300,000 Members

• Thread starter LeGeNd-1
  • 43 comments

LeGeNd-1

Premium
Australia
Australia
GTP_LeGeNd-1
Just looked at the forum statistics and we are pretty close. So who is it gonna be? :D Any special prizes from Jordan (IIRC previous milestone members had premium membership as gift)? :D

We all should create a few accounts to increase the statistics dramatically.

TB
CONGRATULATIONS!

YOU'RE THE 300,000TH MEMBER TO GTPLANET AND HAVE RECEIVED A FREE UPGRADE TO A PREMIUM ACCOUNT!

click here to provide banking information. this is totally not a scam.
All you need is some crude pinwheel colour effect spinning at 5fps and I think you have it nailed! :lol:

All you need is some crude pinwheel colour effect spinning at 5fps and I think you have it nailed! :lol:

No you need one of those redirect pages to be unsubscribed making it not the 300,000 member. :lol:

It would be interesting for sure to see a chart of how GTP thread/post/members count evolve over time, and how major GT releases affect it. I also recall from previous similar threads that the member count is actually more complicated because while banned members are still counted numerically by the forum software, bots/spam which are insta-banned are not (I might've gotten it the other way round too, so don't hold me on this).

TB
CONGRATULATIONS!

YOU'RE THE 300,000TH MEMBER TO GTPLANET AND HAVE RECEIVED A FREE UPGRADE TO A PREMIUM ACCOUNT!

I was expecting a rickroll. I am disappoint :P

TB
CONGRATULATIONS!

I think something like that messed up the previous two times :lol:

@Jordan - Did you ever think this site of yours would end up with more members than the population of French Guiana?

Or, you know...

tenor.gif

I don't like to make too big of a deal about registered user numbers — there are just too many factors involved for something like that to be a real indicator of an online community's success — but 300,000 is a very cool milestone. To have that many people take time to create an account on the site is an amazing compliment to the quality of our community here, and I must thank each and every one of you that has done so. I still remember how excited I was when we got our first 1,000 members; I never imagined we would one day get that many registrations in just a few days!

:gtpflag:

Around 20% of registered users are active, with roughly 60,000 people signing into their GTPlanet account each month (of course, that goes way up around big game releases). I don't know how that compares with other forums, but that ratio has held steady for the last decade or so and is in line with the large social networks (FB, Twitter, etc.) which have 20-30% active user bases.

Last edited:
I don't like to make too big of a deal about registered user numbers — there are just too many factors involved for something like that to be a real indicator of an online community's success — but 300,000 is a very cool milestone. To have that many people take time to create an account on the site is an amazing complement to the quality of our community here, and I must thank each and everyone one of you that has done so. I still remember how excited I was when we got our first 1,000 members; I never imagined we would one day get that many registrations in just a few days!

:gtpflag:

Around 20% of registered users are active, with roughly 60,000 people signing into their GTPlanet account each month (of course, that goes way up around big game releases). I don't know how that compares with other forums, but that ratio has held steady for the last decade or so and is in line with the large social networks (FB, Twitter, etc.) which have 20-30% active user bases.
Thanks for your thoughts and ideal to create such a wonderful site and having the best AUP ever.

Y'know...a little while back I was curious about site traffic and thought about asking a question, but thought "oh there's no way that's monitored". Now I suspect it may be but for the life of me I can't recall what I wanted to ask.

I don't hate getting old, but it can be a hassle at times.

Back