey:

Still searching for my first win though 💡
 
Tom
Damn it, I really do wish I could commit to this series. I'd love to join. :(

I do better here than those Karts! :lol:
 
My chief steward Joe will be counting laps and reviewing the race as I forgot to save the replay :dunce:

Had a pretty shocking race finishing 7th, got two lots of damage which prevented me from finishing in possibly 5th. Great racing on the whole though lads, nice and clean for the most part but there were a couple of incidents.

My main advice post-race would be this. Please leave a reasonable gap between cars during caution periods and the pace lap, at least 2 car lengths is a good distance. You do not need to form up close to the car until the final straight before the restart, all that happens due to bunching up is glancing crashes which cause engine damage.
 
I couldn't seem to go 10 laps without a spin or crash of some sort. Sorry to Cowboy whom I collected during my 1st & 2nd spin? LOL, srry
 
I had the cleanest race of my life today:D
 
Rich S
I couldn't seem to go 10 laps without a spin or crash of some sort. Sorry to Cowboy whom I collected during my 1st & 2nd spin? LOL, srry

Don't worry, I don't even know if wheel damage would could me 13 seconds from the leader. :dopey: I still ran good laps.
 
Tables will be posted once the race review has been completed, laps have been counted and any points penalties distributed.

Round 3 preview is also up on the OP 👍
 
Last edited:
Sorry if the pics are up late, my family just got a new dog and we have been playing with it
 
Sorry if the pics are up late, my family just got a new dog and we have been playing with it

No worries, whenever you can is fine there's not really any rush 👍
 
No worries, whenever you can is fine there's not really any rush 👍

OK, I will start taking pics tomarrow. I will try to get one of all the cars behind the safety car
 
Bummmer for me. Had to pit twice under green because I recieved damage from another driver. :grumpy: Sucks too, last 8 laps I didn't run a lap over 51.9. Made up 10 seconds on Joe after I had to pit. Wish I could've been up there, would've been a hell of a battle. :dopey:

Either way congrats to Joe. I made up some points and matty finished right there with me.
 
I didnt have time to set the car up this week and it showed. I threw something together last minute and I missed on it. It happens. I was pleasantly surprised at the rave quality tonight, however.
 
Tom/Joe did you see the restart?
 
1 last thing before I hit the hay. Lap down cars are suppose to yield there position to lead lap cars for the restarts correct?
 
Tom/Joe did you see the restart?

I won't be able to check replays until sometime later tomorrow, since I have a friend over tonight and we're only just going to bed now >____>. Tomorrow/today I have NASCAR, so I'll try and get it done after that.

EDIT: No bump-drafting allowed at SSRX, right?
 
I still need to look at the replay properly and will do sometime today. But I dud watch us all forming up after the pace lap. On my replay the camera is looking right down the track at the cars forming in double file. Honestly, we looked better than a real life race starting. Think WTCC and how more often than not they need to go round again. Apart from one car slightly out of line, we were perfect. Hats off guys, it looked awesome. Less said about my start though the better, I instantly lost two spots.
 
No bump drafing at SSRX 👍
 
Starting some of my stewarding work. First up: counting laps.

I enjoyed watching back my great race start. I went from 7th to 2nd on the first lap.
 
Starting some of my stewarding work. First up: counting laps.

I enjoyed watching back my great race start. I went from 7th to 2nd on the first lap.

Thanks mate, hope you got my PM 👍
 
I still need to look at the replay properly and will do sometime today. But I dud watch us all forming up after the pace lap.

I dont know....the problem seems to be with the caution periods & pace laps.

Lag was an issue for me. I rear ended Smuffy, it was definitely a lag incident if you watch it going down the 2nd straight after the banked turn on lap 1. There was nothing I could do really.

Also, its still not clear to me what the wave around deal is. Must you be the first car a lap down, or in between the leader and the pace car? (please dont call it safety car, this is AMERICA, **** yeah.)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back