Kaido Battle in America!

Well, I picked up Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift from Walmart for $15 yesterday.

I really wish it was KB3, for all of the cars and courses, but it's still a really fun game... :) The physics aren't very realistic, but they're a lot more fun than I had expected...drifting is almost natural if you have enough horsepower.

It's KB1.......Exactly the same game, just in english. It even still says Kaido Battle at the begining of the intro movie.

It's a Very addicting game.

NSX-R
So guys! What version is it? KB2 or KB? How many cars were missing?

As fporto_br said earlier in this thread, there's no Ford, DeTomaso or Lotus. There were also a few name changes, and not all of them make sense -- a few Hondas were turned into Acuras, and the Nissan Skyline (V35) became the Nissan G35...

9.99? Is this in the U.S.?

Is a Honda Civic a Acura Civic (I doubt that)? Or just the Acura Integra and such that make much sense in the U.S.... Well V35 being a G35... Isn't that mostly accurate?

Anyways... Not out in California yet or something.... Just saw the release date and it ships today... Damn... Been running around looking for it for no reason...:ouch:

hmm.....i can't find it anywhere, stupid gamestop and EB games did not even have it on their computers or anything, and the website says it comes out tomorrow, but it said the 24th the other day.
i think im going to stop by walmart (i hate that place) and take a look.

Wal Mart should have it. That's where I got mine. And despite it being the first version I LOVE this game. Granted I don't have a modded PS2 and haven't played the newer ones yet.

Anyways......the Name changes are like the NSX is in both Acura and Honda, the Integra, Lude, Civic etc. are still honda. The Nissan Skyline (Newer one) is now a Nissan G35, etc.

rsmithdrift
Wal Mart should have it. That's where I got mine. And despite it being the first version I LOVE this game. Granted I don't have a modded PS2 and haven't played the newer ones yet.

Anyways......the Name changes are like the NSX is in both Acura and Honda, the Integra, Lude, Civic etc. are still honda. The Nissan Skyline (Newer one) is now a Nissan G35, etc.

Well tried that route already... Two Walmarts... Probably might be out tomorrow... I'm pickin up my Ace Combat at Gamestop so if they have KB I'll buy it too... :ouch: I just can't call it TXR Drift... Sounds silly...:grumpy: I've been askin for the new Tokyo Xtreme Racer... never said the drift part ever...:yuck:
Sounded too much like F&F 3 : Tokyo (Xtreme Racer) Drift...

Well yep~ I'm an idiot... I know its just a name...

animateria
Sounded too much like F&F 3 : Tokyo (Xtreme Racer) Drift...

Well yep~ I'm an idiot... I know its just a name...

Some idiot at Walmart tried to explain to my friend and I how the game was "just like that new Fast and the Furious movie that's coming out..." :rolleyes:

Anyway, I bought this game last week, at Walmart. You guys should have been able to find it already... :odd:

I also saw it for $9.99 at Best Buy today, as I was looking for Outrun 2006 C2C and Ace Combat.

Wolfe2x7
Some idiot at Walmart tried to explain to my friend and I how the game was "just like that new Fast and the Furious movie that's coming out..." :rolleyes:

Anyway, I bought this game last week, at Walmart. You guys should have been able to find it already... :odd:

I also saw it for $9.99 at Best Buy today, as I was looking for Outrun 2006 C2C and Ace Combat.

Well California is weird... None of the six places(EB, GS, Walmart) I went to had it last week all the store guys were puzzled too... They told me this never happened before...
Anyways!! Yes! Then I should check the local Best Buy first...

ok i gave in and bought it. the game is fun and addicting but i feel like im getting nowhere lol right now.

and yes, i bought it at a Best Buy here in Illinois. came out to $10.86 lol go to best buy people! i went to ebgames and gamestop, the game was nowhere in sight.

Ryosuke_Gumna
Just want to tell everyone, it's Kaido Battle 1

which one do u have? as u can see i have both Kaido Racer pal and Kaido Battle 2 Chain Reaction Japanese-ntsc and it's exactly the same game, starting from the intro to the menu, etc..
games0hp.jpg

I stopped by GameCrazy and one of the workers there said that GC stores won't be carrying it for some odd reason. It seems to me that Best Buy is the spot to go, I just picked it up from there two hours ago.

TXRDbb.jpg

price tag details-
PST39950
SKU:7802997

Just picked it up today. Fun game!! It takes awhile to get stuff for your car though..and Im so used to drifting on gt4 its alittle wierd.
10 bucks is a great price for a great game.

Just picked it up yesterday and its so addictive. The guys at walmart tried to tell me that they didn't carry it anymore because its a 2 yr old game and I had to promptly correct them with, "The Tokyo Extreme Racer Series is a bit old, but this game just got translated for the states."

Well, I'm a little disappointed with the number of cars you can start off with (I wanted AWD from the jump) but all in all, its alright for what it is. Just opened Haruna this morning and its a super windy course.

First 30 battles, 50% were losses (Damn 86). After getting the CP9A i'm currently unstoppable.

So what's everyone's 'main squeeze' so far?

Racing stats so far 34 wins, 7 losses. I started with a AE86 and had a feeling the game was gonna have itself a slow start, and it did, for me. The category races are the ONLY time you have the opportunity do get your Yen up, that's right, Yen, the currency didn't get converted, luckily you don't have a loading screen when you switch from day to night/ night to day. My losses so far have been to a Mirage(which bashed me into the wall at one of the final turns of the run, I got him in the next run), AE111(I didn't have my power up) and the IS(dude just abused me at the hairpins, but got a win after like 4 runs with a complete level 2 Trueno). I went back to getting my Yen up to get a FC RX-7 and started racing with it. That car slides so easy, I didn't even want to buy anything for it. That's what I've done so far.

Really Quick review/impression:
If you've played or are familiar with the TXR games on PS2, there's not much difference, except the graphics are from 2003(no updates/improvements) and took the racing off the highway and onto mountain roads. The car controls are just like any other TXR that's appeared on PS2, on the twitchy side, but for this game I think it's a good thing. I felt like I was playing Initial D at the arcades when I jumped on this, sans steering wheel. The music is :indiff: , I turned it down, even off at one point, same thing I did on TXR3. The car selection is varied, so there should be something for everyone. I'm loving this game, for $10, I can't think of any better racer at the same price, I give 8/10.

Ill agree with that review. 8 outta 10.

Game started out slow until i did alot of the day races, at least up to level 3. Then I just kept doing them until i had enough for my Z.

Now Im killing it in races and daytime.In 5 hours, my Z has everything you can buy for it. (notice: some mods actually lower your hp.boo.)

Latest Posts

Back