Kaz interview from 8/8/2014 - GT7 is Bigger, Better and More Badass

• Thread starter DarthMosco
  • 144 comments
If you're talking about another console game that can stand up to all of the "features" GT5 had, GT6 certainly isn't one of them; so it's kinda moot.
I said at the time gt5 was released. I never denied GT6 has features missing, but it does have features added. The biggest missing feature imo is track generator.

See the tone here is always "gt is going backwards". But the size and the things touched on in gt are vast. It may be going backwards to some, but imo its improving in lots of areas. GT7 may not touch on everything people want, but Im sure its going to be a great game. Im hoping the best in the series.

Everything else you said about GT4 is correct, but there is one thing I don't agree with you on GT5/6. They don't have better gameplay, and neither does GT4. That belongs to GT3.
Opinions arent facts. You dont agree, thats fine. 'Gameplay' in my definition is how the actual racing plays out. Its smoothness, the feel. Not career or b-spec.
Sorry, are you drunk? Just because GT4 is my favorite GT title, doesn't mean I can't admit the flaws it had. Unlike you who is saying GT5/6 are better, and yet you can't admit there just as flawed as GT4. Now that is irony. YOU need to stop pretending to be blind, you're not making youself look any smarter.
Youre full of yourself. You must have read two sentences of my reply to come to the conclusion I think gt has no flaws. Whats that joke of a response for? You question someone's soberness and intellect to form an argument based off a false assumption. Thats classic.

Who cares if qualifying is in online? It pretty much proves that GT6's AI is THAT bad and PD isn't too bothered to improve in that area, which must be why there is no qualifying offline. Like many has mentioned in other threads, the AI is SLOW.

Hey, you can continue to talk talk talk all you want, because I'm pretty much done here. Have a nice day.
You just proved my point, and basically repeated the same thing I said; "it's the AI". If you think the AI has ever been good in GT then your idea of 'good' is questionable. That goes for anyone. Maybe in relation to other GT games, but still bad. Which begs the question, why do you need qualifying against such bad AI? Its a useless feature in this game offline unless you actually have a hard time beating the computer. Starting last at least gives you somewhat of a challenge. You end up qualifying first judging by the AI's speed. Unless theres a radical change coming in an update. So whats the use of having it with the slow AI? IMO its useless except online until they change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow guys why so many hate on Toko and other guys that complaints about GT? Whatever happened to respecting each others viewpoint and accepting others opinion? People make complaints because they want the best out of the product they bought (even if it means regularely complaining) Yes people should understand the situation that Kaz and PD are in, but also as much as I have respect for Kazunori Yamauchi he needed to start interacting with the community long ago. We can all have opinions and viewpoints as to how we want a product to be, theres no need for personal attacks on others opinions. Theres no such thing as good or bad opinions they are simply "OPINIONS". Good day to you all! 👍
:gtpflag:

You earned all my respect @SDSPOWER01. 👍 Can I just quote your post to repeat on that? :)

Wow guys why so many hate on Toko and other guys that complaints about GT? Whatever happened to respecting each others viewpoint and accepting others opinion? People make complaints because they want the best out of the product they bought (even if it means regularely complaining) Yes people should understand the situation that Kaz and PD are in, but also as much as I have respect for Kazunori Yamauchi he needed to start interacting with the community long ago. We can all have opinions and viewpoints as to how we want a product to be, theres no need for personal attacks on others opinions. Theres no such thing as good or bad opinions they are simply "OPINIONS". Good day to you all! 👍

I still love the GT series, but I really wish Kaz didn't get sucked in on his fame and made GT less of a game, which is one of my reasons why I'm sooo... You know, grumpy. And I agree, Kaz should interact with fans more, and base his game on their feedback, because we and others outside this site still care and hope GT can improve. Cheers man. :cheers:

See @hsv and @trustjab? Why can't you two be like that? :sly:

This. 👍

It's just a forum with opinions being posted and a general discussion on games we love. So let's respect everybody's and keep it civil. :)

Wow, you need to be given a medal (not sarcasm), seriously though, it's about time someone injects a bit of common sense into this whole situation with GT6. 👍

Qualifying exists online.
And that's great for those who mainly play online. I don't however, since I spend most of my time offline.
You want qualifying against a weak AI? That lets you start up front and hot-lap like I explained. Something people also criticize. The root problem is AI. Not everyone can get it right. Any issue gt has can be explained. Thats not to say that is an excuse, but to act like gt is alone in that regard is false.
I understand your point and I actually do agree. I just pointed out why I miss it and would like to see it return. I mean, why on earth would anyone want to qualify against the racing genre's slowest rubber-banded AI? Obviously, the need for qualifying is therefore nil.

But once again, it has been a design choice by PD. Certainly, there are hardware limitations involved in the decisions made, but it's also something that they could've worked around: see RedBull X Challenges, for instance.

I said at the time gt5 was released. I never denied GT6 has features missing, but it does have features added. The biggest missing feature imo is track generator.

See the tone here is always "gt is going backwards". But the size and the things touched on in gt are vast. It may be going backwards to some, but imo its improving in lots of areas. GT7 may not touch on everything people want, but Im sure its going to be a great game. Im hoping the best in the series.

The only thing I've truly seen improved on is Physics Department that's about it.

Wow, you need to be given a medal (not sarcasm), seriously though, it's about time someone injects a bit of common sense into this whole situation with GT6. 👍
The reason I posted this is because alot of times somebody complaints the "PD defence force" or "ultra hardcore fanboys" gets annoyed and start with insulting or getting annoyed for I dont know what reason. I too have complaints here and there but I just happen to be a very patient guy, its just come to show that I want to see the Good on both sides and the opinions should not insult or attack the others viewpoint and thoughts (cause hey everybody is different right?) One should not feel intimidated when someone else complains about something.The solution is easy If you don't like do not reply.

I myself am a big fan of the series so dont get the wrong idea!

The only thing I've truly seen improved on is Physics Department that's about it.
What about customization? Gt4 only had rear wings and wheels. No livery editor unfortunately.

What about graphics? No cockpit in gt4. Yeah gt5&6 have lots of standards, sure, but more 'premium' cars than just about any console race game.

Imo, livery editor, track and event creator, more 'new cars' (premium), further customization and tuning options would set the bar for race games. Just adding a few features they already had plans for but left out would be an awesome game.

We have evidence of what they wanted to do with that famous picture. Ps4 should let them achieve those goals. The question now is, do they meet them?

What about customization? Gt4 only had rear wings and wheels. No livery editor unfortunately.

What about graphics? No cockpit in gt4. Yeah gt5&6 have lots of standards, sure, but more 'premium' cars than just about any console race game.

Imo, livery editor, track and event creator, more 'new cars' (premium), further customization and tuning options would set the bar for race games. Just adding a few features they already had plans for but left out would be an awesome game.

We have evidence of what they wanted to do with that famous picture. Ps4 should let them achieve those goals. The question now is, do they meet them?

Neither of those three games I care about the customization because I've seen better through Arcade Racers.

Graphics the cockpit okay I mentioned earlier that the cockpit views for GT5 and GT6 for me are terrible when I had them barely used them. Best Cockpits for racing game I remember in my lifetime were Need for Speed Porsche Unleashed and Midnight Club LA along with F1 2012(then again that's not fair seeing as open car regardless).

Look say this time and again it doesn't matter if you got 600 premium cars vs the competition the car list is heavily unbalanced badly.

Look when I play racing games no matter what it is I want to go fast honestly at one point it's cool to see an everyday car, but after awhile again even in GT3-GT6 I was after the BMW's, Aston Martin's, or Nissan GT-R, and didn't give too craps about the everyday cars.

Personally Imo I don't want to see a car like the Ford Focus but give me a Ford Mustang that's fine for me.

What if we get to PS4 and it's the same story which it could be? I mean saying PS3 was hard to develop for with GT5 we all gave that a pass looking back GT5 was bad, but more on a mediocre side then just strictly bad, but GT6 having that excuse twice doesn't cut it. I mean for pete's sake you couldn't take notes from Codemasters or SOMEONE IT DOESN'T MATTER ANYONE AT THIS POINT!

I still believe to this day that PD/Kaz let their arrogance get the best of them not the PS3 that was the fall back when both games did not perform that well or received the backlash they got, and still do get now.

As my last statement to PD CUT OUT THE FAT! Give me 700 Great/Excellent Cars not 1200 filled with only 100-250 that I might ever touch. That's why I missed GT3 150 was great(never palyed GT2) I actually raced in most of the 150 cars that were on there.

Neither of those three games I care about the customization because I've seen better through Arcade Racers.

Graphics the cockpit okay I mentioned earlier that the cockpit views for GT5 and GT6 for me are terrible when I had them barely used them. Best Cockpits for racing game I remember in my lifetime were Need for Speed Porsche Unleashed and Midnight Club LA along with F1 2012(then again that's not fair seeing as open car regardless).

Look say this time and again it doesn't matter if you got 600 premium cars vs the competition the car list is heavily unbalanced badly.

Look when I play racing games no matter what it is I want to go fast honestly at one point it's cool to see an everyday car, but after awhile again even in GT3-GT6 I was after the BMW's, Aston Martin's, or Nissan GT-R, and didn't give too craps about the everyday cars.

Personally Imo I don't want to see a car like the Ford Focus but give me a Ford Mustang that's fine for me.

What if we get to PS4 and it's the same story which it could be? I mean saying PS3 was hard to develop for with GT5 we all gave that a pass looking back GT5 was bad, but more on a mediocre side then just strictly bad, but GT6 having that excuse twice doesn't cut it. I mean for pete's sake you couldn't take notes from Codemasters or SOMEONE IT DOESN'T MATTER ANYONE AT THIS POINT!

I still believe to this day that PD/Kaz let their arrogance get the best of them not the PS3 that was the fall back when both games did not perform that well or received the backlash they got, and still do get now.

As my last statement to PD CUT OUT THE FAT! Give me 700 Great/Excellent Cars not 1200 filled with only 100-250 that I might ever touch. That's why I missed GT3 150 was great(never palyed GT2) I actually raced in most of the 150 cars that were on there.

Did you just complain about the car list being unbalanced and then complain about having regular cars? What?

All these features are in online though. Does this mean GT is going more in an online direction at the expense of offline carrer mode? Damn, I really miss the old GT's good offline feeling..
I personally wish they would do like Forza 4 in regards to the online and career (offline) racing. I like how Forza has plenty of Online choices when it comes to races. The offline I like because even after career mode is done which I feel is a quite lengthy there are still like almost 100 races to do and there setup so that you use 80% of the cars in the game (like more model specific races) so unlike gt you have to use cars that in gt justget shuffled down the garage list and forgotten about becuse in gt you can complete the career mode only using a handful of cars when the game has 1300+ cars available. I also like the mixed class races. So I love GT I just think Frza just out did them when it comesto career mode offline and the customizing avilable in online races. It would be cool if GT would do something like rivals mode in Forza 4 it always gives you something new to in tryig to outdo rivals times and stay ontop tbe leaderboard. Anyway just my opinion.

The fact that there are now two distinct halves to the silliness is what makes this section of the website so pitifully toxic. It's a warzone, and any balanced viewpoint lands in crossfire.
Hardly, unless you mean that anything that isn't harshly critical of GT6 is quickly pounced on as defensive.

I've been accused of having nothing negative to say about Gran Turismo. For instance, that I've said that all other games have overly aggressive bots, which is flatly untrue.

Sure, my balance is heavily slanted in favor of Gran Turismo, Polyphony and Kaz, but these are indications commonly associated with being a fan. And jeepers, why would a fan of Gran Turismo join a GT fan site? ;)

There's definitely something off balance though, and that's the critical side. Just ponder this nugget I posted in another thread:
Valid points get completely ground underfoot when people criticize by making harsh, overdone statements. "The cars sound like vacuum cleaners/pencil sharpeners/weed eaters/ripped nylons/mad gerbils/etc."

People mention tipping points, and there's another one where a certain crowd can't say anything good about the game. Can't seem to hold back when someone wants to make a post about something they enjoy about GT6, and tries to inform the universe how wrong headed the previous post was.

Or they're so outraged over the game that they proclaim that they're done with the series, have moved on to other racers because they're done with the series, and hang around routinely reminding everyone that they're done with the series. But will post occasionally things they'd like to see improved, even though they're so done with the series.

This is what's so discouraging to us, that we see a game which is imperfect and want it to be improved, and celebrate what's good about it. Some of you say you want it improved too, but it's hard to tell when some of your remarks almost sound hateful, and some posts are rather derogatory. When supposedly we both want the same thing. Sometimes, it doesn't show.

The game is rotten. The sounds are crap. The bots suck. The physics are wrong. The Standards are ugly. Offline is rubbish. Online is garbage. Every other racer is better. How can anyone with any sense like this?

Is this out of line? Well, let me ask you guys this. How many posts in the sound threads have read like this?

"Some of the cars have pretty bad samples, but some of them do sound rather good." "Some of the cars just need a little more grunt, and they'd be dandy."

And how many sound like this?

"The cars all sound like vacuum cleaners." "They sound so bad it hurts my ears." "I can't play it because the sounds are so terrible."

How many posts resemble these examples? Which one more? And which one sounds like someone encouraging PD to work on improvements? How many of you tell your wives and girlfriends that their cooking is pretty bad, and expect them to know that you have their best interests at heart?
Zuku posted that he didn't appreciate paying $60 for a GT6 beta. Even though everyone knew that GT6 would be released unfinished, and we'd be at PD's mercy as to when they got things updated.

In my case, I was growing tired of GT5 and its flaws: the XP system, B-Spec bots which were reluctant to win, enduros which got insanely long with no way to save mid-race, Race Mod with only 17 cars you can mod up - and with a pathetic livery, a paint shop with no freaking paint, and several other issues. I needed GT6 badly. And I'm still glad I have it. The reason being that other racing games just don't cut it for me, or for millions of other gamers. It's still the best selling racer out on PS3, so clearly it's doing something right, even though it's hard to tell from the attitude around here.

Try and discuss why the sounds aren't bad, or you want the Standard cars and tracks in GT7, or how you manage to have fun racing the bots in single player, or dream about what's coming in GT6 and 7, and be ready to have a few restless natives tell you how wrong headed you are and why you're the reason Gran Turismo never improves.

I like our side more, because even fans of the series have a wide range of views. Some love the Standards, others want them gone, or at least improved. Some are mad for the Livery Editor and Race Mod, others don't care or are afraid of the editor. Some can't wait for the Course Maker, some couldn't care less. Some want the Event Maker right now, others would rather have a better online build, more A-Spec Events and Arcade like it was in GT5. Some want damage like Forza, some prefer the basic stuff we have in GT6 now, maybe a little more. Some like me want an incredibly deep career, in my case an actual Career Mode, a sim-like FIA GT Pro. Others would be fine with GT2, 3 and 4 morphed together.

And when we discuss things, we don't start fights. Usually. ;)

So if you want to know who's causing a lot of the hub-bub here, it's not our side. Usually...

There is an ongoing tug of war here, between GT1-4 fans and those who appear to be GT5&6 fans.
Passionate opinions are held on both sides.
That being the case, some clashes are inevitable.

No surprise, I'm of the former group.
I'll go out on a limb here, and say that most of that group, believe GT is going backwards as far as many key elements of the game.
Most of which made us fans to begin with.
There in lies a "back against the wall" desperation that sees the reasons to believe, so to speak, disappearing at an alarming rate.

That being the case, when it is percieved by the former, that the latter are sugar coating and making baseless excuses for the many shortcomings of GT5&6, the latter inadvertently, become part of the problem, not the solution.

Often then its game on.
But that is just the nature of this struggle.
I try to remain civil, even when Ten D does start a fight. ;)

Last edited:

Every comment on this site is only an opinion of the person writing it. There will never be a perfecg game because people dont like the samething or think the same thing is important. IMO I think GT5 was far from a bad game and GT6 isnt a bad game I think people just had unrealistic expectations or it seems they wanted a whole new game. I think GT6 is getting a bad rap because now more than ever there is more competition in racing games (sims and arcade) and some people like things other games did or did different than GT6. its an opinion and does not mae GT6 a bad game. Now i dont agree tha misnight club la has superior cockpit view than . As for the cars What drew me to GT in the first place was the fact that tbeh were the first game that gave you the chance to drive everyday cars. I love driving focuss, civics, integras, minis, little suzukis, opels, tvrs, volvos and such. I dont enjoy having my only options to be high horsepower highspeed big winged race cars I likeracing at 180-200 mph but also and probobly more so like racing at 100-150 mph speeds too. I think more customizing and liverg options would be and maey should be by now be in GT6 but to me itdont ruin the game. The premium standard thing is up in the air of course it would be great if every car had a cockpit view as I race in tha view also but it doesnt mae or break the game for me and same as sounds. I think some cars have too many models in game (miata, s2k, skyline, evos) and I think there are some keycars that are not available at all race cars and everyday cars. So its all personal opinions and everybody haves them andsome are very good points others are just being rediculous(?) but that doesnt make gt a bad game. It wouldnt be around or have the relationship with car manufactures tha it does if it was a bad game Id say it looks like manufactures seeit s a good investment having there name involved with gt. I also think the basing of Kaz and Pd is unnecessary they put there all into these games for us to play.

I never denied GT6 has features missing, but it does have features added. The biggest missing feature imo is track generator.
To me the biggest missing feature is not having all options available in all game modes (standing starts, mechanical damage, tire wear, etc). The lack of those basic options totally ruins offline racing, having online isn't an excuse for not having a decent offline mode. GT6 has cars & tracks but it doesn't have racing.

Did you just complain about the car list being unbalanced and then complain about having regular cars? What?

Nope when I'm saying it's unbalanced talking about the 100 skylines, or the fact that Nissan has so many pages worth of cars probably going to fast typing to clarify. Or even going more into depth the races itself I was disappointed with the Nascar stuff in GT5 or the WRC etc etc. I love rallying haven't been into it as far as GT goes since GT4, but loved it more so in GT3.

As for the Ford Focus to Ford Mustang argument I'm saying as much as it's cool to have the Focus after awhile it becomes a moot point as I'll be going for the Ford Mustang, and then there are other cars that are lesser than a Ford Focus that I never even touched, and certain many others haven't either.

Basically to sum it all up I'd rather have a good 500 car list then to have 1500 cars and most are crappy which in my honest opinion GT5 and GT6 did have.

@wudy201 Just like someone above you will state I am one of the fans of GT1-4. When GT5 came out I waited till Spec 2.0 was released to disappointment, but it wasn't so much disappointment that I couldn't be bothered to buy GT6.

But Tenacious D seems to think everyone knew what the shortcomings would be in GT6 here's my problem with that statement. I knew that certain features were withheld, but what I wasn't prepared for which no one was. Is the fact it's taking PD now to the day roughly 9 months to get simple things straighten out. Track Creator is the biggest and just other simple things that had been talked about for about a year or more now.

Last edited:
It would be cool if GT would do something like rivals mode in Forza 4 it always gives you something new to in tryig to outdo rivals times and stay ontop tbe leaderboard. Anyway just my opinion.
-_- Omg I'm not even gonna answer that, just google seasonal events... You obviously never played GT5

-_- Omg I'm not even gonna answer that, just google seasonal events... You obviously never played GT5
You had to beat a set of three pre-determined times; a gold, silver, and bronze. There was a leaderboard sure, but you had the check it as the game doesn't tell you automatically. In Forza you don't have predetermined times to beat but a player's leaderboard time instead that was always updating.

You had to beat a set of three pre-determined times; a gold, silver, and bronze. There was a leaderboard sure, but you had the check it as the game doesn't tell you automatically. In Forza you don't have predetermined times to beat but a player's leaderboard time instead that was always updating.
You can just download which ever data you'd like to beat on GT6, even in GT5 that was possible... I'm pretty sure that's how rivals worked, since I own both Forza 3 and 4, and even though I don't own 5, I think it was the first one to implement that constant improvement feature on rivals... Oh and GT6 has a pretty similar feature, the gost lines, which were great when I used to be one of the few in my friendslist to have GT6... Now It's just a bloody mess... Don't blame it on the game, blame it on me for adding so much ppl lol

In my case, I was growing tired of GT5 and its flaws: the XP system, B-Spec bots which were reluctant to win, enduros which got insanely long with no way to save mid-race, Race Mod with only 17 cars you can mod up - and with a pathetic livery, a paint shop with no freaking paint, and several other issues. I needed GT6 badly. And I'm still glad I have it.

I find it odd that several of those issues that caused you to grow tired with GT5 were addressed in GT6, by simply removing them.

B-Spec: gone.
Endurance races: gone.
Race mods: gone.

I fail to see how GT6 is a great thing to have, if it's not addressing the issues that so frustrated you with the previous version.

I find it odd that several of those issues that caused you to grow tired with GT5 were addressed in GT6, by simply removing them.

B-Spec: gone.
Endurance races: gone.
Race mods: gone.

I fail to see how GT6 is a great thing to have, if it's not addressing the issues that so frustrated you with the previous version.
I agree they aren't present right now, but they aren't gone, atleast I'm expecting B-spec and enduros, to be back, I think mainly the reason that enduros aren't in gt6 right now, is because pd probably wants to have the same a-spec/b-spec driver change as in GT4, it wouldn't make any sense if pd were like "Great, you've now made the 24h of Le Mans and the nordeschleife all by yourself, here have a b-spec buddy!" You would never go back to career mode, I miss the 2-hour fantasy tracks endurances too, I don't think Kaz will remove them now, especially when he's given us cars like the R18, the badass Deltawing, or the ts030, not to mention the Gt2 class cars, like Kaz's own GTR, or Pedro Lamy's M3 GT2... Please take your time when it comes to that matter, I knew what was coming whenI bought GT6, I played the demo, pre-ordered it, and before I cashed in, I went to YouTube to find out how the game was (not to mention gtp)

I agree they aren't present right now, but they aren't gone, atleast I'm expecting B-spec and enduros, to be back, I think mainly the reason that enduros aren't in gt6 right now, is because pd probably wants to have the same a-spec/b-spec driver change as in GT4, it wouldn't make any sense if pd were like "Great, you've now made the 24h of Le Mans and the nordeschleife all by yourself, here have a b-spec buddy!" You would never go back to career mode, I miss the 2-hour fantasy tracks endurances too, I don't think Kaz will remove them now, especially when he's given us cars like the R18, the badass Deltawing, or the ts030, not to mention the Gt2 class cars, like Kaz's own GTR, or Pedro Lamy's M3 GT2... Please take your time when it comes to that matter, I knew what was coming whenI bought GT6, I played the demo, pre-ordered it, and before I cashed in, I went to YouTube to find out how the game was (not to mention gtp)

We're all expecting B Spec to be back at the very least. The fact that it's supposedly due in the future does not make GT6 versions 1.01 through 1.11 any more of an upgrade B Spec-wise.

It's a reasonable assumption that the longer endurance races require B Spec. That would be good design. GT5 should never have included 9+ hour races where you couldn't use a replacement driver, that was just terrible. But there's nothing stopping them from including 1 to 2 hour endurances in the base game, races that can conceivably be completed by a single driver in real life without them sitting in a puddle of their own urine, slowly starving to death.

I could see holding them off from the release version if they thought they were going to have B Spec ready soon after, after a few months surely the smart move is to patch in at least the endurance races that are doable solo, even without B Spec.

Expectations for GT6 do not come into this. TenD is claiming that GT6 was a much needed upgrade to GT5, despite the fact that GT6 in it's current form as of 1.11 (and in all it's incarnations since release) does not address several of his issues, and arguably does a worse job of implementing them than GT5 did.

The way Kaz speaks in an interview is like what some politicians and lawyers speak like: Talk a lot, don't say anything. You probably need a hardcore interrogator armed with a Desert Eagle to at least get some important words outta this guy.

PD is not like T10 or Codies.. they simply do not reveal a lot.

GT7 will fully reveal what they're capable of, now that so many devs have dramatically stepped up their game. The pressure is on. I think Kaz is finally starting to absorb the reality that car count, hardcore fan loyalty and prettier graphics alone will not continue to sell the franchise, or even stay head to head with competing franchises.

I have translated the article posted in Zahara thread - a bit easier to read than what g translate produced.

(http://www.quattroruote.it/news/vid...o_le_parole_del_creatore_di_gran_turismo.html)

Mr Yamauchi, what is your favorite racing series ?

I regularly watch Formula 1 but other series are harder to follow as they are not carried (by local TV). While in USA I had a chance to watch live Nascar event and it was incredible: on the stands you can find 200 thousand spectators regardless of how important is the event. The Japanese Super GT is also very interesting and technologically advanced.

What aspects of Gran Turismo could get better on the next gen consoles apart of graphical compartment ? Is there something that could not be done till today but became possible thanks to new hardware ?

I still cannot go into detail, but developing on PS3 was hard: you don't have enough memory to do all you want. Our goal was to always preserve the feel of Gran Turismo but with the latest installment we had to face limitations.

With PS4 we have a lot of memory available: we'll be able to exploit it easily, inserting elements that we had to force or withheld on PS3.

There will be better graphics, better physics engine, smarter AI and more online options.

Let's talk about GT Academy: Jann Mardenborough, one of the winners of past editions is now racing in GP3 class and one day could make his way into Formula 1: what do you think about that ?

Since the very beginning I thought that a GT Academy winner could become an F1 driver - it's not easy though. In any case the results are not everything: it's incredible to see this guys fighting for their chance, reaching high levels. This people have the power to change things, to leave a mark.

What will be the the most important and distinctive characteristic of Gran Turismo 7 ?

(:lol:) I cannot answer that right now, we're planning to launch big updates for GT6 soon. GT7 obviously will be a title faithful to the spirit of the series.

Vision Gran Turismo is almost like a game within a game, a sort of "stage" to show off the special, one-off cars created by the manufacturers, a powerful instrument of innovation and in part a way of developing new cars. Will GT7 have the same approach ?

Response of the manufacturers to Vision Gran Turismo was a surprise also for me. Designers are thrilled to work on it and I'm sure that the project will continue with the same enthusiasm. Just how it is for GT Academy pilots, the blossom of new ideas is always and amazing event.

A lot of Gran Turismo fans would like a detailed and realistic damage system: can we expect anything on that front in GT7 ?

Damage is a part of the physics in the game. In the future we will certainly work to upgrade the system.

Interesting take on damage. Nice that he mentions AI and Online. No surprise on graphics.

VGT as an ongoing project is great as well.
Reading that just gave some hope for GT7, especially the damage part.

Wish he had shed a little more light on sound.. more of a "this is what we're doing for the sound" as opposed to "this is what we can do or plan to do".

But Tenacious D seems to think everyone knew what the shortcomings would be in GT6 here's my problem with that statement. I knew that certain features were withheld, but what I wasn't prepared for which no one was. Is the fact it's taking PD now to the day roughly 9 months to get simple things straighten out. Track Creator is the biggest and just other simple things that had been talked about for about a year or more now.
Well, I don't like the pace of GT6's updates either. But you forgot a factor that has been widely discussed and mentioned in online articles:
The same thing happened with patches for Gran Turismo 5 which all but updated it into a new game. Even Yamauchi admits, “It’s the same every time. Everything’s very tight. It’s an incredibly tight schedule. As to being able to include everything we want to on day one, we probably won’t be able to. I think for the 12 months following the release we’ll continue to update the software. Because in Gran Turismo 6 we’re preparing a lot of different things we haven’t even touched on yet.”

Expectations for GT6 do not come into this. TenD is claiming that GT6 was a much needed upgrade to GT5, despite the fact that GT6 in it's current form as of 1.11 (and in all it's incarnations since release) does not address several of his issues, and arguably does a worse job of implementing them than GT5 did.
Yeah... three items doesn't equal several. And if you really enjoyed grinding up a car to paint another car, that's you buddy. I MUCH prefer GT6's system. I do NOT miss the XP system at all, and there are a bunch of other things that make GT6 much more fun.

Why have enduros at all when you'd have to find a satisfactory car, or tune of said car, to make it a challenge? Or B-Spec races when Bob is as sluggish as the other cars, and has no chance against rabbits? I don't even miss GT5's weak Race Mod implementation on all of 17 cars. So I suppose I don't even agree with your three. Make them actually cool and comprehensive, like giving us Endurance races and B-Spec with improved bot A.I., a Race Mod system which converts a few hundred cars - along with that Livery Editor please - and sure I'll want them.

Well, I don't like the pace of GT6's updates either. But you forgot a factor that has been widely discussed and mentioned in online articles:

Didn't quote the article, but one thing about GT5 and why I can't bash it as much is because I got in a Spec 2 not Spec 1 so even though I realize the updates were slow. GT6 seems slower looking at is the speed in which GTA V came up with their updates, and how much is added to the game which so far in GTA V case is a lot.

As someone said think it's time PD/Kaz open up and hire more people looking at T10 someone mentioned 300 employees and Codies with 800(that's a lot). It would at least make things less painful.

Edit: Adding to post

Last edited:
Back