Kazunori Yamauchi: GT Sport Will Feature Wider Variety of Cars After Launch

In my opinion this game is built in the wrong other. Instead of first starting with the eSports aspect most people don't even care about, they should have started like all other games do - with a healthy mix of classic and modern street cars and classic and modern race cars, all that accompanied by a proper singleplayer career mode and normal multiplayer.

eSports is something you can always patch in post-release since it's just extra fluff for the majority of the player base anyway.

In my opinion this game is built in the wrong other. Instead of first starting with the eSports aspect most people don't even care about, they should have started like all other games do - with a healthy mix of classic and modern street cars and classic and modern race cars, all that accompanied by a proper singleplayer career mode and normal multiplayer.

eSports is something you can always patch in post-release since it's just extra fluff for the majority of the player base anyway.
ESport just sounds dirty the way you say it. But I don't know what else to say, so I'll shut up. I'm not shutting the conversation down or anything like that. JUST, we don't know what the fine-print says and other details pertaining to the system.

Last edited:

Adding multiplayer at the end - treating it as just a secondary feature - is why it's always been crap in racing games. But we've got a separate thread for that... :P

Seriously, a Gran Tursimo game without the R32 is not a Gran Turismo game!

Also, I hope we'll get more content for free and won't be nickle-and-dimed.

Adding multiplayer at the end - treating it as just a secondary feature - is why it's always been crap in racing games. But we've got a separate thread for that... :P
Interesting philosophy, let’s see how it works out. :)

News title: "GT Sport Will Feature Wider Variety of Cars After Launch"

It is 3am here. I read them as

"GT Sport Will Feature WEATHER Variety After Launch"

Wider, Weather, phonetically similar lol

:(

Oh and let's not forget, FM7 has the same 700 hundred cars than in FM6/FH3 combined and recycled handling the same but flashier.

I have faith in that lineup of yours, Kaz. don't let us down.

What I would miss the most are those golden oldie era cars of my good ol' days in the 1950's, 1960's & 1970's. Hope he gives us old geezers a sample or two in that department. I've also grown to love the Rally type cars and events as well, so I'm also hoping for great things to come.

What did you want them to do, drop them? But you have faith in the game that kept recycling 800 PS2 cars half of which were duplicate miatas and skylines. I rest my case.
I don't understand this argument or the one quoted in that comment. You don't want Forza to drop the past assets. So why do you say "but you have faith in the game that kept recycling"? GT6 has assets that are PS3 era that are missing from GTS. No one is asking for PS2 standard cars. GTS has cars that are brand new, not recycled. That's bad because they should have GT6 recycled cars. But would people then criticize the game for doing that?

I think the more the merrier. As long as you drop the excessive duplicates and keep them all the same in terms of quality.

Don't believe much in what PD say. They have a knack for BS. Only really getting GTS because I can't say no to new racing games. Looks weaker than FM7 and PC2.

I don't understand this argument or the one quoted in that comment. You don't want Forza to drop the past assets. So why do you say "but you have faith in the game that kept recycling"? GT6 has assets that are PS3 era that are missing from GTS. No one is asking for PS2 standard cars. GTS has cars that are brand new, not recycled. That's bad because they should have GT6 recycled cars. But would people then criticize the game for doing that?

I think the more the merrier. As long as you drop the excessive duplicates and keep them all the same in terms of quality.

The thing being that all the cars look like they belong on the same game and track in the Forza series. Yes, some could be better modelled than others when viewing some assets close up, but it was nothing like the stark contrast in quality between standards and premiums in GT5 and GT6 and without interiors. Turn 10 put the effort in updating them inside and out, and allow you to add modifications, where PD most definitely didn't. And didn't want to embarass themselves any further by not allowing you to view them close up, by restricting the camera zoom on them. So it seems blind and hypcritical to attack Turn 10 and praise PD when the proof is there to see in all it's low poly count, badly aliased glory. I don't even know what Forza and Turn 10 have to do with this thread? Just people with a paranoid sense of unfufilment and inferiority complex over their game of choice, so they choose to make a preemptive attack on another game to feel better about themselves. But if people want to talk facts then lets talk serious.

Otherwise, I rest my case.

I'm really looking forward to GT Sport because that's one of the reasons I bought the PS4 Pro and a 4k tv, I hope the handling with a controller is ok, better than what it is with the xbox one controller on Forza Motorsport 7, it's my first Forza game since Motorsport 3 and the handling is ****, another reason I'm looking forward to GT Sport is because it's meant to look amazing and I'm looking forward to playing about with the photo mode as well.

I'm really looking forward to GT Sport because that's one of the reasons I bought the PS4 Pro and a 4k tv, I hope the handling with a controller is ok, better than what it is with the xbox one controller on Forza Motorsport 7, it's my first Forza game since Motorsport 3 and the handling is ****, another reason I'm looking forward to GT Sport is because it's meant to look amazing and I'm looking forward to playing about with the photo mode as well.
DS4 control in the Beta was excellent. That comes from a wheel user who can't play GT5/6 with a pad.

The thing being that all the cars look like they belong on the same game and track in the Forza series. Yes, some could be better modelled than others when viewing some assets close up, but it was nothing like the stark contrast in quality between standards and premiums in GT5 and GT6 and without interiors. Turn 10 put the effort in updating them inside and out, and allow you to add modifications, where PD most definitely didn't. And didn't want to embarass themselves any further by not allowing you to view them close up, by restricting the camera zoom on them. So it seems blind and hypcritical to attack Turn 10 and praise PD when the proof is there to see in all it's low poly count, badly aliased glory. I don't even know what Forza and Turn 10 have to do with this thread? Just people with a paranoid sense of unfufilment and inferiority complex over their game of choice, so they choose to make a preemptive attack on another game to feel better about themselves. But if people want to talk facts then lets talk serious.

Otherwise, I rest my case.
Ok? Like I said, no one wants standard cars. And we're not going to be getting them. PD put in the cars we see now mostly for the fia thing first. There's another Forza on this console generation. Of course they got the cars from that game to include. PD doesn't so they have ps3 gen cars to upgrade and then add. I don't understand what the deal is. Oh well, nothing worth arguing about imo.

I think this has more to do with the esport tournaments where players can win that official FIA-Approved racing licence, and represent their country/manufacturer. I assume they want the tournament to only feature a balanced roster of cars that should represent the current state of the FIA.

If I could guess, I'd say that we'll start seeing a broader range of cars AFTER the tournaments have concluded. Still, I don't see why they couldn't have just put ALL the cars into the game and then made the car restrictions exclusive to the championship.

Ok? Like I said, no one wants standard cars. And we're not going to be getting them. PD put in the cars we see now mostly for the fia thing first. There's another Forza on this console generation. Of course they got the cars from that game to include. PD doesn't so they have ps3 gen cars to upgrade and then add. I don't understand what the deal is. Oh well, nothing worth arguing about imo.

Nobody wants standards is a strong claim?! The fact is PD have made a bad and a good decision when it comes to GT Sport. Good in the sense that no standards will appear. Bad in that no premium cars will be carried over. The excuse for GT Sport's small car list is poor. T10 having FM5 and 6 cars in 7 means hardly anything since GT Sport has been in development longer than Forza 6 and 7 put together. Without having to release any games in between. They should have alot more than 180 cars madeup of concepts and ficticious tuned duplicates to stump up the numbers, considering the time frame and what smaller studios are producing with a fraction of the budget and shorter time scale. But yet some perceive their paltry car list is an expertly chosen, balanced ensemble of vehicles, just to fool themselves.

As sad as it is, yes, dlc cars for GT Sport is welcome. For once it damn well needs them in the face of the competition.

Last edited:
Wrong. 800 people polled on GTP and more than half would have no problem with standards being in the next game which at the time we thought was GT7. If you read through the thread you'll find quite a few people that have no problem with standards cars.

Wrong. 800 people polled on GTP and more than half would have no problem with standards being in the next game which at the time we thought was GT7. If you read through the thread you'll find quite a few people that have no problem with standards cars.
GTP is a big site, but 800 people is nothing compared to the millions of people who buy GT games, so while that poll is nice, it's still a very tiny sampling. The cars themselves people want, but do you really think you're right by saying "more than half" want ps2 era quality cars in a ps4 game, or is the poll only asking whether or not if they'll buy the game if they're including? Come on, be honest, everyone knows you would be a very vocal critic if GT did that. BTW, when I said "nobody" I didn't literally mean "NOBODY AT ALL", it's a figure of speech man! :lol:
Nobody wants standards is a strong claim?! The fact is PD have made a bad and a good decision when it comes to GT Sport. Good in the sense that no standards will appear. Bad in that no premium cars will be carried over. The excuse for GT Sport's small car list is poor. T10 having FM5 and 6 cars in 7 means hardly anything since GT Sport has been in development longer than Forza 6 and 7 put together. Without having to release any games in between. They should have alot more than 180 cars madeup of concepts and ficticious tuned duplicates to stump up the numbers, considering the time frame and what smaller studios are producing with a fraction of the budget and shorter time scale. But yet some perceive their paltry car list is an expertly chosen, balanced ensemble of vehicles, just to fool themselves.

As sad as it is, yes, dlc cars for GT Sport is welcome. For once it damn well needs them in the face of the competition.
I don't care if it's a good or bad decision. That's a different discussion. I believe putting in ps2 era standard cars would be a nightmare, not just on these forums but for PD in general. The cars in general people want. Classics that have featured in GT, but blacked out windows with no interior and jaggy polygons? You really think this 'classic' would fly in 2017, 2018? ;)

Gran_Turismo_5_h_ssliche_Standard_Autos__5_.jpg

I don't care if it's a good or bad decision. That's a different discussion. I believe putting in ps2 era standard cars would be a nightmare, not just on these forums but for PD in general. The cars in general people want. Classics that have featured in GT, but blacked out windows with no interior and jaggy polygons? You really think this 'classic' would fly in 2017, 2018? ;)

Gran_Turismo_5_h_ssliche_Standard_Autos__5_.jpg

No I don't want them. But for someone claiming that they don't care, you certainly care enough no to want standard cars in GT Sport because of what only 800 on GTP forums over millions around the world think. Surely you cannot not want something as a member of the buying public based on what other people say? It is almost as if you believe PD are beyond reproach and feel they need to be protected from other people's negative opinions.

Last edited:
Kaz: “I am planning to add....

Smoke and mirrors. If very few cars get added this will be used as a defence that he didn't promise or mislead GT fans. Which you could argue he didn't. But he knows how the loyal GT player base works, he wants that base to read this comment as " we're gonna add loads of cars". Who knows, maybe he is planning a quantum leap in DLC?

Latest Posts

Back