League of Mature Rookie Racers -CST

  • Thread starter Thread starter akira2501
  • 502 comments
  • 37,626 views
Looking forward to the race tonight!
I'll open my lobby at 7:30 for practice.


I will be donating a couple prize cars for the overall point winners after we do a few rounds of racing.

Once we get sick of these classes, I'll make up some new classes (already working on it). Let me know if you guys have anything in mind for the next batch of classes.
 
Another one, in addition to last night's one? I will start the ps3 when I get home to make sure I am all set.

I need to my daughter to bed tonight, so I won't be able to be on until 7:30 central or so, but I will definatelly be there by 8pm!

Probably the same, didn't get online last night.

Lounge open now.
 
Once we get sick of these classes, I'll make up some new classes (already working on it). Let me know if you guys have anything in mind for the next batch of classes.

I'm sure my vote doesn't really count, but: Estate Class.
 
That was fun! Thanks to everyone who participated and thank you Akira.
I got disconnected after we switched hosts, and wasn't able to get back...
Anyway, looking forward to next Thursday, hopefully I'll be able to attend and will try to be more prepared.
Mondays are almost always a no-go for me.
Also, I sent friend requests to some of you, If I missed you please add me.
 
Great races everyone. I think that we should count the second set of races on Nurburgring GP/F since 11 people participated in each session. G4Geisha did a great job with the second set of races and keeping to the format.
 
I want to thank you all for some great races tonight! I am excited to see what the next set of tracks will be.
 
What time was the first set run at because I thought it was 8cst so I entered at 7pst and you guys were done with the first set. Lol
 
I guessed right that CST is 2 hours away from us here in CA.

Racing was fun, I was trying my best to be clean which in turn meant slow but that will change I think.

And the car I was most comfortable going in with was my D car and online it handled by far the worst, guess I will need to do some lounge tuning on that thing.
 
Great races everyone. I think that we should count the second set of races on Nurburgring GP/F since 11 people participated in each session. G4Geisha did a great job with the second set of races and keeping to the format.

I totally agree since I missed the first set. Lol
 
Agent don't forget the rocky mountain states, MST, so we are two hours different. 8 CST = 6 PST. The math is easy for me in Illinois.
 
Agent don't forget the rocky mountain states, MST, so we are two hours different. 8 CST = 6 PST. The math is easy for me in Illinois.

Wow I was totally unaware of mst. Guess I'll just have to miss the first sets everytime then. All good though.
 
That was fun. If those 2nd set of races are going to count for points I should probably get Zero on the D Class for how much I cut the final chicane on lap 3. Did not realize how effective that was going to be haha.
 
I think the only reason I did well in the class b and a events at autumn was the fact that I cut all of the corners I could and that I had Skid Recovery on.

I still vote for turning that SRF off... I feel like I'm cheating. Maybe light penalties would be a good idea also, to stave off the temptation.

I regret nothing.
 
Quite a disappointment for me. I had trouble connecting at first and then got continuously disconnected. I was never in the lounge for more than a min.

I think I solved the problem - I'm now NAT type 2, so hopefully next time... glad to hear you folks had fun.
 
Another great night of racing. Too bad you had to bug out Akira, you missed some good close racing. We turned SRF off and everyone seemed to do pretty well. It seemed most people didn't have or didn't know what fell into the race car classes so maybe next time we'll clarify a bit better. I do hope the series counts torwards the standings but I'm happpy to just have some good races. Racing was clean enough that I don't think we need to impose penalties and besides it was gentlemanly enough that we would slow down after a bad pass or bump. Look forward to Monday.

I would like to see a poll for SRF on/off. At first I didn't care but seeing the crazy stuff that happened in a few of the first races changed my mind. I know i was caught on the inside of a couple of those instagrip turnins to disastrous effect. Its hard to anticipate someones racing line if the physics don't apply anymore. Oh well my 2 cents.

To summarize my votes:
Skid Recovery OFF
Penalties OFF
2nd series COUNTS

Thanks again, look forward to seeing you online soon,
 
Gents

That was some fun racing, even though I got punted and/or punted myself in the first few races where I had to stare at the wall to let everyone by. In the second set I had some seriously close and fun racing. I think it would be cool if the second set of races counted as well. With the new start time I should be able to get in both sets of races before bedtime HAHAHA.

I also agree mostly with g4

Skid Recovery OFF
Penalties not sure here?
2nd series COUNTS
 
That was fun. If those 2nd set of races are going to count for points I should probably get Zero on the D Class for how much I cut the final chicane on lap 3. Did not realize how effective that was going to be haha.

I had a feeling that was what you did! all of a sudden you where in my review mirror, scared the heck out of me..Lol
 
Great! Glad the second set went well too.
Sorry I had to run, but my wife was waiting on me.

Zutalores has updated the standings here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=661

It appears he did not count the second set, but if you guys raced the standard format then those races should probably be counted.

I'll be updating the first post here with the next race schedule.
It will be Monday. If anyone here wants to run a Race car, Rally, or unranked match today or over the weekend please feel free to do so.
 
I had a feeling that was what you did! all of a sudden you where in my review mirror, scared the heck out of me..Lol

Nice a fellow Madisonian. I grew up in Middleton and now live in Milton.


Anyways, I agree with most of you guys. Turn off skid force and I think light penalties might be okay.

Have fun racing next week, unfortunately I won't be around. Skiing in Jackson Hole all week!!
 
I'll be updating the first post here with the next race schedule.
It will be Monday. If anyone here wants to run a Race car, Rally, or unranked match today or over the weekend please feel free to do so.

How would people feel about a Super GT/JGTC race at Monza on Saturday at noon (CST)? No points. Just fun. It can be a trial run to see how competitive it can be.

SRF: Off
Laps: 10 (race would last about 17-18 minutes)
Tires: Unrestricted
Penalties: Light
Damage: No

Let me know how many of you are interested in this, and I wouldn't mind hosting.
 
I have tried every browser I can think of and I cannot see anything under the new league standings thread other than a blank space?
 
SRF

I want these races to run as cleanly as possible. To that end, I have SRF ON. My assumption is that it will help rookie racers stay on the track and race cleanly and that it will help avoid drifting wide in turns.

I could be wrong though.

Lets do this: We'll do the next few practice runs with SRF OFF. If races are cleaner that way we'll switch to OFF if they are more messy we'll keep it on.

The deciding factor will need to be based off of now clean we race, and not leaving it up to personal preference.
 
I have tried every browser I can think of and I cannot see anything under the new league standings thread other than a blank space?

Do you have images turned off? They are pics.
 
SRF

I want these races to run as cleanly as possible. To that end, I have SRF ON. My assumption is that it will help rookie racers stay on the track and race cleanly and that it will help avoid drifting wide in turns.

I could be wrong though.

Lets do this: We'll do the next few practice runs with SRF OFF. If races are cleaner that way we'll switch to OFF if they are more messy we'll keep it on.

The deciding factor will need to be based off of now clean we race, and not leaving it up to personal preference.

When you have your test race you should have everyone in FR cars. This is where you will probably see the messiest driving with SRF off.

Just a thought.
 
Great fun guys,
Freeze--I came in way too hot and punted you once, sorry about that. You are FAST!

Msand-- Put an awesome pass on me, saw it coming, couldn't do anything about!

I think with the driver aids we should just run whatever you can run cleanest with. With that many cars and different driving lines stuff doesn't always work out on the track. Cleaner is better.
 
I too bumped and drifted into other racers, it was not intentional!
Once I got bumped which in turn bumped me into someone else, who in turn wiped out. Another time I drifted into someone who was in my mirror blind spot. (I race from cockpit view)

Its going to happen in a rookie league, but we'll get better as we practice. Overall, I'm very pleased with the very sportsman-like conduct of the league members; keep it up!

I wont be around this Sunday SCUUDZ but I may host Sunday afternoon races (unranked). Now that football is over and the weather is still sub-zero some afternoon racing may be fun!

I'm very interested in Rally racing too.
 
Back