Lastest bop changes.

• Thread starter talhaONE
  • 127 comments
Bruh supra isnt 5 mph faster on straights. Its slightly faster but has crappy corner exits due to its lsd which makes it balanced.
Here are 5 cars, bop, no tune, tested on le mans (route x has oval bop)
Supra: 178 mph
Corvette: 176 mph
4C: 176 mph
McLaren F1: 182 mph
Beetle: 177 mph
So yes, 5 mph was an exaggeration. But these numbers don’t tell the full story. The Supra’s top spot should be higher, but it’s final gear is too short for it (set it’s gears to 199mph and you will see what I mean). It hit it’s top speed by the first chicane, when every other car were still accelerating. The F1 can’t corner, but the Supra can. It’s acceleration is dumb to the point that while it’s top speed isn’t 5 mph faster, it goes that speed on a straight because of its acceleration

I think the top speeds of the GT3 cars in game are pretty much spot on, but the 2016 RSR is way too slow. With minimal downforce alone it should easily be able to reach over 290 km/h without slipstream and then with optimal gear ratios nearly 300 km/h. There's just absolutely no way the real life counterpart could've done 3:54 at Le Mans if its top speed was only 280 km/h max.
There's no 2016 RSR in the game though. Only 2017. You have to consider that the car in the game is not using the low-downforce aero kit. If you look at IMSA/WEC data, the top speed is closer to the game's version.

I watched the guys drive last year at Salzburg when they were adjusting the BoP there and it was basically watching a standard DR B lobby at best.

What?? Once I read somewhere that 2-3 japanese super-aliens work for PD for the BoP :confused:

What?? Once I read somewhere that 2-3 japanese super-aliens work for PD for the BoP :confused:

At the event it was custom BoP and it was not the aliens they have back in Japan, we could see the event guys changing the power/weight values on the setup screen. When they set the BoP in game they only use one track and one driver to test it (or at least that was the case a few months ago)

The same spec did a 3:54 at Le Mans during qualifying in 2016, yet I can barely do 4:01 in it in the game with RS tires and tuning. And it's not because I can't drive, I actually know that track very well and I can do 3:21 in a 919, just around 1 and a half second slower than the qualifying pace in 2016. So when I'm 7 seconds off the pace in the same car at the exact same track something must be wrong. And I know exactly where I lose most of the time: even with adjusted gear ratios and minimal downforce the car can barely reach 280 km/h at the 3 long straights at Le Mans, whereas the same car could easily reach nearly 300 km/h in real life. How do you explain the significant difference in top speeds??

It's got absolutely nothing in common with the 2016 car. The 2016 car was rear-engined, naturally aspirated and designed to an older ruleset. The 2017 car was completely new, mid-engined, turbo-charged and designed to the current ruleset.

Please do your research before spewing deliberately argumentative nonsense.

It's got absolutely nothing in common with the 2016 car. The 2016 car was rear-engined, naturally aspirated and designed to an older ruleset. The 2017 car was completely new, mid-engined, turbo-charged and designed to the current ruleset.

You're really stupid, are you not? The 2017 spec was supposed to be faster than the 2016 one and it was in real life. Yet the same 2017 spec 911 RSR in the game is MUCH SLOWER than the 2016 one in real life, let alone the 2017 spec which it's based on. I swear some users in this forum are plain stupid...

Bottom line is the 911 RSR in the game is nerfed and is much, much slower than its real life counterpart. Don't believe me? Do a couple of laps at Le Mans and see for yourself.

You're really stupid, are you not? The 2017 spec was supposed to be faster than the 2016 one and it was in real life. Yet the same 2017 spec 911 RSR in the game is MUCH SLOWER than the 2016 one in real life, let alone the 2017 spec which it's based on. I swear some users in this forum are plain stupid...

Bottom line is the 911 RSR in the game is nerfed and is much, much slower than its real life counterpart. Don't believe me? Do a couple of laps at Le Mans and see for yourself.

Yeah the Porsche RSRs are really slow, everything basically Flys past it down any reasonably long straight.

Yeah the Porsche RSRs are really slow, everything basically Flys past it down any reasonably long straight.

Funny thing is the RSR in the game is one of the slowest Group 3 cars at any high speed track. In real life it would be the exact opposite: this GTE car would smoke most if not all GT3 cars at the same track.

Funny thing is the RSR in the game is one of the slowest Group 3 cars at any high speed track. In real life it would be the exact opposite: this GTE car would smoke most if not all GT3 cars at the same track.

Porsche 911 rsr is practically a Beetle in terms of handlings. It would be Overpowered as hell if it was fast at straights too. So its a GTE car so it should be faster isnt a valid arguement.

The same spec did a 3:54 at Le Mans during qualifying in 2016, yet I can barely do 4:01 in it in the game with RS tires and tuning. And it's not because I can't drive, I actually know that track very well and I can do 3:21 in a 919, just around 1 and a half second slower than the qualifying pace in 2016. So when I'm 7 seconds off the pace in the same car at the exact same track something must be wrong. And I know exactly where I lose most of the time: even with adjusted gear ratios and minimal downforce the car can barely reach 280 km/h at the 3 long straights at Le Mans, whereas the same car could easily reach nearly 300 km/h in real life. How do you explain the significant difference in top speeds??
If 4:01 is the best you can do on RS tires with tuning (and I hope power/weight 100/100), it actually means you should get back to that rack and practice. I'm an old fart on a T150 with a B rating in sport mode and even I did a 3:58 (in my second lap). It was far from optimum even for me, so I bet the top dogs can go faster than 3:54 in that configuration.

Concerning the top speeds: Well, as was said twice, they run a low downforce kit in Le Mans.

Also, it's not necessarily the case that GTE cars are faster than GT3 on the straights. GTE cars have more mechanical grip and can therefore run less downforce and they are lighter, they are not more powerful. How top speeds turn out has a lot to do with the event BoP.
I just looked up the IMSA top speeds from 2017 in Daytona and the RSR did 293kph/182.5mph. Which is exactly the same top speed that the Huracan GT3 had in the same race. You can browse through results here: http://results.imsa.com/

Most importantly though, and I can't stress that enough: This game is not a simulation. Drawing any parallels between GTS and the real world is extremely thin ice. Even if it were, the developers would lack a lot of information needed to accurately simulate all the cars. The game should be believable within itself and the BoP should make for fun racing with various cars. That's really all we can ask for.

If 4:01 is the best you can do on RS tires with tuning (and I hope power/weight 100/100), it actually means you should get back to that rack and practice. I'm an old fart on a T150 with a B rating in sport mode and even I did a 3:58 (in my second lap). It was far from optimum even for me, so I bet the top dogs can go faster than 3:54 in that configuration.

I would consider somewhere between 4:00 and 3:58 to be the "realistic" lap time. I've no doubt some extremely fast players can go faster than 3:54, but with the significantly lower top speed on the 3 straights that could only mean one thing: the car is ridiculously fast around corners, too fast in fact. So just because someone can go faster than 3:54 doesn't mean the car performans like it does in real life. I'm well aware of the fact that GTS isn't a sim but for the most part it feels realistic enough and most cars do have similar performance to their real life counterparts, unfortunately the RSR just isn't one of those.

The 911 RSR has been N/A since 2016. Only major changes they did over years is the exhaust in 2018. For 2020 they are rolling out a new RSR-19 (Why 19? Because Porsche decides what year it is apparently).

It’s expected to stay N/A at least until Porsche decides they can’t keep increasing displacement without sipping more fuel.

That being said, to match the Le Mans times, you either have to be an alien or push the power closer to 600 hp. Personally, I think GTE cars in real life at Le Mans are doing close to that considering they can dip below 3:50 in optimal conditions. ACO never does publish how much power they are pushing, and manufacturers only publish figures that are always usually under quoted.

What do you think about the lastest bop changes? It looks like Audi R8 lms nerfed hard.
Absolutely no change to the two worst manufacturers in the game; Mitsubishi and Citroen, which are absolute dog**** at any track. WTF are these guys even doing?

So yes, 5 mph was an exaggeration. But these numbers don’t tell the full story. The Supra’s top spot should be higher, but it’s final gear is too short for it (set it’s gears to 199mph and you will see what I mean). It hit it’s top speed by the first chicane, when every other car were still accelerating. The F1 can’t corner, but the Supra can. It’s acceleration is dumb to the point that while it’s top speed isn’t 5 mph faster, it goes that speed on a straight because of its acceleration

This top speeds are meaningless to the actual race pace of these cars. If a car only hits 170mph on a long straight but is 3s faster to get there, that is a massive advantage in every other part of the track. With the exception of La Sarthe and maybe Fuji and St Croix top speed is irrelevant. Apex speed and acceleration out of corners up to 120mph is what matters. Turbos help too on tracks with elevation changes.

That being said, to match the Le Mans times, you either have to be an alien or push the power closer to 600 hp. Personally, I think GTE cars in real life at Le Mans are doing close to that considering they can dip below 3:50 in optimal conditions. ACO never does publish how much power they are pushing, and manufacturers only publish figures that are always usually under quoted.

From what I've been hearing from some of the technical guys in the media centre, it fluctuates between 450-550bhp depending on BOP. They're a similar performance level to GT3 but the trade-off is a lot more downforce at the expense of power, although it isn't unheard of to hear LMP1 and LMP2 drivers say that they think the GTE cars are sometimes dangerously slow on the straights.

The Supra maybe be fast in a straight line and good acceleration. It's not a car that I can get the hang of through the corners to be anyway decent enough to use in a meaningful race.

Lol I picked the Audi R8 for a mini endurance at Le Mans, and we use BOP. Now they've nerfed exactly what I need at Le Mans.

The increased weight before the update with the Gr.3 Ferrari would compound on its tendency to slide around like it’s on ice and it made for a very unrealistically poor handling car.

This. When we had N24 in Race C I was sliding around in the last third of the track on the second lap.

This. When we had N24 in Race C I was sliding around in the last third of the track on the second lap.

I set mine to -2 now. It's so much better. I played around with it and tried a few settings. I kind of liked +1, but it was too inconsistent.

Got a Suzuka win out it!

Absolutely no change to the two worst manufacturers in the game; Mitsubishi and Citroen, which are absolute dog**** at any track. WTF are these guys even doing?
Sure it's just not your driving? I've been able to win with the Citroen and have seen others do so too.

Sure it's just not your driving? I've been able to win with the Citroen and have seen others do so too.
That would have more to do with the level of competition. Up to B or even A DR, anyone is capable of winning in just about anything, but once you reach A+ the margins between everyone become tight enough that an off-meta car just isn't going to be good enough to win, unless you're TRL Lightning and drag the McLaren 650S kicking and screaming into relevancy back in Exhibition S1 2019. Which meant the McLaren didn't get the buff it should've gotten, so thanks for ruining the BoP Mikail :P

That would have more to do with the level of competition. Up to B or even A DR, anyone is capable of winning in just about anything, but once you reach A+ the margins between everyone become tight enough that an off-meta car just isn't going to be good enough to win, unless you're TRL Lightning and drag the McLaren 650S kicking and screaming into relevancy back in Exhibition S1 2019. Which meant the McLaren didn't get the buff it should've gotten, so thanks for ruining the BoP Mikail :P

All it takes is one good driver to ruin the BoP for everyone else! :lol:

Can someone clarify something for me please? The update was June 27th, when did this BoP update happen? There was no update to download in the last week, it would be weird if it all happened on the 27th and we only heard about it thursday

Can someone clarify something for me please? The update was June 27th, when did this BoP update happen? There was no update to download in the last week, it would be weird if it all happened on the 27th and we only heard about it thursday

I think the changes came on the 27th yes, with the update 1.40.

I've often wonder if the countless BOP updates are overkill. I sometimes feel, if they improved the locked setup on some cars they would be more competitive. Some cars have too much diff, others are terrible on the curbs, some don't rotate, other's rotate too much, etc. Some simple setup changes can easily level out the field better than the back and forth on power and weight, as they dumb-down the entire field of cars in search of equity.

I think the changes came on the 27th yes, with the update 1.40.

The BoP changes came several days after the update. There was a maintenance early last week and the BoP changed at that time. That's why the Suzuka leader board didn't change much from the beginning of the week to the end (at least here in the Americas)

The BoP changes came several days after the update. There was a maintenance early last week and the BoP changed at that time. That's why the Suzuka leader board didn't change much from the beginning of the week to the end (at least here in the Americas)

Over the weekend the only real change to the EMEA leaderboard was we ended up with a 458 GT3 in 3rd place with a 1m58.2xx (a sweet lap it was too)

Yep, that's correct. 👍

The 1.40 update released on 27th of June.
And the BoP changes 'are part' of the 1.40 update.
But the BoP didn't actually change until the additional maintenance after 1.40, which was last Thursday, 4th July.
*Excluding the Peugeot 908 - to the best of my knowledge.*

Back