January Nupdate 2023

• Thread starter cyder2
  • 67 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Against my better judgement, I'm going to be hopeful and assume they're preparing a huge update for Feb to coincide with PSVR2. New vehicles, a new track, improved FFB and PSVR2.... lol
Positive expectations are never met by the PD.

Think of the worst and you will always get it right and not be frustrated.

Therefore, if February comes with the VR2 and three cars (one or two family car), it will already be a triumphant victory.

Last edited:
Hmm… almost as if they might have taken a week off at the new year and be a week behind at the end of January like every other Japanese based company.

GT7 officially abandoned in Jan 2023 since they didn’t follow the official roadmap they never provided!!! The sky is falling!!!

But can’t have rational logic, nor can we have anything else other than slave labor making our 1st world entertainment without a day’s rest without. The audacity of PD to not have an army making updates 24x7 irrespective of financial ability merits the return of the rack and Iron Maiden to get updates back on track.

As a sarcastic cynic I honestly love all these absurd takes in this thread, great stuff!!

Guys the monthly updates were only for the first year - theyre managing our expectations and theyve decided that to put out a minimum of 3 cars in an update they need to move to a bi-monthly schedule. So we can expect 18 cars this year, and then nothing the following year as we'll all have lost interest by then.
If everyone took this view there would be a lot less disappointment!

Kaz did say they weren't monthly updates, it was just coincidental and we may get two a month, or none, depending on when content is ready.

Next month will be VR and everything else is wishful thinking, like Loeb's Peugeot and Pikes Peak or even better Rod Millen's 4wd RX7;)

Good to know that a new Forza Motorsport is coming...Good Bye GT7 then !
Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Hmm… almost as if they might have taken a week off at the new year and be a week behind at the end of January like every other Japanese based company.
I bet that caught them by surprise. No way to plan ahead around that sort of freak occurrence.

Might as well write off May as well because Golden Week, that's bound to catch them with their pants down. ****, we're down to only 10 possible updates for the year already.

I remember PD skipping the January update with GT Sport so it's no surprise at all to me following their December one.
In 2020, yes. (They also skipped February in 2019 - made up with March having two updates because of the SF19 - and June in 2018).

I bet that caught them by surprise. No way to plan ahead around that sort of freak occurrence.

Might as well write off May as well because Golden Week, that's bound to catch them with their pants down. ****, we're down to only 10 possible updates for the year already.
True, but why stop there with the unsubstantiated hyperbole? Let’s go full blown worst case scenario instead of halfassng it!:

….GT7 confirmed 3 updates in all of 2023 with only 1.5 cars added and a parking lot instead of tracks and 50 more scapes locations since no update yet in January!!!

True, but why stop there with the unsubstantiated hyperbole? Let’s go full blown worst case scenario instead of halfassng it!:

….GT7 confirmed 3 updates in all of 2023 with only 1.5 cars added and a parking lot instead of tracks and 50 more scapes locations since no update yet in January!!!
I would be completely satisfied with that update schedule, no joke.

I work for a software company and we don't "plan" for weeks off. We just have the week off. You cannot work 52 weeks a year, it's unsustainable and can be bad for team morale when some have to work over Christmas and New Year.
I don't think anything less of Polyphone for taking a week off and rolling any progress into a February update which could well be packed with equal content as two separate Jan/Feb updates. It's pure speculation at this point!

You're the one saying professional developers can't plan around a week off, you tell me.
In the grand scheme of things, a monthly update is insignificant when GT7 is one of the lead PS VR2 titles, launching on all new hardware in a matter of weeks. A huge technical undertaking that could quite literally transform the genre if it's implemented as well as we hope.

Before Christmas we where deciphering Kaz's Japanese interviews to garner the slightest bit of new info. Turns out, as expected, he was stringing journalists along, knowing a PS VR2 port was ready for the systems launch. Very likely in development since before GT7 itself launched. You can probably apply that to a PC port too.

The problem is people think PD are working month-to-month, when so many of these things are planned out months, if not years, in advance. There's no benefit for developers to spill the beans early, it just leads to disappointment if there are delays.

PD has given us a lot of free content over the years where other companies would release it as paid DLC so i won't complain if we don't have an update this month.

For me there are plenty of cars and plenty of tracks already available.

I would be happy with a sophy AI update and a bunch of new events to try it out in while PD work on GT8 with a better online and offline experience for current gen only with no new tracks or cars being released for GT7.

What did you expect then...It will be for sure better than GT7
For me i surely doubt it. The market it as built from the ground up witch was not the case in all aspects. they are still using recycled cars from 360 era and even from Xbox 1 era with the original forza motorsport. I Will proably still buy it but i am not hyped for it. no vr while gt7 Will go all in. And that stupid forza wing is still the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back