IZOD IndyCar Series | Champions - JoeOfTheFire & Team Penske

  • Thread starter Thread starter cgr-10
  • 1,454 comments
  • 61,158 views

Where should we go for Round 7?


  • Total voters
    15
Status
Not open for further replies.
This track fills me with RAGE! 2nd to last corner I keep hitting the outer wall and there's invisible walls like 2 feet off the Tarmac! :grumpy:
 
This track fills me with RAGE! 2nd to last corner I keep hitting the outer wall and there's invisible walls like 2 feet off the Tarmac! :grumpy:

Yeah it'd be nice if there was more dirt than a car width. The invisible walls are also right next to the tarmac from just before the pit straight to halfway between the pit exit and the first corner. The second to last corner isn't how I'd originally intended it to be, it was meant to be faster and not as tight, but when I was originally making the track I couldn't find a way do do so without the corner having a load of negative camber on the exit. I went for the tighter verison as a compromise in the end. My newer edited version has mostly fixed that corner. It has the same camber as the tight verion that we're racing at, but is now a faster corner.

If people stick around after the Toscana race, I'll set the track to the edited Toscana to see what people think.
 
3G on my phone Cowboys 👍

Anyway, sitrep. I've left it overnight after resetting the modem and router and it looks like everythings sorted itself out. I just need to set it up again and we're on for tonight :D

EDIT: Yep, definitely on!
 
Last edited:
Gonna try and make it tonight and also stay on the track
 
Gonna try and make it tonight and also stay on the track

Awesome man, hang in there even if you drop back because cautions will always bunch the field up provided you've not been lapped.
 
This will probably be the quickest race of the season, with a non caution race taking 40 minutes.
 
This will probably be the quickest race of the season, with a non caution race taking 40 minutes.

Definitely, it's 34 laps of just over a minute. It'll be probably be only three quarters of an hour even if we do get a couple of cautions.
 
Don't forget to hang around after if you want to try the edited Autodromo di Toscana Due which I'll submit for next season's race here.
 
Don't forget to hang around after if you want to try the edited Autodromo di Toscana Due which I'll submit for next season's race here.

Will do mate, I'll try and stick around for 15-20 minutes at least. Also I'll put Feyhill Circuit up for download tonight either just before or after the race 👍
 
I meant not more laps then?
 
Cowboys965
I meant not more laps then?

It's long enough really, and any cautions will slow that right down. Last weeks race was a long one.
 
I can't wait for Indy already :/
 
Tom, change of plans so I will be home tonight. Whats the name of the track and who do I need to get it from so I can start practicing?
 
LVracerGT
Tom, change of plans so I will be home tonight. Whats the name of the track and who do I need to get it from so I can start practicing?

I've put it up for download 👍
 
Autodromo di Toscana, LV. My created track. Tom and I have it up for download, and if you hang around for a little after the race, you can try out the edited version that I made last night.
 

IndyCar.png

Press Release

The next season of IndyCar racing is scheduled to begin in mid to late April and it has been decided that we will drop the title sponsor, IZOD. The series will be renamed 'GTPlanet IndyCar Series'. The name change will be coupled with a new custom made logo which has been designed by R1600Turbo.

Expect 1-2 more oval races next season and a longer calendar, there are also plans for a round similar to the Twin 275's that took place at Fort Worth last year. These are the only planned changes as of now, but the list will likely grow as we get closer to the new season.

Tom McDonald

IndyCar Race Director ​
 
Last edited:
So Indy 500
Another Indy race,
Daytona race,
And Daytona 500? :boggled:
 
So Indy 500
Another Indy race,
Daytona race,
And Daytona 500? :boggled:

I was thinking Indy 200 to open the season, Indy 500 mid season and Daytona 200/300 for the Championship race. 10/11 race calendar. If it's over 10 there's more chance of a 4th oval race.
 
Be nice for Miami Homestead or something. Texas would be good too if we had those ovals. 2? C'mon.
 
Be nice for Miami Homestead or something. Texas would be good too if we had those ovals. 2? C'mon.

I know, I've said before that I'd have been happy if they'd put a generic 1.5 mile and a short track oval in the game.
 

IndyCar.png

Press Release

The next season of IndyCar racing is scheduled to begin in mid to late April and it has been decided that we will drop the title sponsor, IZOD. The series will be renamed 'GTPlanet IndyCar Series'. The name change will be coupled with a new custom made logo which has been designed by R1600Turbo.

Expect 1-2 more oval races next season and a longer calendar, there are also plans for a round similar to the Twin 275's that took place at Fort Worth last year. These are the only planned changes as of now, but the list will likely grow as we get closer to the new season.

Tom McDonald

IndyCar Race Director ​

Definitely signing up for the next season of IndyCar, Tom.
 
Sounds good. I was wondering if you had considered marrying up the schedule in this, up with the Sprint and Nationwide Series.

There are a few runners in here, that are also in one (or both) the others, and a weekend at Daytona, for example, in all classes would be excellent.

Of course there are tracks that you have in here, that differ from tracks in the Sprint etc, but for the main, it could be a good idea 💡
 
Sounds good. I was wondering if you had considered marrying up the schedule in this, up with the Sprint and Nationwide Series.

There are a few runners in here, that are also in one (or both) the others, and a weekend at Daytona, for example, in all classes would be excellent.

Of course there are tracks that you have in here, that differ from tracks in the Sprint etc, but for the main, it could be a good idea 💡

It's a good idea, I'll take a look at how the Sprint Cup schedule matches up to ours once I've written up a schedule for S2. And obviously if I do end up sorting out Nationwide I can alter that also, still would rather have a Sprint Cup seat though :nervous:

Tom - Good to hear fella 👍
 
Technically, this is S2 :p

But I like the time now. But I understand you UK guys might have a problem.
 
Wasn't talking about the time. More about corresponding tracks.
 
I do like the idea of a 'Daytona Championship Weekend' which would consist of the IndyCar finale, a Nationwide and Sprint Cup race in the same weekend.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back