Kazunori: Gran Turismo 5 out during 2007

• Thread starter amar212
  • 333 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
This business about Ferrari, Lamborghini and Porshce (FLP) does need to be resolved. I'm a Ferrari fan, but I'm not obsesed with them, espically since I was lucky enough to drive a F355, which in my humble option was a massive disappoinment (never meet you heros ;)).

However this aside I do recall KY saying he wanted to make the GT series a "Motoring Encyclopedia", and no matter which why you look at it, you need FLP in there. I agree with John that you can't let one or two makes rule the roost so to speak, and I dont think their inclusion would add anything new to the game other than the choice of some more cars, but they can't be left out much longer.

When FPL finally make it into the game, I just can't wait for the threads on here entitled "How many more Ferrari's does GT? need?" ;) I guess it will make a change from people moaning about Skylines all the time.

I just speak my mind, G-T-4-Fan. I want to be understood, not just leave a bunch of gaps open. J8mie has the right idea. See? I can say a lot, say a little, but only as long as I get the point across.

I will be looking forward to this year's E3 and the Tokyo Game Show for more info on this potential successor to GT4.

i have a question, not that im doubting you or anything amar212, but is there a way that you can post the actual magazine article? i just dont trust peoples word now a day. nor have i heard anywhere else that it was coming out 2007, i just wanted to see the article to see if it is true, if you have it it would be fun to see it

vtec_guy
Nissan are unveiling the finished design of the R35 Skyline at the Tokyo Geneva Motor show so we can be sure to see a whole new breed of Skylines added to the already huge collection of them in GT5. I've read rumor's that the R35's twin turbos will be driven by electric motors!! And theyve changed its engine to a V6 now as opposed to the old inline 6.

Thanks for the info amar212

Just to clarify, it wont be an R35 due to the fact the R chassis is no longer in production. Plus many people may not know the skyline is still in production today. Its the equivalent of our Infiniti G35. If the next GT-R skyline is on the same chassis as the current skyline it will be a G35 GT-R Skyline. Although the new GT-R could infact be built on a comepletly new chassis. All i care about is 07-08 the Skyline makes its debut in the good ole US of A.......Finally shut up those camaro/corvette guys who think there is no car in the world that can beat them

The new GT-R is not a Skyline, it's on a different chassis and has a different body to the Skyline, and the next Skyline won't be related to the Nissan GT-R either. Nissan have seperated the Skyline and GT-R badges, they're two different car ranges now, though the GT-R range will start with a single model, expect NISMO versions to come out after.

j8mie
I was lucky enough to drive a F355, which in my humble option was a massive disappoinment (never meet you heros ;)).

what didn't you like about the F355? Did you wind it through to redline for a few gears? did you get to hear the engine? I also was lucky to drive a F355 and it was FANTASTIC.

Is it just me or does everyone else feel that gt5 should have more things available other than just wings,and wheels. i think that gt5 should have it where u can put bodykits on ur cars, but i mean real track proven body kits like veilside, cwest and others, not those ricey kits here in america. you should also be able to do engine swaps. i say this because if ur a beginner or a nebie to the gt series or a car lover engine swaps would be the way to go for those races where ur punny modified civc engine wont do the job. swaps should be for example, an h22a motor in an eg6 or a crx, or even a nsx motor in a civic.......... one loast thing i think gt needs is for u to be able to adjust ur boost pressure so that u wont have to buy those big lagging turbos, ull be able to achieve good hp with a smaller turbo but uping the boost. reply back tell wat wat u guys think.

I hate to be jacked...but I love GT....figure that....guess that tells you how much i like these games since no one seems to jack there fans more than the gt boys..when ever the relese date we all should be pro drivers buy the time it gets here...and from what I have read I would not expect crash damage..or olr unless the internet gets alot faster...

In NZ my GT4 had online play!

Next time PD launches a "Driving school" though, I probably won't get it. God I was stupid to fork out $40 for a demo, after all, that's all it was. I think PD should just focus on one thing at a time. When the announced the date GT4 was coming out, I also read that they had half the team working on GT5.

KY is probably thinking up a list of cars for GT 9273. "Okay, um... Skyline, Skyline, Skyline... Oh, and a Nissan. Hmm... A skyline should do it! Civic, Skyline and a prototype wheelchair!"

wazu!
KY is probably thinking up a list of cars for GT 9273. "Okay, um... Skyline, Skyline, Skyline... Oh, and a Nissan. Hmm... A skyline should do it! Civic, Skyline and a prototype wheelchair!"
I love the way he thinks:sly:

How sarcastic, foul, and idiotic... as long as they stay with the "something for everyone" concept, I'll keep buying. We can b:censored: about Skylines all day long until we get gray hairs (us who are actually young, of course). I'd prefer variety of car types over variety of sports cars only. It's just my will to compete and love of racing that keeps me connected. Regardless, I'm not going to be easily offended if the game is "70% Skylines, 30% everything else." I don't use that overexaggeration as religiously as some of you do.

If they stick to their bases and keep the racing interesting and fun, it should sell to the non-discriminatory gamer. Next month, we'll see the progress made by PD in this Gran Turismo 5 project. This is one of those times in which times are dull because no new info is out on GT5... until more information is found out and we're in business again. I would sure like to know how things are coming along with GT5. Only way to REALLY know is to work for PD and then post my experiences in this forum. I think GT5 can only get better regardless of the cars and tracks. I can't comment too much because we don't know as much as we need to about the game at this point.

Well guess we'll see soon enough...can have as many cars and tracks as you like in the game...but if the quality of the game doesn't match up to the quantity of the cars/tracks it's pretty pointless...

Whilst the different Skylines, NSXs, Evolutions (not that I complain at those, I love Evos) almost out numbers most of the other manufacturer cars from other countries put together, it shouldn't really matter providing they actually HAVE other cars in the game. Providing they think ahead and have more cars from the present and even cars they know of from the future year or two, in equal amounts...so roughly the same amount from say 1960-1985 as 1986-2008...I'm happy

I want a whole buttload of cars (lame word) and I also don't care about any kind of Japanese dominance in the game. I would like a lot more British cars (Caterham, obviously). Hopefully the first GT5 release won't be as glitchy as the rushed NTSC releases of GT2. I'll bet that they'll have so many cars they'll forget to make some actually appear in the game. I do think it is outta place to have F1 cars race against Vipers. I would like to see more seperation like that.

Kazunori Yamauchi has always given us an amazing variety of cars; all the way back from Panoz' to all the way as far as the legendary RE Amemiya situated in Japan.

Trouble is...(and understandable) it's been mostly closer to the RE Amemiya home that their cars in game have come from. As long as he doesn't increase F1 cars it won't be bad...after all it is Gran Turismo, not Formula 1

well....skyline or not skyline. somehow i like it, so i dont mid havin them in the game...

kaz should really focus now on gt5, and not continue beside that a TT2 or something like that.

off topic, acutally PD could put the bikes into gt5....but hey...off topic... ;)

Oh, the only chance of a motorcycle in GT5 is probably if the T-Rex was included in GT5 (more information at: http://t-rexusa.com/?gclid=CLaXtdq_pYQCFROsLAodVRbVgQ ). Then again, I don't think PD is much to have cheap plugs aplenty. Only popular game made by PD I know of other than "Motor Toon Grand Prix(?)" was "Omega Boost." Cheap plugs would feature those two games as sponsors at some track. A Tourist Trophy plug would be okay, I guess. I wouldn't do that if I were the head of graphics for tracks and stuff.

On the topic of Skylines and stuff in the game, I've defended the notion because I'm okay with Japan. It's a game by a Japanese company, so I'm sure PD wants to give some Japan love to all their loving fans. There are even people who prefer Japanese cars more than any other nationality. All I can say is that Arcade Mode in GT4 started out with American cars. They make up for about the second largest contingent of car makes with British cars a close third. A car is a car is a car regardless of where it's from. I'm not the biggest Skyline fan, but I know there is a huge fan base for the Skyline, about as much as the AE86... maybe more. That even applies to the Skyline racing in America's SPEED GT series. I think it's good to see a car many people like that is featured in the game. I think it's about scratching that itch. There are a LOT of Skylines. To scratch an itch for a car many people love... is this a little too much Skyline love, or just enough to satisfy the casual Gran Turismo fan? However you see it, I see it more like something many gamers can appreciate regardless of the fact there are a lot of them in Gran Turismo 4. Easier said than done, don't be too offended. It could have been 100 variations of a car that isn't even all that great. It can be 100 of a horrible car with damn near deceptible capabilities. Many of you would likely feel the same way if there was 75 Ferraris or Porsches. Even then, you'd feel in Heaven.

Regardless, I'll be looking forward to the game and not keep a close count on how many of a certain car is in the game. I don't dig that. I don't do that. I don't care about this sort of thing. Just keep the racing hotter than Malaysia in the summer. All sins would be forgiven. Now can you dig that?

Whilst I agree with you on most points...not everyone is the same, and some do do that...maybe they're just being anal...eh...who cares.

As to Ferrari's and Porsches (or RUF as they are currently in game)...would be heaven...but the difference between that and 50 Skyline versions is most Ferraris are different..meh.

Ruf is not Porsche. That has been long debated. Every jive turkey who claims Ruf = Porsche lost their own argument. There's Gemballa in Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3. You want to claim Gemballa is another word for Porsche? I don't think so. Simply put... Ruf is NOT Porsche. Anyone else want to set people straight about Ruf?

But since you mention Ruf, I'd like to see the Ruf CTR2 Sport make a return. It has 532hp, a 4WD drivetrain, and weighs a few 10 or 20 pounds lighter than the Ruf CTR2. It also looks meaner than the Ruf CTR2. Play GT2 to know what car I'm talking about.

RUF is a German automobile manufacturer. Although their vehicles are in actuality modified Porsche models, RUF is recognized as an independent manufacturer by the German government, and their vehicles are stamped with individual RUF number-plating and VIN numbers.

thats wiki speak there...amazing cars. they just happen to make porsches better :)

Have a look at the number plate on one of the Ruf's in the GT4 Ruf dealer.
It has xx P 911 on the number plate.
There is enough Porsche association in that number plate alone to end any argument.

OT : To make this RUF conversation clear....
''...We sell new RUF automobiles and perform conversions that transform your current Porsche
with RUF powerkits, suspensions, wheels and aerokits.'
' - Taddaaaa! :rolleyes:

Or if you want to read more about RUF - Click here!

On topic again....
I don't care if there is alots of Skylines, well maybe beacuse I love Japanese cars and all that JDM stuff, that explains why. But I still think PD should have a good variation between different car cultures and a well balanced number of cars AND tracks to make it fun to play. And since TT is out, PD shouldn't include bkes in th next GT ;)

Cosmic is correct, all of Ruf' model lineup are Ruf branded cars, not Porsche's, not modified Porsche's, they're Ruf's. However Ruf does offer a service where you can take you Porsche and have it tuned by them, the do offer a Porsche tuning serve, but their own models are their own models. As John said, everyone whos taken it upon themselves to argue against this has lost.

Wow...get something wrong and John really jumps on you...jive turkey...that what you call everyone who isn't as wise as you in this area?

He's expressive, he never means to offend or anything, at least as far as I know him ;).

Freedom of expression, people. I'm hard to figure out, but Live4speed has the right idea. ;) All I do is debate. You can agree or disagree about anything. But it's all about scoring the argument.

Anyone who argues that Ruf or Gemballa are branches of Porsche will lose their argument. If you can't have Porsche, then I'd want a legitimate group like Ruf or Gemballa. This are Gemballa's website, accompanied by Ruf's website:

http://www.gemballa.com/ (GER)
http://www.ruf-automobile.de/ (GER, ENG also available)

The link also has links for material in other regions such as Japan, Australia, England, America, Japan, and even Romania. Find the one suitable for your language and/or region to know more about Gemballa. Ruf's website features more Porsche-style products, many of which are more powerful than the Stuttgart powerhouse. Don't dare say they are another name for Porsche.

Anyone want to share some info or thoughts about GT5 away from the issue of cars?

The gembella site is english too:tup:
Anyway, why didn't PD include like...8 gembella's and RUF's ingame?

The moment PD decided to get this many types of skylines in, was just sick. It was lazy too, I cant begin to think why they included that many skylines, ALL HANDLING THE SAME?! I mean I believe there are FR skylines too right? I heard it somewhere, but noo only the earlier models are FR, not to mention it's exactly the same case with the Subaru's Lancers and RX-7's.

Niels
The gembella site is english too:tup:
Anyway, why didn't PD include like...8 gembella's and RUF's ingame?

The moment PD decided to get this many types of skylines in, was just sick. It was lazy too, I cant begin to think why they included that many skylines, ALL HANDLING THE SAME?! I mean I believe there are FR skylines too right? I heard it somewhere, but noo only the earlier models are FR, not to mention it's exactly the same case with the Subaru's Lancers and RX-7's.

Nintendo's way to sell millions in Japan: Make a game with collectable and cute characters, launch seven seasons of the anime, t-shirt, stickers, full cosplay kit and a 13DVD box.

Kaz way: Skylines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back