Kia Stinger in Gran Turismo Sport?

...we can't all afford to ride around in luxury brands. Games like GT are great because they give me the opportunity to drive machines I'll never be able to afford in real life...

It's great that Kia/Hyundai are making genuine performance affordable. I think the issue is whether people who can afford premium marques would even consider a Korean sports car, even if it drove really well. It's down to what means more to you, the badge, or the driving experience. If you love driving, maybe you should give any brand a chance if it drove well, especially if it was made by people who love driving, too. I know Albert Biermann loves driving ;)

It's my opinion, which I am 100% entitled to. It's a shed. No BMW, Audi or Merc owner would ever trade to that thing. Utter junk. Far better cars to put in Gr3 like real GT3 cars and similar for starters. No need for more made up fantasy rubbish.

Do you even afford one of those cars? Will you ever afford one? My daily driver's now an F30 335 and the Stinger is certainly on my short list when I'll trade it. I had the chance to test it 1 month ago and the car feels very solid, the steering feel is very comparable with my 335, the build quality is waaayyyyy better and it's faster even if I have a JB4 and a downpipe. Realiability and maintenance costs will certainly be lower to. That's simple, for the price of a fully loaded Stinger you get a 330i with the same equipment. To have a comparable 340i with the same equipment, I have to pay 15k CND more... 15k for a badge? I'm not a badge snob. Well, most of the badge snobs will never afford one of these cars anyway.

It's great that Kia/Hyundai are making genuine performance affordable. I think the issue is whether people who can afford premium marques would even consider a Korean sports car, even if it drove really well. It's down to what means more to you, the badge, or the driving experience. If you love driving, maybe you should give any brand a chance if it drove well, especially if it was made by people who love driving, too. I know Albert Biermann loves driving ;)

You make valid points. I didn't mean to sound condescending when I made my comment about KIA. Call it brand snobbery, or loyalty, but I have been driving Infiiniti's for over 10 years now, I love the balance of performance and luxury that I get out of it. Is it perfect, no, but I have never had a problem and see no reason to look elsewhere. I am hoping to meet one of these on a track day and giving it a run. 👍

it's faster even if I have a JB4 and a downpipe. .

Did you know that BMS is working on the JB4 for the Stinger? Just might make you even consider it even more.:)

Did you know that BMS is working on the JB4 for the Stinger? Just might make you even consider it even more.:)[/QUOTE]

That's great news! They're already doing 12.9 at 111mph stock. Oh and I just saw you have an Infiniti! I miss mine! I had a 2014 Q50s AWD before my 335. What Infiniti you have?

Did you know that BMS is working on the JB4 for the Stinger? Just might make you even consider it even more.:)

That's great news! They're already doing 12.9 at 111mph stock. Oh and I just saw you have an Infiniti! I miss mine! I had a 2014 Q50s AWD before my 335. What Infiniti you have?[/QUOTE]

2017 Q50 Awd Sport, not to be confused with the Red Sport (the 400hp version). Mine is like the Red Sport, same bumper, upgraded brakes, computer modes, but 100 less hp stock. People are modding the 300hp version and getting higher numbers than the Red Sports for a lot less $$$$. All I have is a JB4 but it scoots. Hoping to hit the track this summer and see what times I can put down.

So back on topic, it looks like on paper stock for stock the KIA Stinger would smoke my car, I am 13.8 @ 102. (That seems really slow) so there is that.

That's great news! They're already doing 12.9 at 111mph stock. Oh and I just saw you have an Infiniti! I miss mine! I had a 2014 Q50s AWD before my 335. What Infiniti you have?

2017 Q50 Awd Sport, not to be confused with the Red Sport (the 400hp version). Mine is like the Red Sport, same bumper, upgraded brakes, computer modes, but 100 less hp stock. People are modding the 300hp version and getting higher numbers than the Red Sports for a lot less $$$$. All I have is a JB4 but it scoots. Hoping to hit the track this summer and see what times I can put down.

So back on topic, it looks like on paper stock for stock the KIA Stinger would smoke my car, I am 13.8 @ 102. (That seems really slow) so there is that.[/QUOTE]

Oh great. Yes I tried the 300hp version when they were working on my car and I don't know but it felt quicker than my 3.7. Maybe because of the instant torque. Yes, on paper, the Stinger is faster.

It's my opinion, which I am 100% entitled to. It's a shed. No BMW, Audi or Merc owner would ever trade to that thing. Utter junk. Far better cars to put in Gr3 like real GT3 cars and similar for starters. No need for more made up fantasy rubbish.
hey its your opinion. you can say what you want... :D

No need for more made up fantasy rubbish.

Have you actually played Gran Turismo? Like ever? You know the whole VGT thing? You know how PD have always had made up street and race cars?

I look at this argument like 'choosing beggars' (ref. reddit forum).

Other comparative titles have 600 plus cars and the Stinger is already there with little complaint.

God knows I love GT Sport but with a piddling 200 cars, people complain about not wanting certain cars because it offends their sensibilities and yet we arent in a good position to complain about MORE cars???

PD being an Asian company, the "Asian performance rwd saloon/sedan" category is a slam dunk.

Infiniti RedSport 400 vs. Hyundai G70 vs. Kia Stinger vs. Lexus GSF? Sounds good to me.

Yeah that is your opinion and not the opinion of BMW, Mercedes etc owners.

I’m not really sure about the Stinger. It looks ok but from some angles it’s a bit fugly, especially the rear three quarter view. It’s not all the nimble either as it’s fairly heavy. Seems like a Korean mustang. Would be a nice addition for sure but there are other cars I’d like to see first.

I’m reading a lot of articles now about it being developed on the Nürburgring, and it’s been subject to 480 laps etc... but I can’t actually find a time that it’s set. Can anyone shed any light?

So by your logic all Fectional GT3 cars like the Mustang F-Type etc are rubbish because PD made them?

Uurrgghhh, knew I would get even dafter responses than my daft post! Yes, I've played GT since day 1 in 97 thanks very much. And I own the type of car most would say is far above a Kia Stinker. Not through badge snobbery or any other stupid tag line but because I woked damn hard for somthing I aspired to despite a crippling disability. And yes, by my logic all the fictional cars are rubbish, Ok? Satisfied? Good, cos I'm not replying to or even reading any more responses to my awesome posts on this thread! Cheers!

I just open a account here just to respond to all bs here lol .... the car is a Beaaaaassttt twin turbo v6 rwd or awd bad ass from head to toe . Put a ego check to all those is just a kia comments.. and yes I bought one mine is blue rwd with brembo brakes. I am in fb and meet others owners and yes some them have bmw mercedes even a few hellcats owners and they all happy with the car.... yes is just s kia but is great car. Fast fun and luxurious what else you want....

Attachments

• IMG-20181124-WA0021.jpeg
    IMG-20181124-WA0021.jpeg
    76.1 KB · Views: 36
I just open a account here just to respond to all bs here lol .... the car is a Beaaaaassttt twin turbo v6 rwd or awd bad ass from head to toe . Put a ego check to all those is just a kia comments.. and yes I bought one mine is blue rwd with brembo brakes. I am in fb and meet others owners and yes some them have bmw mercedes even a few hellcats owners and they all happy with the car.... yes is just s kia but is great car. Fast fun and luxurious what else you want....

If someone judges a car by the badge or wouldn't want to drive that car because of the Kia badge, they have some serious ego issues. And most of the people who says that can't afford that car, so they can shut it up.

Alot of people trashing Kia/ Hyundai. I was once one of you :embarrassed:

In all seriousness I believed them to be junk cars for a long time, and for a long time they were. Transmission problems, horrible engines, CEL flashing for no reason, poor interior and materials- UGH.

BUT, over the last 5 or six years I can definitely say (and this is coming from an experienced auto tech) Hyundai has stepped their game up 100 fold. If you haven't driven a model manufactured after 2012 you shouldn't be trashing them because at this time they make a damn good car.

Most people see the badge and think "yea riiiight" but the first time I got into a newer model for service related work I was very very very surprised at just how good of a car they make today. They have come a looooong way. I'd put them right below or just about equal to Chevy in terms of build quality. seriously. And I worked for GM for a long time.

Go take a test drive at a dealer. It's free. You'll be just as shocked as I was. As far as I'm concerned anyone who talks down about newer Hyundai/Kia models haven't driven one and thus, have no point of reference. Opinion invalidated.

Last edited:
The Koreans are in the zone the Japanese were in the 90s, they are starting to make some quality cars and gradually get rid of the poor reputation. Unfortunately there is no group a motor racing so no need to build homologation special road cars to have as the hero car of the line up. Just look at what cars like the GTR, Evo, WRX did for those companys in the 90s.

Funny this thread resurfaces and Kia are in talks with Kelly Racing(once known as Nissan Motorsport) to join Virgin Australia Supercars Championship, in 2020.

Not to say this means such a potential race car would be in GT. However, if a deal is made and Kia bring the Stinger in, it would most likely arrive in Forza(as Supercars feature in that franchise). Anyway, anything can happen. We'll see what happens through 2019.

The Koreans are in the zone the Japanese were in the 90s, they are starting to make some quality cars and gradually get rid of the poor reputation. Unfortunately there is no group a motor racing so no need to build homologation special road cars to have as the hero car of the line up. Just look at what cars like the GTR, Evo, WRX did for those companys in the 90s.
They may not have a Motorsport division but they have a massiiiveeee tuning base in Asia. It's huge. Think American muscle culture back in the 60's and 70's but Hyundai lol

They may not have a Motorsport division but they have a massiiiveeee tuning base in Asia. It's huge. Think American muscle culture back in the 60's and 70's but Hyundai lol
Trust, I watch the Malaysian, Thailand custom culture videos. ;)

Nice ride mate!

I have to give credit to any company that strives to make a rwd/optional 4wd twin turbo V6 sports sedan for around $40k USD.

The Germans cant do it for the money. THe Japanese cant either.

The fact the Koreans do it is amazing in itself. The fact that people cant forgive that the car doesnt exactly match something Japanese or German that is about twice the price tells me that these people were never likely to give such a car a chance in the first place.

I acknowledge the Kia falls down in some aspects. YOu can see that Lexus and Infiniti both have better interiors.

The Q50s costs a lot more. I give the Koreans a lot of leeway when they get so much right.

In GT Sport there's much more in the way of 4,000lb luxury sport sedans so these fit in fine.

I acknowledge the Kia falls down in some aspects. YOu can see that Lexus and Infiniti both have better interiors.

I don't know about the Lexus, but I had a Q50 for 2 years. The interior doesn't rattle, but a lot of materials used are hard and cheap. Also, they share too much parts with Nissan. The cluster's screen is the exact same that you'll find in a Sentra. The infotainment system is verrryyyyy slow to react and the graphics are so cheap. The GPS screen looks like a Garmin GPS that you bought in 2006. I tried the Stinger and the interior is way better than the Q50.

Back