Kazunori Yamauchi: GT Sport Will Feature Wider Variety of Cars After Launch

This feels weird but I'm going to quote myself from another thread as it's more relevant here, but I think we will see something similar happen, maybe with more tracks:

I still have a little faith in Kaz:

http://www.gran-turismo.com/au/support/03_0004185.html

Those who own Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, can perform a free online update to upgrade the software to the same content and specifications as Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Spec III.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Release Date 13 dec 2007
Number of Cars 37
Number of Tracks 5 tracks/10 layouts

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Spec III
Release Date 30 oct 2008
Number of Cars 74
Number of Tracks 6 tracks/12 layouts

They have a proven track record... the media is going to destroy them and sales will be bad, but I suspect a year later GT Sport Spec III will be a little less disappointing.

I find it absolutely incredible that when talking about bringing past cars, people mention standards but not premiums. My brain has a disdain for this kind of illogical reasoning, which is why I can't stand PD anymore. The reasons for bringing back standards are NEGATIVE while those for bringing back premiums are all POSITIVE.
Now show us the front interior model. GTS's models are a clear step up however I too hope this will be the final model reset.

photo01a.jpg

This one too is in the trash unfortunately.

I find it absolutely incredible that when talking about bringing past cars, people mention standards but not premiums. My brain has a disdain for this kind of illogical reasoning, which is why I can't stand PD anymore. The reasons for bringing back standards are NEGATIVE while those for bringing back premiums are all POSITIVE.

photo01a.jpg

I hope not as it’s PS5 quality

photo01a.jpg

These models are not in the garbage but will be getting the necessary upgrades pertaining to the GTsport engine.
You will still see it in the coming months.

photo01a.jpg

Stop saying it's in the trash! Unless you work for PD you have no clue. Didn't he say he wasn't getting rid of past assets or something along those lines? The Lotus Evora was in GT5 & 6, but was redone for GTSport. That seems like past assets can be done over to 'ps4 quality'.

Stop saying it's in the trash! Unless you work for PD you have no clue. Didn't he say he wasn't getting rid of past assets or something along those lines? The Lotus Evora was in GT5 & 6, but was redone for GTSport. That seems like past assets can be done over to 'ps4 quality'.
The facebook person working for PD said none of the previous premiums will be in this game. Now whether the inclusion of the Evora for example was done using the premium one is only up to your speculation. The game is supposed to have some 150 cars, and there has never been any indication that previous premiums will be used, rather the opposite.

We'll get about 30 cars. More than half of them won't be free. They are seeing what the other developers make, so they'll make priced dlc.
Just guessing.

That just won't cut it for GTS.
Agreed, but this is a different situation. GT5 had a high car count to start with, never mind by what means. GTS is starting low, so the expectation for a lot of cars to be added is high, and with them throwing the 500 number around, it's no surprise. I believe most of us here are not gullible enough to put full faith in that though. I hope PD can back up what they're saying, but I won't hold my breath.

This feels weird but I'm going to quote myself from another thread as it's more relevant here, but I think we will see something similar happen, maybe with more tracks:

I don't know if one example — followed by two full titles that didn't have the same approach — constitutes a "track record".

GT Sport is substantially different from anything in the franchise that's come before. There's no telling where it's going to go in terms of post-launch support.

These models are not in the garbage but will be getting the necessary upgrades pertaining to the GTsport engine.
You will still see it in the coming months.

We haven't seen any confirmations from Polyphony about which models from the PS3 era are being brought back. Do you have a source, so that we can report it on the front page?

The facebook person working for PD said none of the previous premiums will be in this game. Now whether the inclusion of the Evora for example was done using the premium one is only up to your speculation. The game is supposed to have some 150 cars, and there has never been any indication that previous premiums will be used, rather the opposite.
He talked about premium as they were in the other GTs, without being reworked to work for GTsport .... so he can have so many meanings.
We haven't seen any confirmations from Polyphony about which models from the PS3 era are being brought back. Do you have a source, so that we can report it on the front page?
In a forum you must say something with a source and not personal opinions?
Please do not be stressed with these answers, we are on a forum where you discuss mainly your own opinions and not in a magazine editorial.

Last edited:
In a forum you must say something with a source and not personal opinions?
Please do not be stressed with these answers, we are on a forum where you discuss mainly your own opinions and not in a magazine editorial.

You didn't present your statement as an opinion — you presented it as fact. Hence the question.

Oh and one more thing, the premiums seen ingame in either GT5 or GT6 were downscaled due to the hardware, both on photomode and gameplay. The true quality of these premiums are seen on videos made by PD themselves such as these
He talked about premium as they were in the other GTs, without being reworked to work for GTsport .... so he can have so many meanings.

What makes you think he said that? I can't see it in the statement that none of previous premiums will make it in GT Sport.

That facebook stuff was wrong before. I don't trust that over actual evidence in the beta. The Evora is only one example of car that was in GT6 AND GTS. Those cars were "thrown away"?

Where has he been wrong? Because if he has, then you are right we need to conclude that he's probably wrong all the time (although it's confirmed that he works for PD).So it seems I need to repeat myself. What makes you think the Evora in Gt Sport comes from GT6 and hasn't been completely redone from scratch as PD themselves say?

Yep. There are too many logical holes within PD. The fact they use so many locations in trailers that aren't in any game, the fact they used standards in GT5 but not premiums in GTS, the fact they lied so many times when they announced something. The fact they went for dynamic time and weather in GT5 on PS3 but not on PS4, the fact you couldn't view the interior in GT5 and 6 of premiums when they modelled everything to the seatbelt, the fact the highered rezolution in GT6 with enhanced lighting with many side consequences (rain quality very poor, only main car lighting at night etc..).

Could write a book about PD's nonsensical decisions.

Where has he been wrong? Because if he has, then you are right we need to conclude that he's probably wrong all the time (although it's confirmed that he works for PD).So it seems I need to repeat myself. What makes you think the Evora in Gt Sport comes from GT6 and hasn't been completely redone from scratch as PD themselves say?
What's confusing about this? The assets they have are not being thrown away as you put it. It seems you think that PD are going to be redoing every car from nothing. So what does that mean? They're going to be getting a car from the 90's or whatever decade and rescan it or photograph it or whatever other means they do to capture the car? That seems like a lot of extra work. I think they already have models or photos etc and they redo it from there.

What's confusing about this? The assets they have are not being thrown away as you put it. It seems you think that PD are going to be redoing every car from nothing. So what does that mean? They're going to be getting a car from the 90's or whatever decade and rescan it or photograph it or whatever other means they do to capture the car? That seems like a lot of extra work. I think they already have models or photos etc and they redo it from there.
They themselves said that they redo it from scratch. And obviously there must be a reason don't you think? Because if they use the same methods and assets as before then why even bother instead of using the already done premiums?

They themselves said that they redo it from scratch. And obviously there must be a reason don't you think? Because if they use the same methods and assets as before then why even bother instead of using the already done premiums?
Redoing it from scratch doesn't mean they start over completely with brand new pictures etc. I'm sure they have computer models of cars. I'm not a CAD artist, but I know that improvements to the playstation (3 to 4) can allow for better or more accurate computer models to be rendered. Who's to say that the redone cars don't have these schematics saved in pd's 'vault', as I like to call it, just waiting to be refreshed and upgraded to today's standard?

Oh and one more thing, the premiums seen ingame in either GT5 or GT6 were downscaled due to the hardware, both on photomode and gameplay. The true quality of these premiums are seen on videos made by PD themselves such as these

What makes you think he said that? I can't see it in the statement that none of previous premiums will make it in GT Sport.

Those models seen in the trailers alone are PS4 quality.

I know nothing about video game graphics, but is it possible that the PS3 captures are not compatible with the PS4 engine? After all, isn't the hardware architecture very different? Perhaps they are rendered in a different way?

That facebook stuff was wrong before. I don't trust that over actual evidence in the beta. The Evora is only one example of car that was in GT6 AND GTS. Those cars were "thrown away"?

Don't forget the 458, MP4-12C, One-77, GT86, most of the VGTs, The GT by Citroen too of all things.

Just having the models in inventory already is a pretty big pointer to the 500-car target being pretty attainable. They just need to get class balancing out of the way first as Kaz already said, not to mention they all need updated sound files and support for HDR too.
It's not as simple as copy-paste for the GT6 models. GTS has an updated physics engine too, so they need to retool the suspension for each car as well. Make sure every premium from GT5 has adaptive tessolation like the GT6 models, the tire texture in GTS is improved too, so that would need to be redone.

My point is that it isn't as simple as just porting cars over like a mod, there's still extra work that needs to be done to every old premium model to make them fit into the game.

Who's to say that the redone cars don't have these schematics saved in pd's 'vault', as I like to call it, just waiting to be refreshed and upgraded to today's standard?

Again, completely agree. In fact, we've already seen it happen with the above cars I've mentioned. No way they scanned the 458 twice between GT5 and GTS. that would just be a waste of time. Most likely just used the model they already had and updated it.

People are taking this news like PD went "Highlight All ---> Delete" and then made sure the recycle bin was empty. That's just ridiculous.

Last edited:
Back