Left Wing or Right Wing? Take Pop Quiz in OP!

Just read the Wikis for them.
Oddly I don't feel like I agree with the results.

Thought I'd do this for the lolz. What does this mean?
It means you're marginally in favour of wealth redistribution and nationalisation of services, and marginally in favour of increased personal freedoms and reduction of what constitutes criminality.

Almost in the middle :P:

KNGVS1Y.jpg

It's pretty surprising at least from what I've seen on this forum how very little people are in the Purple zone.

Alot of people who you think are more right wing are just more authoritarian rather then being more to the Right.

It's pretty surprising at least from what I've seen on this forum how very little people are in the Purple zone.

Alot of people who you think are more right wing are just more authoritarian rather then being more to the Right.

...he says as though being more authoritarian is somehow preferable to being "to the right".

Your Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: 1.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.28

chart.png

Seems pretty close to what I would have guessed.

Interesting quiz, I landed pretty much where I expected to. From some of the political discussions I've had over Christmas lunches, I'm pretty sure a vast majority of my family members would sit somewhere deep in the blue section. I don't talk politics at that table anymore :lol:
chart.png

My result:
chart

This is where I was when I took the same test in 2005 - same zone but I'm now a bit closer to the centre than I used to be:

chart

And this is the current UK political compass (2017) - I'm almost bang on Jeremy Corbyn's Labour :eek:...

uk2017

I would have called myself a Lib Dem voter, but I'm quite far away from that esp. in terms of Left-Right...

Last edited:
I did this 4 years ago but now it's a red X. Still not enamoured with many of the questions but it is what it is.
upload_2017-5-29_8-48-39.png

I'm not really a political person nor I understand economy that much so 1/4 to 1/2 answers might not be correct.

So this is my results and to be honest, I don't understand what left, right wing or Authoritarian even is. (Never heard of right or left wing at all when i watch some arabic debates)
All I could tell is I'm a "bit liberal" based on this.

Your Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: 0.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.26

chart (1).png

Is it good? Is it bad?

I'm not really a political person nor I understand economy that much so 1/4 to 1/2 answers might not be correct.

So this is my results and to be honest, I don't understand what left, right wing or Authoritarian even is. (Never heard of right or left wing at all when i watch some arabic debates)

Your Political Compass

View attachment 650026
Is it good? Is it bad?

Congratulations! Your a normal human being!

There's a couple questions in the test where I'm unsure what they'd be gleaning from the answers.

"People with serious inheritable disabilities should not be allowed to reproduce."

Would an agree answer be taken as anti parent rights, or pro would-be child rights?

At 100% chance of inheriting a terrible condition/disease, I'd call that a clear human rights abuse if a person chose to conceive. I'm not exactly sure where I'd draw the line, but I'd also consider extremely high risk of inheritance a human rights abuse.

It would seem to me that depending on how the topic was viewed by the author of the test, a same answer could be a tick in either of the authoritarian or libertarian columns.

"A significant advantage of a one-party state is that it avoids all the arguments that delay progress in a democratic political system."

Couldn't one think of it as a significant advantage, but an advantage outweighed by negatives inherent within the broader concept of a one party state? In that case the answer would be yes, but not necessarily representative of the views of the person, on the topic of one-party states.

Given that inheriting anything is not a 100% chance I can't support the idea of them being banned from having children, that is far too authoritarian for my liking, having a child shouldn't be up to anyone other then the parents of said future child.

I put disagree for the 2nd one, because what is classed as ''progress'' and why should it trump the democratic system?

Last edited:
chart

As expected, really. :lol:

I'm almost always in-line with the Greens in the UK but a few of their policies are just so stupid that I can't get behind them.

"People with serious inheritable disabilities should not be allowed to reproduce."

Would an agree answer be taken as anti parent rights, or pro would-be child rights?

At 100% chance of inheriting a terrible condition/disease, I'd call that a clear human rights abuse if a person chose to conceive. I'm not exactly sure where I'd draw the line, but I'd also consider extremely high risk of inheritance a human rights abuse.

It would seem to me that depending on how the topic was viewed by the author of the test, a same answer could be a tick in either of the authoritarian or libertarian columns.
Could it be said that using genetics as a basis for permission, or not, to reproduce is the same principle as creating a master race?

Your Political Compass

View attachment 650026
Is it good? Is it bad?
Does it frighten you that you and I are in almost the identical position on the scale?:sly:
There's a couple questions in the test where I'm unsure what they'd be gleaning from the answers.

I ticked agree on that one. I don't think I could make a logical case for creating a human being that you know is going to be seriously physically and/or mentally impaired.

In popular media, left-wing means communist and right-wing means racist.

That's a bit simple - what about people who have the same left-wing financial ideals as communists, but aren't huge fans of a police state that communism creates? What about people who just hate tax and not immigrants? But that's popular media for you.

The point of the compass is to create a 2D representation of views along two scales - fiscal (money) and social (people). Each scale goes from 'government must control everything' to 'government must control nothing'. Or 'total law' to 'no law'.

The left/right scale is fiscal (money). You have 'government must control everything' on the left, with no private ownership of property, total redistribution of all wealth and nationalised industry. This ebbs away until you reach 'government must control nothing' on the right, with no wealth redistribution (tax), no state-owned business or infrastructure and a free market economy.

The top/bottom scale is social (people). You have 'government must control everything' at the top, with a police state, total surveillance, huge criminal law code, and total control of behaviour. This ebbs away until you reach 'government must control nothing' at the bottom, with no law, no police, no recognised crime and anarchy.

Your position is fiscally centrist - you think that some industries should be owned by the government (this is usually healthcare, schooling, public transport, power generation, but you might think a few other things besides that too) and some taxation is necessary, but people should still be able to own things and earn. You're also socially liberal - you think that there should be some legal control on some behaviours and recognition of some crimes, but a little less than most. You're probably pro-legalisation of some narcotics, pro-choice and in favour of gay marriage/adoption.

Is it good? Is it bad?
No.

I ticked agree on that one. I don't think I could make a logical case for creating a human being that you know is going to be seriously physically and/or mentally impaired.
Why would anyone believe they have the right to say anything AT ALL about who can and who cant have children? Thats a big problem with the world today. People thinking they have the right to tell others what they can do because of some stupid ass belief they have. YOU dont get to make choices for other people just because you feel your superior to them or they are somehow a lesser person than the rest of us so shouldnt be allowed to have children. :rolleyes:

Back