Kaz in Brazil at Interlagos

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 105 comments
Let's hope they have the good sense to include a real kart track in the game for the first time.
Interlagos kart track.jpg

ZOMG!11!!!1

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS CONfirmed for Feb DLC 1.05!

:)

Anyhow.. seriously. If or when Interlagos turns up it will be a good addition to the game, it's one of the few F1 tracks I actually like!
Yes, the current layout was made with the close participation of Ayrton Senna...

Let's hope they have the good sense to include a real kart track in the game for the first time.
View attachment 115152
What about the Willow Springs mini-track? This looks pretty much like a kart track. It's not playable in the game, but its pretty much modeled... We should be able to play there. See here: http://goo.gl/maps/Psttx
Also the same for the other small WS track, also modeled in game but not playable... Why PD?

And then we have Silverstone Stowe. Seems pretty much a kart track too...

What about the mini-track? This looks pretty much like a kart track. See here: http://goo.gl/maps/Psttx

And what about Silverstone Stowe? Seems pretty much a kart track too...
The mini track is at Big Willow and it's very small for a kart track, more like a rental kart style track. I want something I can open up a shifter kart on.

Most every major track in the world also has a world class karting track. If PD is going to be there anyway, it seems to me to make sense from an efficient use of resources standpoint to also model the kart track, but I suspect kart tracks are not a high priority for PD, even though karts are in the game.

Has Kaz visited Bathurst himself to see and drive Mt. Panorama Motor Racing Circuit? Maybe his time at Interlagos can possibly be just a test drive. If he likes Interlagos, he would put the circuit in GT.

The mini track is at Big Willow and it's very small for a kart track, more like a rental kart style track. I want something I can open up a shifter kart on.

Most every major track in the world also has a world class karting track. If PD is going to be there anyway, it seems to me to make sense from an efficient use of resources standpoint to also model the kart track, but I suspect kart tracks are not a high priority for PD, even though karts are in the game.

I agree, not so much for the kart tracks although those would be nice to have. But I have always wondered why they don't model all of the tracks including all of the shorter ribbons. Suzuka for example. They include the full track and Suzuka East but the west track is not there. LeMans as well. They include 5 or 6 different versions of the full track, but don't include the Bugatti circuit (which is brilliant) even though they already have roughly a third of it modeled with the full track.

As for Interlagos. I've considered it a lock it was coming as DLC at some point ever since I first saw the opening movie thing where it's the first track you actually see when you load the game.

I'm pumped if they plan to bring this track to gt6!! Should be interesting what happens! 👍

What about the Willow Springs mini-track? This looks pretty much like a kart track. It's not playable in the game, but its pretty much modeled... We should be able to play there. See here: http://goo.gl/maps/Psttx
Also the same for the other small WS track, also modeled in game but not playable... Why PD?

And then we have Silverstone Stowe. Seems pretty much a kart track too...
First of all, we want the possibility of run in variable weather tracks with karts, so Stowe is not playable with karts.

That kart track would be fine I think, but I'm expecting they can include Horse Thief Mille, you can even see a sing at the bottom of Streets of Willow main straight line indicating the way to get on Horse Thief Mille.

If PD include the other oval tracks of Willow Springs I think they would be useless...

They could use the money generated from paid DLC to donate to the Senna foundation? Would be fitting I think.
Yes, that's what they are doing. This was revealed along with the Senna content a few months ago.

A few days ago, Bruno Senna (Ayrton Senna's cousin) gave an interview about the Senna's DLC to a Brazilian gaming website:

http://jogos.uol.com.br/ultimas-not...ao-era-pareo-para-o-sobrinho-no-videogame.htm

Briefly, he states that the game will be updated slowly (maybe like the redbull challenges?), recreating part of Senna's carrer.

Ayrton Senna's carrer started in the karts (with the Interlago's karting track being hugely important in his development as a driver) and moved to Formula 3 and then to Formula 1. Senna also participated in some other races, as the historical DTM Nurburgring GP inaugural race, where he showed his wet weather driving skills, obliterating all the competition formed by the best F1 drivers of the time, using the new Mercedes 190E 2.3-16.

Mercedes-190E-Cosworth-2-620x413.jpg

Editted due to my bad english!

Last edited:
A few days ago, Bruno Senna (Ayrton Senna's cousin) gave an interview about the Senna's DLC to a Brazilian gaming website:

http://jogos.uol.com.br/ultimas-not...ao-era-pareo-para-o-sobrinho-no-videogame.htm

Briefly, he states that the game will be updated slowly (maybe like the redbull challenges?), recreating part of Senna's carrer, witch started in the karts (with the Interlago's karting track being hugely important in his development as a driver) and moved to Formula 3 and then to Formula 1. Senna also participated in some other races, as the historical DTM Nurburgring GP inaugural race, where he showed his wet weather driving skills, obliterating all the competition formed by the best F1 drivers of the time, using the new Mercedes 190E 2.3-16.

Sorry for my bad english!
Senna won this race.

Briefly, he states that the game will be updated slowly (maybe like the redbull challenges?), recreating part of Senna's carrer, witch started in the karts (with the Interlago's karting track being hugely important in his development as a driver) and moved to Formula 3 and then to Formula 1. Senna also participated in some other races, as the historical DTM Nurburgring GP inaugural race, where he showed his wet weather driving skills, obliterating all the competition formed by the best F1 drivers of the time, using the new Mercedes 190E 2.3-16.

thank you vinicius, very exciting news, hard to believe it will be 20 years on may first.

Hmm.

If this is his first shot at Interlagos, I think it is great!

If this is the first shot of Poliphony at Interlagos, bad news: the track could be ready for the next game, just like Bathurst.

That's good. Means we'll see it all in November :sly:

I really hope that we'll see Senna's 190E now that Bruno mentioned it! Maybe we'll get premiums of the two 190Es(Evo 2 and DTM) already in GT6 as well!

Sorry to disapoint, but Bruno Senna didn't mention any of it, I was just pointing one of the highlights of Senna's brilliant career!

All Bruno said was that the game will be updated in phases to re-create Ayrton Senna's first steps.

Sorry to disapoint, but Bruno Senna didn't mention any of it, I was just pointing one of the highlights of Senna's brilliant career!

All Bruno said was that the game will be updated in phases to re-create Ayrton Senna's first steps.

You should edit what you put... it does sound as if you attribute all of it to Bruno.

So that would mean (some of) Ayrton's career won't be released all in one update? I'm not sure I saw that coming, but I like the idea of it. GT6 players will have better odds of playing the same parts simultaneously. Personally, I don't like "completing" a game within a week or as fast as possible, so releasing Ayrton's early career in "phases" is appealing.s

Looks like he got a look on some typical brazillian cheap cars. Our market have some very specific products due to our high prices and taxes and the Gol its a best seller around here. Mainly because its reliability and toughness plus it's an easy car to extract some performance on a budget.

I'm more of a Ford guy actually (drive a 1.6liter Fiesta) but its amazing that our market may be getting some attention.

Bring it on Kaz! We got some cool history to show.

Isn't Bruno his nephew?

He is indeed, didn't race much as a child for obvious family reasons.

Bruno's certainly a good driver (he made it to F1 on merit as well as the name) but it's hard to see the same disregard for physics, other drivers or the world that made Ayrton Senna so singularly, wonderfully gifted at extracting every last gram of lateral G.

Link to Wikipedia page on the VW GOL - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Gol

Perhaps we'll start seeing some Brazilian cars in GT6?

Like this one, the VW SP2...

Or maybe one of these? Or all of them?

Puma GTE:
577_brasileiros_abre.jpg

Willys Interlagos (brazilian version of the Alpine A108):
Interlagos+2.jpg

Brasinca 4200GT Uirapuru (legend says Jensen copied this car):
120514_60_17.jpg

I have waited for Interlagos to come to GT for a long time. I hope the wait is finally coming to an end.

Gol is the most sold car in Brazil for over 30 years.
It is currently at Gen 5 and there is one exemplar from 1989 on display at Autostadt as part of VW celebrations for being in Brazil for 60 years
Exposi%C3%A7%C3%A3o-60-Anos-VW-do-Brasil-na-Autostadt-Gol.jpg

Looks like he got a look on some typical brazillian cheap cars. Our market have some very specific products due to our high prices and taxes and the Gol its a best seller around here. Mainly because its reliability and toughness plus it's an easy car to extract some performance on a budget.

I'm more of a Ford guy actually (drive a 1.6liter Fiesta) but its amazing that our market may be getting some attention.

Bring it on Kaz! We got some cool history to show.
Sure, I don't like VW Gol but we have to admit its historical role on automotive history.

BTW, I own a Focus and also prefer Fords :)

Or maybe one of these? Or all of them?

Puma GTE:
577_brasileiros_abre.jpg

Willys Interlagos (brazilian version of the Alpine A108):
Interlagos+2.jpg

Brasinca 4200GT Uirapuru (legend says Jensen copied this car):
120514_60_17.jpg

I have waited for Interlagos to come to GT for a long time. I hope the wait is finally coming to an end.
The more the merrier! There are so many awesome cars that we never got here in the U.S.

I would assume that anything that is part of the initial Senna DLC update would be free, since PD has been telling us about it for months. I also assume that PD will release the Senna DLC in May 2014 to coincide with the 20th anniversary of Senna's death. We can only hope that they give us a finished product, but it will probably just be a portion of the planned Senna content.

This slow roll out of the game is starting to get frustrating, but I'm assuming Sony forced PD to release whatever they had complete in December. Waiting until the game was finished and then launching on PS3 in Summer 2014 or later would have been a disaster.

Back