JGTC Exhibition Week 2:Autumn Ring

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 162 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wont be able to post it today.. hopefully qualy signups are still up tomorrow
I forgot to save my best gt500 time's ghost T.T

After some more laps I have her down ti 1:16.455

with room for improvement. What I'm glad about is my consistency level is rising.

I think I might be changing cars, Ive got another car around the same time, but allot more consistent.

Last edited:
Provisional Pole GT300!! :) :) :)

quite a few drivers within half a second of my time though..

the Celica is quite hard work on the Autumn Ring, unlike the GT-R.

anyone willing to share their GT300 replays?
Would sure learn a lot from them.
currently still at 1:17.1xx

:)

Attachments

• $RT8HNYZ.jpg
    $RT8HNYZ.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 11
anyone willing to share their GT300 replays?
Would sure learn a lot from them.
currently still at 1:17.1xx

is very much down to setup.. and practice..
if you aren't already, try running lowest suspension height setting + maximum downforce + 10% extra compared to default camber + 10% stiffer springs and dampers + and 5-10 degrees toe out both front and rear.

and try to avoid using ghost.

i don't think my provisional pole will last out today as it is..

i don't think my provisional pole will last out today as it is..

I don't think the setup is as important at autumn ring. Its all about your racing line, max out the downforce and go for it.

I think your time for GT300 is pretty hot. I've given a few laps in the RE Amemiya RX7 '04 (I don't race GT300, but have been thinking of it) and have hit 1:15.901 clean, on a faster lap, but just slid outside the white line that voids the lap, I have hit a 1:15.848. There may be a few tenths to be found, but certainly a lot of work involved in hitting a faster time.

Its all about your racing line, max out the downforce and go for it.
yeah, technique counts for a lot too, autumn ring is a quick track, but i couldn't get within two seconds of my best time without playing around with different setups.

John, we cannnot see the course on your pic ;D

Here´s my time for GT300

Attachments

• Training Week2 Qualify.jpg
    Training Week2 Qualify.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 14
There are countless people using the same picture which doesn't show the track. Trying to be 56k friendly and minimise the pictures.

If Justin or anyone really needs further proof can post pictures showing track/replay data.

There are countless people using the same picture which doesn't show the track. Trying to be 56k friendly and minimise the pictures.

If Justin or anyone really needs further proof can post pictures showing track/replay data.

It's fine, although you are supposed to use paper, you have clearly used a CD.:P:sly:

I left this forum yesterday thinking I would be satisfied with something in the low 1'17s for GT300. Now I come back and a lot of people are hitting high 1'15s...you guys are on a completely different level.

I am curious to see if the consistency will be there in the race, this is a tricky course, any lapse in concentration and you lose half a second easy.

i enjoy driving the autumn ring, not so monotonous as high speed ring, and 15 laps rather than 20 so less pressure on concentration/patience.. heres hoping 10 laps maximum for the season's races. ;)

i agree
HSR was so boring!

This AR needs concentration
but 20 laps will be very tough indeed

PS:
NEW Time: 1:15,432 ;D

Attachments

• Training Week2 Qualify.jpg
    Training Week2 Qualify.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
i was going to do some more practice today, but i can't get my hands off of modern warfare 2. . what a game..

On topic: trying last night to beat my present best time i got no luck. . only got to 1'13.8xx . . guess it's time to start doing some races :)

despite temporarily having the provisional pole for GT300 this round, which has now been surpassed, i may cancel my entry to GT300 as requires hard work driving fast at slower speeds. HSR was easier when i test ran the Celica there, and i thought i'd have a better chance of higher places in GT300 as a result, but this race has taught me different.

Xanavi Nismo GT-R is very good drive and deserves my complete attention :).

Attachments

• $RN6BW19.jpg
    $RN6BW19.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 10
Alright, so, I'm dropping my time down again.

1:16.3XX (Photo will be up in a bit)
I did a run in the other eligible cars to see if another may better suit me, but I came back to the Celica.

will the number of laps per race be proportional to the length of the circuit in the season proper?

Attachments

• $RKZ9AZ9.jpg
    $RKZ9AZ9.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 16
Well, here's my time, 1:17:043
Picture0005.jpg

For GT500, it's terrible. I know I could have gained at least another 3 or 4 tenths, which I kept gaining in the first sector, then losing again, as I was overly cautious for the rest of the track.
Had I fiddled with Quick Tune some more, I could probably have improved it by another second or two, but I just don't have the time tonight

GT300 - 1:17.089

gt300.jpg

Code:
GT300 ghost replay: UCUS98632RPLY-B1CA1489B01.zip

GT500 - 1:14.946

gt500.jpg

Code:
GT500 ghost replay: UCUS98632RPLY-B1CA1489B00.zip

By stupidity, i did not save my best GT500 time's ghost... and I did not race for another 2 days, due to college stuff. This is the best I got from then on...
GT300 is the original one.

2ajcew2.jpg

10z8zl2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back