Kazunori Yamauchi: GT Sport Will Feature Wider Variety of Cars After Launch

I'm really looking forward to GT Sport because that's one of the reasons I bought the PS4 Pro and a 4k tv, I hope the handling with a controller is ok, better than what it is with the xbox one controller on Forza Motorsport 7, it's my first Forza game since Motorsport 3 and the handling is ****, another reason I'm looking forward to GT Sport is because it's meant to look amazing and I'm looking forward to playing about with the photo mode as well.
The games actually handle quite similarly. It's extremely easy to jump between the two compared to a game like pcars or assetto.

No I don't want them. But for someone claiming that they don't care, you certainly care enough no to want standard cars in GT Sport because of what only 800 on GTP forums over millions around the world think. Surely you cannot not want something as a member of the buying public based on what other people say? It is almost as if you believe PD are beyond reproach and feel they need to be protected from other people's negative opinions.
I didn't really want standards in GT5 or GT6, but that didn't put me off buying the game. There's a difference between not wanting crappy quality cars and not buying the game because of them. In that poll I voted I'd buy the game regardless. That doesn't mean I'm happy that there's a difference in the quality of models. If Kaz adds the classic 'GT cars' that we love, he's not going to put them in with ps2 quality looks. I didn't get the argument of saying Forza is good or bad for keeping them vs GT keeping them (or not).

Quite an important point is that we do not know if over the last few years of delay they could have started on quite a few more cars that have not been mentioned. They could have been or even 're-modelling' the existing Premium cars from their own data and have them completed part the way through i.e say 60-70% ready, they might even have all the audio nearly ready but they are not complete enough for PD/Kaz to commit to releasing these numbers in the media.

What we also do not know is if some have had 3D graphical modelling or interiors done on them already or if they may have CAD designs off the manufacturers direct etc

We do know they have been out and about with their cameras all over the World for Scapes over 4 years so they may have much more data of cars than any one knows by taking data of cars/tracks in the same country?

So my thoughts are 'some' may not take the full six months and could be completed in say 2-3 months if work has already been started on them and they will be ready for DLC say early next year etc. 👍

Hi I am new to the forums. Please redirect me if I am posting in the wrong section.

Are the pre-order bonus cars for GT Sport able to be earned in-game? For example if I purchase a European version of the game, am I able to earn the pre-order bonus cars from the US/JP version? Thanks.

They've some catching up to dooooo

Daihatsu:
- 2035 VGT
- '02 Copen
- '16 Copen
- '08 Mira
- '16 Canbus
- '16 THOR
- '99 Viper GTS
- '96 Corvette Grand Sport... Hey, wait. How'd those two get there?

Bet GTS will reach the 500 cars marks, just like GT6 reached...
- the 40x40km map maker
- the human drama
- the VGTs releases
- the standard cars gradually becoming premium
- the predicted release dates
- damage
- etc...

PD would be great as a political party, as they sound just like them, making promises before election day and never keeping them.

50 car modellers in GT6 credits. I'd assume they have more now but we don't know. What we do know is the Kaz has said 6 months a car. He has also said that yes each one is made by one person. That was in the news section. I can't find it now as Safari doesn't like the news section.

Those modellers can therefore make 100 cars per year. My guess is that the 150+ in GTS are simply chosen for grouping reasons in the various categories. The rest would be for add on later.

See, but if they've got completed cars that they're holding back then that's not terribly promising. If they were going to release them for free, there would be no real reason not to include them in the base game and boost those not-terribly-impressive car and track numbers. They have to know that reviewers and consumers are going to see 150/19 as a negative.

So if they're holding them back, it's highly likely it's so that it's as paid DLC. This sort of thing goes down with consumers like a ton of bricks when Capcom or Turn 10 do it. I expect that there will be some Gransplaining from the more dedicated fanbois, but if they're actually planning to release a minimum content game and then slam us with post-release DLC then that's not great.

I mean, it's basically what Gran Turismo HD/Vision Gran Turismo was back in the early days of the PS3, and that idea was so poorly received that they actually abandoned the idea and went back to a more traditional game model. I seriously hope they didn't just shelve it for ten years so that they can have another go in 2017. The business model barely works for iRacing as an ultra-niche super-high-quality-and-by-damn-you're-gonna-pay-for-it-through-the-nose-boy gaming service, and iRacing has spent years building a customer base and community of people who are enthusiastic enough to be willing to drop that sort of cash on pretend race cars. The chances of it being commercially viable to the tune of millions of units are zero.

You really think this 'classic' would fly in 2017, 2018? ;)

Gran_Turismo_5_h_ssliche_Standard_Autos__5_.jpg

I'd argue that it didn't fly in 2010, but I guess that was sort of your point. ;)

Wasn't bad in 2001 though. Jesus I feel like an old fart sometimes.

GTP is a big site, but 800 people is nothing compared to the millions of people who buy GT games, so while that poll is nice, it's still a very tiny sampling. The cars themselves people want, but do you really think you're right by saying "more than half" want ps2 era quality cars in a ps4 game, or is the poll only asking whether or not if they'll buy the game if they're including? Come on, be honest, everyone knows you would be a very vocal critic if GT did that. BTW, when I said "nobody" I didn't literally mean "NOBODY AT ALL", it's a figure of speech man! :lol:

No it's actually a decent sample size, and depending on the confidence interval you're looking from can be expanded to give a representative view of the population, hence stats, and statistical math that does this. Usually taking a few samples in a population yields better results, and obviously a larger sample size will always increase the accuracy, but the frame of ref given to you isn't "too small".

Also while you try to basically set up a red herring here by calling out the user who brought this up, it should be said that the question represents the subject of certain cars (standards) by specifically asking about them. The question is directly representative of people's view on standards. If a majority said yes to buying it because of standards being in it, that to some level means they don't care about the disparity in quality between standard and premiums.

Last edited:
Daily reminder that this Dodge Challenger SRT8 was declared not being detailed enough for GT Sport.
photo05a.jpg

As of today, still is in the trash among 500+ other equally "bad" detailed cars.

I feel Kaz has OCD... These models are 10x better than Forza’s models but he might just throw them in the trash.

Daily reminder that this Dodge Challenger SRT8 was declared not being detailed enough for GT Sport.
photo05a.jpg

As of today, still is in the trash among 500+ other equally "bad" detailed cars.

Now show us the front interior model. GTS's models are a clear step up however I too hope this will be the final model reset.

Now show us the front interior model. GTS's models are a clear step up however I too hope this will be the final model reset.

Funny thing though, what was it people said about outsourcing?

At first, I was going to commend Kazunori for not saying much of anything for plans involving up-and-coming content for this game at this point, until now...

He needs to be careful what he says to the media. The more things he says that he's going to had added to the game post-release, the more of the pointless "WHEN ARE WE GETTING [insert content here] ALREADY!?" threads we're going to have here. With Gran Turismo 6, before maintenance periods, a new thread would be started to discuss the new up-and-coming update, and it would be locked before the update released, because of pointless posts that were more of complaints about how people were going to be disappointed about content that they weren't getting than discussion posts around the content that was being introduced.

Isn't there a "I wish [insert content here] would get added to Gran Turismo Sport" thread or sub-forum for this kind of stuff already?

Classics that have featured in GT, but blacked out windows with no interior and jaggy polygons? You really think this 'classic' would fly in 2017, 2018? ;)

Gran_Turismo_5_h_ssliche_Standard_Autos__5_.jpg

I'll give you jaggy textures, but the version in GT6 looks considerably better than what you are claiming....

I'd also be very happy with this sort of standard from the PS3 that seems to hold up fairly well when you zoom in:
8497-gran-turismo-5-1680x1050-game-wallpaper.jpg

ag0001h.jpg

(does anyone have links to the official Polyphony source of the above images?)

Last edited:
I think that it's not a bad idea to release cars as they go. We have close to the same number of cars that was in GT3 which I regard as the best in the series. I was never hurting for cars to pick up. That being said, the used car dealer in GT6 was a kind of fun feature.

It would be wiser of them to have a 6 'onth headstart on DLC cars rather than give them all up front. If he wants longevity then he needs to stay ahead of the crowd's appetite for cars. It may be frustrating as an end user, but a steady stream of new tracks and cars is what will keep us on the wheels long term.

Back