Justice League Movie (DCU Thread)Movies 

• Thread starter JKgo
  • 217 comments
Here he is sans mullet.

image.jpeg

...Joe Manganiello is the DCEU's Slade Wilson, Wall Street Journal.

BN-PS420_JoeM_J_20160907082501.jpg

Good choice? Personally, he looks just about right for the role.

The Journal unfortunately jumps the gun and says the role's for the upcoming solo Batflick, but Geoff Johns did not specify whether we'll get to see Deathstroke in Justice League first or not.

If you've been following DC movie news for the last week or so, you might have come across this little tweet from Affleck himself:

https://twitter.com/BenAffleck?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Was that Manganiello, though, under that mask?

Rumor Patrol: Zach Snyder not returning to the DCEU after Justice League

http://www.screengeek.net/2016/08/2...justice-league-2-wont-return-for-man-steel-2/

The Journal, unfortunately, jumps the gun and says the role's for the upcoming solo Batflick, but Geoff Johns did not specify whether we'll get to see Deathstroke in Justice League first or not.

According to Mundane Matt, the solo Batflick is going to feature an entire rogues gallery of villains, but Deathstroke is going to be the big bad in it.

Rumor Patrol: Zach Snyder not returning to the DCEU after Justice League

...If true, it's about damn time. But the article's source is 4chan. I mean, really? Rather than a grain of salt, might as well use the whole shaker.

Who's this Mundane Matt fella? Sounds as credible as that 4chan source, I must say.... Is he famous or something?

Slip out the back, Zack...
Better make a new plan, Geoff...
There must be fifty ways to save your mother.

...According to Snyder, it's "Homestretch." Not entirely sure what he means by that, however. Is he almost done shooting the whole film? Or just the portions where Ben Affleck's in costume? Or just the scenes where he's donning this new set of duds?

CsVYeQbWcAA_pgh.jpg

I think the googles looks weird. Even weirder when they said that the googles will light up white, paying a homage to the comic/cartoon counterpart.

...Moody. Snyder at his finest?

CslBJCJW8AA4TM5.jpg

That's JK Simmons as Gordon. As a still shot, it's quite breathtaking. A proof that if nothing else, Snyder sure can craft a pretty shot...

If they light up white then fine but hopefully he doesn't wear it for too long, Gordon looks great.

Curious as to how this might affect future writing and performances (though Gal Gadot says she is not surprised) - the writers of Wonder Woman comics have announced that they regard her as bisexual, but will stop short of having her sexuality openly proclaimed in a comic:

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-...usly'-queer,-dc-comic-writer-confirms/7895026

I suppose it's a bit like JK Rowling revealing that she had always considered Professor Dumbledore to be gay after the publication of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows but never made an issue of it in the novels (and only really commented on it publicly because she had to intervene when the screenwriters of one of the later films wanted to have Dumbledore reveal a backstory about a girl he loved).

...I suppose, nothing will change in regards to how WB treats Wonder Woman as a source of revenue.

However, you can bet your left shoe that WB will do their best to bury any mentions of non-traditional sexuality when it's time to sell toys to kids, only to bring it back into the open when they want to score some nice PC Police points.

Yes yes, I'm a cynic. Don't sue me.

That rooftop shot looks like it's on a Broadway stage. Not a bad thing, but that's just the vibe I'm getting.

Still not sold on the Fat-Bat logo.

A proof that if nothing else, Snyder sure can craft a pretty shot...
The problem is that he's so inconsistent - I would even go so far as to say schizophrenic - within his own films. I'm watching Man of Steel on free-to-air, and I'm struck by the way it's all over the place. Zod's message to Earth is super creepy and very atmospheric, but the prologue on Krypton is messy and bordering on incoherent.

I still can't get all of the way through BvS but what I've seen so far seems to be isolated cool scenes from the comics which don't gel very well as a story. Its rival Civil War told a comparatively seamless story at some expense to the cinematic spectacle despite BvS seeming to have better stills.

Comics and movies (at least in this genre) are supposed to be visuals and story working together instead of pure visual art though so I hope they modify their approach when it comes to Justice League.

Curious as to how this might affect future writing and performances (though Gal Gadot says she is not surprised) - the writers of Wonder Woman comics have announced that they regard her as bisexual, but will stop short of having her sexuality openly proclaimed in a comic:

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-...usly'-queer,-dc-comic-writer-confirms/7895026

I suppose it's a bit like JK Rowling revealing that she had always considered Professor Dumbledore to be gay after the publication of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows but never made an issue of it in the novels (and only really commented on it publicly because she had to intervene when the screenwriters of one of the later films wanted to have Dumbledore reveal a backstory about a girl he loved).
Have you read Wonder Woman: Earth One? I own the comic, and they said that WW took a lesbian lover.

Isn't Cyborg bigger than that?

I'm not feeling the Bat-sunnies on the forehead. I like the goggles better.
images

...Something about that image is bothering me. It's like, the actors are not actors but dummies. No, I'm not insulting their intelligence or anything, but to me, they look like those mannequins in a store front to advertise this fall's hottest trends.

Especially Gal Gadot - she looks so.... artificial, it's actually quite eerie, really. Ditto for Jason Momoa, who looks like he was inserted into the frame post-process.

Yeah, Gal's pose looks weird :lol: the promo shots of this has been garbage tier.

Cyborg has a Megatron crotch

New JL Trailer to drop Saturday. The synopsis has also updated post day. Can now confirm the following for Justice League:

1. Batman
2. Wonder Woman
3. The Flash
4. Cyborg
5. Superman (Yes, he will appear in Pt. 1)
6. Aquaman (He will already be King of Atlantis before the film starts)
7. A Green Lantern

Before you jump on the hype horse:

According to some rumors, the Green Lantern rep will likely be non-human, but will be a well known member of the Corps. I think this isolates it to three:

1. Abin Sur - Earth is part of his sector after all.
2. Kilowog - He was a member of the Justice League in the comics.
3. Sinestro.

Back