JGTC Exhibition Week 1: High Speed Ring*Results*

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo PSP' started by Justin, Nov 8, 2009.

1. SiNiST3R

SiNiST3R (Banned)

Are there going to be changes to the race length to insure the full race can be captured?

Maybe some test could be run to find out the exact recording length of replays.

WiiFreak, can I get that replay file please.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
  2. Silver-Sylph

Silver-Sylph

I think everyone is more mature than that to cheat and i think its downright stupid to make the race the length of the replay. Is it THAT important?

3. Addict3d

Addict3d

Well after some laps i got 1'14.844 @ Autumn Ring, with room to improve i think. I'll be changing to the Takata Dome NSX '03,a little better for me than the Mobil1 imo :)

Oh and SiNiST3R, do you have a tutorial around there on how to capture video/screens directly from the PSP? i never tried using such plugins, after almost bricking my PSP when trying to put remotejoy to work Oo (and if it works with the latest CFW :p)

4. kaori

kaori

I agree.
    I think too a replay of beginning of race is sufficient to check level of players.

5. SiNiST3R

SiNiST3R (Banned)

I would like to believe this, but it's been proven to be the opposite more often than not.

Every time I play COD online there seams to be some new cheat being exploited. (Flying when Jumping and sniping people from Farr above the Playing field for example) Not to mention almost every racing game gets flooded with cheating racers!!!

On top of this when a replay is requested, there is BS issues with posting it up, I'm not saying anybody cheated, but....... Post the Damn Replay file already, and stop beating around the bush.

It takes too much time and effort to run these races and to have it spoiled by some cheaters, it takes all the fun out.

As it is there is NO way to confirm that Standard Physics are not being used or that Active steering is turned off. Hell we can't even confirm any of the assist are off or on. It has too many windows for fudging results. Some people might not want to admit to using these assist, but want the credit for the times they got with them.

And The ACTUAL replay file is the only way to see if a SPEED CHEAT wasn't used (I can tell from the First lap). I'm not sure if you realize but the CWCheat devise many people on here have and use for very useful things can also be used to increase the Horsepower of the cars, effectively making them drive a hell of allot faster.

6. Addict3d

Addict3d

I don't think it's about the level of players, the fact here is, after 13 laps you are free to do shortcuts through corners and take away some seconds off your final race time, it's 7 laps where you can do whatever you want because no one but yourself will know if you cheated, so i agree with SiNiST3R on this, we should figure out something that enables us to check if everybody races clean :tup:

7. gz

gz

:scared:am i late also? ...

i took some time to make the sceenshot plugin work, and it seems i got confused with the replays and the pm am time zone thing :dunce:

i have both races on replay files from thursday, but i didn't write down the race times and I can't them in the replay theater ( :dunce:, again )
    on the other hand, here in italy i still have 2.5 hours before midnight but i have not understood if i'm too late to race again and sumbit times ...
    am i correct saying that the deadline is when it's sunday 23.59 in new york ?

man .. these exibition races are helpful to undestand the details !!

8. Silver-Sylph

Silver-Sylph

Yes that is correct. Deadline times are Est.

9. Detroitbb

Detroitbb

Actually GZ, the final race submission time was Saturday at 23:59 (11:59 PM) Eastern Standard Time. Today is actually the first day of qualifying for the week two exhibition at Autumn Ring.

10. WiiFreak

WiiFreak

11. Detroitbb

Detroitbb

First of all, as far as questions of cheating are concerned, let just let cooler heads prevail - this is after all only the exhibition season.

Now with that being said: some people, if given the opportunity, will use less than honest methods to elevate their standing. We more commonly refer to this as 'cheating'. I'm certainly not accusing anyone of doing this (I don't believe that anyone has), but if we have loopholes that are ripe for exploitation, then we'd have to logically expect someone might take advantage of that situation in the future. And if even one competitor does this at some point, then it pretty much ruins everything.

I'm not worried about us not being able to see what driving aids might have been used - frankly, all they do is slow you down. If anyone wants to be truly fast, they can't do it with ASM/Active Steering/TCS turned on. Seeing the tire choice doesn't matter either. As far as the physics issued is concerned, that is important... but how do we know if 'professional' was used? My best guess (feel free to add your own creative methods) would be to have everyone post their replay file of the race. We'll be able to see at what speed they can take a turn without breaking grip. Someone with 'standard' physics would be able to take turns faster then everybody else. Yes, certain tuning setups will allow racers to eek out a bit more performance, but the differences would be minor - especially with the JGTC cars.

Now, as far as replays are concerned, we'll need to figure out exactly when the replay ends - is it a time limit or a lap limit? Also, does this 'limit' show up in the saved replay (not the post game replay) when viewed in the Replay Theater? That would be good for someone to check out for us. If the saved replays are also limited in some way, as I suspect they may be, then maybe shortening the races should be considered. It also might be worth it to think over the possibility of having us all upload our race replay file to add another layer of 'honesty'.

These are all just thoughts bouncing around in my head - what is everyone else's view (those that haven't already chimed in on this subject)?

Ultimately it is Justin's choice and decision to make.

12. Silver-Sylph

Silver-Sylph

If you want to be that anal about it you could ask for everyones replay for both qualifying and race and upen the PARAM.sfo file in word and look at the info as it gives the physics used.

13. Detroitbb

Detroitbb

Good point... I know that info shows up in the time trial's ghost replay, but I wasn't aware that it was viewable in the race replay - it's nice to know that.

14. Lion-Face

Lion-Face Premium

I believe the Replay files show the use of driver aids, in the race, you can press square to bring up the HUD, to the left of the speedometer it should show ASM if it is turned on.

And your right in saying that Standard physics, there's quite a difference in speed/braking/cornering ability between the two physics, so a replay file should show the the type of physics easily if in question. I think a post of a replay will show what we need to know. If still in question, a request of the settings so other players could test the same car in the same conditions?

The replay is limited by time, but is also limited by the track. Smaller, more simple tracks often can produce a longer replay, while more complex tracks can be shorter. For example, saving a ghost on Nurburgring, the ghost only gets around to the final long straight before it disappears, that's only one lap and 8minutes long. So I don't think its really feasible to adjust each race to a certain number of laps based on the length of the replay.

15. SiNiST3R

SiNiST3R (Banned)

That's a great way to get the Physics, However it leaves out Active Steering.

While ASM & TCS do slow you down, Active Steering does not. It makes it incredibly easier to make consistent passes, usually giving you the ability to knock tenths off your time.

With Race cars the diff is not as much as with Street driven cars, as with street cars you can knock LARGE chunks off your time. With race cars it makes you faster but its much harder to pick up on.

BTW what are the rules about getting all 4 wheels off the track? The usual rules require a min of 2 wheels on the track at all times minus air time.

16. Detroitbb

Detroitbb

I believe that four tires off the tarmac/rumble strips wouldn't be allowed... Justin did mention something in the rules about keeping two wheels on the course.

17. Northstar

Northstar Premium

Due to lack of time on my part to update this I'm extending the race deadline until 11:59PM est time tonight.

I will try and get all questions answered tomorrow as well as get the new thread up.

18. Silver-Sylph

Silver-Sylph

CRAP if only i didn't delete my screens of my race time. It was a 23:47'870 though.

19. SiNiST3R

SiNiST3R (Banned)

I would hope so, but submitted times have guys driving with all 4 wheels off the track on more then 1 occasion.

My eyebrows went up like, huh, I don't have to slow down for corners? I can take them flat out and just ride the grass back onto the track after exit? This can't be right.

20. Detroitbb

Detroitbb

I did the same thing, but since I posted the photos here a few pages back, I was able to snag those and send them to Justin via PM (which I forgot to do yesterday).

21. Detroitbb

Detroitbb

I think we can all agree that shortcuts shouldn't be allowed (same with 'wall-riding').

22. SiNiST3R

SiNiST3R (Banned)

I 100% Agree.

23. gz

gz

oops ... that's worse than I feared ... the deadline was yesterday night !:ouch:
    thanks for your answers ! :tup:

wow I re-raced GT500 with 22.11.125 -- just in time !!! thx for the good news Justin !

24. SiNiST3R

SiNiST3R (Banned)

Justin has extended the race day to finish tonight at 11:59 Eastern Time. So any times submited will still count as long as they are posted before 11:59 tonight. :)

25. gz

gz

I saw :dopey: that's what i call "lucky" ! ..
    here is the screenshot ... meanwhile I'll start heating the Garaya :sly:

Attached Files:

26. psp88

psp88

To make it easier for Justin to check legit times, these are the settings I would suggest.

-Quick tune = can be used
    -Transmission = any
    -TCS = can be used
    -ASM = can be used
    -Active Steering = can be used
    -Driving Physics = Pro
    -Tires = any

The tires used & driving physics can be easily seen in the replay info.
    After checking the tires & physics, going off track with all four wheels is the only thing Justin will need to check.

27. gz

gz

... and here is the GT300 race result : 24.22.884 :)
    just in time :scared:

... concerning drive aids, may I suggest to disallow them all as in real JGTC

if there is a real need for cheat verification or trajectories inspection
    then a couple of replays could be asked for at each race ( 1 for the winner, 1 chosen at random ) :idea:
    as trajectories, TCS, ASM, or Active Steering can be easily spotted on the replay, that would help cooling any grass cutters or cw-cheat virtuosos exicitement :) ...

Attached Files:

28. gz

gz

... as for first tests on Autumn ring, I'm getting a raw 1.19.603,
    with a completely unset NSX :)

29. Silver-Sylph

Silver-Sylph

Lol i've got your NSX beat by my 1'16.978 Celica

EDIT: After pushing a little bit i got it down to a 1'16.357. Turn one and Turn 8 and the circle turn i can get like no grip whatsoever. I'm taking it at like 30mph. I've tryed messing with the camber but it really does nothing.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  30. SiNiST3R

SiNiST3R (Banned)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Is this okay?