Karting Thread

• Thread starter lbsf1
  • 1,546 comments
Rotating your neck around before a race always helps. I have turned my head to quickly before and felt a sharp pain in my neck from it :(.
I have never pulled a muscle actually racing, but working on the kart and lifting it in the paddock could cause you to pull a muscle. If it's your back then you could try a lifting belt which they wear for weightlifting. It supports your core and lower back, and prevents hyperextension.

Do you wear a rib protector? I would highly recommend the Tillett range. Here is a link to the page https://www.tillett.co.uk/shop/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=16&cat=Rib+Protectors.

They are expensive, but on numerous occasions I have been saved a lot of pain because of it. When it comes to protecting you vital organs, you need to get something that will do the job. Safety should always be your main concern (Going quickly is #2 :sly: ). It's worrying because a lot of racers forget that, and decide to spend £120 on a new set of tyres for the day, rather than buying a rib protector which you could use for 5/6 years.

I don't know what happened, I've just been sore all week. I don't know whether it's from lifting things that are even heavier than my kart at work, lifting the kart, or my little crash...

:ouch: Brandon, you need to stop trying to kill me.

What muscle did you pull?

I think it's called a lat. If you asked me for anything more than the slang term, I'd tell you, like normal, "I have no idea what I'm doing."

And :lol: Spurgy.

This is real life, isn't it? Not just ToCA?

And... why not reply to a reply to your post?

General soreness can often set in after a weekend. I've had a few aches and pains a few days afterwards, but not every weekend. It's a bit random.

When was that? :P

The Southern Champs I think, where Nathan Harrison and you crashed, then he protested the protest and we had 3 to go through :lol:

General soreness can often set in after a weekend. I've had a few aches and pains a few days afterwards, but not every weekend. It's a bit random.

The Southern Champs I think, where Nathan Harrison and you crashed, then he protested the protest and we had 3 to go through :lol:

Oh yeh, he's a 🤬 :P then they "messed up the paperwork" and he got away with it :(

Book marking this tread I just got back in karting a couple of months ago. Everything was running sound until our super speedway round when my KT100 decided not to turn on. The only thing I did was put the extra long gear on it could this be why it doesn't fire up? I had to run 17/21 on my Sodi shifter to hit the 106 mph mark but it was bogging down bad so. I know a lot of us don't get the chance to run our karts at these speeds but we are lucky enough to race here in California Speedways in field twice a year!

Book marking this tread I just got back in karting a couple of months ago. Everything was running sound until our super speedway round when my KT100 decided not to turn on. The only thing I did was put the extra long gear on it could this be why it doesn't fire up? I had to run 17/21 on my Sodi shifter to hit the 106 mph mark but it was bogging down bad so. I know a lot of us don't get the chance to run our karts at these speeds but we are lucky enough to race here in California Speedways in field twice a year!

http://s1221.photobucket.com/user/JoeTruckV8/media/2013-03-09095947_zps96607561.jpg.html

How lng is that track , it looks nice and how long is the longest straigt

Where was the wreck? I only see a wheel climb.

The wheel climb leads to me going over his rear bumper. 🤬 melted my front bumper graphics a bit. :(

Book marking this tread I just got back in karting a couple of months ago.

Welcome to the thread, Joe.

Got videos from that track, yet?

Oh, and, this:

This was definitely the best race of my life, ever.

Quick summary:

-Started 5th (:scared:)
-battled with 6th place starter
-Lost that battle
-Battled with 7th place starter
-had wrong gearing, too short in drafting, overrevving
-tires overheated, went off into the sand on the exit of Turn 4
-allowed the tires to cool down
-gave an all-out, all-or-nothing push
-finished 6th after an epic last lap battle

Last edited:
Diffficult but good day today!
Ran in Heavy and Medium which isn't worth it really but I do it anyway.
Summary of the day:
Sportsmen R Heavy
Heat 1 - Started 6th, finished 2nd. Good race. Kart was not there but I held on.
Heat 2 - Started 1st, finished 2nd. Great start but got caught out and ended up 4th. Caught theleader but I needed one more lap to get there.
Final - Started 2nd, finished 3rd. Now, throughout the day there is no time between my Medium heat and heavy race. This is where it proved costly. Raced with a bent steering arm which made it really hard. Managed to hang on to the kart and finish close to the person infront of me.
Overall - 2nd for the day.
Sportsmen R Medium
Heat 1 - Started 7th, finished 7th. Kart was still not there. Plus I give the field 21kg in that class which works out to abit over 1sec. I was 3 tenths off pace
Heat 2 - Started 2nd, finished 3rd. Drove the wheels off it. Almost won the bloody race but got a hit from the side and bentthe steering quite badly. Held on for dear life until the end.
Final - Started 5th, finished 4th. Got the start. Held on in a 6 kart battle for 2nd. Phew!
Overall - 4th for the day

An empty month before back to back events at Morwell, those being July clubday and Australiasian C&D Grade Titles (On my birthday )

Bump for photos!

1044094_10152969942610015_1082213009_n.jpg

1009740_10152969943720015_2054835935_n.jpg

Post your own, if you've got 'em. I wanna see! :)

1012675_10152969941695015_912283469_n.jpg

Top 5 finish! :)

And, I didn't end up going to this race, but... Grid girls???

9198747566_98bf6d0645_b.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pics and good result!

From Rochester - GPS Round 3

I really dislike my clear visor...:grumpy:

PS - Once again, using flickr and still don't know if this works. More pics on flickr.

Clear visors are way better. I had a tinted one for awhile then went back to the clear one.
I've had a tinted one but that was so long ago I can't remeber what it was like. Just the sun getting in my eyes is getting annoying, but it only is in practice usually.

Just the sun

This part. 👍

However, I have three visors for my helmet, and I've practiced changing them. It takes me less than a minute to change them. When it's sunny, the black one goes on. When I want to look cool for photos, the mirrored visor goes on. And, when it rains, the clear one goes on.

I see no reason why perfect visibility, stylishness, and purpose can't be a simple concept, based on weather.

It's amazing how much more you can see with the clear visor. I have never had a problem with the sun before.

Got my trailer back from being painted and it looks good!
Or atleast I think so. Much more suited to me. Very happy.

One month break in karting is killing me and it has only been 2 weeks :S

Got my trailer back from being painted and it looks good!
Or atleast I think so. Much more suited to me. Very happy.

One month break in karting is killing me and it has only been 2 weeks :S

I've had an 8 month break, it may even rise to 9 if I can't find some time in the next few weeks. :(

^ Today, we're racing in reverse.

*WARNING: bad music plays to accompany awesome airborne 360 spin*

I'll post my own versions of the videos later. I admit, it looks like no one has any idea how to get 'round this layout fast.

Back