Kylie Minogue diagnosed with cancerMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Touring Mars
  • 7 comments
  • 604 views

Touring Mars

ツーリング マルス
Staff Emeritus
Messages
31,336
Scotland
Edinburgh
Messages
GTP_Mars
:( Very sorry to hear that Kylie has been diagnosed with breast cancer... thankfully, these days the chances of survival are alot higher than they used to be, and I only hope that her recovery is a swift and full one...
 
Touring Mars
:( Very sorry to hear that Kylie has been diagnosed with breast cancer... thankfully, these days the chances of survival are alot higher than they used to be, and I only hope that her recovery is a swift and full one...

That is just not fair... :(
 
I really, really hate her..

.. although I'm never one to wish misfortunes like that on people so hopefully she makes it through fine 👍
 
Its okay, she'll get a massive sympathy vote once she gets better and all it'll do is reinvent her career/popularity. She'll be on the front cover of everything and she'll ultimately benefit from this, provided she doesn't need any 'bits' removed. You can't have a pop singer sex symbol in that state!! OMG!

A very cynical part of me thinks she's made it up just to play the sympathy card, to have cancer like Delta Goodrem did. You know Delta would be nothing in Australia if she didn't have the amazing, against all odds, soapy (don't DARE give her crap because she had cancer) history.
She is still untalented. I know several girls who can play piano and sing better than Delta, with deeper less sucky lyrics too!
 
And it's not like she doesn't have the coin for the threatment. For some reason a lot of stars and politicians just miraculously pull through this sort of thing. Strange how biology now favours the rich, huh?
 
I found out about this, while I was waiting for my teriyaki lunch. I lost my appetite. :guilty: She's such a great performer, I hope she'll make it out of this ok.......
 
James2097
Its okay, she'll get a massive sympathy vote once she gets better and all it'll do is reinvent her career/popularity. She'll be on the front cover of everything and she'll ultimately benefit from this, provided she doesn't need any 'bits' removed. You can't have a pop singer sex symbol in that state!! OMG!

A very cynical part of me thinks she's made it up just to play the sympathy card, to have cancer like Delta Goodrem did. You know Delta would be nothing in Australia if she didn't have the amazing, against all odds, soapy (don't DARE give her crap because she had cancer) history.
She is still untalented. I know several girls who can play piano and sing better than Delta, with deeper less sucky lyrics too!

Hmmm, dunno about that James... I don't know about her status in Oz, but Kylie is massive here in the UK at the moment (she even lives here), and doesn't need a 'sympathy vote' or to 're-invent' her career... infact, she was meant to headline the Glastonbury festival this year... and of course she ain't making it up... for every 'against all odds' success story, there are also those who don't make it... let's just hope she isn't one of them...
 
Look, Kylie caught the cancer very early on in the piece, and pretty much anyone can be treated easily and pretty much always pulls through if its detected early enough, which is the case here.

Kylie is big-ish here in Aus, but not huge like Delta is. She is seen as a star on the way out. Besides I was only making a joke about her inventing the cancer! Obviously people don't invent serious stuff like that.

Imagine if every woman that got breast cancer recieved Kylie's level of public support, sympathy etc...

We worry about celebs too much! They're just people like anyone else, and don't deserve any more/less support than any woman fighting breast cancer. Kylie's done far better for herself than most of us will, so don't worry about her, she'll be fine.

I almost garauntee she'll make a full recovery soon and announce a sell out tour, due to people enjoying the drama and soapyness of her recovery. Its a tabloid's dream.
 
Back