Laguna Seca Confirmed for This Week's GT Sport Christmas Update

• Thread starter Stephan
  • 673 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
They shy away from adding racing cars update after update.
They added race cars in October and September as well as many times before that. We’re also getting that Gr.4 Supra soon as well. So they’re not shying away from race cars.
I honestly think there staff now has no one on it from the first 4 Gran Turismo’s.
So What has Kaz been doing for the past 23 years?

Nope. This is a racing game that’s does not add racing cars

I have officially had it with PD. They shy away from adding racing cars update after update. Instead we get pointless road cars and cars that have no right being in a racing game. I honestly think there staff now has no one on it from the first 4 Gran Turismo’s.

There will have to be some differentiation to GT7, so rest assured you will get you're much wanted race cars eventually, and seriously what more could you want when the P4 and F1 Mclaren are so sublime?

1996-porsche-911-gt2-auction.jpg

My all time favourite

tenor.gif

Police cars. POLICE CARS????? I don't know what to say!:lol: That is such a PD thing to do and I love it. You can laugh about them, cry over them, bicker and argue over them but that won't stop me from screwing around in them. However, let's not forget about the 2017 Ford GT...

They would need the race car for scanning too.

Tracks are pretty much never confirmed until right before updates go live.
"Tracks are pretty much never confirmed." - Nice assertion on your part.

So, is it's use in one of GT Sport's official series considered a "tease" or a "confirmation".

My post says "no mention of Laguna Seca" - meaning it was not brought up in Kaz's tweet. Therefore, I am disappointed.

To minorly clarify:

If this was posted today (on Saturday the 14th?) Does 'next week' mean the week starting the 16th, or the 23rd?

I'm not so certain that is a Toyota Crown. That Grill just screams E63 to me (Particularly, E63 S looking at the barely visable Spoiler). There is also the fact that there is an actual E63 Safety Car

290b026c7828bcdb6e44a1dfbaed4122.jpg

To minorly clarify:

If this was posted today (on Saturday the 14th?) Does 'next week' mean the week starting the 16th, or the 23rd?

There's only one day left in this week, so that would make 'next week' the week of the 16th.

On top of that, whenever a teaser is revealed Saturday, they always release the update on the Tuesday night afterwards.

EDIT: Tree'd, I shake my fist at thee, Sparkytooth

There's only one day left in this week, so that would make 'next week' the week of the 16th.

On top of that, whenever a teaser is revealed Saturday, they always release the update on the Tuesday night afterwards.

EDIT: Tree'd, I shake my fist at thee, Sparkytooth
Yes it means next week (starting on the 16th), probably thursday.
That what I figured, this would also give time to do a bug patch before the unknown FIA (probably Laguna Seca) race too.

I'm not so certain that is a Toyota Crown. That Grill just screams E63 to me (Particularly, E63 S looking at the barely visable Spoiler). There is also the fact that there is an actual E63 Safety Car

290b026c7828bcdb6e44a1dfbaed4122.jpg
Headlights are too round, also you could probably make out the mercedes line coming from the emblem.

The hoodlines, headlights and grille shape all match the S210 Crown closest.

upload_2019-12-14_22-13-30.png

28246638519_ac720f2913_b.jpg

Top left could be either the new Corvette, or the McLaren GT. Honestly though I'd be happier if it turns out to be the Ford GT.

I get the feeling that police car on the left (and the matching car from the bottom right) looks more like a Lexus, with those pieces of the front jutting out beyond the grille.

Looking forward to the Porsche/Ruf the most, that's about the only one I'd buy.

My post says "no mention of Laguna Seca" - meaning it was not brought up in Kaz's tweet. Therefore, I am disappointed.
I haven't been playing this game since the start but what I have noticed is that we don't usually know we're getting a track until a trailer is released around the same time as the update. Unless I've just been completely oblivious.

I haven't been playing this game since the start but what I have noticed is that we don't usually know we're getting a track until a trailer is released around the same time as the update. Unless I've just been completely oblivious.
I hear ya...

What I meant was that it wasn't even addressed and that is disappointing. But, the same kind of thing went on with Spa. It was used in the Championship Races and then we had to wait. We know there were issues with licensing Spa but I have not heard any license issue with Laguna Seca.

I guess it is too much to expect a comment from PD about it at this point.

I hear ya...

What I meant was that it wasn't even addressed and that is disappointing. But, the same kind of thing went on with Spa. It was used in the Championship Races and then we had to wait. We know there were issues with licensing Spa but I have not heard any license issue with Laguna Seca.

I guess it is too much to expect a comment from PD about it at this point.
I mentioned this to Penguin just a short time ago but I think that PD is starting to use the FIA events for beta testing and that people are probably going to have to get used to that, without expecting anything they see to show up shortly after.

Wait what....

PD is adding... cop cars now?

Oh god the Cops Vs Robbers lobbies are gonna LOVE this

I didn't know these existed, but I must find them now. If it wasn't for the spotlights & push bar on the Charger, I would have thought they were all just safety cars. Still waiting on that Mustang safety car, but will STFU if we're getting a Charger with a roof bar.

Top left could be either the new Corvette, or the McLaren GT. Honestly though I'd be happier if it turns out to be the Ford GT.

I was going to disagree about the Ford GT. The hood line screamed Ferrari IMO. I personally think it is too soon for the C8 Corvette to be added, unless PD got major early access to the car, like the C7.

Headlights are too round, also you could probably make out the mercedes line coming from the emblem.

The hoodlines, headlights and grille shape all match the S210 Crown closest.

View attachment 873455

28246638519_ac720f2913_b.jpg

That's actually the best closeup I've seen of that silhouette today. Now that I'm really looking at it, its does look closer to the Crown then the E63. Slightly disappointed, but not too fussed. Its an interesting yet unexpected addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back