League of Mature Rookie Racers -CST

  • Thread starter Thread starter akira2501
  • 502 comments
  • 37,626 views
Go and subscribe to our social group it should be under Lay Z Boy Racing. You will find some interesting info. in there as well.

Thank You, Slammedc
Put in request to join Social group.
 
Can somebody help me build a class D and class A car? I'm getting owned in those classes, lol.
 
zutalores - thanks for all the help setting up the league!

Please post the next race time and track to the top of the team page and link to this thread.
Thanks!
 
akira,
New guy, sign up for social club and accepted. Do i just wait for you to send me a request, or should i send you one?

Thank you,
JJW
 
Can somebody help me build a class D and class A car? I'm getting owned in those classes, lol.

A lot of it has to do with personal driving style.

But I can say that I think the Honda Integra the Lotus Evora, and the Honda NSX are going to be the fastest in class D. Out of the 3 the NSX needs the least work done to it. Don't change the oil in the NSX though or it will be over HP.

For Class A - I'm dominating in the Audi R8 5.2, but I think that's just because I'm fond of 4WD.

What ever car you pick be sure to put a race trans in it and if possible add a bit of HP through exhaust and intake mods to bring it as close to the limit as possible. Also reduce weight as close to the limit as you can.
 
akira,
New guy, sign up for social club and accepted. Do i just wait for you to send me a request, or should i send you one?

Thank you,
JJW


Friend request sent

PSN: triebs2 - request sent
 
Last edited:
Thanks for setting this up. Looks like alot of fun.
Will anyone be on this evening running laps? Would like to get my feet wet before racetime. I have played through most of A-spec but have not done any online yet.
 
Can somebody help me build a class D and class A car? I'm getting owned in those classes, lol.

A lot of it has to do with personal driving style.

But I can say that I think the Honda Integra the Lotus Evora, and the Honda NSX are going to be the fastest in class D. Out of the 3 the NSX needs the least work done to it. Don't change the oil in the NSX though or it will be over HP.

For Class A - I'm dominating in the Audi R8 5.2, but I think that's just because I'm fond of 4WD.

What ever car you pick be sure to put a race trans in it and if possible add a bit of HP through exhaust and intake mods to bring it as close to the limit as possible. Also reduce weight as close to the limit as you can.

Not that I am a perfect driver by any means, but if I am remembering correctly, was that the Scuderia last night? If so, in addition to what Akira said, and I so apologize if this is too obvious, but the high HP cars specifically need a gentle handle on the throttle, especially when turning or starting from a stop. Otherwise you just spin and spin. There is also such thing as lowering the car too much and that can make it really jumpy/twichy.

I replaced my daughter's blinding pink princess LFA race car (because girls can be racer car drivers too) with a Scuderia right after last night. I wanted to change the suspension and in perfect 3 year old form she doesn't want to put suspension on.

As for class D, I am not sure what to tell you. My first car was one of those "what do I have in the garage that fits the spec" and I just couldn't handle a silent car with no gears. No down shift or engine noise tell give you me an estimate of how fast I was going meant I was slamming in to walls (and people, sorry!!) far too much. Then I bought the NSX mainly because I didn't have one yet. It is suprisingly easy to handle. I do think the lotus will have the edge, however. I believe it can get much lighter, and isn't as long. Of course, last night, it was a pair of Integras, or was it Civics?
 
I used the Volvo C-30R Design for the Class D race. It wasn't the quickest out there, but it definitely managed to hold it's own out on the track. I was losing out on the straights, but it should be noted that I did not have a fully-customizable transmission in it at the time. If I could have bumped up the top speed to cope with that long Tokyo straight then it would have been awesome.

Edit: I guess I should mention that I finished 4th and 2nd in the two Class D races that were held. (I think there were about 10 drivers in total for those races)
 
Last edited:
Not that I am a perfect driver by any means, but if I am remembering correctly, was that the Scuderia last night? If so, in addition to what Akira said, and I so apologize if this is too obvious, but the high HP cars specifically need a gentle handle on the throttle, especially when turning or starting from a stop. Otherwise you just spin and spin. There is also such thing as lowering the car too much and that can make it really jumpy/twichy.

I replaced my daughter's blinding pink princess LFA race car (because girls can be racer car drivers too) with a Scuderia right after last night. I wanted to change the suspension and in perfect 3 year old form she doesn't want to put suspension on.

As for class D, I am not sure what to tell you. My first car was one of those "what do I have in the garage that fits the spec" and I just couldn't handle a silent car with no gears. No down shift or engine noise tell give you me an estimate of how fast I was going meant I was slamming in to walls (and people, sorry!!) far too much. Then I bought the NSX mainly because I didn't have one yet. It is suprisingly easy to handle. I do think the lotus will have the edge, however. I believe it can get much lighter, and isn't as long. Of course, last night, it was a pair of Integras, or was it Civics?

That was me in the 458, sliding horizontal into the sand last night, per the pictures in the group page, lol.
 
the only flaw i see is, you have the faster cars requiring a lighter hp:weight ratio, when it should be the slower cars with the lower weight minimums.
 
Looks like your group is filling up fast, but if you have any spaces left would like to join as well. Definitely fit into the 'mature gamer' category (as in old but not necessarily grown up :sly: ) and always looking for some good clean casual racing.

PSN id is marc9600 (same as GT username) and I can send Akira a friend request later today (unless there is a way to do it on the PSN site ?).
 
The Integras did well last night but still lost out to the Evora.
 
the only flaw i see is, you have the faster cars requiring a lighter hp:weight ratio, when it should be the slower cars with the lower weight minimums.

I think this fact makes this series interesting, and unique compared to everything else out there since it is harder to find a fast car that is 'relatively' heavy, and handles well enough to be competitive in the series.
 
I used the Volvo C-30R Design for the Class D race. It wasn't the quickest out there, but it definitely managed to hold it's own out on the track. I was losing out on the straights, but it should be noted that I did not have a fully-customizable transmission in it at the time. If I could have bumped up the top speed to cope with that long Tokyo straight then it would have been awesome.

Edit: I guess I should mention that I finished 4th and 2nd in the two Class D races that were held. (I think there were about 10 drivers in total for those races)

I ran my C-30, it was something I had because of a season event. I think it is a cute car, and I'm pleased with it, for what it is. The Integra is probably faster. And if I had the time to really build out a car, I'd probably look at one of the small Audi's.

I did pick up the tunable tranny and suspension. I was pulling away from some of the other cars on the straight. I'm just a crappy driver, so I only finished 6.

My problem with the C-30 was under heavy acceleration, one front tire would lay down rubber, the other did nothing. I need to get a tunable LSD, I guess, to tame that.
 
As long as I place in the top 16 I'm happy!:dunce:

By the way, if you notice in the Integra picture of me and Zutalores racing that red is faster, but I intend to fix that myth with a little suspension tuning! I refuse to put an aftermarket wing on my Integra!
 
Last edited:
Refusing the ineveitable isn't going to change the fact that you won't catch me. Unless I crash!
 
If theres still room I'd like to join.

PSN: rossZilla
 
Refusing the ineveitable isn't going to change the fact that you won't catch me. Unless I crash!

Ok then, crash! 'Cause the wing is staying OEM.
 
I'm thinking of running a practice lobby at 7.30 pm cst tonight. My lounge! Add me if interested.
 
I'm thinking of running a practice lobby at 7.30 pm cst tonight. My lounge! Add me if interested.


Definitely interested. What Class you gonna run?

I need to do some shopping.
 
I'm thinking of running a practice lobby at 7.30 pm cst tonight. My lounge! Add me if interested.

I'll join sometime during the night. Is your psn id the same as your username here? Not sure if I've added you yet.
 
Yes its the same. I think you have already added me.
 
scuudz

I don't want to turn this into a race-car race right now; Here's what I suggest.
We stick with the 4 class race system (D-A) as-is, and meet to race twice a week.
We pick up the pace of the races (schedule below), and get through them quicker. Last night took longer than it needed to because of unranked races and people looking for cars (myself included).

For scoring we'll break up the league into two championships: Production and Race Car
Each will have a different leaderboard. I don't want to combine the two because everyone here signed up for “production” cars with specific regulations, not “race cars”.

Here's how the schedule will look:

Week 1: Thursday Jan 27th (ya we're starting the scoring over)

Akira's lounge Open @ 7:45 for practice / free run
Each race will have a 2min countdown at the end for score keeping.

1 Class D Race 'Grand Valley Speedway'
1 Class C Race 'Grand Valley Speedway'

5 min break

1 Class B Race 'Grand Valley Speedway'
1 Class A Race 'Grand Valley Speedway'

I estimate that the total time (not including free run) will be (Total 45min)

5 min break

At the end of this series we'll switch track and do race cars (optional; points not combined):
Optional Race 1: Super GT 'Nürburgring GP/F'
Optional Race 2: DTM 'Nürburgring GP/F'

*** End Race day (Total 1 Hour 10 Min)
If race car racing turns out to be more fun and competitive than we'll push it to the front in future races.




Week 2: Monday Jan 31st

Akira's lounge Open @ 7:45 for practice / free run Races start at 8:00 CST
Each race will have a 2min countdown at the end for score keeping.

1 Class D Race 'Laguna Seca'
1 Class C Race 'Laguna Seca'

5 min break

1 Class B Race 'Laguna Seca'
1 Class A Race 'Laguna Seca'

5 min break

At the end of this series we'll switch track and do race cars (optional; points not combined):
Optional Race 1: Le Mans Prototype Group C 'Monza'
Optional Race 2: American GT 'Monza'




As far as rally goes, I'm thinking that perhaps you or someone else here can host a “rally night”. I'm not even sure how this works in GT5 on line; but its quite different than normal racing so doing it separately makes scene to me.

so are we doing this or what initial post says with nurburgler and then grand valley? Sorry for confusion
 
darn system update!

wanted to test out my new A class ride for tomorrow!
 
I hope to be there Thursday evening. I have a C-30 for D, and I tuned up a Legacy Estate for C (go wagon power). I do notice there there are two R8s, one for each B and A. I haven't gotten them, so I may just sit those classes out.
 
I tried the McLaren MP4-12c for Class A today. Its mental lol I don't know what I will do since I can't get it around the track :)
 
Back