JSTC GT400 (GT300) Season 2 - Winter Test Session 2/9/13 4pm Pst

  • Thread starter Thread starter joetruckv8
  • 1,074 comments
  • 42,803 views

Race Distance (km)

  • 175km

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • 200km

    Votes: 9 42.9%
  • 220km

    Votes: 7 33.3%

  • Total voters
    21
Were not using hard tires. It's just mediums and softs. We could do a set minimum amount of laps on a certain tire like we do in my 90s FIA GT series. Each round is choice of mediums and softs but some tracks have softs as 'option' tires, so you can only use them for 40% of the race. So a 50 laps race you can only use softs for 20 laps and you have to use mediums the rest of the distance.
 
Willfred_1
not many have been able to pull off hard first then the softer tyre in my experience of two tyre setups they
A) have to be properly quick round the track
B) were racing some where like monza where you can draft

Its funny you say that, the only time I can remember when it worked out was F1 2012 Sergio Perez at Monza. He did a 1 stop strategy starting from the back of the pack and starting on the race on hards then switching to meds which propelled him into a 3rd pl podium at the end of the day.

I actually can touch on this subject all day. Starting on softs allows you to jock for position easier and keep up with the pack, but at the same time if its a race start people are going to be fighting and not allow each other to run there best lap so if you can hang on using the harder compound, catching the draft and such and then go onto the softs while people are strapping on their harder compound then its in the bag per say. But even tho this startegy sometimes works, I still find it hard to through away a qaulifier and jock for positon on the harder tires just so I can claw thru traffic and try to gain as many positions as I can before race finish. The best way to approach this startegy is to be a fast guys so you sill qualify nicely on harder tires and keep up with the pack on harder tires.
 
I just read the front page op and we are at a 3 way tie for tire compound choice. I'm going to re count the votes and make sure there wasn't a mistake but we will most likely have to take a re vote to determine tire choice again.
 
Do some research and you'll understand SGT doesn't run hard compound tires.

Just that comment right there proves you aren't even comprehending what I am saying. I am done on this topic, as we aren't getting anywhere and tire choice has already been determined.

EDIT. Joe I don't see a spot to add votes for tire choice but you can put me down for whatever contains racing hards, and not softs. Med/Hard for me.

If anyone else doesn't want to race on softs I suggest voting for Med/Hard as well to gain a bit of a lead.
 
Last edited:
I didn't realize voting was still open, I did vote for 200km so if it is in the rest of the polls here are my votes.

2. Both Tires
3. Rolling Starts
4. 4 per chassis
5. 1-2 stops with normal tire wear
6. Drop new chassis
7. 1 race per round
8. Time Penalty
9. 2 pre-season races

If voting has been closed I apologize for this post.
 
Just that comment right there proves you aren't even comprehending what I am saying. I am done on this topic, as we aren't getting anywhere and tire choice has already been determined.

EDIT. Joe I don't see a spot to add votes for tire choice but you can put me down for whatever contains racing hards, and not softs. Med/Hard for me.

If anyone else doesn't want to race on softs I suggest voting for Med/Hard as well to gain a bit of a lead.

Look, I told you I don't care about GT5's tires compared to real life. You brought that up, not me. You're whole statement was "GT5's hard tires=soft tires in real life" is. That's wrong. I don't know who came to that conclusion or where you got that information from, but it's not right. GT5's tires are GT5's tires. They aren't based on any real life tire, so to compare to a real life tire is basically a waste of time.

What I'm telling you is that IRL Super GT uses a softer compound than many other forms of racing. I'm not discussing what your 'GT5 tire=whatever'. When people compare GT5's tires to real life saying the racing hards are too grippy- they're basing this off of their limited experience of a certain type of real life race tire. No GTP member I've seen has raced in Super GT. When they have they can come back here and tell us all how they compare to the hards mediums or softs.

I try to replicate lap times on GT5 to those IRL. If that means using a soft tire- so be it. Not every race series needs it, but if the person in charge wants to use them, that's his decision and I think it's a good one. 👍
 
But, your still going on about something different..

Anyway I think we are voting again :)
 
I'm going on with what I was talking about. Not what you were ;)
 
But were you not replying to something I said??????? Have you raced super GT cars?

hahaha... for the third time, lets just let it go :dumbwinkyemoticon: :)
 
When i voted for softs in my choice, i done it purely hoping that it makes pit strategy come into play.

Edit - Thats why i really like fast wear and fuel because it throws up way more obstacles which come vary the results massively.
 
I agree that more pits are needed.

Why exactly are we stuck on shorter races? If someone could just sum it up so I don't have to read the whole thread that would be nice.
 
Here's my votes

Tires. Med/hard

Rolling start

4 per chassis

Drop 2 races

Normal wear

1 round

Points penalty

2 race pre season

Drop new chassis
 
Are you unaware of how unrealistic they are compared to real life?

Racing hards in GT5 = racing softs in real life.

But if they are decided so be it.

Ok well compare your bit of information to the vast majority of knowledge on this website and you will find that softs are unrealistic in comparison to real life, and you are wrong about saying otherwise.

Hards force throttle control. Softs do not.

But hey they were already decided so end of topic I guess.

Your claim was a response to me when I said there are "series irl that use soft tires"... So tell me again, who brought up the "hards in GT5=Softs IRL"? That was you.

Then you said the "vast majority of knowledge"... what knowledge? You ask me if I've raced Super GT, but you didn't even answer my question! :sly: I never claimed to race Super GT, I have followed it since the mid 2000's though. And from drivers irl Super GT, they have stated numerous times that their series runs a softer tire compound than say FIA GT. Instead of arguing with me- you should do do some research like I said before.

I want soft tires and mediums.
 
Come on people we don't need to start going through all the voting again. Joe said he thinks the tyre vote might be a draw and we may well have to vote again, people stop voting on things that are already finished.

@Rosckolove - Not enough people voted for the 300km races but i think 200km is longer than last season.
 
Seth, if I say you win, will you drop it?

About how long were the races last season time wise?
 
Races last season were "at least 150km and took about 1hr to complete.
 
Seth, if I say you win, will you drop it?

About how long were the races last season time wise?

I just don't understand what you're trying to get at. The whole thing stemmed from me saying soft racing tires are actually used. So I'm not with the crowd that thinks they don't belong. The reason being for softs, people wanted to spice up the races by having the tires last shorter and make the cars faster.
 
Races last season were "at least 150km and took about 1hr to complete.

Hmm... Well even using hards its still going to be at least a 1 stopper, and I doubt it would be beneficial to run them the whole race so also using mediums might make it a two stopper?

I didn't make any races last season so I don't know myself.

I also vote for 4 a chassis.
 
But were you not replying to something I said??????? Have you raced super GT cars?

hahaha... for the third time, lets just let it go :dumbwinkyemoticon: :)

Bro, ignore button worked out for me. Give it a try :lol:
 
Guys, votes have been made and the choices are done. Quit arguing and quit bringing stuff up that has already been voted on. I as a new steward for season 2, am a bit tired of reading it.
We need to concentrate on Car choice, pre-season races & where and the tracks we are racing for the season.
This is supposed to be fun right? :)
 
Come on people we don't need to start going through all the voting again. Joe said he thinks the tyre vote might be a draw and we may well have to vote again, people stop voting on things that are already finished.

@Rosckolove - Not enough people voted for the 300km races but i think 200km is longer than last season.

It was a tie and Joe made the call. Tire choice was already chosen.
 
It was a tie and Joe made the call. Tire choice was already chosen.

I just read the front page op and we are at a 3 way tie for tire compound choice. I'm going to re count the votes and make sure there wasn't a mistake but we will most likely have to take a re vote to determine tire choice again.

Joe's words.
 
Joe's words.

Go back to giving seth a bad time would ya.
Tire choice was voted on a couple of weeks ago and it was a tie then when the choice was made . Everyone keeps bringing tire choice up is probably why Joe brought it up in the first place.
Get on with the rest of the other things that need voted on. 👍
 
Go back to giving seth a bad time would ya.
Tire choice was voted on a couple of weeks ago and it was a tie then when the choice was made . Everyone keeps bringing tire choice up is probably why Joe brought it up in the first place.
Get on with the rest of the other things that need voted on. 👍

The guy that made the choice decided to bring it up. And I wasn't giving seth a bad time, I ended it before that.
 
So is there a re-vote?
 
Everyone was in favor of making the cars faster, well putting softs on them will do that. Now all of a sudden there's a revote on this? Come on now.
 
Lets just race! When is winter testing? This weekend?
 
Lets just race! When is winter testing? This weekend?

Yeah. Lets just toss all 3 compounds in and call it a day haha.
I think we got this mostly sorted anyways.
 
BAZZER
When i voted for softs in my choice, i done it purely hoping that it makes pit strategy come into play.

Edit - Thats why i really like fast wear and fuel because it throws up way more obstacles which come vary the results massively.

After running GATE I would be open for fast wear, but at 150km I was pitting 4 to 5 times, so at 200km we would be pitting up to 5 times and the races could be longer than the usual hour or so,...
 
Tire wear on normal will be fine. It'll be shorter stints using softs. So it'll be who can make their tires go longer and get on the mediums, or guys start on mediums go longer and switch over to softs.
 
Back