Lamborghini Huracán LP610-4

• Thread starter JMoney
  • 499 comments
I wish they would have incorporated more elements of the Sesto Elemento into the design. It looks awfully similar to other cars in the Lambo line up. I do like that it's smaller so there is that.

If it did look more like the Sesto, it'll still look like other cars in the Lambo line up...

Am I the only one who looks at the Huracán and still sees the Gallardo in it?

1956971_10152268671673256_2126922092_o.jpg

Am I the only one who looks at the Huracán and still sees the Gallardo in it?
I personally don't see any. The Gallardo was much longer and a big more tamed. This one's, as I said before, looks smaller (like a 12C and 458) And has an aggressive look.

Looks like we have a Lamborghini Huracán "driving simulator" now: (sort of) http://drivemyhuracan.lamborghini.com/

Anybody tried it yet?

It's not very realistic, but it's not too easy either. It's not bad for something running on a browser. It's really laggy on my laptop though.

It reminds me of BMW commissioning the BMW M3 Challenge game to promote the E92 M3 Coupé. But, that one was much more advanced.

The approach to make it curvier certainly causes the car looking less like a doorstop. (that's the word Omnis used to describe the Gallardo LP560-4 somewhere in The Infield) Also, the face is quite reminiscent of the Estoque concept, once you recall that car.

Where are you seeing the Diablo?

Bear with me, it's probably a reach, but here:
image-jpg.129110

The Huracan quite obviously takes a lot from the Aventador:

Lamborghini_Aventador_LP_700-4_-_Flickr_-_J.Smith831_(1).jpg

Which means back to the sexy hexagonal Lamborghini styling cues rather than the rather austere, stark geometric styling of the Gallardo (much like the Enzo's no-nonsense lines). But it moves things along somewhat... while still referencing the past.

Lamborghini_Gallardo_3.jpg

The Gallardo, to me, has always seemed a car apart from the Lamborghini group. Breaking the tradition of aftermarket Civic scissor doors. Working with simpler geometries than the big boys. You would never mistake the Gallardo for one of the big Lambos. Which, I guess was the point. Gallardo buyers were Lamborghini buyers, but not true Lamborghini buyers. Which allowed the company to continue making expensive models for their more snobbish clientele.

Lamborghini_Murci%C3%A9lago_LP_670%E2%80%934_SuperVeloce_at_Sepang_International_Circuit,_Malaysia.JPG

The Murcielago was more dramatic. The slashing side intake is the most obvious tie to the Huracan, which eschews the big vertical side intake of the Gallardo or Aventador for something vaguely similar to the Murcie's.

Then there's the Diablo.
LamborghiniDiabloSV.jpg
Lamborghini_Diablo.JPG

The cowled side windows and dramatically dipping window (up front) remind me very strongly of the Diablo. Granted, the Aventador carries this, too, but it's something that skipped a generation and was less pronounced on the Murcie and the Gallardo. It's coming back and getting sharper on these cars.

Also, the Huracan has a very noticeably horizontally arranged headlamp... similar to the Diablo's. Like I said, it's probably a reach, as those headlamps have been slowly backing away from the vertical layout established in the Murcie and the Gallardo, but that's how it feels.

Whew. :lol:

Last edited:
Niky's on the mark. The Aventador has small cues referenced from the older V12s, so it's only natural the Huracan carries some of those same traits when letting the Aventador & Elemento influence it.

Yeah, the Huracan actually has more Diablo-like styling features than the Aventador, most notably the arrangement of the side and window air intakes.

On an unrelated note, I've heard people mentioning lately that they'd love to see a P1/918/LaFerrari competitor from Lamborghini. I'm not sure if they realize that a car from Lamborghini which performs on that level probably won't look anything like a traditional Lamborghini. The general design wouldn't work very well for such an aerodynamically demanding performance requirement - the cars are too big in general, the greenhouse is far too wide, there's way too much frontal area. Seeing a more prototype-like Lamborghini would be weird. I don't know, maybe they could make it work with the traditional shape but that's probably not the easy way to do it.

I think Lamborghini really should do it despite the looks. For a company which tries to be 'Extreme. Unexpected. Italian' their creations are getting to be a bit too similar, so having a car which really pushes the boat out and looks different to the Hurucan and Aventador wouldn't be a terrible thing

Yeah, the Huracan actually has more Diablo-like styling features than the Aventador, most notably the arrangement of the side and window air intakes.

On an unrelated note, I've heard people mentioning lately that they'd love to see a P1/918/LaFerrari competitor from Lamborghini. I'm not sure if they realize that a car from Lamborghini which performs on that level probably won't look anything like a traditional Lamborghini. The general design wouldn't work very well for such an aerodynamically demanding performance requirement - the cars are too big in general, the greenhouse is far too wide, there's way too much frontal area. Seeing a more prototype-like Lamborghini would be weird. I don't know, maybe they could make it work with the traditional shape but that's probably not the easy way to do it.
You've already seen it in the Egoista. :sly:

After reading @niky's post, I come to the conclusion that the Huracan is sexy because Lamborghini.

The Diablo is just plain sexy, my favorite Lambo and one of my favorite cars of all time. I'd have to rank the Aventador 2nd, Murcielago SV LP670 3rd. I'm glad the Huracan has ques from each. I've never really liked Gallardo's looks wise. Only reason I like them at all is for the UGR (Underground Racing tuner) high horsepower builds just for pure insane high speed performance. I'm really digging the Huracan visually.

Last edited:

As much as I hate it, this fits the description reasonably well.

2013-lamborghini-egoista-9_600x0w.jpg

Very narrow greenhouse. The frontal area is probably enormous thanks to the gratuitous design, but if they wanted to, it could be made to work I'm sure. It would be a very Lamborghini way, even. Such little compromise (or so much?) that only one person can fit in it. That's not something Ferrari nor Mclaren have been willing to do.

I always loved the Gallardo LP560-4 in person, I never really cared for the pre-facelift version, though.

Maybe this will push the Gallardos down into the 60-80k range. If so....target acquired.
04s have bottomed out to $90K with 20,000+ miles already in thanks to the last face lift. 04s under that range are $100 - 110K. Every model year newer is going to run you a $120,000 unless they too are over 20,000 miles.

They're not depreciating anymore any time soon.

Back