IZOD IndyCar Series | Champions - JoeOfTheFire & Team Penske

  • Thread starter Thread starter cgr-10
  • 1,454 comments
  • 61,152 views

Where should we go for Round 7?


  • Total voters
    15
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any of you guys got a Level 24 ticket?
 
You guys may have heard about the changes to IndyCar in 2012 announced the other night, here's an article from SPEED about it.

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/indycar-barfield-changing-the-status-quo/

Long story short, we'll be trying to replicate these changes next time around, so S2 of IndyCar is likely to feature:

-Formation lap on road/street courses, self gridding and a standing start.
-Heat races for qualifying at ovals
-Single file oval restarts

Single file oval restarts? What 🤬

Double file restarts is the only reason for what has got me back into watching IndyCar.
 
Chqr
Single file oval restarts? What 🤬

Double file restarts is the only reason for what has got me back into watching IndyCar.

I can understand the reasoning behind it but it will make racing less interesting. On the other hand the standing starts and heat races will be excellent additions to the series, it seems IndyCar are moving further towards F1.
 
Furinkazen
Any of you guys got a Level 24 ticket?

I assume it's not for racing in this series though.. :sly:
 
Not really thrilled about the changes IMHO, and I'm a huge IndyCar fan. I can see how standing starts can be exciting, but I'm a fan of rolling starts.

I can understand the safety concern about the restarts, but I disagree with going back to single file, if they are really concerned about the pit wall at Indy, make the acceleration point close to the start/finish line.
 
Not really thrilled about the changes IMHO, and I'm a huge IndyCar fan. I can see how standing starts can be exciting, but I'm a fan of rolling starts.

I can understand the safety concern about the restarts, but I disagree with going back to single file, if they are really concerned about the pit wall at Indy, make the acceleration point close to the start/finish line.

Exactly.
 
It's race day again gentlemen. Remember, if you can't make it please PM me ASAP. The race info is on the OP if you haven't seen it already 👍

Thinking 8 or 9 is a realistic turnout for tonight.
 
TomMcD
It's race day again gentlemen. Remember, if you can't make it please PM me ASAP. The race info is on the OP if you haven't seen it already 👍

Thinking 8 or 9 is a realistic turnout for tonight.

8 or 9 what? Laps without caution? :dopey:
 
8 or 9 what? Laps without caution? :dopey:

Maybe 8 or 9 cautions? :sly:

Have we found a safe place for the pace car to sit? Outside of turn 1 on the run-off?
 
Maybe 8 or 9 cautions? :sly:

Have we found a safe place for the pace car to sit? Outside of turn 1 on the run-off?

Yep, seems the best place.

I did mean people but cautions may be close to the mark :sly:
 
I know the spot, is it the same procedures as last week in regards to cautions and start?
 
I know the spot, is it the same procedures as last week in regards to cautions and start?

Correct mate, may be an idea to not enter the pit lane on the starts/restarts but instead pull over on the main straight and just continue to the spot after the cars have gone past the line. This means you won't have to back track from the pit exit to T1.
 
Yea. I am happy with that. I will only pit If I get damaged and at the start ill get out of the way well before the start line 👍
 
Yea. I am happy with that. I will only pit If I get damaged and at the start ill get out of the way well before the start line 👍

There's two opportunities to pull over, one run-off on the right just after the last corner and another on the right about 50 yards from the line. Either is good 👍
 
Ill pick one tonight, see you at 1115 👍
 
As a reserve driver, will I be needed tonight if I can make it?
 
Whats a good time around Laguna?
 
Get yourselves on PSN guys and gals, room is opening up as we speak.

EDIT: I had 20 minutes practice and was running mid '12's, but i'm sure I can do better.
 
Okay, coming online now.

Thankfully these cars don't have horns.. Check the Suzuki Swift Series thread to see why I say that..
 
Sorry about tonight I just can't get the hang of these beasts unless it an oval circuit. My apologies if I got in anyone's way.
 
I'm fueming right now.
Thanks for giving room to the leader Anarchy.

Great race. BS. I had the win.
 
I'm abit tied up on Friday evenings....so I wont be able to make all the races. I'll try and make one or two.
 
Rich - Ok mate, no worries.

Boyce - It's fine mate, they are tricky to handle at Laguna.

Cowboys - I had no idea what happened, I'll look at the replay later. PM me with the details as I don't have a clue.
 
Thoroughly enjoyed tonight lads, thought I had a podium in me tonight and just missed out on that.

The only incident that I can think of, Tom knows about, so I won't PM you unless you need me to. I will watch the replay tomorrow at some point to make sure.

Lots of respect out there tonight, Matty and Tom are the ones that stood out here, because I was around them most of the night.

My mistake was when battling Anarchy for the lead, knew I had him beat and just had to keep pressuring him into a mistake which I felt was going to come (not sure if he had damage), and stiffening up with nerves got the better. That's getting better though and feel I am coming more of a podium contender in races.

Had a great stroke of luck mid point. Got damage (my own fault) during a caution lap, tried a few laps to see if I was still as quick, but it was beginning to affect my handling. Pitted to fix it and came out (a lap down) immediately behind Brett for the wave around, who had just come out - perfect timing, and a bit like Toms later in the race, but that got me back onto lead lap and back in the hunt. Should never give up is the moral there, as luck can still fortune you.

Very well done with the caution laps, everyone now seems to have this sussed, and was going to take some races to get there. Things like waiting for pits to open, gaps between cars, wave arounds. All seemed very smooth and well done to all again.

All in all a fourth is good for me and Team Penske. Good finish tonight Joe, can't win em all buddy, good team points. Good win to Anarchy as well.
 
I was never going to gain 2 places in the final lap, so 3rd will do. I got up smuffy's inside at the corkscrew when I braked later than him (couldn't go anywhere else) and pushed him out the way, so I let him back through and finished 2 tenths behind him.
 
Nice write up Knelly, well done out there tonight mate. Congrats to Anarchy on the win, and I'll remind you all again that the Autodromo di Toscana is up for download from my account 👍
 
I was very disappointed at the end. Was hoping to stay ahead if joe for a while but that became impossible when he got right behind me and I couldn't legally defend against it. After that my race was pretty much over. Felt like quitting with about 5 laps left and then the caution came out and I hoped everyone would pit so that I could actually contend for something rather then being behind Knelly and Tom knowing I could overtake them but really had no point with two laps left.

All in all though a decent race from me. I may deserve a penalty for the pace lap incident on lap 15 but I believe there should have been more of a gap between cars going into the corner.

Looking forward to next week, cause of Tom likes this track as much as he does it must be easy enough :sly: :lol:
 
I was very disappointed at the end. Was hoping to stay ahead if joe for a while but that became impossible when he got right behind me and I couldn't legally defend against it. After that my race was pretty much over. Felt like quitting with about 5 laps left and then the caution came out and I hoped everyone would pit so that I could actually contend for something rather then being behind Knelly and Tom knowing I could overtake them but really had no point with two laps left.

All in all though a decent race from me. I may deserve a penalty for the pace lap incident on lap 15 but I believe there should have been more of a gap between cars going into the corner.

Looking forward to next week, cause of Tom likes this track as much as he does it must be easy enough :sly: :lol:

I would generally take offence to this statement but I won't because it's 100% truth :lol:

The track map is on the OP now, I'll do the race preview ASAP 👍
 
Anarchy went on to win? Wow.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back