Kazunori: Gran Turismo 5 out during 2007

• Thread starter amar212
  • 333 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a Nomad racing Diablo in GT3 but PD didn't have a Lamborghini license and Lamborghini asked them to remove it from the game, it was in the Japanese version only, though the cars could be unlocked by hacking the game in the US version of GT3.

Im disappointed with PD right now.

It was because of GT3 that I:
1)bought my first console(NES excluded)
2)bought my first racing game/sim (GT3)
3)bought a 55" widescreen HDTV and surround system
4) Bought a DFP wheel and built a rig for it
5) bought Japanese release of GT4 just to get it early

I LOVED GT3. I enjoyed GT4.
I just started playing TOCA 2, and having seen all the things that you can do in the game, Ive since gotten the passion back, especially with TOCA 3 around the corner. At the risk of sounding like a troll, TOCA 2 is what GT4 should have been. :(

Nonetheless, Im very anxious for the PS3, and I can only hope GT5 will get things right again.

Nothing trollish about extolling the virtues of TOCA2, in my opinion. TOCA2 is an incredible racing simulator.

I would have loved to have GT4's looks & 'career' mode with TOCA's racing style.

I assume that PD have played TOCA2, and will take the best bits for their next game. That's the way the industry is. :D

07 sounds gud, but to be honest id rather wait longer and get amazing graphics! Have you heard the rumor that there will be bikes on gt5??? Not sure on this one.

No I haven't heared the rumour that there will be bikes in GT5 I did hear the one about them being in GT4 though, it's probably just some kid at home with nothing better to do that try to start rumours though. PD have a seperate Bike sim game with the potential to become a series like the GT games have become. Bikes will NEVER appear in Gran Turismo.

live4speed
No I haven't heared the rumour that there will be bikes in GT5 I did hear the one about them being in GT4 though, it's probably just some kid at home with nothing better to do that try to start rumours though. PD have a seperate Bike sim game with the potential to become a series like the GT games have become. Bikes will NEVER appear in Gran Turismo.

The rumour was started because the PD team was sighted collecting data on bikes during GT4's development cycle. Back then it bikes in GT4 seemed a plausible explanation for it. So it wasn't a false rumour, it wasn't lied. They just made the wrong assumption. Unless you're talking about this new 'rumour', which I haven't heard either. Closest thing we'll see to bikes in GT5 is, well, Tourist Trophy 2, which is already inevitable.

I know all about the GT4 rumour, that's all to do with GT4. I was talking about the rumour that bikes will be in GT5.

GT5's release planned for 2007?? That gives me plenty of time to save some money to buy a PS3, unless Simbin decides to release a GTR and GTL version on the PS3 before GT5 comes out. (no more PC for me then)

Its still sounding as though its going to be almost 2007 untill Sony will even release the PS3 here in the US. All signs point to a late spring/early summer release in Japan, but SCEA hasnt made any movements twards doing the same for the US market.

The biggest problems, I assume, are the incredibly high costs for the Blu-Ray technology (Pioneer player to cost $1800 USD), the lack of a dedicated online service, controvercial controller, and news around many of the demo trailers (particularly Killzone and Tekken) being CGI as opposed to game footage.

Hey, the later the better I say. The longer Sony waits to release the PS3, the longer Microsoft has to get Halo 3 polished. If they do launch on the same night, I cannot wait to be in the gamming riots that will happen across this great nation of ours...

But we will al find out in May at E3 as to what exactly Sony's overblown and overanticipated PS3 plans are.

As long as GT5 has these added, I'll be very satisfied: easier drifting, better customization(more tuner wheels, body kits, ability to paint and put decals), more weather conditons, rally tracks that aren't circuits, some way that updates the game for newly released cars, tune shops with official tuner badging, and a whole lot of other stuff that I can imagine. Also, there should be another GT cockpit steering wheel set for the game like this: www.gtcockpit.com

Why easier drifitng, that'll compromise the realistic physics, proper drifting isn't piece of cake you know.

live4speed
Why easier drifitng, that'll compromise the realistic physics, proper drifting isn't piece of cake you know.
i agree. the drifting is pretty decent, its just the sensory inputs, or lack of, that make it hard/different in comparison to real life. if there was a chair for the dfp that swivelled/tilted, the drifting experience would be tons different, and quite possibly easier too, but as it stands with the DS2/dfp and your tv as the only sensory inputs, its pretty solid.

i think that they should implement customization of the cars (body kits etc.) but that may be too difficult for all of the cars. Also, rollovers and crashes would be nice as well as more prototypes:mischievous: LeMans with like 100 prototypes at once:drool: I just don want to get my hopes up.

I really hope they can get more supercars in the game..I was dissapointed when GT 4 came out. You still could not get the chance of driving a car like a Lamborghini or a Ferrari. Or maybe Bugatti Veron or a McLaren F1.
I hope they get some more supercars in GT5.
it will be a much bigger game than GT4, so i guess there will be more cars therer too.

I thought there was a lot of supercars in GT4, I can count over 20 off the top of my head, more wouldn't go amiss though but I wouldn't want the focus to shift of cars in general. I don't think GT5 will have as many car's as GT4 either, that's a lot o do on a new system and in much better detail.

Let me tackle as many issues as possible.

I don't have high expectations for this forthcoming game. To some of you, you may think I'm mad for not having high expectations, but hear me out. I think what killed GT4 for people was overexpecting. Many people were upset that online play was dropped even after PD tried to work on it. At least give credit for them to implement the feature as best as they can. Not everyone has or prefers online play, so how can you say that it's inexcusable to not have this implemented? To me, it's an option, not a requirement. If the feature is that important to you, I believe that online play will be in GT5. So if you love your online racing, I think you'll get it in GT5. If PD worked on it and tried to make it happen in GT4 all to come up short, then for GT5, they will surely make something happen when you hear modems buzzing to connect to a race online.

"Srjr" mentions that there could have been more supercars in the game. Perhaps for the Supercar Festival, that would boost the profile of the series. I've always said that if you only care about supercars, then you're not enjoying what GT games have vs. what you'd prefer racing. Want your supercar fun? That's why there's Forza. While there are fewer cars in Forza, 40 to 60 percent are supercars and sports cars. I'm not a supercar freak. I like them, but I'm okay without them. COUNTLESS times on GTPlanet, we've travelled down the cul de sac known as "where's my Ferrari/Porsche/Lamborghini, PD?" It sort of grown to a point in which it gets old. While the companies are prestigious, you can live without them. Do you own a Ferrari, Porsche, or Lamborghini? Many don't. Many others dream of them. I really hate the ones who think that just adding these car companies will make GT better. A game can be crap and you include these companies. What then? Is it "good game, bad cars," or "bad game, good cars?" Don't let a few car companies decide whether a game is good or not. Let the gameplay decide for you. The cars are important, but the game is even more important. What good is a racing game with specific car companies if the game itself isn't up to par?

I will even go on the level of saying that there should be legitimate drifting and drag racing modes and championships. GT4 kind of went on a level in which they are inching closer to somewhat of a lifestyle thing. But lifestyle in terms of drifting and such. Technically, drifting isn't really considered racing, but it is a motorsport. We are free to drift in Free Race sessions, but I think that to add to the variety of races, now would be nice to do some sick drifts. I thought the Blitz Skyline D1GP Drift Car was all set up for you out of the gate. I'm usually not a Skyline fanatic, but I do think the Skyline Blitz used is a sick drift car. On the drag racing side, what American car lover wouldn't want to take his/her 1960s Pontiac GTO or 19?? Mercury Cougar out for a little straight-line action? Las Vegas is a nice deal, but I was also thinking about stuff like Seattle's front straight, maybe even a 1/4 mile of the Hunadieres at Le Mans (despite the fact it's bumpy). Sears Point's/Infineon Raceway's drag strip could be used as well. So now would be a nice time to add a little more racing diversity. I'd also add some Family Cup or Free Race events at drag strips and drift courses. So you'll be able to go up against a collection of competitors in a variety of events.

I think PD should go for it all here. Add some more races and keep the formula fresh.

Re: on-line
JohnBM01
Many people were upset that online play was dropped even after PD tried to work on it. At least give credit for them to implement the feature as best as they can. Not everyone has or prefers online play, so how can you say that it's inexcusable to not have this implemented? To me, it's an option, not a requirement. If the feature is that important to you, I believe that online play will be in GT5. So if you love your online racing, I think you'll get it in GT5. If PD worked on it and tried to make it happen in GT4 all to come up short, then for GT5, they will surely make something happen when you hear modems buzzing to connect to a race online.
"Tried to work on it"? PD knew years before they finally released their beta to us that they had on-line problems and they did not solve them! From one of SONY's own premier developers, this is totally unacceptable. Codemasters was able to get 8 on-line, with a good on-line service, too, so surely PD could have done their more basic 6. To me, this indicates problems with PD's business plan.

Maybe not everyone wants or needs on-line, but for those that do, PD failed them - miserably.

You "think" GT5 will get on-line? Considering SONY's stated emphasis on the PS3's on-line service, they had bloomin' better have GT5 on-line!

Cheers,

MasterGT

I don't know if anyone else has already hit on this, but the promotional footage for the R35 (this is a screenshot) looks like it might have been made using GT5...

vectradriver
I don't know if anyone else has already hit on this, but the promotional footage for the R35 (this is a screenshot) looks like it might have been made using GT5...

If i remember rightly this was just a 3d render or a launch car or somthing, im sure there is a thread on it somewhere around here.............

............ ah here it is - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=71917&highlight=gt5+photos

this post also knocks the nail on the head pretty well. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1947479&postcount=3

Spec

Not quite, they arn't real pics of a real Nissan GT-R, they ARE computer renderings. But they are Nissan GT-R promotional pic's and have had no connection made with GT5 by either Nissan, Sony or PD.

Im new to this, my addiction is relatively recent. But if the creators pay any attention, for GT5 Id like A) damage, B)more variety of cars instead of 80 plus Hondas, C) much less of the other cars bashing you and trying to hold you back JUST because youre winning, I thought it was a racing game, not a fight. Other than these..I love GT4.

lakemonger
Im new to this, my addiction is relatively recent. But if the creators pay any attention, for GT5 Id like A) damage, B)more variety of cars instead of 80 plus Hondas, C) much less of the other cars bashing you and trying to hold you back JUST because youre winning, I thought it was a racing game, not a fight. Other than these..I love GT4.

Welcome to the fold. In the future, you may want to use the search function, as you could have used it to find the umpteen GT5 wishlist threads.

He didn't create a nee thread though, that's better than most new members do. Welsome to GTP lakemonger, if you need to find anything out you'll find most of the members here a very helpful.

GT5 will automatically be a better game if they just add some Ferrari's & Lamborghini's

especially classic one's

i dont know why it took PD so long to get GT4 out . they have to be one of the richest game developers that Sony deals with , most Game development companys are nothing compared to the publishing houses that market them , but PD is like RockStar - rich enough to do its own thing

Post #145... how many times (and how many other members on top of that :lol:) have I said that you can't let a few storied sports car companies decide whether a game is good or not. I am a Ferrari fan, personally. Only thing is that I'm okay with them not being in the game. I'm not obsessed like many of you who only find satisfaction in a certain car company. That's like saying that someone compiles a collection of the world's sexiest women and not include Jennifer Lopez or anybody. You can't let Ferrari, Porsche, and Lamborghini decide whether you should care about a game. A game can have Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini, Koenigsegg, Bugatti, McLaren, Matra, and all of them... but if the game is crap, what does it matter? How do you think Forza was a good game? Was it praised because it had Ferrari and such, or was it because of all the things you could do in the game IN ADDITION to the certain car companies? I think before you cry to the world that you want Ferrari and such, think about essentaials first. Essentials include things like game physics, game modes, music, graphics, sound, and all that. If GT5 ends up being worse than GT2 or even "Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing," then are you going to love the game because it has those few car companies everyone wants? Think about it. Your problem is obsession. Obsession of things that don't really make a game better in terms of essential elements. Here's an example. You meet a girl and say hello. You like her because she has a sexy body and a lovely voice. But then, she also doesn't care about you and probably has a boyfriend already, but lies that she's single. Would you still love to be with her or at least be friends, regardless of the fact that she doesn't like you as much as she does with her boyfriend? Just something to think about in regards to obsession.

If this keeps up, PD may not even think about Ferrari or Porsche or Lamborghini. I probably hope they NEVER get into a Gran Turismo, just so I can see people thinking the world's going to come to an end. You know, like how some people think that GT not having Ferrari/Porsche/Lamborghini is the equivalent of the polar ice caps melting or an asteroid heading to Earth. Then, I want to know which are actually smart enough to realize that such companies are nice to have in a game, but aren't needed to make a game better. This even includes the quote about GT5 being "automatically better because Ferrari is in the game." Am I posting to myself when I say that you don't need them to make a game better or that they DO NOT make ANY game automatically better? It's absolutely foolish to say that Ferrari and such automatically make games better. Foolish, foolish, foolish. Try making the crappiest racing game in history (since "Thunder Truck Rally") and include Ferrari and such. If people tell you that the game is horrible even if you include Ferrari, then they've only echoed my views on this issue. Until you learn from what I'm trying to tell you about GT and Ferrari/Porsche/Lamborghini, don't reply to a post of mine until you FULLY understand what the hell I'm talking about. When you understand my main point about this issue, let me know.

JohnBM01 , you are a drama queen . please explain who it is that is saying GT will be bad or good with the exclusion of those 3 ? we are not talking about your mythical "crap" game - the game under discussion is GT4 & the coming GT5 so why do you feel the need to create rediculous senarios to support your view ?

racing games are limited in scope - content is needed for them to stay interesting , (content = cars , tracks , race series) , GT5 with more content Automatically becomes a better game than GT4 as of right now .

i couldnt care less how much you dont like to see complaints posted , or how much you feel the need to explain everything away for PD's benefit . but what im finding amusing that im seeing from you is how hard you try to be PD's advocate here , do you have all day on the net or are you a PD employee ?

you "love" cars ? i think its more to do with you loving to see your opinion here . those 3 makes are so prestigeous that there absence is entirely noticable , & because of their status they need priority in the next incarnation . especially the classic Ferrari's & Lambo's

Well, there is something you're neglecting, John, and that car freaks want to see the rarified heavenlies of those supercars. Having some of them and a short list of perpetual no-shows will only make many of us drool even more with each release.

Another thing is that Gran Turismo allows us to be is car collectors. GT4 has a garage larger than the car list! I expect even more in Gran Turismo 5, or Vision if we see it. And it would sure be nice if we could park a Ferrari or Lambo or two among the lot, and compare the driving experience to the other hot rods.

Now if they aren't there, I'm not going to sulk about it like some of these guys say they do. I'm still in awe of GT4 and don't really miss the big 3 - even though RUF gives us one of them after a fashion. And the awe of Gran Turismo 5 will undoubtedly be even stronger. If they still aren't in GT Vision/5?

Oh well, a racing I will go, a racing I will go, high def and stereo, a racing I will go... :D

JohnBM01
Post #145... how many times (and how many other members on top of that :lol:) have I said that you can't let a few storied sports car companies decide whether a game is good or not. I am a Ferrari fan, personally. Only thing is that I'm okay with them not being in the game. I'm not obsessed like many of you who only find satisfaction in a certain car company. That's like saying that someone compiles a collection of the world's sexiest women and not include Jennifer Lopez or anybody. You can't let Ferrari, Porsche, and Lamborghini decide whether you should care about a game. A game can have Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini, Koenigsegg, Bugatti, McLaren, Matra, and all of them... but if the game is crap, what does it matter? How do you think Forza was a good game? Was it praised because it had Ferrari and such, or was it because of all the things you could do in the game IN ADDITION to the certain car companies? I think before you cry to the world that you want Ferrari and such, think about essentaials first. Essentials include things like game physics, game modes, music, graphics, sound, and all that. If GT5 ends up being worse than GT2 or even "Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing," then are you going to love the game because it has those few car companies everyone wants? Think about it. Your problem is obsession. Obsession of things that don't really make a game better in terms of essential elements. Here's an example. You meet a girl and say hello. You like her because she has a sexy body and a lovely voice. But then, she also doesn't care about you and probably has a boyfriend already, but lies that she's single. Would you still love to be with her or at least be friends, regardless of the fact that she doesn't like you as much as she does with her boyfriend? Just something to think about in regards to obsession.

If this keeps up, PD may not even think about Ferrari or Porsche or Lamborghini. I probably hope they NEVER get into a Gran Turismo, just so I can see people thinking the world's going to come to an end. You know, like how some people think that GT not having Ferrari/Porsche/Lamborghini is the equivalent of the polar ice caps melting or an asteroid heading to Earth. Then, I want to know which are actually smart enough to realize that such companies are nice to have in a game, but aren't needed to make a game better. This even includes the quote about GT5 being "automatically better because Ferrari is in the game." Am I posting to myself when I say that you don't need them to make a game better or that they DO NOT make ANY game automatically better? It's absolutely foolish to say that Ferrari and such automatically make games better. Foolish, foolish, foolish. Try making the crappiest racing game in history (since "Thunder Truck Rally") and include Ferrari and such. If people tell you that the game is horrible even if you include Ferrari, then they've only echoed my views on this issue. Until you learn from what I'm trying to tell you about GT and Ferrari/Porsche/Lamborghini, don't reply to a post of mine until you FULLY understand what the hell I'm talking about. When you understand my main point about this issue, let me know.

Why dont you copy one of those posts about the ferrari's lambo's and porsches into a word file so you can just copy paste the response rofl:lol:

I dont know how the hell you keep finding motivation to post those huge posts over and over again. Almost everyday:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back