Jaguar Will Offer An Electrified Option For Every New Model From 2020

An E-type with an Electric engine? Shoot me...

Is there any difference between this and a classic Mustang with a modern crate engine? Or a classic car with a different sourced engine, because the original engine is too hard to find?

Seriously, who the hell cares whether it has an electric engine or not? Certainly, knowing how tempermental classic British sports coupes can be, I'd much, MUCH rather have the electric engine.

Considering how common the E-Type is, this electrification bothers me far less than the one Toyota did with the 2000GT a few years ago.

...I'd still rather have an Eagle, though.

Is there any difference between this and a classic Mustang with a modern crate engine? Or a classic car with a different sourced engine, because the original engine is too hard to find?

Seriously, who the hell cares whether it has an electric engine or not? Certainly, knowing how tempermental classic British sports coupes can be, I'd much, MUCH rather have the electric engine.
Sound and feel.

Is this a full EV option across the board or a hybrid option (what does 'electrification' mean?). Because otherwise it will be a hollow announcement like another manufacturer made a few weeks ago, can't remember which one.

Is this a full EV option across the board or a hybrid option (what does 'electrification' mean?). Because otherwise it will be a hollow announcement like another manufacturer made a few weeks ago, can't remember which one.

Electrification means mild hybrid (48V electric systems to aid turbo response etc), plug-in hybrid and full battery electric. Volvo, Maserati and AMG have all announced similar strategies.

Electrification means mild hybrid (48V electric systems to aid turbo response etc), plug-in hybrid and full battery electric. Volvo, Maserati and AMG have all announced similar strategies.

Yeah, I thought as much. No one seems to have the guts yet to offer a fully EV option for every model. For that matter it's just going to be an expensive trim level option that hardly anyone will purchase.

Is this a full EV option across the board or a hybrid option (what does 'electrification' mean?)
It means that for every new model line introduced from 2020 (and likely for model line refreshes too), Jaguar Land Rover will offer at least one hybrid, plug-in hybrid, range extender or pure EV engine option along with any other engine options.

"Electrified" is a car that uses electricity as a power source for motion. It includes electric cars, but does not mean exclusively electric.

There is a big difference between an ICE and an electric motor.

Petrolheads are petrolheads because of firstly the sound. Then the feeling of the vibrations that only an ICE can provide, through the seat, steering wheel, pedals and gearstick. Lastly followed by the smell of the engine and burnt fuel.

We will soon have none of this, which for me makes me feel really sad. Something I've been interested in since I was a little boy will be gone forever. It's beginning of the end.

When it's full electric I will no longer be interested in cars or motorsport, as far as I'm concerned they or the passion will no longer exist.

Back