Joe Satriani anyone?Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Patrik
  • 54 comments
  • 2,407 views
Heh, I'll just give up on this thread for a while.
 
rofl.gif
 
xcsti
Heh, I'll just give up on this thread for a while.
Quitter!

(Don't blame you... there ain't much of his stuff I don't have already, heh...)
 
Anyone getting Satch's new album "Super Colossal"? Out March 14th. Check out the podcasts here - www.satriani.com
With that and Dave Gilmours new album coming out around the same time I've got plenty to listen to!
 
Bump! (as they say)
Just received Satch's new album "Super Colossal" and enjoying it very much! Similar to "Is There..." but sounds generally tighter.
 
i checked the samples on his podcast, it sounds amazing. I love the blues vibe it has going 👍
 
After listening to "Super Colossal" for a week now I've picked my favourite tracks -"Super Colossal" which has a nice big sound and good melody that sticks in your head (I hum it all the time at the moment), "Just Like Lightnin'" because of its bluesy feel and wah-wah guitar, "It's so Good" which reminds me of Jeff Beck (the solo inparticular),"Redshift Riders" which although sounds a bit odd at first soon moves into gear for a good full bodied song, "Ten Words" simply because it has a great melody and a great guitar sound, "A Cool New Way" because of its layered sound and intricate guitar work and "Made of Tears" which has a nice crisp sound. One or two throwaway tracks like "Movin' On" and "A Love Eternal" but overall a good listen.
Highly melodic and lyrical, but unlike his last CD "Is there Love in Space?" it does'nt feature any vocals.
Not as good as "Crystal Planet" but then that was a pretty exceptional album. But "Super Colossal" is a welcome addition to Satch's catalogue!
 
Whoo Joe Satriani added me as a MySpace friend! I am sooo chuffed, as he only has 144 friends so far, I think he might manage his page himself... whereas Vai has so many friends he mustn't add everyone himself... I know satch is big on supporting his fanbase and big on the internet... so I'm hoping little old me got THE MAN HIMSELF to move a finger to click 'add'. Ok, end hopeless fan-boy mode.

www.myspace.com/jameshassall is my page if GTPlanet people are interested, but my music is very very old, needs some new stuff!
 
James2097
Whoo Joe Satriani added me as a MySpace friend! I am sooo chuffed, as he only has 144 friends so far, I think he might manage his page himself... whereas Vai has so many friends he mustn't add everyone himself... I know satch is big on supporting his fanbase and big on the internet... so I'm hoping little old me got THE MAN HIMSELF to move a finger to click 'add'. Ok, end hopeless fan-boy mode.

www.myspace.com/jameshassall is my page if GTPlanet people are interested, but my music is very very old, needs some new stuff!

damn you got both tommy emmanuel and joe satriani on your myspace. friggin lucky bastard.
 
Has anybody heard 'Crowd Chant'? That is a cool song. :lol:
 
Haha, yeah I love Crowd Chant. Probably my favorite song next to Super Colossal on the new album. :lol:
 
Just listened to Satch's podcast listening party of his entire new album, some super great stuff. I really think I'll start learning how to do those lovely smooth legato runs he does so well...

I actually think A Love Eternal is the best song on his new album, cause his guitar playing is just beautiful, he obviously tried really hard on the dynamics and little details to the notes, instead of just wailing away. The melody is interesting too, not his normal bluesy straight-ahead rock!
 
Joe Satriani is really good i must say 👍

So far, i would say i really like the Summer Song and Manhattan.
 
💡 I knew there was something I forgot.

Thanks for reminding me, bro.
 
Dropout.
💡 I knew there was something I forgot.

Thanks for reminding me, bro.

:D Glad i could be of help, going to dig up some more of my tunes by Satch now!
 
I don't know if anyone in hear as mentioned it but... Joes Satriani has a kik ass band that i have been listening to for like a year now. G3 Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, and Yngwie Malmsteen. They are crazy guitar players. One of my favorites is Rockin' in the Free world, which orginal artist is Neal Young who is also a breathtaking artist.

Definatly cool music to look into 👍 and Joe fans will like this.

Side Note: Joe Satriani taught Steve Vai when he was a kid, how to play guitar.
 
I'm damn well hoping Joe brings a G3 to Aus one day soon...

Him and Vai always get a new 3rd axeman for each G3 tour... They've had Eric Johnson, Malmsteen, Kenny Wayne Shephard, John Petrucci, Robert Fripp and maybe some others.

I'm hoping they get Jeff Beck! Apparently they asked him the other year and he was REALLY close to agreeing to do it... but had already scheduled to play with BB Kind instead.

I'm guessing they might get someone like Tom Morello or John5 next time... someone really out-there and whacked out.
 
James2097
John Petrucci, Robert Fripp
Gotta love John's solos with Dream Theater.


And Robert Fripp who lead King Crimson to a outstanding carrer, that gave Rock a kik in the ass.
 
Satch, Vai and Beck together? I'd pay good money to see that! Three of my favourite guitarists jamming! Niiiice...

Probably won't happen. Still I've got a good playlist on my PC with their stuff, so I can at least imagine it!
 
slackbladder
Satch, Vai and Beck together? I'd pay good money to see that! Three of my favourite guitarists jamming! Niiiice...

Probably won't happen. Still I've got a good playlist on my PC with their stuff, so I can at least imagine it!
G3 still plays..... Atleast to my knowledge
 
G3 isn't a band as such, more like a joint-organised tour (with the consistent branding of "G3") of 3 guitarists. Its a brand (invented by Satch, with Vai happily partaking each time), but not a band.

Joe does a set of a few songs by himself.
Then Steve does a few of his songs solo.
Then the "extra other guy" (whoever it is for that year) does their solo stuff for a bit.

(the order of these 3 guitarist's solo sets may change - but they all get a similar amount of time)

THEN, they all pick 3 or so classic rock tunes to jam out the night together as all 3 guitarists are up on stage twiddling away. :D

There isn't any solid news about Jeff Beck doing it, but I know they asked him the other year and he almost did it. So I know he's at least on Satch's list...
 
James2097
THEN, they all pick 3 or so classic rock tunes to jam out the night together as all 3 guitarists are up on stage twiddling away. :D
"The G3 Jam" is always a good listen. I just love listening to the 10min version of "Smoke on The Water" they did last year with Petrucci. :D
 
Satch`s the man,one of my favorite guitar players(including Paul Gilbert,Malmsteen,Michael Angelo Batio etc.)
 
Back