JGTC Exhibition Week 2:Autumn Ring

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 162 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my Final for qualifying

screenshot000.jpg

Im ready for this race.

Id also can`t wait to get these cars onto Tracks used in the JGTC series. :)

Just a reminder that the deadline for submitting your qualifying time is 11:59est tonight. Last week there quite a few that submitted them late.

I will get the results up tomorrow.

first race time..
19'05.335 (GT500)
- average 1'16.2xx (?), not 'in the zone' today, apparently.

Attachments

• 21112009115.jpg
    21112009115.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Whew...thought for a min there that it was TONIGHT at midnight...and I don't have my race time done yet, plus have to get to bed (gotta be at work at midnight EST tonight).

EDIT: 7th in qualifying isn't too bad at all...

The AI on this track is insane. It just cuts corner after corner, i got pushed off the track at least 3 times by a xanavi nismo gt-r on the first corner. My best so far (GT500) was an awfull 19.48'xxx

The AI on this track is insane. It just cuts corner after corner, i got pushed off the track at least 3 times by a xanavi nismo gt-r on the first corner. My best so far (GT500) was an awfull 19.48'xxx

Yeah, I was bitching about the same thing a while back too. The worst part is that I find myself following the AI lines without even thinking about it, then having to kill the run because I've got 4 wheels off in some of the chicanes.

EDIT: Ok, this SUCKS, but that track is just too tough to string together 15 clean laps on to go back & do it again.

GT500: 19:16.263

Picture0041.jpg
Picture0047.jpg

Last edited:
I'm glad to see its still on. & I'm not the only one frustrated with the AI.

I wouldn't stress about cutting corners or riding the grass, its not against the rules, & Justin doesn't seem to care if you do it. Although I wouldn't submit a time with any of that, other people will. This is kinda killing the series for me.

This isn't a JGTC track, and when the cars get one one, they will show their true potential.

I drove an average 19:13,546 but i won´t try again...
i got no time this week working an 9 days in a row

so this is only training and lowskill fakin!
;D

Attachments

• Training Week2 Race.jpg
    Training Week2 Race.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 13
I wouldn't stress about cutting corners or riding the grass, its not against the rules, & Justin doesn't seem to care if you do it. Although I wouldn't submit a time with any of that, other people will. This is kinda killing the series for me.

Where did you get the idea that I don't care?

As long as two wheels are on the track it's good.(I didn't think it was that complicated)

Last edited:
Where did you get the idea that I don't care?

As long as two wheels are on the track it's good.(I didn't think it was that complicated)

Simple

Because this is pulled from the replay of the race of the 1st place finish at the High Speed Ring.

I posted it, but I got no response when I asked if this was considered okay. Other people asked for clarification as to weather or not this would be a accepted, and there was no reply.

I'm hoping that you could clarify now that you say 2 wheels on the track is required...

If people are posting times when they go off the track multiple times throughout the race and the time is still accepted, that's not cool. The fact people have posted times after running off the track, means there should be a way to validate the times posted. Plenty of suggestions were made, but there was no response from the person who has the final word.

During a race small things happen. I'm not expecting everyone to run clean for the whole race.

Anyways, currently I'm questioning if it's even worth my time since so far only 4 people have submitted anything for the race.

During a race small things happen. I'm not expecting everyone to run clean for the whole race.

Anyways, currently I'm questioning if it's even worth my time since so far only 4 people have submitted anything for the race.

:indiff:

From

"As long as two wheels are on the track it's good.(I didn't think it was that complicated) "

To allowing, multiple track run offs during a race?

So my statement is true.

I understand that During a race small things happen. However where is the limit??????

People are submitting times, they are just more interested in the regular season.

Ive got My race completed, here is the fastest lap of my race

Ill have the time and replay posted before the deadline.

Last edited:
Something about your replays makes it look slow motion.

It must be that I go so fast, Time slows down. :sly:

Probably high compression from youTube, The Recorded File (For this 1 lap) was over 1gig.

The replay doesn't seem slow mo to me, It could be your computer :ill: . Just look at the in game timer, it runs correctly. Hypothetically the lap would be LONGER if in slow mo with a Timer running at the correct pace. ;)

However Ill post the replay file when I submit my time, and you can watch it on your PSP if you like ;)

Last edited:
I was going to submit race times for the GT300 and GT500 classes, but my enthusiasm for this series as waned a bit. It's hard to put in an honest effort when I have no expectation that all other competitors are playing fairly. There isn't a comprehensive system in place to verify that times were genuinely achieved without shortcuts/wall-riding/off-roading/etc. - and the rules are vague and lacking clarity. I tried to be proactive before the exhibition season started and suggest privately what I eventually stated publicly as to the steps, in my view, that needed to be taken to close up the glaring loopholes. After the week one 'off road' debacle, I figured that we'd be able to at least be reactive and fix the issues once and for all. For reasons unbeknownst to me, that didn't occur. I still plan to do week one of the regular season (mainly because I have teammates that I don't want to disappoint), but I find it harder and harder to get as amped up about this series as I once was - I hope that changes.

I'm hoping Justin will Hear whats being said.

Well there are some issues that NEED to be addressed, or the interest in this will simply evaporate.

WE don't want grass riding, wall riding, off road'ing. WE also understand we cant expect to discount a race for a few mistakes, but the penalty system as suggested will Fix that EASY.

I think Detroitbb, has made suggestions to you Justin that are worth looking at (Check the High Speed Ring Thread).

If you don't want to "Police" the times posted, then Detroitbb's suggestions would allow the people on the board and in the series to police ourselvs.

Posting our replay files Ghost + Race will also do allot for the People wanting to learn from the faster Drivers.

zxvhbc.jpg

Sorry, didn't had time for anything else (Gt500 and a cleaner GT300), college is being a bitch :(

About the cheating verifying... pretty much all that needed to be said was said alredy.
I have only one thing to add: you have to remember tha all GTPSP conpetition (apart from adhoc) has to rely in trust.
Since it has no function to support these events, we have to come up with these makeshift solutions such as screenshots and etc. We can't expect these methods to be bulletproof, but it's the best we have. Of course we must provide proof of our times, but without some trust, this league is doomed.

Trust & honesty.
That's what I liked about niigaki's Time Attack Challenge.
Everyone was willing to upload their ghost replay for scrutiny.

DSC01648.jpg
View attachment UCES01245RPLY-F1CA1489B00.zip

I know I messed up bad at least once as I accidentally slammed into the outside wall on the exit of the spiral and lost about 1.5 seconds because of it :ouch: Also I think I may have gotten up on the curb a bit too much through the first chicane at one point. I'm trying to get better at driving clean for the regular season as I often push too hard and I get into trouble when I really shouldn't be (as many of you could see by my first round race on HSR, sorry about that) :ouch:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back