League of Mature Rookie Racers -CST

  • Thread starter Thread starter akira2501
  • 502 comments
  • 37,627 views
I plan to be practicing this afternoon around 5 EST. Come on by my lounge of interested.
 
I will do my best t join tonight.
Will probably be somewhat less prepared, but will give it my best shot.
Since I'm not much of a "gamer", what is the best way to find you guys once I go online tonight? (I have Akira in my friends list)
 
I will do my best t join tonight.
Will probably be somewhat less prepared, but will give it my best shot.
Since I'm not much of a "gamer", what is the best way to find you guys once I go online tonight? (I have Akira in my friends list)

Go to community tab in gt mode and any friends currently racing will have a gold sphere in the upper right corner of their profile pic. Click there to join them.
 
Go to community tab in gt mode and any friends currently racing will have a gold sphere in the upper right corner of their profile pic. Click there to join them.


Just to elaborate further, click on akira's name and then down further click on 'Lounge' (it looks like a coffee cup).
 
Last night's practice was a lot of fun, we did a few laps each on Grand Valley and Nurburgring GP/F. Also ran a few races on each track. Some of the races were extremely close. If I remember correctly, in one race first and second were separated by 0.097 seconds.

slammedc, zutalores, racecar, agentorunge, rynedee and myself were there.

After last night, I have decided to run with a Golf GTI Mark V in the Class D race.
 
Last night's practice was a lot of fun, we did a few laps each on Grand Valley and Nurburgring GP/F. Also ran a few races on each track. Some of the races were extremely close. If I remember correctly, in one race first and second were separated by 0.097 seconds.

slammedc, zutalores, racecar, agentorunge, rynedee and myself were there.

After last night, I have decided to run with a Golf GTI Mark V in the Class D race.


That was a good time, scuudz. I will probably regret it, gonna go with the Audi TT in D class.
 
Go to community tab in gt mode and any friends currently racing will have a gold sphere in the upper right corner of their profile pic. Click there to join them.
Just to elaborate further, click on akira's name and then down further click on 'Lounge' (it looks like a coffee cup).

Thanks, will do that.
BTW, do I need to add the rest of you to my 'Friends List'? would that help?

Sorry, for the stupid questions, GT is my only game.
 
Don't worry....ask away. We were all complete newbies once.

It usually doesn't hurt to add a few people to your list from a series that you are participating in. You must always add the organizer (akira in this case) so you are kept upto speed on all the happening in the series or if something changes he would be able to send you a message on PSN and vice versa.

I have 4-5 other people from this series on my list as it helps set up practice sessions sometimes, and its just fun to meet up for random clean races if you happen to be online at the same time other than the times for the series' league races (like half a dozen of us were online last night and had a blast).

So, to answer your question, you don't NEED to add anyone else but akira for this series, but it wouldn't hurt.
 
Thanks, will do that.
BTW, do I need to add the rest of you to my 'Friends List'? would that help?

Sorry, for the stupid questions, GT is my only game.

Ya don't worry about it, this is my first time playing online too.
You don't need to add everyone, but if someone is hosting a practice run you'll need to add that host in order to race. I (akira_2501) host the main races, so you only need me on your friends list to race in those.

g4geisha
I don't know, the race on Grand Valley is for sure I'll put round two to a vote.
I'd like to stick with the original setup myself.
 
I think we should do the original plan as seen below:

Week 1: Thursday Jan 27th (ya we're starting the scoring over)

Akira's lounge Open @ 7:45 for practice / free run
Each race will have a 2min countdown at the end for score keeping.

1 Class D Race 'Grand Valley Speedway'
1 Class C Race 'Grand Valley Speedway'

5 min break

1 Class B Race 'Grand Valley Speedway'
1 Class A Race 'Grand Valley Speedway'

I estimate that the total time (not including free run) will be (Total 45min)

5 min break

At the end of this series we'll switch track and do race cars (optional; points not combined):
Optional Race 1: Super GT 'Nürburgring GP/F'
Optional Race 2: DTM 'Nürburgring GP/F'

*** End Race day (Total 1 Hour 10 Min)
If race car racing turns out to be more fun and competitive than we'll push it to the front in future races.
 
Thanks, will do that.
BTW, do I need to add the rest of you to my 'Friends List'? would that help?

Sorry, for the stupid questions, GT is my only game.

Feel free to add me if you want. I play about every other night.

BTW once in game how do you get the attention of other people on the friends list? For example, I can see that someone is online (or they can see me) but how to you notify them that you'd like to organize a practice or whatever?
 
If they are already on your friends list on PSN, you go to their name on the XMB (not in GT5), hit triangle, hit create message, type out the message and send. They will see a pop up on their screen saying you have sent them a message. I find that to be the easiest way to get someone's attention.
 
If they are already on your friends list on PSN, you go to their name on the XMB (not in GT5), hit triangle, hit create message, type out the message and send. They will see a pop up on their screen saying you have sent them a message. I find that to be the easiest way to get someone's attention.

Ok, thanks.

Hope to see everyone tonight!
 
I like the original plan for the races as well. If some people have to leave early or if they join up late, it's no big deal they will just have to make up points in later races. By the way, that was some good Class D practice last night.
 
Would have been better if I could have caught that Integra!:grumpy:
 
I like the the original plan as well. We can always race on afterwords with or without points. Either way I am in and can't wait. Gotta get home and get my new cars ready, could be highly entertaining beyond C class for me as I have yet to drive those cars!
 
I found it hard to keep up with it on Grand Valley, but I managed to do pretty well against it on Nurb GP/F.
 
I like the the original plan as well. We can always race on afterwords with or without points. Either way I am in and can't wait. Gotta get home and get my new cars ready, could be highly entertaining beyond C class for me as I have yet to drive those cars!

Class D is the only one in which I have tried and tested multiple cars. I have no idea what I am going to use for all the other classes.
 
Class D is the only one in which I have tried and tested multiple cars. I have no idea what I am going to use for all the other classes.

That's half the fun of this series, we don't all really know what we're doing just yet! That's why I love it so far. I truly enjoy racing and just figuring out how to get a little better here and there, this is a good Rookie league so far.
 
Just saw this forum and would like to join up. hopefully there is still room.

PSN: Msand
 
Just looked at the schedule again. If I have understood this correctly, we will be having 4 league races tonight (in which the points count), and they will all be on Grand Valley Speedway?

On the original post it says, Race 1 will be on Nurb GP/F and Race 2 on Grand Valley Speedway.....this seems to contradict the schedule that was posted most recently on page 8.

Last night, some people were of the opinion that there will be 8 league races tonight. Does this make any sense or am I confusing myself?
 
You have room for another mature [well-over-the-age of 35] rookie? :)


GTP_DDiamond
 
I'm sure there is room. We should have more than 20 drivers listed (maybe even 25), because not everyone will show up. For example, I am a doubtful starter for tonight as I have company coming over and I don't know if they will be gone by the time race-time rolls around.

Add Akira to your friends list on PSN.

P.S. I think we should keep accepting people and if we consistently have more than 20 people showing up, we could think of making this a 2-tiered event. Top 3 from Tier 2 promoted to Tier 1 at the end of the season and bottom 3 from Tier 1 relegated to Tier 2.....that sort of thing. Same race rules, same tracks, same times, just one host and an alternate host for each Tier.

Thoughts?
 
I'm sure there is room. We should have more than 20 drivers listed (maybe even 25), because not everyone will show up. For example, I am a doubtful starter for tonight as I have company coming over and I don't know if they will be gone by the time race-time rolls around.

Add Akira to your friends list on PSN.

P.S. I think we should keep accepting people and if we consistently have more than 20 people showing up, we could think of making this a 2-tiered event. Top 3 from Tier 2 promoted to Tier 1 at the end of the season and bottom 3 from Tier 1 relegated to Tier 2.....that sort of thing. Same race rules, same tracks, same times, just one host and an alternate host for each Tier.

Thoughts?

Sounds pretty good, we will have to monitor it and see if it becomes necessary. Ultimately it is up to Akira to give the go or no go.
 
I'm sure there is room. We should have more than 20 drivers listed (maybe even 25), because not everyone will show up. For example, I am a doubtful starter for tonight as I have company coming over and I don't know if they will be gone by the time race-time rolls around.

Add Akira to your friends list on PSN.

P.S. I think we should keep accepting people and if we consistently have more than 20 people showing up, we could think of making this a 2-tiered event. Top 3 from Tier 2 promoted to Tier 1 at the end of the season and bottom 3 from Tier 1 relegated to Tier 2.....that sort of thing. Same race rules, same tracks, same times, just one host and an alternate host for each Tier.

Thoughts?



Will do!

Doubt if I will be able to run tonight as well. Wish I would have seen this earlier.


EDIT: For some reason I can't add Akira_2501 [From Post #1] :nervous:
 
Last edited:
Sounds pretty good, we will have to monitor it and see if it becomes necessary. Ultimately it is up to Akira to give the go or no go.

Yea, the only reason I bring it up is that on the Official Member List on the Group Page, it lists 21 members already (ofcourse that doesnt mean 21 are going to show up).
 
Yea, the only reason I bring it up is that on the Official Member List on the Group Page, it lists 21 members already (ofcourse that doesnt mean 21 are going to show up).

That would be awesome to get 16 member races consistently each night. Talk about some wild racing!
 
Going to open my lounge at 5pm EST for practice.
Word of warning: there is a system update being pushed through so be sure to allow an extra 15+ minutes to get that done before tonights race.
 
Going to open my lounge at 5pm EST for practice.
Word of warning: there is a system update being pushed through so be sure to allow an extra 15+ minutes to get that done before tonights race.

Another one, in addition to last night's one? I will start the ps3 when I get home to make sure I am all set.

I need to my daughter to bed tonight, so I won't be able to be on until 7:30 central or so, but I will definatelly be there by 8pm!
 
Back