IZOD IndyCar Series | Champions - JoeOfTheFire & Team Penske

  • Thread starter Thread starter cgr-10
  • 1,454 comments
  • 61,114 views

Where should we go for Round 7?


  • Total voters
    15
Status
Not open for further replies.
It rhymes and sounds very similar.

/BuzzKillington

Now go to bed! 3 AM is too late for you!
 
Nice pics Cowboys 👍
 
Looking at replays now. Sorry for the delay but been a real busy weekend.
 
Stewards Report #2

I'd like to say that the racing was very clean out there and as Knelly pointed out to me, in TC racing we wouldn't even be discussing these incidents but in the FGT's the fragility of the car is a problem. I would say to you all, if you misjudge your braking zones or slam someone you will most likely be penalized, it doesn't matter whether it was malicious or not, the point is you can ruin someone's race. So my advice is if you are neck and neck going into a turn and you're not 75% sure you can get past cleanly, yield and back off. Anyway...

Tom (5pt Penalty) - For misjudging braking zone and slamming into Smuffy, giving heavy damage.

Joe (5pt Penalty) - Same as above, misjudging braking and slamming into me at turn 1, causing engine damage.

Matty (5pt Penalty) - For two incidents, slightly reckless driving around Knelly on the first lap and the incident that caused me to spin off at turn 1. Individually these incidents would not have warranted penalties, but cumulatively they add up to one.

Many thanks to Joe, Matty, Cowboys and Knelly for giving me their views on the incidents 👍 Tables up soon.
 
Damm, I just can't get out of 6th spot. I pass Anarchy, close the gap on Tom, Matty keeps the gap on me, but with Cowboys win he leapfrogs me (and just me).

Bring on Indy, that's all I can say. I've done a few laps of it recently if nobody knew :sly:
 
Very close in the tables, Joe is flying and Smuffy is beginning to pull away but from Cowboys down it's very tense.

So to Indy, can Smuffy be a three time winner? Will there be 50 cautions? Can anybody close the gap on Joe?
 
Very close in the tables, Joe is flying and Smuffy is beginning to pull away but from Cowboys down it's very tense.

So to Indy, can Smuffy be a three time winner? Will there be 50 cautions? Can anybody close the gap on Joe?

Going for the 3rd win and would like to get it, as for the cautions who knows :scared:
 
I think you messed up on the points a bit Tom..

Me and Knelly both got the same amount in the last race that was counted for?

And I don't know if the tables been updated but if so I should have got 35 points and Joe should have got 40. Possible other mistakes.
 
Penalties of 5 points for you Tom and Joe.
 
Knelly
Penalties of 5 points for you Tom and Joe.

Only seen that now..

I honestly don't think I should be penalised though? My slightly reckless driving was cause we (Me and Knelly) were trying to get round The Boyce and Tom because Boyce was all over the place and and Tom had engine damage, and I wasn't all that reckless really. In fact I was being very impatiently cautious. I'm going to review that further before I say any more.

And the second incident I was alongside Tom and I braked slightly later getting my nose ahead and you turned into my front end. In my opinion. Again will check replay before I say anymore.

Am I allowed to appeal a decision?
 
mattymc96
Only seen that now..

I honestly don't think I should be penalised though? My slightly reckless driving was cause we (Me and Knelly) were trying to get round The Boyce and Tom because Boyce was all over the place and and Tom had engine damage, and I wasn't all that reckless really. In fact I was being very impatiently cautious. I'm going to review that further before I say any more.

And the second incident I was alongside Tom and I braked slightly later getting my nose ahead and you turned into my front end. In my opinion. Again will check replay before I say anymore.

Am I allowed to appeal a decision?

Not sure how an appeal would work as I pooled views from other drivers in assigning the penalties anyway.
 
Well if multiple people have said then you can’t really go back on their decision.
 
I'll check and see what it looks like and I'll probably agree.. But it just seems harsh..

Reviewed lap one and can't possibly see how I'm over aggressive..

Maybe you got me mixed up with the Boyce?
 
I believe Tom stated it was based on an accumulation of taps that all caused damage and no particular one was an incident worthy enough in it's own right.

So all add up to one in these cars.
 
Knelly
I believe Tom stated it was based on an accumulation of taps that all caused damage and no particular one was an incident worthy enough in it's own right.

So all add up to one in these cars.

I checked the second one again as well and don't see why I was penalised..

From Toms view he couldn't see me but it's not like I meant to hit him.

And for the first one I hit Knelly once and didn't give any damage. Again it may be Boyce who you meant to say as he give Knelly damage on two wheels that lap.
 
I checked the second one again as well and don't see why I was penalised..

From Toms view he couldn't see me but it's not like I meant to hit him.

And for the first one I hit Knelly once and didn't give any damage. Again it may be Boyce who you meant to say as he give Knelly damage on two wheels that lap.

To be completely honest mate, it doesn't matter whether you meant it or not. I didn't mean to plow into the back of Smuffy, I should have braked earlier, but I didn't so I got a penalty.

I was borderline on giving you a penalty, but Knelly and Joe suggested it and Cowboys was the only driver I asked to disagree. I don't feel like I have much choice, however I see it.
 
But how was I aggressive on lap one? I was one of the most cautious drivers that lap.. And the second one I can understand as a part if I did something else wrong..

But as you said the culmination of both gave me the penalty, and I didn't actually do anything on lap one?
 
But how was I aggressive on lap one? I was one of the most cautious drivers that lap.. And the second one I can understand as a part if I did something else wrong..

But as you said the culmination of both gave me the penalty, and I didn't actually do anything on lap one?

Think of it this way, if I thought you were that bad on lap 1 you'd have got another penalty as well. My main reasoning was for the second incident.
 
TomMcD
Think of it this way, if I thought you were that bad on lap 1 you'd have got another penalty as well. My main reasoning was for the second incident.

I still think it was a harsh decision..
 
Anarchy's had some issues IRL with cash and won't be able to race with us for the foreseeable future, he may return at some point. Real shame but he said it's been fun running with you guys 👍
 
Anyone wanna do some testing and racing @ Indy?
 
Sad to hear about that as he was a great teammate. Hope he can sort himself out.

Anybody want to fill in for him until he can come back? If ever :(
 
Last edited:
Sorry to hear that news, and wondered where he was on Friday. Hope he comes back when he can. A good competitor 👍
 
Cowboys you need to clear your pm's. You online?
 
Okay, anybody want to try fill in for Anarchy this Friday? And I'm on the lookout for a (Hopefully tempory) replacement for him.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back