Lastest bop changes.

• Thread starter talhaONE
  • 127 comments
Did a 1:59.959 qualifier yesterday morning in my R8 with little to no effort which honestly surprised me. About 0.800s off the pace of #10 in the Top 10 leaderboards.

The car isn't as twitchy, the power delivery is smoother, though I guess do find myself lacking on the straights or on a "drag" race from a corner exit, like the first hairpin on Suzuka; being out powered by the AMG GT for example.

Overall I like the changes.

It's not a random roll of the dice. Applying a gut feeling to something is silly, and that's what you are doing by saying the Ferrari must be slower because it lost power.
It wasn't gut feeling, I overlooked the fact that it not only lost power but also weight. :banghead:

I'd still like to hear opinions of the top drivers about the Ferrari but what you are saying makes more sense to me now :D.

Voodoovaj is applying ABS Weak logic to the argument. "I'm faster on this setting/BoP change, therefore said change must be faster for everyone." No. Less power + worse power/weight ratio always equals a slower car.

If you went faster, it's because your old lap was not representative of your current skill level, and if you were to set the car at it's old BoP and actually drive a representative lap, it would be faster.

Surprised the GTR Gr.3 didnt get lowered in power, that thing is a rocket in a straight line! Not complaining though, Nissan was my choice for the manufacturers cup!

Isnt power to weight the same though, if both were decreased at the same rate?
In theory, yes. Probably isn't although I feel results will vary by driver. I could see how the average person may be faster with the MR cars if the changes made them easier to drive at the expense of optimum lap time. Audi R8 may be a different case since they took a 3% hit in power but only 2% weight loss. Feels like an unnecessary power nerf like they've done in the past with the Gr3 Lancer and the Gr3 Viper (which is still an understeering truck).

I do wish they would actually consider changing the stock settings on some of these cars rather than simple tweaks to power and weight. Those can only go so far.

Isnt power to weight the same though, if both were decreased at the same rate?
The Ferrari went from 99% to 97% power, so it decreased by 2.02% from its starting value. Weight went from 109% to 107% which is a reduction by 1.83%. So, power to weight ratio is a tiny bit worse now.

However, it's not so easy that you could say "performance stays the same when power to weight ratio stays the same" as neither the driving resistances nor the theoretically possible corner speeds correlate linearily to power and weight. That also means that if you lower weight and power of a car by a certain amount keeping power to weight the same, it can make the car faster on some tracks and slower on others. This effect is even stronger for cars with high aerodynamic grip as that is a function of speed and geometry.

I wish they would split the old Gr.2 into its own class and stop trying to make it equal to the newer cars. It's impossible to cover the aero deficiency just by tweaking power/weight and makes for terrible handling cars. At stock power/weight the 2008 cars are actually very good to drive and quite balanced with each other.

Gr.3 is interesting. Seems like a lot of MR cars have their power and weight reduced. I was expecting the opposite. The FT-1 is already OP top speed wise and they still gave it a power buff, the mind boggles. The extra weight will help tone down its OP tyre wear though.

Still no love for any of the backmarkers like Citroen or Mitsubishi :( Seems like PD just gave up on these and focuses on the top ranking manufacturers instead...

None of the update really effects me, all the cars changed are cars that I rarely to never use.
Whether you drive any of the affected cars or not if you race against any of the cars that has changes the BOP adjustment will affect you as in whether the cars changed are faster, accelerate out of corners sooner or faster and/or can brake later or carry more corner speed.

You are affected on the track.

I just hope Toyota come up with an MR Gr3 car soon...I like to use the Gr3 650s, the changes have not been kind to it, it's slower and the lower weight has made it a bit more nervous over the kerbs, it can do a good lap time but not in traffic, one other thing I noticed is it tends to "bounce off" other cars, so even minimal contact can have a drastic effect.

So did a back to back with the Ferrari at Dragon Trail on TT (17:00, Racing Mediums same as FIA)

99/109 = 1:36.6
97/107 = 1:36.9

Acceleration, which was the 458's rare plus point, has taken a big hit and it's not that much better through the corners. Still hates kerbs and elevation.

So it might be easier for more people to extract the car's performance, but that performance level has gone down which is not the purpose of BoP.

So it might be easier for more people to extract the car's performance, but that performance level has gone down which is not the purpose of BoP.

By your description it sounds as if maybe on this car anyway that PD although reducing the actual maximum extreme limits of performance capability in the hands of a driver capable of the top pointed end of the spear driving levels increased the ease of reaching a higher level of performance on this car for lets say the other 95% of players which skills are less than spear point level over what was easily obtainable prior to the latest update.

Again seems as if PD is perhaps trying to obtain a more equal balance of the different cars spread over a larger percentage of the games player base.

Voodoovaj is applying ABS Weak logic to the argument. "I'm faster on this setting/BoP change, therefore said change must be faster for everyone." No. Less power + worse power/weight ratio always equals a slower car.

If you went faster, it's because your old lap was not representative of your current skill level, and if you were to set the car at it's old BoP and actually drive a representative lap, it would be faster.

You're apply "the numbers are less, ergo it's nerfed" logic. This started because everyone said that the Ferrari got nerfed. I said that it was not necessarily the case.

It changed, and I also had to change the way I drove it to adapt. I went faster, and I'm saying that anyone can go faster with it now. Everywhere? No, not everywhere, but is it "nerfed", not based on what I'm seeing.

My getting into the car and going faster means that if it was "nerfed" not only did I exceed my previous performance, but I did so by a HUGE margin, because I exceeded it in, according to the naysayers, a slower car.

Keep in mind that the Huracan was nerfed several versions back by ADDING power as well as weight. It is now back to it's pre-nerf levels.

What about the RCZ? It got the same change. Was it nerfed or buffed? You tell me. Huracan, nerfed or buffed?

By your description it sounds as if maybe on this car anyway that PD although reducing the actual maximum extreme limits of performance capability in the hands of a driver capable of the top pointed end of the spear driving levels increased the ease of reaching a higher level of performance on this car for lets say the other 95% of players which skills are less than spear point level over what was easily obtainable prior to the latest update.

Again seems as if PD is perhaps trying to obtain a more equal balance of the different cars spread over a larger percentage of the games player base.

It wouldn't surprise me the sort of decisions PD have made the last 6-8 months. BoP should only be done by those who consistently take a car to it's limit, otherwise it's a total mess of data. Polyphony clearly doesn't have enough good drivers, they thought the TVR Tuscan was competitive at the recent World Tour for crying out loud :lol:. I watched the guys drive last year at Salzburg when they were adjusting the BoP there and it was basically watching a standard DR B lobby at best.

but is it "nerfed", not based on what I'm seeing.

Selective reading I notice

It really annoys me that they nerfed the GTE cars in the game so much that they're actually slower than GT3 cars. The R8 LMS for example is around 10 seconds faster than the 911RSR at Le Mans. They should've just made a separate category for GTE cars.

That's possible.

But by doing so, they're also making sure Ferrari has even less chances of qualifying for a live event / regional finals.

Because the drivers that could make it happen, report the car is slower that before, compared with faster cars (which is what matters in the end).

It wouldn't surprise me the sort of decisions PD have made the last 6-8 months. BoP should only be done by those who consistently take a car to it's limit, otherwise it's a total mess of data.

Perhaps PD should go to where you have a preset "stable" or "loose" setup choice like in a different sim title which would then give the fast guys the cutting edge no holds barred performance rather than changing to an easier to drive "fixed" bop option

Still would require no actual tuning skills but the car would drive differently enough to actually give both skillsets of drivers an option they can feel comfortable racing with.

BOP should balance the cars performance period and setup should affect how twitchy or stable a car is to drive.

It really annoys me that they nerfed the GTE cars in the game so much that they're actually slower than GT3 cars. The R8 LMS for example is around 10 seconds faster than the 911RSR at Le Mans. They should've just made a separate category for GTE cars.

There's only one GTE car in the game, so I'm not sure what putting that one car in a separate class would achieve other than a one-make race, and you do realise that the 911 RSR which is in the game is the spec that raced at Silverstone 2017 right?

This spec was SIGNIFICANTLY slower than the high-pitch screamer which debuted at Spa, so much so that it was 2 seconds off of the pace in quali (you can go check the quali results for the 2017 6 hours of Silverstone if you don't believe me).

Are you basically saying you want to put a slow half-baked version of the car that would later be a race winner, in a separate class and then add all of other GTE cars that it was slower than during the one race weekend it appeared at? This will remedy absolutely nothing.

The only fix would be the addition of the newer spec or the GT3 car.

Perhaps PD should go to where you have a preset "stable" or "loose" setup choice like in a different sim title which would then give the fast guys the cutting edge no holds barred performance rather than changing to an easier to drive "fixed" bop option

Still would require no actual tuning skills but the car would drive differently enough to actually give both skillsets of drivers an option they can feel comfortable racing with.

BOP should balance the cars performance period and setup should affect how twitchy or stable a car is to drive.
They don't even need to do such a huge effort, already bringing down the +0,50 rear toe to a +0,15-+0.25 would make wonders on all cars. It's a bit weird in my eyes that they still didn't realize how bad that setting is.

There's only one GTE car in the game, so I'm not sure what putting that one car in a separate class would achieve other than a one-make race, and you do realise that the 911 RSR which is in the game is the spec that raced at Silverstone 2017 right?

This spec was SIGNIFICANTLY slower than the high-pitch screamer which debuted at Spa, so much so that it was 2 seconds off of the pace in quali (you can go check the quali results for the 2017 6 hours of Silverstone if you don't believe me).

Are you basically saying you want to put a slow half-baked version of the car that would later be a race winner, in a separate class and then add all of other GTE cars that it was slower than during the one race weekend it appeared at? This will remedy absolutely nothing.

The only fix would be the addition of the newer spec or the GT3 car.

The same spec did a 3:54 at Le Mans during qualifying in 2016, yet I can barely do 4:01 in it in the game with RS tires and tuning. And it's not because I can't drive, I actually know that track very well and I can do 3:21 in a 919, just around 1 and a half second slower than the qualifying pace in 2016. So when I'm 7 seconds off the pace in the same car at the exact same track something must be wrong. And I know exactly where I lose most of the time: even with adjusted gear ratios and minimal downforce the car can barely reach 280 km/h at the 3 long straights at Le Mans, whereas the same car could easily reach nearly 300 km/h in real life. How do you explain the significant difference in top speeds??

Last edited:
The same spec did a 3:54 at Le Mans during qualifying in 2016, yet I can barely do 4:01 in it in the game with RS tires and tuning. And it's not because I can't drive, I actually know that track very well and I can do 3:21 in a 919, just around 1 and a half second slower than the qualifying pace in 2016. So when I'm 7 seconds off the pace in the same car at the exact same track something must be wrong. And I know exactly where I lose most of the time: even with adjusted gear ratios and minimal downforce the car can barely reach 280 km/h at the 3 long straights at Le Mans, whereas the same car could easily reach nearly 300 km/h in real life. How do you explain the significant difference in top speeds??
2016 car is the old gen. The current RSR only debuted at Le Mans in 2017.

A while ago, I found out that the RSR has a low downforce kit for Le Mans. See here

Still yes, I'm sure the GT3/E cars in the game should have some extra KMs in top speed.

Yes it is. It’s a niche op, but it’s op. On power tracks, it is a solid 5 mph quicker in a straight than most power cars, which is dumb. It’s essentially a more well rounded f1gtr in that sense, because it can actually turn.
Bruh supra isnt 5 mph faster on straights. Its slightly faster but has crappy corner exits due to its lsd which makes it balanced.

2016 car is the old gen. The current RSR only debuted at Le Mans in 2017.

A while ago, I found out that the RSR has a low downforce kit for Le Mans. See here

Still yes, I'm sure the GT3/E cars in the game should have some extra KMs in top speed.

I think the top speeds of the GT3 cars in game are pretty much spot on, but the 2016 RSR is way too slow. With minimal downforce alone it should easily be able to reach over 290 km/h without slipstream and then with optimal gear ratios nearly 300 km/h. There's just absolutely no way the real life counterpart could've done 3:54 at Le Mans if its top speed was only 280 km/h max.

On wheel the Supra feels quite stiff. It has excellent brakes grip and tons of power.
For me though it’s rather difficult to drive consistently.
Imo it’s not op because of difficulty. Kinda like the Lambo, but much more controllable than that.
There’s no doubt the Supra is POTENTIALLY op, but it’s harder to drive.
It’s the only car has put in faster laps at Suzuka for me than my normal gr3.
Those laps came with many spins though. With my usual cars I can run many laps with no fear of spinning.
Imo on wheel you need to be darn good to extract the potential. Tire wear scares me also.
I’ll stick to merc or something of that ilk.

Latest Posts

Back