JGTC Exhibition Week 1: High Speed Ring*Results*

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 359 comments
1st J-PaP: 23'40.117

2nd SiNiST3R: 23'40.245

3rd WiiFreak: 23'40.916

Here are the standings so far (unofficial) Its crazy how close we are after 20 laps.

Umm, I having an issue with the Photo Verification. When you complete the race it doesn't display What tires, What Physics or anything at all other then the time.

snap0049-2.jpg

Maybe for the races since it doesn't display any of that, we should submit replay files

That is the first post race screen, the one after you get your credits shows all the info. A good example can be found in this post.

I will get everything updated later on when I have more time.

There I go:

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/3181/imagen6i.jpg

22'05.857

Could have been worse, I think... I made a couple of mistakes... should have been around 04 flat, maybe even a high 03. And my highlight is that I improved my PB, up to 1.05.3

Justin, I'm afraid it doesn't show whether we've used professional or standard, or even the tyres...

I improved my overall time by like 3 seconds which does no good at all. Although i did knock a couple off my PB to a 1'10.618.

Welcome, tiger and jaioxung!

It's good to get even more racers!

Thanks, I'm looking forward to getting schooled by you guys ;)

I probably won't get around to turning in a time for the HSR race, but I did some qualifying laps just for the hell of it. Ran an 1'11.478...

Alright so I put a little something together.

Here is a Vid of My Fastest lap during my GT300 Race, with my fastest overall Race Time.

Double Click on the Video to Enlarge

Last edited:
Don't get discourage, if you have questions. Feel free to ask anyone of us, we are more then friendly. League's aren't just for bragging rights, it's to help new and old members to become better drivers.

Wow .. I feel bad for running a 25minute run.

I need to run an entirely flawless race or something.

Don't feel bad. Times also reflect what cars we are using. Certain cars don't have the top-end speed that others do; likewise some cars handle really well where others don't. This track isn't indicative of the regular season courses - High Speed Ring has banked and wide turns that you can take at very high speeds. The other courses have much sharper turns (and more of them) and the races tend to be run at slower speeds with less opportunities to hit your 5th gear (at least for more than a couple of seconds).

I just did another race run and my right thumb is really sore now :crazy: I'm not going to say the overall time I set, but I did manage to beat my personal best single lap time by exactly a tenth of a second lowering it to 1:10.125 👍

I'm still surprised how the GT300's can keep up with the older brothers losing only 5 seconds per lap, specially on such a fast circuit.
Anyway, it's nice to know that nii =) but apart from settings, it's hard to provide major help in a game such as GT
Gonna make a run with the Raybrig just for submitting, and start hitting it with the xanavi (only got it today).

I just did another race run and my right thumb is really sore now :crazy: I'm not going to say the overall time I set, but I did manage to beat my personal best single lap time by exactly a tenth of a second lowering it to 1:10.125 👍

Did you beat your previous overall time, & ours? :nervous:

I like my current time and my thumbs are sore too, Do I really have to try to beat my previous time :ill: This is allot of work to keep up.

I had just caught up to you last personal best lap time :grumpy:

That tenth that J-Pap has on me seems tough to overcome on top of it.

Last edited:
I totally missed out on the first exhibition race due to HAving my wisdom Tooth extracted.I tried to play my psp but every time I would start a race my head started getting dizzy and my eyes would get heavy.I think its cos all the pain meds i have to take..It seems like everyone is pushing hard with the cars.I'll see you guy @ the next track..

Anybody check out my Hot Lap Video?

WiiFreak, keeping silent I see... Are you :nervous: ? :scared: ?

:lol: Just Joshing yah. :sly:
I was waiting to see if anyone else would post a better time first. Anyways I'll just go ahead and post mine, but I can't post the picture right now. I set a time of 23:36.553.

I watched your hot lap video. Really good time 👍 I take the last corner much differently though as I just coast into the corner without braking at all, and once I drop to about 110mph I accelerate out. In the end it doesn't make a difference as both methods get you out of the corner at the same speed, I just feel I can take the corner fast more consistently my way.

WHAT?

Holly Crap, that's ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!

:boggled:

Hard to believe even...
I'll post the picture tomorrow and I have the replay saved, although I believe the replay automatically stops at about 13 laps so thats useless.

And yeah I couldn't really believe it either :boggled: I keep checking the picture on my camera to make sure I'm not misreading the time or anything. I'm not really sure where I made up the extra 4 seconds from. I must have just been slightly faster each lap overall and it added up by the end. I didn't hit the wall at any point either, although I think I went off a bit once on turn two but I only lost about a tenth from that.

I was waiting to see if anyone else would post a better time first. Anyways I'll just go ahead and post mine, but I can't post the picture right now. I set a time of 23:36.553.

I watched your hot lap video. Really good time 👍 I take the last corner much differently though as I just coast into the corner without braking at all, and once I drop to about 110mph I accelerate out. In the end it doesn't make a difference as both methods get you out of the corner at the same speed, I just feel I can take the corner fast more consistently my way.

Could I check out that replay, you must of been running consistent 1'10,1XX laps.

A vid of your fastest lap also would be sweet. :)

Sorry if I find it hard to swallow, its pretty damn fast.

& I'm a little pissed.

Very hard to believe the more I analyze it

Don't let my doubt make you think I'm an ass, a 4 second lead is kinda hard to swallow.

Last edited:
It is only an average of 2 tenths a lap faster over 20 laps.

Actually once you finish the first lap if you can average about a 1.10.4xx you will get the exact same time.

Really? That's pretty crappy of PD is they either didn't catch that in QA testing or if they just were too cheap/lazy to do it correctly.

This is fairly standard. All GT games can only record so many laps before the device runs out of memory. The psp runs about 13mins, GT5P gets about 20mins before it can't continue recording. On the other GT games, it often says on screen 'replay finished recording' but doesn't say in the psp version

It is only an average of 2 tenths a lap faster over 20 laps.

Actually once you finish the first lap if you can average about a 1.10.4xx you will get the exact same time.

I ran the race averaging 1:10.400 with a few 1:10.2XX. I think I may have hit 1:10:6XX once, that should be canceled out by the 1:10.200 yet there is still a 4 second gap.

If you do the math after the first lap, you need to run 1:10:200 with .150 room to play with on a consistent basis to hit that mark, Being Gracious with my math.

4 seconds gap I feel is long regardless.

However Forget about validation, I still want to see somebody that fast in action.

Is there a problem with the request of a replay?

Don't get me wrong, I have not accused anybody of anything!

This is fairly standard. All GT games can only record so many laps before the device runs out of memory. The psp runs about 13mins, GT5P gets about 20mins before it can't continue recording. On the other GT games, it often says on screen 'replay finished recording' but doesn't say in the psp version

I hate finding things like that out the hard way. It seams like it went for close to 15 min before cutting out, but 13 min may be more accurate.

Last edited:
please enter PlayerOne for GT300 ;)

Name: PlayerOne
Class: 300
# of choice: '03', '52', '69'
Car: Toyota Wedssport Celica
Team: Team HotDogs

KTHXBAI

Last edited:
Name: C-ZETA
Class: GT300
# of choice(list top 3): 48, 93, 92
Car: Subaru Cusco Advan Impreza
Team: Corsa del Italia-Giappone

Name: C-ZETA
Class: GT500
# of choice(list top 3): 45, 38, 51
Car: Honda Mobil 1 NSX '01
Team: Corsa del Italia-Giappone

I'll post the picture tomorrow and I have the replay saved, although I believe the replay automatically stops at about 13 laps so thats useless.

And yeah I couldn't really believe it either :boggled: I keep checking the picture on my camera to make sure I'm not misreading the time or anything. I'm not really sure where I made up the extra 4 seconds from. I must have just been slightly faster each lap overall and it added up by the end. I didn't hit the wall at any point either, although I think I went off a bit once on turn two but I only lost about a tenth from that.

It will show allot in the 13min, trust me.

I raced a 100% clean race, & I'm still loosing around 1 second every 4 laps, That's Crazy Fast Dude.

Its a hard spanking to get over.

Back