IZOD IndyCar Series | Champions - JoeOfTheFire & Team Penske

  • Thread starter Thread starter cgr-10
  • 1,454 comments
  • 61,140 views

Where should we go for Round 7?


  • Total voters
    15
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know....the problem seems to be with the caution periods & pace laps.

Lag was an issue for me. I rear ended Smuffy, it was definitely a lag incident if you watch it going down the 2nd straight after the banked turn on lap 1. There was nothing I could do really.

With light damage atleast getting a hit isn't the end of your race. Also, its still not clear to me what the wave around deal is. Must you be the first car a lap down, or in between the leader and the pace car? (please dont call it safety car, this is AMERICA, **** yeah.)



Language Warning
 
Rich S
I dont know....the problem seems to be with the caution periods & pace laps.

Lag was an issue for me. I rear ended Smuffy, it was definitely a lag incident if you watch it going down the 2nd straight after the banked turn on lap 1. There was nothing I could do really.

Also, its still not clear to me what the wave around deal is. Must you be the first car a lap down, or in between the leader and the pace car? (please dont call it safety car, this is AMERICA, **** yeah.)

There us a difference I believe between a wave around and a lucky dog?
 
I dont know....the problem seems to be with the caution periods & pace laps.

Lag was an issue for me. I rear ended Smuffy, it was definitely a lag incident if you watch it going down the 2nd straight after the banked turn on lap 1. There was nothing I could do really.

Also, its still not clear to me what the wave around deal is. Must you be the first car a lap down, or in between the leader and the pace car? (please dont call it safety car, this is AMERICA, **** yeah.)

Inbetween the safety car and the leader.

And it's a safety car, just like a pavement is a sidewalk :lol:
 
Lucky dog is only in NASCAR, and lets the first car 1+ laps down get a lap back under caution, no matter where they are in the field/pack.

The way we've been doing wavearounds is to give them to the cars between the pace car and the leader at the beginning of the second caution lap.

The proper way to do wavearounds was posted a page or two back though (I think LV posted it?). That describes how they do them in real life.

EDIT: My 1000th post, aren't I special. :D
 
Last edited:
Lucky dog is only in NASCAR, and lets the first car 1+ laps down get a lap back under caution, no matter where they are in the field/pack.

The way we've been doing wavearounds is to give them to the cars between the pace car and the leader at the beginning of the second caution lap.

The proper way to do wavearounds was posted a page or two back though (I think LV posted it?). That describes how they do them in real life.

Yeah we don't fully follow the real life rule as we let the wave-around cars pit, I think that's a good thing as it keeps the field together.
 
Halfway done with the lap counting. I'll post that up in about 30 minutes time when I'm done.
 
DrifterJoe
Halfway done with the lap counting. I'll post that up in about 30 minutes time when I'm done.

Don't lose count ;) or a lap like Tom.. :sly:
 
DrifterJoe
Halfway done with the lap counting. I'll post that up in about 30 minutes time when I'm done.

I'm not going to get to watch the last half back till later on, and may or may not have an issue. Will watch as soon as I can.
 
When I've received the laps led and all the incidents have been reviewed I will post up the tables and a list of all the penalties given with explanation 👍
 
Laps led:

Joe- 24
Matty- 7
Cowboys-5
Anarchy- 3
Knelly- 1

Now to check on the incidents etc.
 
DrifterJoe
Laps led:

Joe- 24
Matty- 7
Cowboys-5
Anarchy- 3
Knelly- 1

Now to check on the incidents etc.

Lol, that one I led was in the pits under caution.
 
Knelly
Lol, that one I led was in the pits under caution.

Shouldn't count cause you went over 70 in the pits ;)

Anyone else want points for second most laps led? :dopey:
 
Remember guys, we don't have time to watch everyone's race individually one by one in the replay, so report any incidents you saw in the race. e.g if it had been Tom checking the replay instead of me, he wouldn't have noticed one of the things I included in my incident report.

I've checked out all the reported incidents that have been passed on to me, we just need to decide on whether any penalties should be given for them, and then they'll probably appear in the thread.
 
TomMcD
Inbetween the safety car and the leader.

And it's a safety car, just like a pavement is a sidewalk :lol:

Why does the safety car pick up anyone in front of the leader to begin with? The leader should be the very first car picked up by the safety car when the caution starts.

From there, if a lap down car stays out while all lead lap cars in front of him pit (putting him in front of the leaders, but still behind the safety car), THEN he could take the wave around to get a lap back right before the restart, at the cost of not being able to pit during the caution period. If a lead-lap car stays out, other than the original leader, only the lapped cars in front of the new leader would get the wave around.
 
Tom! If you agree to the above I am making myself redundant :lol: too complicated, I cant tell who is who from a load of little triangles running around on a wavy line!
 
berty1979
Tom! If you agree to the above I am making myself redundant :lol: too complicated, I cant tell who is who from a load of little triangles running around on a wavy line!

People near the front could tell you who the leader is and if that car isn't behind you they go through?

Just trying to help incase Tom says yes:lol:
 
Agree Drops version is correct, but I do like the simplicity of the way we do it right now.
 
Why does the safety car pick up anyone in front of the leader to begin with? The leader should be the very first car picked up by the safety car when the caution starts.

From there, if a lap down car stays out while all lead lap cars in front of him pit (putting him in front of the leaders, but still behind the safety car), THEN he could take the wave around to get a lap back right before the restart, at the cost of not being able to pit during the caution period. If a lead-lap car stays out, other than the original leader, only the lapped cars in front of the new leader would get the wave around.

i understand what your saying. This isnt NASCAR though. When the caution comes out no one can pass anyone, that includes the safety car.

Bottom line this system works, we all understand it, why change something thats not broke?
 
I don't know anything bout IndyCar so I'll just stay quiet :dopey:
 
I agree we should just keep it how it is. It's fair and nobody is having any real issues with it, case closed 👍

Just finishing up the points.
 
I would get too complicated, we struggle to communicate sometimes as it is. If I had a 5 man team to work with and a few dozen marshals we could sort it :D
DLC suggestion maybe :lol:
 
Penalties for Round 2

Cowboys - 6 points
-The first penalty for cutting the lines on the pit entry under caution.
-The second penalty for not lining up double file for the restart which caused him to slam into the rear of a car causing damage.

Anarchy - 5 points
-For slamming into the rear of Rich causing heavy damage.

Rich - 5 points
-For causing an accident under caution by not leaving enough room between cars.

The incident involving smuffy, Cowboy and Rich was caused mainly by a small amount lag, therefore no penalties will be awarded.

General Warning to ALL Drivers
Please leave plenty of room between you and the car in front during the pace lap and caution periods, they are not going to speed off into the distance, there is a safety car in the way, use your common sense. You only need to move close to other cars as you line up on the final straight to restart double file. A good rule of thumb is leave two car lengths between drivers.

Penalties are dealt with, there's no need to discuss them further. Let em' go and start worrying about next week instead of having a go. It was a fairly clean race though, well done gents :cheers:
 
Very fair I reckon.
 
TomMcD
Penalties for Round 2

Cowboys - 6 points
-The first penalty for cutting the lines on the pit entry under caution.
-The second penalty for not lining up double file for the restart which caused him to slam into the rear of a car causing damage.

Anarchy - 5 points
-For slamming into the rear of Rich causing heavy damage.

Rich - 5 points
-For causing an accident under caution by not leaving enough room between cars.

The incident involving smuffy, Cowboy and Rich was caused mainly by a small amount lag, therefore no penalties will be awarded.

General Warning to ALL Drivers
Please leave plenty of room between you and the car in front during the pace lap and caution periods, they are not going to speed off into the distance, there is a safety car in the way, use your common sense. You only need to move close to other cars as you line up on the final straight to restart double file. A good rule of thumb is leave two car lengths between drivers.

Penalties are dealt with, there's no need to discuss them further. Let em' go and start worrying about next week instead of having a go. It was a fairly clean race though, well done gents :cheers:

Since when did we have to go behind the lines? And I thought we were double file as there was somebody next to me...
 
Since when did we have to go behind the lines? And I thought we were double file as there was somebody next to me...

It tells the drivers around you that you are about to pit, the rule is to have two wheels in it at all time while pitting and exiting the pits.

And you should have been double file beside me, as you were in 4th, I was 3rd. But you stayed behind and although you went green at the right time, because you were behind me and not at the side, you slammed into my rear giving me engine damage.

Sorry mate, Joe's looked at all of the incidents listed and we've discussed them and agreed on the penalties.
 
TomMcD
It tells the drivers around you that you are about to pit, the rule is to have two wheels in it at all time while pitting and exiting the pits.

And you should have been double file beside me, as you were in 4th, I was 3rd. But you stayed behind and although you went green at the right time, because you were behing me and not at the side, you slammed into my rear giving me engine damage.

Sorry mate, Joe's looked at all of the incidents listed and we've discussed them and agreed on the penalties.

I guess I was sleeping a few hours early last night. :lol:

Now I have 34 points instead of 40 from that race. :(
 
Since when did we have to go behind the lines? And I thought we were double file as there was somebody next to me...

From the OP: "On all other tracks the pit entrys and exits are pretty simple, just remember the 60mph entry speed. You must have at least 2 wheels in the pit entry/exit lanes at all times."

The restart had the two guys in front double file, then Tom, and then you behind him. The drivers behind were all double file.
 
I guess I was sleeping a few hours early last night. :lol:

Now I have 34 points instead of 40 from that race. :(

No worries mate, most of us will probably get penalties at some point so it may even out except for the cleanest of drivers on the grid who have scoured the rules and stick to them :)

See above ^
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back