IZOD IndyCar Series | Champions - JoeOfTheFire & Team Penske

  • Thread starter Thread starter cgr-10
  • 1,454 comments
  • 61,156 views

Where should we go for Round 7?


  • Total voters
    15
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then shouldn't the guy behind me have pulled up beside me?

I haven't rewatched it so you know more than me.
 
Then shouldn't the guy behind me have pulled up beside me?

I haven't rewatched it so you know more than me.

I I
I
I
I I
I I
I I

This is how the field was at the restart, with Tom and you being the single I's. I was the driver behind you and wouldn't have been able to pull up next to you anyway, as I already had someone next to me and wouldn't have been able to get round them.
 
Then shouldn't the guy behind me have pulled up beside me?

I haven't rewatched it so you know more than me.

Nope, the restarts are double file. 1st and second were beside each other, you should have been beside me as we were 3rd and 4th 👍

See above again ^

EDIT: Tables are on the OP by the way.
 
Oh, silly me!

Well at I know the rules now.
 
Huh, nice to know I got penalized for the person infront of Rich slaming on the brakes. Was a chain reaction in my mind, considering he even said it after it happened that I hit him cause he had to slam on the brakes.

Whatever though.....
 
AnarchyRacing24
Huh, nice to know I got penalized for the person infront of Rich slaming on the brakes. Was a chain reaction in my mind, considering he even said it after it happened that I hit him cause he had to slam on the brakes.

Whatever though.....

We only investigated it because Rich sent me a PM about it, otherwise we wouldn't have noticed.
 
Huh, nice to know I got penalized for the person infront of Rich slaming on the brakes. Was a chain reaction in my mind, considering he even said it after it happened that I hit him cause he had to slam on the brakes.

Whatever though.....

Once again, this was me. Check the replay, I didn't slow down much at all. I don't think I dropped below 60mph there.
 
Once again, this was me. Check the replay, I didn't slow down much at all. I don't think I dropped below 60mph there.

You also have to take into account that it happened in the tunnel where its hard enough to see as is
 
You also have to take into account that it happened in the tunnel where its hard enough to see as is

Not the tunnel before the restart, this was lap 4. The tunnel has been looked at.

I only just realised that we were both talking about the tunnel when it wasn't actually that, and checked what I've reviewed to make sure. >_>
 
Even if there was minimal intent, if it caused heavy damage it's a fairly serious incident. Anyway it's only a few points, let's gloss over it now 👍

I've got a pretty damn awesome 4 week series to run in the IndyCar off season, started putting it together....
 
Not the tunnel before the restart, this was lap 4. The tunnel has been looked at.

I only just realised that we were both talking about the tunnel when it wasn't actually that, and checked what I've reviewed to make sure. >_>

hmm...i'll have to recheck the replay
 
so now that i've checked the replay im getting my penalty for a lag hit. when i watch from his point of view i clipped his right front with my left rear. ( which gave him light damage not heavy) he got heavy damage off the next corner from hitting the wall at the entry to the tunnel.
however, when i watch from my camera we never touch. i should be at fault for lag why? did you watch the event from my car or only his?

im pursuing this so hard because i dont think this will be an isolated incident throughout the season. (especially when we have so many countries represented) How is this going to be governed?
 
so now that i've checked the replay im getting my penalty for a lag hit. when i watch from his point of view i clipped his right front with my left rear. ( which gave him light damage not heavy) he got heavy damage off the next corner from hitting the wall at the entry to the tunnel.
however, when i watch from my camera we never touch. i should be at fault for lag why? did you watch the event from my car or only his?

im pursuing this so hard because i dont think this will be an isolated incident throughout the season. (especially when we have so many countries represented) How is this going to be governed?

The incident was reported as him being hit from behind by you, so it wouldn't be him hitting the wall at the entry to the tunnel. I've just watched it again from both cars and neither car lagged on my replay, and I saw the contact.

I don't know about the governing of incidents through the season, since it will normally be Tom who saves the replay and checks incidents. I usually wouldn't be doing all of this.
 
Rich - 5 points
-For causing an accident under caution by not leaving enough room between cars.

What lap was that on? That doesn't sound right.
 
Rich S
What lap was that on? That doesn't sound right.

Can't quite recall the lap but you sped up to catch the car in front then slammed on the brakes which caused a small pile up behind you which is when Knelly got damage and had to pit.

And on a whole i'm not really going to accept lag as an excuse unless it's blatantly obvious as with the incident where smuffy got hit. The room had no problems with it and if it's shown on the replay as clear contact, it wasn't lag. Personally i'll try be as fair as possible throughout the season but Joe's pretty adamant that's what he's seeing on the replay, I don't really have any reason to disagree with him.
 
Last edited:
Yeah, if I'd seen lag in any other incidents there wouldn't be penalties for them either.

What lap was that on? That doesn't sound right.

Just rewatched if for specifics. End of lap 18 for the lead lap cars. End of lap 17 for you, in the tunnel under caution right before we went green.

From your car: There was a gap between me and you coming out the esses, so you sped up to 93mph to close it. The gap closed up quickly, so you had to brake hard to not hit me in the rear. This made Knelly behind you have to do the same, and Anarchy behind him couldn't react in time and he hit knelly giving him damage and forcing him to pit as we went green.

From my car: I let off the throttle down to 56mph at this time because we'd all bunched up tightly behind the pace car. As soon as I could I floored it back up to 71mph in second gear (2nd hit the limiter at 71 for me), and got back up to 67mph by the time you'd committed to braking heavily from 93mph.

From the pace car: he was accelerating slowly from 60mph exiting the esses.


So basically we were following the pace car as it was accelerating back up to 70mph from 60mph leaving the esses, I'd slowed to 56mph due to this, and at the same time you'd sped up to 93mph to close the gap between me and you and had to brake hard when you reached me, causing knelly and Anarchy to have to also brake hard and leaving Knelly with damage that he had to pit for.


Results:

1. JoeOfTheFire 40 minutes 57 seconds (can't really guess the miliseconds from the replay)
2. Cowboys965 +13.679
3. AnarchyRacing24 +31.987
4. mattymc1996 +47.904
5. Knelly +48.053
6. smuffyatfcp +1:34.214
7. Tom_97_COD +2:24.213
8. mustardaddict +2:32.104
9. M-Stall41 +1 lap (was 1 or 2 seconds from finishing the race when the timer ran out. Finishing gap would probably have been about +3:01.000)
 
Last edited:
*sigh* i so wish i had a way to show you the replay from my system. oh well, probably wont be the last time im getting a penalty then. didn't touch him on my end, but i did on yours.
 
*sigh* i so wish i had a way to show you the replay from my system. oh well, probably wont be the last time im getting a penalty then. didn't touch him on my end, but i did on yours.

Take a video of it using a camcorder or mobile like Matty did if you really want to. I'm unsure what to say to you mate, it's just how it's been seen, sorry.
 
I am guessing a safety car is surplus to requirements on SSRX is that correct?
 
berty1979
I am guessing a safety car is surplus to requirements on SSRX is that correct?

We're going to do it I think, the plan is on the OP 👍
 
Affirmative 👍
 
The pace car needs to have a high end...

Perhaps a Lambo pace car. :sly: It could compete in the race if it wanted too.

All day yesterday I thought that Felipe Nasta guy was Felipe Massa. haha, funny.
 
:lol: my skyline is no slouch
 
The top speed is like 186 mph fully tuned. It accelerates 0-60 in 1.5 secs but the top end is really bad.

Polyphony needs this:

 
Sweet pace car, no lights in GT5 though :(
 
The Aventador could be good for SSRX since it has a nice high top end, and is also 4WD so it can set off quickly without issue on comfort hards (tyres on cars are restricted to them for oval tracks). I would've suggested an LMP if it wasn't for the comfort hards.
 
Not seeing much activity from our 'series photographer' :lol:
 
The skyline is also 4WD and its got pretty flaashing lights, how fast do you want me to go on SSRX :lol:
I might have to have a practice run!
 
The skyline is also 4WD and its got pretty flaashing lights, how fast do you want me to go on SSRX :lol:
I might have to have a practice run!

Normal pace because as it says in the OP we're doing a 'sector' safety car period, not an entire lap :)
 
Aww, I wanted to go fast for once. Ok np.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back