Jewish GTP members represent!

• Thread starter High-Test
  • 64 comments
I'd buy yous premiums, but it's too expensive. Have you seen the price of rugelach?

Man, I haven't had Rugelach since I was in Israel. I'm not sure if I can find it here in KC.

Ever had candied Etrog?

We have a guy who makes jelly out of the etrog. Or liquor, not candied usually.

For the record, I'm not always jewish. Only at the deli. (jewish discount)

For the record, I'm not always jewish. Only at the deli. (jewish discount)

I'm sure if you had some of the challah at my local bakery you'd be one more often :dopey:.

I'm sure if you had some of the challah at my local bakery you'd be one more often :dopey:.

Oh, challah. How I love you. The gentleman who bakes ALL of the challah used by all of the synagogues in Kansas City is 90 years old and the nicest guy on the planet.

I'm jonesing for a good pastrami on rye.

Congratulations to all the jewish members on GTP for the holiday :)

Thank you. :)

Rosh Hashanah starts September 4.

Yom Kippur Starts September 13

And I left my kippah in my sportcoat, which I left at a friend's house. I feel naked without it at services. Looks like I'll have to go without tonight. :grumpy:

Thank you. :)

Rosh Hashanah starts September 4.

Yom Kippur Starts September 13

And I left my kippah in my sportcoat, which I left at a friend's house. I feel naked without it at services. Looks like I'll have to go without tonight. :grumpy:

And you don't have a spare?! I think I have about 100 of them sitting in my house, so if I ever wanted to give a random gift saying I don't really care about you, I could give those.

"You just had a baby? Here take a kippah."
"You just graduated high school/college? Congratulations! Here's a kippah for the real world."
"Your dog ran away? Here's a kippah to keep you company."
"You're an atheist? Here, wear this circular hat thingy that has nothing to do with any religion."

Blitz24
And you don't have a spare?! I think I have about 100 of them sitting in my house, so if I ever wanted to give a random gift saying I don't really care about you, I could give those.

"You just had a baby? Here take a kippah."
"You just graduated high school/college? Congratulations! Here's a kippah for the real world."
"Your dog ran away? Here's a kippah to keep you company."
"You're an atheist? Here, wear this circular hat thingy that has nothing to do with any religion."

:lol::lol::lol:

I do have two spares, but I don't have any clips to keep it on my crazy wild hair.

One's got the Mercedes-Benz logo on it. Oh the irony. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

I do have two spares, but I don't have any clips to keep it on my crazy wild hair.

One's got the Mercedes-Benz logo on it. Oh the irony. :lol:

Hair clips? Just go to the random accessory/grocery store and look in the scrunchie aisle.

My girlfriend is Jewish and I just take part in all the holidays because it gives me an excuse to eat double the amount of holiday-esque meal throughout the year. Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to attend Rosh Hashanah or Yom Kippur this year due to being out of town and a work related function, but my girlfriend is going to bring me food so I'm all good.

My girlfriend is Jewish and I just take part in all the holidays because it gives me an excuse to eat double the amount of holiday-esque meal throughout the year. Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to attend Rosh Hashanah or Yom Kippur this year due to being out of town and a work related function, but my girlfriend is going to bring me food so I'm all good.

There's nothing as satisfying as the Yom Kippur Break-fast.

Did you read that book I sent you?

Did you read that book I sent you?

I did! I still have it on my bookshelf too and still refer to it. Both of my parents read it too so they could get a better understanding of Judaism as well.

How do those kippah things stay on your head? Velcro?

Sure you can. A sufficient amount of bacon grease always does the trick.

Sure, just throw it on the velcro as a prank!

What foodstuffs are Kosher?

If the food isn't mixed, then it is the following:

Mammals: any animal that chews its cud AND has split hooves.

Birds: cannot be a bird of prey.

Fish: must have both fins AND scales and cannot be a carnivore.

In addition, if a dairy product is mixed with a meat product, despite the meat product being kosher, the food is not kosher. This means cheeseburgers can never be kosher if both real meat and real cheese are used.

Sure, just throw it on the velcro as a prank!

If the food isn't mixed, then it is the following:

Mammals: any animal that chews its cud AND has split hooves.

Birds: cannot be a bird of prey.

Fish: must have both fins AND scales and cannot be a carnivore.

In addition, if a dairy product is mixed with a meat product, despite the meat product being kosher, the food is not kosher. This means cheeseburgers can never be kosher if both real meat and real cheese are used.

This is why I can't be a Jew...

Back