Lastest bop changes.

• Thread starter talhaONE
  • 127 comments
You can't change you setup of you car in GT Sport to minimize / maximize the BoP fluctuations. Not to mention the physics that ruined some cars since 1.39.

This is to create an even playing field in GT Sport between those who understand how to set up their cars and those who don't. Allowing people change set ups that aren't affected by BOP will just drive casual players away and will just be another example of L33T sim-racer snobbery, which isn't really inside the audience and participation goals that GT Sport has set itself now is it?

The increased weight before the update with the Gr.3 Ferrari would compound on its tendency to slide around like it’s on ice and it made for a very unrealistically poor handling car. I think that the reduced weight had helped alleviate those issues. It might have lost out a bit on the straights but overall I think the Ferrari times are going to start coming down slightly because the car is much better in the corners.

By reading the comments in here it feels like everything involving the ferrari gr3 has been bad news.

Gut reactions versus lap times. So far, people who have driven it find it faster. myself included

The NSX got the same adjustment (-2% power and weight) and I got another 1/2 second out of it at Suzuka.

So, why did the 4C Gr.3 get nerfed when it wasn't even close to being OP? And why did the Gr.4 get a weight buff when it already is the best car on tires?

The SHOULD have nerfed the the Supra prototype. There's a car that is both too light and to powerful.

I'm biased though, I hate it because it's ugly AND it's too fast.

So, why did the 4C Gr.3 get nerfed when it wasn't even close to being OP? And why did the Gr.4 get a weight buff when it already is the best car on tires?

Same discussion as with the other cars in this thread. Losing power isn't a nerf when you lose weight.

I disagree. Weight puts you into a different place on track. Hence, why many series use a weight penalty for success. And 2 seconds off the ultimate pace since when? Did someone go even faster this morning in something other than an R8 or are you comparing against the current top times, set prior to the change?
Are you saying you'd be 2 seconds faster with the pre BoP change Audi? Because if not, you are off from the pace of the top guys. This difference is like a bronze or silver driver to a platinum one in real life, so it makes you too slow to judge BoP settings correctly.

I'm not trying to be arrogant, I'm in the 2:01s myself and would only see your backlights ;).

The impact in the M6 is barely noticeable, if at all. Since the physics UP, the car has so much grip out of corners (and the turbo also helps from 1st to 4th gear) that 1% in weight won't be such a big of a deal.
Talking from experience of driving these cars with a lot of different BoPs Lexus RCF, BMW M6 and Merc AMG GT start feeling a bit more messy and tyre wear dependent only close to the 1350 Kg value or more, anything below that and said cars will always be among the most stable ones. I really doubt PD will ever go that high with weight in those cars.

Are you saying you'd be 2 seconds faster with the pre BoP change Audi? Because if not, you are off from the pace of the top guys. This difference is like a bronze or silver driver to a platinum one in real life, so it makes you too slow to judge BoP settings correctly.

I'm not trying to be arrogant, I'm in the 2:01s myself and would only see your backlights ;).

It's not a random roll of the dice. Applying a gut feeling to something is silly, and that's what you are doing by saying the Ferrari must be slower because it lost power. You are completely discounting it's now enhanced ability to accelerate out of a corner and it's improve corner entry speed and mid corner speed.

I'm not the only one finding more time in the Ferrari, as well as the other cars that have been similarly adjusted.

Dropping weight made the cars immediately faster. Dropping the power just makes it so they aren't OP now. When I was comparing my new NSX best lap (2:00.0) to my pre update best lap (2:00.4), I could easily to see that the new NSX leaps out of the corner better and carries more speed around the corner. The old car just catches it at the end of the main straight at the beginning of the lap, but that extra power can't close the gap on the back straight.

Your reasoning that my less than optimal time negates my ability to judge the BoP changes is backwards. The LESS skill you have, the LESS you'll notice the advantages of the BoP change. Regardless of how good you are, we all have the same power in a straight line. The better players carry more speed around corners, ergo optimizing the straights. The lesser players throw it all away in the corners.

I would be shocked to see any of the better players on this forum fail to perform better with that Ferrari (same goes with the Huracan, NSX, Alfa, RCZ, and McLaren).

EDIT: It's easy enough to test. Go to Time trial and set the car up the old settings, then change it to the new settings.

Last edited:
This is to create an even playing field in GT Sport between those who understand how to set up their cars and those who don't. Allowing people change set ups that aren't affected by BOP will just drive casual players away and will just be another example of L33T sim-racer snobbery, which isn't really inside the audience and participation goals that GT Sport has set itself now is it?

What does that have to do with what I said, I don't know.

Everyboddy talks about Ferrari, yes ferrari become better because its less dangerous. I test all the Bop changes and in my opinion the R8 its stiil good depending on circuit. The fast MR car in technical track its Huracain Gr3.
To endurance race i test the Peugeot RCZ and its simply amazing. I think people Forget the peugeot. XD This ouf course its m’y opinion.:)

I've done a test with the Audi R8 and I'm 6-7 tenths slower at Dragontrail Seaside than I was before the patch (With a good lap to). Low 35's were possible before the BoP and I'm struggling to see a 35 after the BoP change. You have to drive the car much more aggressive now, rather than the progressiveness before hand. The issue is when you hit that limit in this car, you go full R8 mode as it was previously. Will it be good in race conditions? I'm not sure but we'll find out I guess this Saturday.

THE biggest impact I've seen vs my ghost is acceleration out of corners, my ghost just sods off, even if I get round the corner 1-2 mph quicker.
I tigney i test the RCZ and its Quick. Huracain to set hot laps and rcz to endurance race :)

I've tested the 4C Gr3 at 100/100, 105/105 (previous BoP) and 107/107 (Custom BoP for an event race) and I can say for sure the 4C only gets faster the more those values are evenly distributed, so I can only assume 104/104 would be a next to unnoticeable nerf. If anything, it just makes it worse at power tracks and that much sucks. The only thing that's gonna save this car is a change in default setup that makes it less prone to understeering into Narnia.

Gr4 buff is nice considering it has the issue of being eaten alive on straights and held up in the corners, hopefully it gets just that slight bit more acceleration, we'll see how it works out.

I'd seen someone mention less weight will equate to better tire wear, but that literally doesn't matter since it's nonexistent right now. Really all I see right now is power nerfs across the board for MRs and I worry that they'll get crushed at power tracks. At the end of the day, though, it'll all come down to how they go in practice, so I'm going to have to go and try all the cars.

I don’t think the BoP changes have done much to topple Audi’s dominance. I’m looking at the top 10 times for Gr.3 at Suzuka and everyone in the top split is still using the darn Audi.

4C Gr.3 losing power is not great but not insanely game changing. It'll simply perform slightly slightly worse in power tracks which already was half struggling.
Doesn't make me want to return to that Manu though.

I'm a bit curious about the power increase of the Peugeot 908. Can't say I've found it slow before, did really well with it at Le Mans weekly race last time around. Maybe they're buffing it to counter the "VGT must not be Meta!" whiners?

Everyboddy talks about Ferrari, yes ferrari become better because its less dangerous. I test all the Bop changes and in my opinion the R8 its stiil good depending on circuit. The fast MR car in technical track its Huracain Gr3.
To endurance race i test the Peugeot RCZ and its simply amazing. I think people Forget the peugeot. XD This ouf course its m’y opinion.:)

100% agreement

I think I can get the Peugeot into the 1:59's at Suzuka now.

4C Gr.3 losing power is not great but not insanely game changing. It'll simply perform slightly slightly worse in power tracks which already was half struggling.
Doesn't make me want to return to that Manu though.

GR3 Huracan is an example. Maybe it'll be slower on the straight at Le Mans, But I just tested against my ghost from a few days ago at Suzuka. Despite losing 2% in power, it walks away from it's more powerful counterpart down the back straight because it launches out of the corner better and accelerates down the straight better. By the time the power makes a difference, it's too late.

I'm not saying that all those cars have been buffed, but the adjustments are also not a nerf by any means.

The gr3 Lambo seems to me to be a car that will kill you at every opportunity. For my style of driving it’s a complete nightmare.
I’m so set in my ways.
For mr I love the MClaren gr3 cars handling, but’s it’s so slow in my hands...
Anything fr for me is just so much easier to drive using wheel.
I just tried out the mr at Suzuka, NSX MClaren Lambo. With their quicker steering ratios and hyper rotation ability they are just a mess for me.
I’m a Chevy guy...Although the Supra beat my Chevy time at Suzuka by a tenth...Of course I spun it several times So noway would I use it.
For me, I really can only get good at one gr3 at a time. Learning a car takes many laps, then racing it and learning how it is in race is also different.
I really don’t see changing cars anytime soon. Today was the first day I tried out a bunch of the gr3.
Over the course of a race, give me stability and power of fr every time. I might not hit the fastest lap but I’ll be able to hit my laptimes consistently and not be worried about flying off the track.

The RCZ used to be OP to be fair, I remember when I discovered it and I literally was like 'hhhheeellllooooo there :D'.

Edit: The group 3 that is, there's no hope for the group 4.
yes thats true. No hope at all only if ou race in route X :)

I dont understand why Ford rarely gets any bop changes.. too little use and thus data?
I've been wondering why they get no changes as well. My theory is that PD uses the Mustangs as the benchmark (edit: control is probably a better word) car that all others are tested against, therefore no changes... but it is just a theory :dopey:.

Last edited:
My beloved Ferrari GT3 keeps getting nerfed it was so awesome when the game released I hardly drive it now because it’s because so slow on the straights and loose in the rear. With the latest handling it’s become more drivable it’s real difficult for me around Bathurst other circuits it’s manageable. But I’d say increase the weight 1% and increase the power some 3% maybe. It definitely needs a HP boost.

Back