Just curious, which house or festival site are people using as their home?

• Thread starter Populuxe
  • 11 comments

Which house or festival site are you using as your start point?

• Buena Esperanza

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Casa Bella

• La Casa Solariega

• Horizon Apex Outpost

• Horizon Rush Outpost

• Horizon Wilds Outpost

• Total voters
Been starting at Hotel Castillo not long ago after staying at Buenas Vistas since the beginning

I use the main Horizon festival as a starting point because it has an indoor garage with consistent lighting for painting cars, and because it has several different roads leading away from it. Most of the houses are on single roads, so I would end up driving the same stretch every time I start the game, which is a bit dull.

In FH4 I used Edinburgh Castle for a similar reason, it was always good to start among the many city streets.

Main festival site.
Mainly because it has the most decent lighting for make livery, and easy access to the things we use most often at the weekly/daily Forzathon, such as PR stunts and highways.

And while it may not be that much of a concern, I feel that the load on the home screen is probably lower than other home spaces, which is also important for me playing on a poor spec PC or OG Xbox One.

Horizon Street Scene Outpost because of location. Yes, I could use fast travel, but to me it feels like cheating. I know, it's silly but that's just me. I used to start out at Hotel Castillo, but got tired of commuting through Guanajuato.

@pez2k @WanganDream I get what you’re saying about the main festival site. In England, I had the little house in Ambleside set as my home but after about a year I switched to the main festival site because of the consistent lighting when painting. I may do the same here, but for now I’m happy with my beach life at La Cabaña.

Horizon Mexico for the same reason as others. Consistent lighting and easy access to lots of activities like the Tour. I too like to drive to my destination instead of fast travelling so the location is ideal for me. But I did used Casa Bella a lot at the start. The one I never used is probably Apex Outpost.

Buenas Vista. I too use to use Hotel Castillo but got fed up of having to drive through that terrible town who's name I can never remember how to spell. I think it's the worse urban sprawl in any FH game.

Buenas Vistas for me too, but for a different reason. The drive from there to the main Horizon Festival site is pleasant and a relaxing way to start testing or getting used to a car casually. If I drive out in the other direction (north instead of south) I get to see the Dunas Blancas and the nice windy roads to either La Cabaña or the Baja site.

Hotel Castillo is OK, but there's something to be said about booting the game, picking any car, and taking off immediately in any direction and know the drive will be pleasant. With the hotel... if I head south, I'm headfirst into Guanajuato. I can navigate or race there fine, but I'm gonna rejoin @Edax 76 's thoughts here; I need to be in the mood (and the right car) for the tight streets and the tunnels. And sometimes I'm just ... not.

Besides, the Buenas Vistas house overlooks a beach, and it's amazing for photos.

Back