Kazunori: Gran Turismo 5 out during 2007

• Thread starter amar212
  • 333 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankly, I like Skylines. I'd actually like more Skylines in GT5. But I would like more of everything. More Mustangs. More Mazdas. More Saabs and Volvos. More Celicas. Ferraris, Lambourghinis and Porsches and BMWs and Mercedes-Benzs and Mazeratis and more, more, more.

Reactions: Jay
Tenacious D
Frankly, I like Skylines. I'd actually like more Skylines in GT5. But I would like more of everything. More Mustangs. More Mazdas. More Saabs and Volvos. More Celicas. Ferraris, Lambourghinis and Porsches and BMWs and Mercedes-Benzs and Mazeratis and more, more, more.

Exactly, I just want more, and that includes Skylines!

Honestly, the only Skyline I want to see is the ER34 (that 4-door). Call me crazy, but I think the R34 Skyline looks better in 4-door than 2-door.

*McLaren*
Honestly, the only Skyline I want to see is the ER34 (that 4-door). Call me crazy, but I think the R34 Skyline looks better in 4-door than 2-door.

GT2 had a 4-door R33, i personally like the 4-door skylines but what i would really like to see is a R34 with no rear wing ;)

DRIFT GOD
GT2 had a 4-door R33, i personally like the 4-door skylines but what i would really like to see is a R34 with no rear wing ;)

Honistly 4-door skylines look weard! i prefer the 2-door coupe on the whole range! and as for the rear wing: it looks a whole lot better with one (depends on the style weather its the R3* or the GT350 (the infinity lookalike)) anyways thats just my opinion and everys ones entitled to one!

Exactley, so how can the Nissan be an Infiniti looka-like? The Infiniti version is based on the Nissan version, not the other way round ;).

I haven't seen you here before, so welcome to GTP JohnCub.

I would like to re-itterate what someone said a few pages back in this post. If the PS3 GT doesnt have decent multiplayer options and i'm talking the same as PGR3 and then some e.g. 2 players on one console online. 4 players per console on a lan.. no limitations. We want some damn First Person Shooter options and features in a racer for once! why so limited! *blows a gasket*. I cant beelive they are so limited on consoles. Just with GT3 you could play 2 players one console.. but NOT on a link up. Limited to one per machine. THATS rediculous. I was even hugely disapointed with PGR3 on the 360. no two players per console when the console and easily do it and has a 2 player mode. This would have to be one of my main peeve's.

The others would be... where are alllthe real tracks of the world? Monaco was brilliant.. as was the Nurb'. Now wheres the rest of the full F1 circuit? REAL race tracks for a REAL RACING SIM!

Thirdly... Some proper save replay/time compare features! make it easy to save... console games lack big time in the Front Eng department. i'm sick of having to press buttongs 50 times ot simply do a restart of a race. i'm sick of not being able to speed up animations or video's. I'm sick of consoles having to relaod when its just reloaded and already cached everything!

A proper "clean lap" and "clean sector" like in PGR3 would be awesome. no more grey area.. if the game says clean lap.. its good to go. Even if a slight touch on the wall. Thats possible in real life (PGR3 got that perfect).

This is where i'm at with the GT Series. I think they go thte right game/physics engine. just give us useabitliy and features and quit with the 1998 game limitations. These are SUPER NEXT GEN CONSOLES dammit! :P

/end rant :P

Ok so if its safe to say "Gran Turismo 5" will be more detailed than previous entries of the series...are we gonna see some treadmarks.....visual damage...and better yet are larger selection of motor vehicles...i was pleased to see some australian cars....but where are all the classics?

we need the real car motoring history involved...im talking the 55 chev belair...the 68 dodge charger white knight special...in which i am a proud owner of...the chev impala the ford thunderbird...and of course the Australian Muscle cars the ford falcon XY and XW GTHO's the holden monaro...torana...and of course the renouned valiant charger.

where are these beautiful machines?...more selection = extended gameplay and the simple fact of enjoyment should rise also...

i build cars from ground up...so i know the satisfaction of a heavy, wide, powerful muscle car brings unto ones self...game graphics..realistic handling..and almost spot on performance GT has got right so far...just need a somewhat more vast selection of vehicles...more muscle...

Seriously people...Whom here actually believes that a Rice Burner would ever compare to a Blown V8?...look at engine specs iight...V8's usually run at between 6500 RPM and 10,000 RPM on average...where as 6's n 4's run much faster in that aspect....now lets look at the torque ratio...is any one going to argue with me when i say that rice burners run entirely on revs...there is no real torque involved with buzz boxes....get some real motorcars happenin....go up a steep incline with a skyline/lancer/rexie..w/e...iight spend the rest of ur day counting how many times u gotta shift down a gear or two....then...drive a classic muscle car...lets say a 1955 chev belair with the same work aspect ratio you wish to have on any skyline Etc.

ok n e how on to GT5....now tell me u like the sound of a blow off valve?...sure sounds sweet but id sure rather the sound of a supercharger...for real...plus visual graphics some external superchargers, neon lights...the ability to equip selective body kits...get with the times.....not to say these options need to be used but atleast make them accessible

<_Spike_>
Scheduled...remember kiddies...with PD...don't forget to add about 6 months delay

lol

6 months delay? Where talking about PD here, atleast 12. :P

Mopar 68
...the 68 dodge charger white knight special...in which i am a proud owner of...

You own a American special edition 1968 Dodge Charger? Have you got any pictures?

Mopar 68
Seriously people...Whom here actually believes that a Rice Burner would ever compare to a Blown V8?...look at engine specs iight...V8's usually run at between 6500 RPM and 10,000 RPM on average...where as 6's n 4's run much faster in that aspect....now lets look at the torque ratio...is any one going to argue with me when i say that rice burners run entirely on revs...there is no real torque involved with buzz boxes....get some real motorcars happenin....go up a steep incline with a skyline/lancer/rexie..w/e...iight spend the rest of ur day counting how many times u gotta shift down a gear or two....then...drive a classic muscle car...lets say a 1955 chev belair with the same work aspect ratio you wish to have on any skyline Etc.

ok n e how on to GT5....now tell me u like the sound of a blow off valve?...sure sounds sweet but id sure rather the sound of a supercharger...for real...plus visual graphics some external superchargers, neon lights...the ability to equip selective body kits...get with the times.....not to say these options need to be used but atleast make them accessible

hehe, nicely said. you've just gotta laugh at all those puss boxes out there owned by ppl that think they are so **** hot. They don&#8217;t make real cars nowadays.

And yes... i cant figure out why so many kiddies think so highly of turbo's. Talk about over rated crud. Give me a blower any day and all the complete floor wiping benefits of them! Here's a clue for a few... do you see turbo's on top fuelers? And why not? tsk tsk

Jovial Jousting Aside... ;) I'd have to desire tracks more so then car's. There are already so many and while i'm open to more for sure... i'd much rather some real life tracks that are created in such a way that real game lap times co-inside with. And also one just as important from my POV, a more feature, professional, and usable User Interface.

Cheers,.

PS. Of course... rice burners are good in their own right (there is without question some impressive stuff with them), so don&#8217;t take this to heart :P. Just another way for ppl to spend way to much money on. hehe.

The main reason you see superchargers on top fuel cars is that they have the ungodly power to run that belt driven mechanism with impunity.

Anyway, I can respect muscle cars but they're just not my tea. Too many of them are basically dragsters like the Camaro and Firebird which get dodgy if you want to take some twisty turns. Very few muscle machines are good at that, with the exception of some like the Corvette.

I like smaller, lighter cars with less than 300 bhp, such as a 350Z or Tiburon, or my Supra.

Tenacious D
The main reason you see superchargers on top fuel cars is that they have the ungodly power to run that belt driven mechanism with impunity..

Not sure what your meaning is here. The power comes from the supercharger which is driven by the motor via those ungodly belts... so i'm not sure what it is your saying? And i mean this in a sincere way so dont take it hte wrong way Tenacious D. :) My meaning from what i said was simply because blowers produce more power in a wider range of revolutions from the get go. When it comes to power you cant beat a supercharger. Hence... turbo's are no where to be seen. Now turbo's have there place of course just like everything (i know.. i have a machine with twin turbo's AND twin superchargers so they have there applications wihtout question).

But yes there are some nice vehicles out there. I'm not really one for the "muscle cars" you describe. I just think that real cars start at 8 cylinders and dont need 19,000 RPM to have some poke. hehe. Oh and have a little bit of leg room for when another one decides to sit in your passengers seat. hehe

I'd take plenty of smaller vehicles if they were given to me though. Ther'es just so many out there that are nice. I'll take'em all hehe

HoffY
Not sure what your meaning is here. The power comes from the supercharger which is driven by the motor via those ungodly belts... so i'm not sure what it is your saying?

What he means is that the superchargers you see on top fuelers need about 800hp just to run them

Jacks
What he means is that the superchargers you see on top fuelers need about 800hp just to run them

I'll ignore the figure you state and take it as just a number to ge ta point across as its a variable thats determined by what gain the supercharging/engine is getting and hence how much power it takes from this to drive the blower.

and say... This means nothing, even if its 1000 HP to drive a blower... the amount its producing far and away outweighs this (top fuelers have 7000hp engines.... so useing your guess at 800hp... thats far and away outweighs what it akes to drive it). And it will produce it the instant you move your throttle. Its there from the word go.

i will get back to you with specific stats re: HP percentage taken to drive which is relative to the amount of HP received. as i said... 800HP may seem like a lot to lose. Butnot when you take the fact that you're getting 7000 in return. And the same holds true to if you were blowing a GenIII V8. You can get a 400kw blower kit and bolt it on your 180km standard V8. Now thats over a 100% power gain. and the amount it takes to drive that blower is FAR less then 800 HP (of course as its a lower rangee bracket). Now even if it takes 50HP thats still 350kw. just under 100% power gain. And all the benifits of instant power from the get go.

The short and curly of this... power lost in driving a blower is moot.

There are far more positives then negatives other then this one a lone (same boost level produces more power with a SC, with a stock moter; you dont have to spend a tonne on making your motoer handle it like you do witha turbo JUST BOLT THE BLOWER ON AND GO and so many more).

Of course as i said... turbo's have their place and application just like anything that is different. But its really annoying to see so many ppl blowing (pun un-intended) the trumpet of trubo's when in reality they dont know what they are talking about. Facts speak for itself. And one phrase sums it up... you dont see turbo's on top drag cars for a reason. And they are about all about power.

Cheers all.

You don't see them on top drag cars because of turbo lag, a specially built turbo could easilly generate the power, but you'd get a lot of lag from the turbo spooling up. Turbos and superchargers provide difference characteristics. It really depends on the characteristic of the car the manufacturer is trying to give it, turbos create a lot of high end power but have turbo lag, superchargers create the power low down but don't have the lag. What's best for any car depends on how you'll use that car and your preferences really. In some applications one is blatantly better than the other. For example, you don't see turbo's on top fuel dragster, bcause they don't provide the needed characteristic, in contrast, you find circuit racers opt for turbo's more than superchargers because they spend most of their time in the upper rev bands which is where a turbo would be most efficient.

Yes, and like I was getting at, the supercharger is advantageous to dragsters when an immediate punch is needed. Dragging just doesn't impress me. I prefer road racing on courses littered with turns and curves, where turbos are just fine.

Ight listen up...ya to the one whom asked if i have a picture of muh gorgeous charger...yes i do...but i aint sure on how to put it on here or w/e....but as to reply about the top fuelers...seriously...who cares about top fuelers...they are the extreme of drag racing...how about super street n door slammers...they aint top fuelers...they still run superchargers...my baby runs on premium unleaded n it runs a supercharger...its a remote supercharger but all the same...

lets let me fill u in on muh baby sittin in the garage...its not an american dodge...its chrysler australia...1 of 500 build to these specs...runs a 426 magnum hemi block...remote wieand 920 supercharger...its been re-sleeved..overbored...then blanced...without the supercharger is surprisingly pushes 680bhp...with the weiand equiped it exceeds 1100bhp...nice? ya reeal damn nice...its my pride and joy...tubbed rear wheels and it of course was worth quite alot...i had to do extennsive work on it to get it in the condition its in now..but it was well worth the money time and effort...if i can somehow get my picture on here i will show u just what she looks like...but to see some more muscle in GT5 would make my day...

anyhow here goes ima try n get this pic on here for you.

Attachments

• my car 1.jpg
    my car 1.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 25
listen Turbos are required to kick in once a certain RPM is reached...once the engine is able to hit the required vaccum pressure...the turbo will kick in...lets say around 4 -6000 rpm...superchargers generate maximum bhp thru out the entire rpm sequence....my baby pushes just over 1150bhp....n i tell ya it kick the livin **** out of any skyline, lancer, rexie...i have the ability to use my 90:1 traction control but i rather not....it puts to much strain on my diff and my transmission....everything in this car is 100% original...except the s/charger....426 magnum block, chrysler 8 n 3/4 diff.. and the 727 has been modified for topload transmission ok so that aint original but anywho....

lancers n such have an advantage of acceleration because of 4WD...but when against something thast weighs near to nothing with a power to weight ratio thats of the charts...then ur talkin some serious racing mechanics...my charger took 3 years to build back to the way i wanted it...it took my life savings to buy...its well and truley part of australia's motoring history...as for skylines..naw...lancers...naw....rexies...naw...tho mitsubishi has been pondering on a quad tech turbo...something about a dual connection per intake...dual intakes...each with 2 turbo's...will it work?...noty sure on that one...but they want to attach it to next years mitsubishi 380...we'll c eh...quad tech...now that might be interesting..but still...id much rather i supercharger...especially for road racing...with a s/charger u got no lack in performance....u dont have to worry about lack of torque at low RPM...u have power when needed....so in conclusion...s/chargers are more responsive...the ability on road AND track is much more...plus they sound better lol...cheers

Jacks
ok well...this aint entirely true...there are certain s/chargers to fit all ranges of power differences...all in which require certain torque levels which is generated from the cars accessible bore and stroke...ok lets say u have a mitsubishi sigma...they was about 75bhp standerd i think...with a torque ratio of about 32:1....lets say u wanted a supercharger to double its torque and bhp...

well in this case ud be lookin at a G.E.N 240 supercharger....or a weaiand 210...each supercharger is made to fit the same specs but releases different abilities..my car because it is over 600bhp standerd...im about to run a weiand 920...which u will find is on most...not all but most dragsters...u will find that top fuelers run a G.E.N 1400 or a weiand 1460...which of course would near on tear my engine apart...
my engine would run them...but because of the force required to get them working to full potential is far greater than what my car can produce...it would literally..rip my engine to shreads...but yes...supercharger are much more effecient...they have no laggggggggg...lol try givin ur turbo'd car a boot full in 3 gear from a stopped start...wont work.....but my charger...stopped start, clutch her in third...i could blow my rear tires in a matter of around 5 seconds....i mean i like turbo's dont get me wrong...they just dont compare...

there ya go...muh baby is there...if ya wanna c the cars i work on as my hobby...n yes i do it for nothin...lemme know...i'll try n get the pics up so u can see them...

Tenacious D
Yes, and like I was getting at, the supercharger is advantageous to dragsters when an immediate punch is needed. Dragging just doesn't impress me. I prefer road racing on courses littered with turns and curves, where turbos are just fine.

well Tenacious D....s/chargers arent just required for drag racing...are car with sufficient torgue can provide an instant punch of balls....superchargers are there to increase as are turbos...my old man always said.."turbo's are for kiddies"...in a way this is true...turbo's are quite good for track racing i admit...when taking corners where precision is needed...the lag that a turbo creates can be an advantage to the cornering style of most racers...but me..well...if i take a corner...i like to take it fast...and ofcourse...sideways..i love crabwalkin my beast round corners and as fun as it is...i dont think a turbo would provide that beasty punch from 0 - 9000RPM in a matter of micro seconds...but s/chargers...well they require a lot more skill to use than a turbo...the ability to feather is still there...but to much throttle...well lets say u gonna end up like egg on a brick wall..but still i give credit where credit is due...alot of ppl rather turbo's for the mere fact that turbo's sound good, or they provide sufficient power for their liking...i like s/chargers because i feel the need for power to maximum extent...top fuelers...well lol...the arguement of topfuelers compared to track racing...its non existant for they just are not built to racve that certain aspect of racing...tho if u where to take a blown n NOS'd engine from a topfueler...modify the engine mounts in a toyota supra...drop that beasty block in there n have at it...how do u think a turbo'd model of the same motorcar would compare...id have to say any turbo'd car against a supra of that degree would surely be BLITZ"D....lol cheers

Have you heard of BorgWarner's new variable turbo geometry (VTG), which uses guide vanes located in front of the turbine wheel that modulates inflow angle and speed. Although the exact implementation of the variable geometry turbo is new, a similar approach was used by Garrett Systems starting in 1989 with the Shelby CSX. The 997 produces Zero lag when equipped with the Tiptronic S transmission. With the manual it's still at a minimal.

Another design is electronic "Steady-State Torque-Speed Curve" Electronically assisted turbocharger systems, electrically driven compressors, significantly improve the boosting effect. This allows the torque to be increased while at the same time permitting further engine downsizing.
This is something the New GTR is rumored to be in for the new upcoming BNC36 GTR. Zero lag turbos are now being used and invested for new sports car companies as a new benchmark in performance engineering. Superchargers will be replaced in a future near you.👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back