Kaz interview from 8/8/2014 - GT7 is Bigger, Better and More Badass

• Thread starter DarthMosco
  • 144 comments
I know.. I was just expecting, or rather hoping he would shed more light on the *sound in GT7* since he's somewhat spilling the beans on all the other stuff.

Let's wait it out and see.

To be honest, GT 7 will be like Nokia and Microsoft which both completely missed the boat on smartphones and tablets.

As a loyal GT series fan for years, I'm already saving money for PS4 in anticipation for PCars especially when they claim they will have the largest roster of tracks when the game launches. PCars might forever change the Console racing game which I do hope that it'll bring Kaz back from the moon. (Pun intended) :lol:

We get it, toko. GT6 is incomplete, a beta, an unfinished, poorly done game with meager updates of things that should have been in from the start.

I wonder how many times a day you have to repeat the same thing? I really dont understand why a guy who has such issue with GT even bothers discussing it.
Unless PD stops selling us incomplete GT titles, I'll never stop saying that. So, deal with it. Also, you got a problem with me discussing GT? It's not that I have a issue with it like you and some seem to think. It's just I know very well that Kaz and PD are much better than what they did with GT5 & GT6. This is a title I been supporting since GT2, and it really disappoints me to see where its going and how PD is operating nowadays. So how about you stop reading my posts if you don't agree with my opinions and such.

Last edited:
To be honest, GT 7 will be like Nokia and Microsoft which both completely missed the boat on smartphones and tablets.

As a loyal GT series fan for years, I'm already saving money for PS4 in anticipation for PCars especially when they claim they will have the largest roster of tracks when the game launches. PCars might forever change the Console racing game which I do hope that it'll bring Kaz back from the moon. (Pun intended) :lol:
Well atleast PD is still in touch with fans by bits compared to those dirty white coats (Yes, Nokia is now Microsoft Devices, literally)

Still hope the hype delivers though. GT6 is fun enough but still feels like a literal GT5 Spec 4.

Unless PD stops selling us incomplete GT titles, I'll never stop saying that. So, deal with it. Also, you got a problem with me discussing GT? It's not that I have a issue with it like you and some seem to think. It's just I know very well that Kaz and PD are much better than what they did with GT5 & GT6. This is a title I been supporting since GT2, and it really disappoints me to see where its going and how PD is operating nowadays. So how about you stop reading my posts if you don't agree with my opinions and such.
Because you spam up every thread, every comments section with the same, repetitive, whiny crap. I'm getting positively sick of the troll force showing up to hammer nonconstructive, uninteresting posts that we've all heard a billion times before, that add nothing to any form of discussion. I don't want to single you out here, in fact I feel bad doing so, because there are so many who do just this.

The GT6 section is turning GTP, all the general discussion, all the helpfulness and friendliness I remember from just a few years back when I was scanning through the forums after discovering it, into something that goes against what GTPlanet was set up to do. All the rules we have, the non-stop hard work on the site from everyone involved running it who do the most incredible job of any forum I've ever come across on the internet, feels like it's going to waste when we have one side - arguably the most important side, the one the whole community was founded upon - falling into a trap of bad attitudes, and incessant whinging and trolling.

I am not saying don't criticise where needs be. It's vital in good discussion. Whilst I feel GT6 is a fantastic game, I understand that a lot are not satisfied with a lot of the things it offers. That's fine by me. I too feel that the GT series could be even greater. It's just I don't feel the need to attack every thread that comes up with nonsense, and watch valid compliments get drowned in a wave of incessant misery.

The GT6 section, as well as certain parts of it in particular, has become a laughing stock to other parts of the community. It's viewed as the joke part of the site, the place where everything this community doesn't stand for comes to fester. We have some amazing threads, people and attitudes buried in there, but the problem is they're being buried. With our current rate of regression, we're going to see them get buried further. If only people could step back, and see what remarks are being made about the current state of this section, it may just put it out there to them that change needs to happen. It's sad this has to be said. It's sad that we have to joke around with a "brain cell loss" warning. But it's a sad truth.

I made a pact to never go in the areas of discussion again, because they spiral into cringe worthiness at best. I came back to see if some attitudes had changed, but it's the same old stuff. Personally, GTP has a fantastic image because of the incredible community it is. That is why we have an influx of new members. I just feel as though around half of those members will have signed up to do the "lol pd ur crap BroKEn promi ses all the fanboys keep defending kaz" dance all over the comments, and threads, and status updates, and so on and so forth. I also don't want this to be the general image we're giving out to new members who'd like to contribute sensibly, who have great things to give.

Consider my rant over. I know this'll probably get brushed past, ignored by many who it targets, but it's a collective of the viewpoints of mine and a large percentage of other people. I speak on behalf of them on this, in saying - just give it some thought please.

hsv
Because you spam up every thread, every comments section with the same, repetitive, whiny crap. I'm getting positively sick of the troll force showing up to hammer nonconstructive, uninteresting posts that we've all heard a billion times before, that add nothing to any form of discussion. I don't want to single you out here, in fact I feel bad doing so, because there are so many who do just this.

The GT6 section is turning GTP, all the general discussion, all the helpfulness and friendliness I remember from just a few years back when I was scanning through the forums after discovering it, into something that goes against what GTPlanet was set up to do. All the rules we have, the non-stop hard work on the site from everyone involved running it who do the most incredible job of any forum I've ever come across on the internet, feels like it's going to waste when we have one side - arguably the most important side, the one the whole community was founded upon - falling into a trap of bad attitudes, and incessant whinging and trolling.

I am not saying don't criticise where needs be. It's vital in good discussion. Whilst I feel GT6 is a fantastic game, I understand that a lot are not satisfied with a lot of the things it offers. That's fine by me. I too feel that the GT series could be even greater. It's just I don't feel the need to attack every thread that comes up with nonsense, and watch valid compliments get drowned in a wave of incessant misery.

The GT6 section, as well as certain parts of it in particular, has become a laughing stock to other parts of the community. It's viewed as the joke part of the site, the place where everything this community doesn't stand for comes to fester. We have some amazing threads, people and attitudes buried in there, but the problem is they're being buried. With our current rate of regression, we're going to see them get buried further. If only people could step back, and see what remarks are being made about the current state of this section, it may just put it out there to them that change needs to happen. It's sad this has to be said. It's sad that we have to joke around with a "brain cell loss" warning. But it's a sad truth.

I made a pact to never go in the areas of discussion again, because they spiral into cringe worthiness at best. I came back to see if some attitudes had changed, but it's the same old stuff. Personally, GTP has a fantastic image because of the incredible community it is. That is why we have an influx of new members. I just feel as though around half of those members will have signed up to do the "lol pd ur crap BroKEn promi ses all the fanboys keep defending kaz" dance all over the comments, and threads, and status updates, and so on and so forth. I also don't want this to be the general image we're giving out to new members who'd like to contribute sensibly, who have great things to give.

Consider my rant over. I know this'll probably get brushed past, ignored by many who it targets, but it's a collective of the viewpoints of mine and a large percentage of other people. I speak on behalf of them on this, in saying - just give it some thought please.
You know, I actually agree with you and respect your viewpoints. However, me and probably others can't accept with how Kaz and PD operates nowadays. When there are criticisms made, even being one's opinion and viewpoint, they still sometimes get shot down by some because "Oh you're so negative" or "You should be thankful for what you have, getting or given" or even "You're a hater". So how is that fair? I understand what you're saying, but I feel it's no different to what I'm saying. In fact, there is no difference between what both sides are saying, but is, as I said, one's opinion, even their viewpoint.

You should also know how frustrating it is when you have to deal with a company like PD, who have so much potential but aren't using it. I'm not singling only you either, but I feel you and others just want everybody who are disappointed and makes complaints, to just shut up and deal with what we have and are given. If you don't make any noice, how will others notice you? That's why there is whining here and there on this site, because the loyal fans who are whining and criticizing the GT series wants to be heard, especially the ones who have been with this series since GT1. Those who don't like the negativity of others opinions and viewpoints, you can't just flick a finger and boom, it stops, or try to shut them up. You have to talk or possibly whine in order to be heard, especially by companies like PD who are so, utterly difficult.

Again, I agree what you mentioned above, but you can blame Kaz and PD for separating the community since GT5 in the first place. I also hope you and others understand my viewpoint as well, because this is the best I can get to without sounding like a "whiner or hater", but something tells me you guys won't because "Oh Toko you're such a whiner go awaaaaay", like the ones liking your post... I feel I wasted my time typing this out because I know no one will care, due to me not being 100% postive all the time like in 2011. But hey, I tried. Don't bother replying back because I feel you probably would if I was "whiny and negative" right now.

Last edited:
I've posted this before elsewhere, but I thought it would work better over here... so here we go...

WARNING: The following post is full of rambling and extensive detail. Keep track of your sanity levels in order to survive reading this....
:gtpflag:

So, the recent interview with Kaz suggests that GT7 will push the boundaries of graphics, AI and physics to the next level. Physics and graphics were kind of obvious statements, but it's nice to hear that AI will receive improvements. The damage is said to be a feature that will be improved as well, which I honestly wasn't expecting, but again it's great to hear.

I suppose when you consider GT6 is being run by technology that dates back to 2008, we can safely assume that GT7 will be a fresh start for the series on next gen.

So... let's list the things that Kaz is promising for GT7 so far....

Enhanced graphics: in other words, none of the obvious and annoying graphical bugs from GT6. GT7 should be the best looking game on the PS4, just like GT5 was on the PS3 (in my opinion).

Improved sound: In theory, the majority of the vehicles will receive sound overhauls with recordings of actual engine sounds.... The Audi Sport Quattro S1 Rally Car '86 especially needs this treatment!!!! :grumpy:

Increased AI Intelligence: Kaz has now promised the AI will be better in GT7. It better stay this way.

More Realistic Physics: The driving physics in GT6 are the best we've seen in the series so far. I honestly wouldn't mind if it was unchanged for GT7. But, if there's room for improvement (which is apparently the case) PD are unlikely to hesitate. We could definitely do with better car rolling physics. They're pretty shocking in GT6. When cars roll over multiple times, it's supposed to be dramatic... right? :rolleyes:

Better Damage: I'm not sure what Kaz thinks 'improved damage' is in a GT game, but we can be hopeful that cosmetic and mechanical damage will receive tweaks to increase immersion. Let's hope such a feature makes the single player too!

Extended Photo Mode Options: We should have the ability to be more creative with Photo Mode/Photo Travel than we ever have before in the series with GT7. Fingers crossed we will get a larger selection of more interesting locations for GT7. GT6's photo travel was simply disappointing.

An Even Bigger selection of cars: The fact that standard cars are staying, and that more premium cars are planned, we can safely assume that GT7 will only expand on it's already huge selection of cars. So, us GT fans are unlikely to be disappointed, unlike what happened with Forza 5 ;). But seriously, with more cars, consistency should be bettered as well. I doubt GT7 will be 100% consistent (with many cars lacking interiors), but upping the number of premiums will slowly but surely phase the 'standard' cars out. GT7's standard cars should receive some exterior upgrades, so they look satisfactory for the PS4, even if they lack interiors. PS2 quality cars will not be acceptable on the PS4!

Now let's consider the things that haven't been talked about much by Kaz regarding GT7.

More Tracks: Obviously, the track selection will be addressed in GT7. The question is, which tracks will make the list, and which ones will go? Hopefully, none of the tracks currently in GT6 will disappear. Just like the car selection, GT7's track list should expand, not narrow down. I recall GT4 having the most number of tracks in the series to this day. My hope is GT7 will surpass this, and give us more tracks we could ever dream of. Personally, I would like to see more original tracks from past GT games (such as Seattle and Midfield Raceway) along with brand new ones, more real life tracks, and a full scale return of classic rally courses from GT4. I was disappointed at the lack of any new rally courses in GT6.

Customization: I think the main demand regarding customization is a livery editor. I can see why. Livery editors for racing games have proven to be very addictive and interesting features, allowing us to personalize our cars, or recreate cars from movies or famous racing teams. I hope a livery editor is put into GT7. Though I doubt all cars will be compatible, it will give those that are are great personal touch, that will send the online community wild in creativity. Aside from a livery editor, I'm sure we'd all like to see more cosmetic and performance customization options. I doubt GT7 will compare well to other games in the customization department, but every little helps. A few things I'd like to see include engine swaps, window tinting, custom steering wheels and the return of horns(because everyone loved them in GT5 ;)) Lastly, PD should get rid of paint chips! In GT7 I should be able to buy every available paint in the game, without painstakingly collecting them.

Career mode: Nothing has been said about an improved career mode experience. I know GT7 is nowhere near release, but even now, this concerns me a little. GT6's career mode was not only short, but I thought its change in structure was a backwards step. Lets go back to GT2. That game had tons of events and great variety. GT6 does not. PD should recap on the events they came up with for GT2, 3 and 4, and use these as primary inspiration when piecing together each individual event for GT7. With the PS4, PD could easily make a career mode that matches/surpasses the length and variety of GT4's. Have the career mode split into categories for different Motorsport disciplines. From a Beginners category, to Endurance, Karting, NASCAR and Rally categories. In addition, licence tests should be made separate to the career mode events, like they were in GT games of old. Licence tests should consist of way more exams, and should be more challenging than they were in GT6. There should be a licence test for each category in the career mode. So if I wanted to compete in NASCAR events for instance, I would not only have to save up money to buy my own NASCAR, I would also have to complete the NASCAR licence test.

I would make more points, but I think that's enough for this post. If you survived reading this, congratulations! If you just scrolled directly to the bottom, I can understand why.... :cheers:

You know, I actually agree with you and respect your viewpoints. However, me and probably others can't accept with how Kaz and PD operates nowadays. When there are criticisms made, even being one's opinion and viewpoint, they still sometimes get shot down by some because "Oh you're so negative" or "You should be thankful for what you have, getting or given" or even "You're a hater". So how is that fair? I understand what you're saying, but I feel it's no different to what I'm saying. In fact, there is no difference between what both sides are saying, but is, as I said, one's opinion, even their viewpoint.

You should also know how frustrating it is when you have to deal with a company like PD, who have so much potential but aren't using it. I'm not singling only you either, but I feel you and others just want everybody who are disappointed and makes complaints, to just shut up and deal with what we have and are given. If you don't make any noice, how will others notice you? That's why there is whining here and there on this site, because the loyal fans who are whining and criticizing the GT series wants to be heard, especially the ones who have been with this series since GT1. Those who don't like the negativity of others opinions and viewpoints, you can't just flick a finger and boom, it stops, or try to shut them up. You have to talk or possibly whine in order to be heard, especially by companies like PD who are so, utterly difficult.

Again, I agree what you mentioned above, but you can blame Kaz and PD for separating the community since GT5 in the first place. I also hope you and others understand my viewpoint as well, because this is the best I can get to without sounding like a "whiner or hater", but something tells me you guys won't because "Oh Toko you're such a whiner go awaaaaay", like the ones liking your post... I feel I wasted my time typing this out because I know no one will care, due to me not being 100% postive all the time like in 2011. But hey, I tried.
No offence Toko, but I think a lot of people have trouble believing anything you say now because of how much a turncoat you seem to be.

You were positive about GT right up until the Negativitrons hit full speed. :indiff:

No offence Toko, but I think a lot of people have trouble believing anything you say now because of how much a turncoat you seem to be.

You were positive about GT right up until the Negativitrons hit full speed. :indiff:
That's what I mean. Their not going to bother because of how negative and whiny I've become. It was no point in me writing that out then. Time consumed for nothing. Like I said above, I tried.

Last edited:
honestly, that not a bad job. like at all. especially if its GT

So you just like spending $60 for a beta? Honestly the fact that we paid $60 for what is a beta should make most here upset. I just want PD to get the picture that people are unhappy with the product they've gotten. Even if it take 5 pages or more.

I mean looking at the state of the updates I don't care about Vision GT unless they fix the flaws of the actual game like A.I THAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING. For crying out loud No matter if it's an Arcade racing game or simulation or simcade everyone knows A.I A.I A.I.

I've posted this before elsewhere, but I thought it would work better over here... so here we go...

WARNING: The following post is full of rambling and extensive detail. Keep track of your sanity levels in order to survive reading this....
:gtpflag:

So, the recent interview with Kaz suggests that GT7 will push the boundaries of graphics, AI and physics to the next level. Physics and graphics were kind of obvious statements, but it's nice to hear that AI will receive improvements. The damage is said to be a feature that will be improved as well, which I honestly wasn't expecting, but again it's great to hear.

I suppose when you consider GT6 is being run by technology that dates back to 2008, we can safely assume that GT7 will be a fresh start for the series on next gen.

So... let's list the things that Kaz is promising for GT7 so far....

Enhanced graphics: in other words, none of the obvious and annoying graphical bugs from GT6. GT7 should be the best looking game on the PS4, just like GT5 was on the PS3 (in my opinion).

Improved sound: In theory, the majority of the vehicles will receive sound overhauls with recordings of actual engine sounds.... The Audi Sport Quattro S1 Rally Car '86 especially needs this treatment!!!! :grumpy:

Increased AI Intelligence: Kaz has now promised the AI will be better in GT7. It better stay this way.

More Realistic Physics: The driving physics in GT6 are the best we've seen in the series so far. I honestly wouldn't mind if it was unchanged for GT7. But, if there's room for improvement (which is apparently the case) PD are unlikely to hesitate. We could definitely do with better car rolling physics. They're pretty shocking in GT6. When cars roll over multiple times, it's supposed to be dramatic... right? :rolleyes:

Better Damage: I'm not sure what Kaz thinks 'improved damage' is in a GT game, but we can be hopeful that cosmetic and mechanical damage will receive tweaks to increase immersion. Let's hope such a feature makes the single player too!

Extended Photo Mode Options: We should have the ability to be more creative with Photo Mode/Photo Travel than we ever have before in the series with GT7. Fingers crossed we will get a larger selection of more interesting locations for GT7. GT6's photo travel was simply disappointing.

An Even Bigger selection of cars: The fact that standard cars are staying, and that more premium cars are planned, we can safely assume that GT7 will only expand on it's already huge selection of cars. So, us GT fans are unlikely to be disappointed, unlike what happened with Forza 5 ;). But seriously, with more cars, consistency should be bettered as well. I doubt GT7 will be 100% consistent (with many cars lacking interiors), but upping the number of premiums will slowly but surely phase the 'standard' cars out. GT7's standard cars should receive some exterior upgrades, so they look satisfactory for the PS4, even if they lack interiors. PS2 quality cars will not be acceptable on the PS4!

Now let's consider the things that haven't been talked about much by Kaz regarding GT7.

More Tracks: Obviously, the track selection will be addressed in GT7. The question is, which tracks will make the list, and which ones will go? Hopefully, none of the tracks currently in GT6 will disappear. Just like the car selection, GT7's track list should expand, not narrow down. I recall GT4 having the most number of tracks in the series to this day. My hope is GT7 will surpass this, and give us more tracks we could ever dream of. Personally, I would like to see more original tracks from past GT games (such as Seattle and Midfield Raceway) along with brand new ones, more real life tracks, and a full scale return of classic rally courses from GT4. I was disappointed at the lack of any new rally courses in GT6.

Customization: I think the main demand regarding customization is a livery editor. I can see why. Livery editors for racing games have proven to be very addictive and interesting features, allowing us to personalize our cars, or recreate cars from movies or famous racing teams. I hope a livery editor is put into GT7. Though I doubt all cars will be compatible, it will give those that are are great personal touch, that will send the online community wild in creativity. Aside from a livery editor, I'm sure we'd all like to see more cosmetic and performance customization options. I doubt GT7 will compare well to other games in the customization department, but every little helps. A few things I'd like to see include engine swaps, window tinting, custom steering wheels and the return of horns(because everyone loved them in GT5 ;)) Lastly, PD should get rid of paint chips! In GT7 I should be able to buy every available paint in the game, without painstakingly collecting them.

Career mode: Nothing has been said about an improved career mode experience. I know GT7 is nowhere near release, but even now, this concerns me a little. GT6's career mode was not only short, but I thought its change in structure was a backwards step. Lets go back to GT2. That game had tons of events and great variety. GT6 does not. PD should recap on the events they came up with for GT2, 3 and 4, and use these as primary inspiration when piecing together each individual event for GT7. With the PS4, PD could easily make a career mode that matches/surpasses the length and variety of GT4's. Have the career mode split into categories for different Motorsport disciplines. From a Beginners category, to Endurance, Karting, NASCAR and Rally categories. In addition, licence tests should be made separate to the career mode events, like they were in GT games of old. Licence tests should consist of way more exams, and should be more challenging than they were in GT6. There should be a licence test for each category in the career mode. So if I wanted to compete in NASCAR events for instance, I would not only have to save up money to buy my own NASCAR, I would also have to complete the NASCAR licence test.

I would make more points, but I think that's enough for this post. If you survived reading this, congratulations! If you just scrolled directly to the bottom, I can understand why.... :cheers:
Like you and many of us, we do share and have a lot of ideas for a game series that we grew up with. I remember quite vividly that the early days of GT1 I was dreaming about the day that most of us will have steering wheels at home that have the FFB as strong as Sega's Daytona Arcade Wheel. Took almost 20 years until T500RS in 2011.

I couldn't agree more especially with the physics part. Not sure what happened with the GT5's physics engine and development decisions for something that lasted only one generation of the game for the same console platform that took 4 years to develop. I'll be happy if they keep GT6 physics as a foundation and really do spend much more time investing on fan requested features and make improvements that will be terrific like AI, sound, career mode, online features etc. and not to mentioned that to keep it consistently 60fps at Full HD since 4K gameplay will definitely not be possible on PS4.

Anyway, you can only add so much more gloss with fancy lightning etc. At the end of the day, after years of negligence on all other areas of the game, it's time to make one that is more complete and I really hope that it will be GT7.

Last edited:
My point wasn't that you seem to follow the trend of whatever will make you 'fit in'.
Edit: Let's start that again.

I'm not sure what trend you think I'm following to fit myself in. Such as?...

I don't want to be a nuisance of bringing down this lovely franchise that can do no wrong. So I say go Kaz and PD, because you guys are the best developers in the whole wide world. Criticism is so last year, positive respones is where it's at.

Last edited:
@hsv -- To be fair, this part of GTPlanet is also notorious for its rampant and combative optimism -- something to which @TokoTurismo might admit he once played a part. The "negativitrons" as @Classic put it are a more recent development, a trend that grew out of the post-release period of GT5, when impressionable members picked up the criticisms that game deserved and ran with them to illogical ends: a mirror image of the "defense force".

The fact that there are now two distinct halves to the silliness is what makes this section of the website so pitifully toxic. It's a warzone, and any balanced viewpoint lands in crossfire.

The fact that there are now two distinct halves to the silliness is what makes this section of the website so pitifully toxic. It's a warzone, and any balanced viewpoint lands in crossfire.
That's what I find sad. I long for this to return to being a tranquil and balanced section of the site; a proper community who contribute together. It's just I worry about the implications the current state of the site is having on its image; and in consequence the rest of the site.

@hsv -- To be fair, this part of GTPlanet is also notorious for its rampant and combative optimism -- something to which @TokoTurismo might admit he once played a part. The "negativitrons" as @Classic put it are a more recent development, a trend that grew out of the post-release period of GT5, when impressionable members picked up the criticisms that game deserved and ran with them to illogical ends: a mirror image of the "defense force".
This. I heard a lot of things during GT5's release, and how the "defence force" were there shooting every single point down that was made criticizing that game. I too, admit was a part of that force as well.
And it seems to be continuing here also due to a certain someone who I'm not going to mention getting annoyed with what I wrote... This section of the site really is silly.

@TokoTurismo @AudiMan2011 @Tornado

Bingo!
Negativitron.png

LittileBigPlanet is one of my favorite series. :D

Back