Lastest bop changes.

• Thread starter talhaONE
  • 127 comments
The Gr.3 Viper got thrown a bone ,more like a small treat.Just can't understand why the Ferrari Gr.3 continues to get nerfed and I was wondering why the Audi's weren't leaving me behind as usual at Suzuka last night .I think it was about time for a BOP adjustment since the physics change

i do not understand the reasoning behind forcing players to make car manufacturer choices that last for an entire FIA season then making major BOP changes to the cars prior to the official season really being underway.

This makes the car choices by the players end up being no more than a crap shoot to what they will be racing and the competition they will be facing and have little to no value.

I agree completely ,last year two updates in a row dropped both Gr.3 & Gr.4 Vipers down in power while I was racing in FIA

i do not understand the reasoning behind forcing players to make car manufacturer choices that last for an entire FIA season then making major BOP changes to the cars prior to the official season really being underway.

This makes the car choices by the players end up being no more than a crap shoot to what they will be racing and the competition they will be facing and have little to no value.

I don't understand why people on here complain about BOP being adjusted mid-season when this is a regular process in most real-world GT championships. The same people who start bragging about how they're L33T sim-racers because they're driving with aids off in cars which run with them active at all times in real life, or start to nit-pick about other things being unrealistic...

Numbers never tell the true story. Got to take the cars out and test them.

My testing suggests the Audi is actually quicker. Did back to back comparisons across 3 tracks with new and old BOP and despite being slower on the straights overall was quicker in laptime at all 3 with new BOP as car is more stable, can brake later and can put power down earlier

Tyrewear should also be better. Less weight and less torque should protect rear tyres much more.

I don't understand why people on here complain about BOP being adjusted mid-season when this is a regular process in most real-world GT championships. The same people who start bragging about how they're L33T sim-racers because they're driving with aids off in cars which run with them active at all times in real life, or start to nit-pick about other things being unrealistic...

You can't change you setup of you car in GT Sport to minimize / maximize the BoP fluctuations. Not to mention the physics that ruined some cars since 1.39.

Numbers never tell the true story. Got to take the cars out and test them.

My testing suggests the Audi is actually quicker. Did back to back comparisons across 3 tracks with new and old BOP and despite being slower on the straights overall was quicker in laptime at all 3 with new BOP as car is more stable, can brake later and can put power down earlier

Tyrewear should also be better. Less weight and less torque should protect rear tyres much more.
Lower hp makes the car easier to drive not faster.

...Just can't understand why the Ferrari Gr.3 continues to get nerfed ...

How on EARTH does the Group 3 Ferrari get nerfed on power, absolutely crazy.

Losing power isn't always a nerf. A lot of the nerfing happens through weight and the power is adjusted to allow some cars to cope. Losing/gaining weight has far more of an effect on performance than 1-2% power changes.

The GR3 NSX, Ferrari, Lambo, Alfa, and McLaren all went on a diet, so that's good. I can verify that, for the Lambo and McLaren, it's been a good thing. I haven't tried the Ferrari yet, but I am going to go out on a limb and say that it'll likely set better lap times now.

I've done a test with the Audi R8 and I'm 6-7 tenths slower at Dragontrail Seaside than I was before the patch (With a good lap to). Low 35's were possible before the BoP and I'm struggling to see a 35 after the BoP change. You have to drive the car much more aggressive now, rather than the progressiveness before hand. The issue is when you hit that limit in this car, you go full R8 mode as it was previously. Will it be good in race conditions? I'm not sure but we'll find out I guess this Saturday.

THE biggest impact I've seen vs my ghost is acceleration out of corners, my ghost just sods off, even if I get round the corner 1-2 mph quicker.

Soo...my question for this BOP update with the June update.

Why on earth did they make the OP BMW M6's seem even more OP, I've been trying to complete my Grp 3 videos around Sardenga with my
usual car, the Toyota FT-1 and I struggle to catch them, I know they have been given more weight.

・BMW M6 GT3 M Power Livery '16 [Weight Reduction Ratio : 102% > 103%]
・BMW M6 GT3 (Walkenhorst Motorsport) '16 [Weight Reduction Ratio : 102% > 103%]

It just seems it hasn't balanced this car very well compared to the rest of the field?

Soo...my question for this BOP update with the June update.

Why on earth did they make the OP BMW M6's seem even more OP, I've been trying to complete my Grp 3 videos around Sardenga with my
usual car, the Toyota FT-1 and I struggle to catch them, I know they have been given more weight.

・BMW M6 GT3 M Power Livery '16 [Weight Reduction Ratio : 102% > 103%]
・BMW M6 GT3 (Walkenhorst Motorsport) '16 [Weight Reduction Ratio : 102% > 103%]

It just seems it hasn't balanced this car very well compared to the rest of the field?

The impact in the M6 is barely noticeable, if at all. Since the physics UP, the car has so much grip out of corners (and the turbo also helps from 1st to 4th gear) that 1% in weight won't be such a big of a deal.

What do you think about the lastest bop changes? It looks like Audi R8 lms nerfed hard.

Yes, I'd like to know why. One of the great things about that car is the v10 engine. Yet, time and time again, PD keeps knocking the power down.

I haven't tried the Ferrari yet, but I am going to go out on a limb and say that it'll likely set better lap times now.
I'd be willing to bet against that. Doesn't matter how well a car handles, if it's got no power you're not getting fast lap times out of it. And for a make that was already dead in Sport Mode (21st in the global rankings in Manufacturers Pre-Season) this is just another kick in the dick that Ferrari didn't need.

I'd be willing to bet against that. Doesn't matter how well a car handles, if it's got no power you're not getting fast lap times out of it. And for a make that was already dead in Sport Mode (21st in the global rankings in Manufacturers Pre-Season) this is just another kick in the dick that Ferrari didn't need.

Well, I gained time in it. I had a hard time getting under 2:01 before, with a best of 2:00.9

Right out of the box, 2:01 dead and 2:00.6 on lap 2. I run it with +1 BB

LOL...see above post

BTW +1 BB is not a typo

You're about 2 seconds a lap off the ultimate pace, which is not fast enough to determine the overall effect of BoP.

Yes it's safer and you can push more I agree, but the power loss is too great to compensate. In general a 1% power change has almost twice the impact of a 1% weight change.

Never done a lap below 2m03 around Suzuka in anything before this week;

videoplayback (6)_-2007459388.jpg

The Ferrari is definitely more accessible to the masses.

It just means you're getting better as a driver and are hence able to go quicker in spite of the machinery you're driving. The car hasn't been a meta pick since it got nerfed from 100/109 post 2018 online season.

You're about 2 seconds a lap off the ultimate pace, which is not fast enough to determine the overall effect of BoP.

Yes it's safer and you can push more I agree, but the power loss is too great to compensate. In general a 1% power change has almost twice the impact of a 1% weight change.

I disagree. Weight puts you into a different place on track. Hence, why many series use a weight penalty for success. And 2 seconds off the ultimate pace since when? Did someone go even faster this morning in something other than an R8 or are you comparing against the current top times, set prior to the change?

The Gr.3 Subaru is untouched yet again lol. Unless this update is supposed to slow all of the other cars down?

Regardless of if this helps me in the FIAs(I drive for Porsche), it's weak to make a change like that mid-season. And I was really starting to like the R8 too

It just means you're getting better as a driver and are hence able to go quicker in spite of the machinery you're driving. The car hasn't been a meta pick since it got nerfed from 100/109 post 2018 online season.

I had the same kind of improvement at Interlagos last week, any other improvement with any car/track combo has been a couple of tenths if I am lucky. For a car I drive regularly on tracks that I like, that surely has more to do with BoP and physics!

dose any one know if the the setup on nsx gr3 got change too???

Honda NSX Gr.3 [Power Ratio : 99% > 97%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 102% > 100%]

Last edited:
dose any one know if the the setup on nsx gr3 got change too???

As in the base car's settings? No, I don't believe so.

That said, weight loss and gain cannot be underestimated. The base settings for a car tend to remain the same. I don't recall them ever changing (but I could be wrong). So, when the suspension is set up for a car's base weight and you start adding weight to it, it changes how everything (springs, dampers, etc) function. A change in weight can introduce or eliminate handling issues.

I have a pre-update NSX ghost lap, which has received the same kind of adjustment as the Ferrari (-2% power and weight). I'm interested to see how it does now.

Back