Legend championship series

• Thread starter Zeeco_9
  • 368 comments

What time do you want to race on Sundays?

• 7pm GMT

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 8pm GMT

Votes: 11 84.6%

• Total voters
Zecco, looks like I will have to retire from the Legends series - my sponsor has dropped me based on my performance :grumpy: Actually, sitting and racing with a wheel is aggravating a lower back problem. Sucks bigtime as I was really enjoying the racing and the group.

Good luck everyone. Maybe you guys can gang up on Texas to level the playing field 💡

I am sorry to hear that mate. What a bummer, as you are a great friend and very competitive, fast racer. I hope you get well soon and please don't forget us. You are always welcome to rejoin when you feel up to it. All the best my friend 👍

Sorry to hear that BMW , keep in touch mate , and if you fancy a change from racing , get Bad Company 2 , and hit me up , we can form a squad and go kick some arse . See if you can find a small oriental woman with high heels on to walk up and down your back , that'll sort it .
In all seriousness though , i have a dodgy left shoulder , think it has arthritis in it now , and i'm sure the wheel is aggravating that too , time will tell . Take care with that back .

I think small asian women with soap might do the trick better! :D

Jokes aside, get well soon wishes from me as well! Do you play with a real rig or just a wheel fixed on a table in front of your couch? That might be the problem, I suffer the same problems after extensive play because I m sitting on my bed in the bedroom when I play. I solved it by starting to do some lower back muscle training, maybe that could help you too?

Guys, We need to change Mount Panorama track. I'm playing with Musomaniak and it froze again...

Maybe we can sort it on the lobby? If not, I won't even bother to start this one... Hope you guys have better luck

Fun racing with you guy's last night; arvore, Vaxxtx, RomKnight, fatkrakr.

I have a lot to learn, you guys are fast! I don't stand a chance Sunday.

Hats off to avore and RomKnight who pulled all nighter due to time difference.

Vaxxtx: I would really like to get ahold of your Porsche and BMW tunes! They are awesome!

I am not great at tuning for the masses. I only tune to MY liking so, here is the Porche one. Its tuned for Spa, but this tune can be used on other tracks no problem. Some of you guys liked it and I forgot to post till now.... (or did I forget? :P ).

Porche RSR 3.0

Tires and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 40.00
R. Tire Pressure - 50.00
Brake Balance - 49.00
Brake Pressure - 13.00

Alignment

Steering Lock - 20.00
Caster Angle - 10.00
F. Toe Angle - 18.00
R. Toe Angle - 19.00
F. Camber - 22.00
R. Camber - 27.00

Stance

F. Ride Height - 2.00
R. Ride Height - 3.00

Differential

L. Slip Acceleration Lock - 10.00
L. Slip Decceleration Lock - 10.00
L. Slip Preload - 0.00

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - 8.00
R. Downforce - 8.00

Springs

F. Sway Bar - 5.00
R. Sway Bar - 2.00
F. Spring Rate - 2.00
R. Spring Rate - 2.00
F. Bump Stop - 0.00
R. Bump Stop - 0.00

Dampers

F. Damper Fast Bump - 3.00
F. Damper Slow Bump - 2.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound - 2.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound - 2.00
R. Damper Fast Bump - 3.00
R. Damper Slow Bump - 2.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 2.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 2.00

Drivetrain

Final - 8.00
1st - 1.00
2nd - 1.00
3rd - 1.00
4th - 1.00
5th - 1.00
6th - 2.00

Guys, We need to change Mount Panorama track. I'm playing with Musomaniak and it froze again...

Maybe we can sort it on the lobby? If not, I won't even bother to start this one... Hope you guys have better luck

For some reason you and Fat kept freezing on it. I am down for track change. Maybe discuss it in chat? Take a vote? Take a suggestion? I vote Figure8!!

Thanks everyone for your kind wishes. I will be watching in interest to the Legends series and any other online racing by the group here.
I can't race worth a damn with a controller - now if Texas would publish a "Mastering the DS3 for Dummies" I may be able to compete 💡

Sorry to hear that BMW , keep in touch mate , and if you fancy a change from racing , get Bad Company 2 , and hit me up , we can form a squad and go kick some arse . See if you can find a small oriental woman with high heels on to walk up and down your back , that'll sort it .

I am terrible at first person shooters (most games for that matter) - virtual racing has been my only focus for entertainment. But, anything that I can freely move about is a possibility.
Small oriental woman...hmmm... I have tried most everything but that. My guess is the wife won't approve that therapy approach :lol:

Do you play with a real rig or just a wheel fixed on a table in front of your couch?...
I solved it by starting to do some lower back muscle training, maybe that could help you too?

I use a DFGT on a Wheel Stand Pro with a good adjustable office chair. I have struggled with a lower back disk issue for the past couple of years and have tried most every therapy and exercise. Just seems to be getting worse so thought I need to give it a break from any irritants.
My arm still works good though :cheers:

I am seeing the doc this week - I am hoping the next "patch" will correct my physics issue :)

I m down for track change too, since its not RomKnights ot fatkrakrs fault that the damn game keeps freezing on them at Bathurst.

Also there are still some other classic tracks we didnt touch yet: Zolder, Monac... Riviera, I mean :D, Enna Pergusa, Donington, if we want to keep to something steep and hilly: Laguna Seca...

Okay guys we shall give Mnt Panorama one chance. If anyone freezes we all quit. Just announce it in the chatroom. The back up track for the Capri will be Enna Pergusa 👍

Okay guys we shall give Mnt Panorama one chance. If anyone freezes we all quit. Just announce it in the chatroom. The back up track for the Capri will be Enna Pergusa 👍

Nice! 👍 I am hoping for LOTS of freezes!

Damn, I don't think I can make it back in time, I am out on a call now. One of my customer's had emergency issue this morning. I'll try though, If not I will PM you before.

Wow, some of the best races we had yet I d say... from my completely unbiased point of view! :D

I m stunned that I won the Spa race, btw! What happened Rommie, you were gone from one second to the other. I even had a mayor crash and spun out in Eau Rouge directly after that, had to reverse and still kept a good lead. Did you have to reassemble the car? :D Btw, maybe I could have had a chance at Mt. Panorama too but somebody spun me out directly at the start. But finally some good points gained for Europe!

I did too many mistakes on the 1st two laps. Poor tune and lack of focus I guess...

I haven't seen Vaxxtx tunes prior the game so shame on me not checking the thread first.

I'm just glad it didn't froze on Mount Panorama. I tried a new "technique" on it; I disabled the mirror AND let go off the throttle just a fraction of a second (yeah I can do that :lol:) and then brake - Ok, actually I just slow down first then brake instead of just slamming the brakes late especially on that 2nd corner but it doesn't sound as cool :lol:

I lose a lot of time doing that that BUT it worked :D (luck?)

I also won at willow Springs because I got in the front. A couple more laps Vaxxtx would've caught me. Again... very poor tuning did not help :(

Next round Nordscheilfe in a 914 would be VERY interesting. Stock or just a mild upgrade (so we can us the 5th gear more than once :D) will make us work for a line where the least speed is lost :)

I did it with Vaxxtx a couple of times after everyone's gone and its a blast. 9m is the mark to beat :D

It was awesome racing tonight and I can't wait for next weekend.

Thanks guys, I will be there next week too, it was fun!

Nice duel with Zeeco_9 at Spa till my wheel disconnected.

Will test a shorter USB cable in the interim to see if that helps with my wheel disconnects.

Don't know what happened with my audio there at the end, you could hear me, but I couldn't hear you guys.

Hey guys , i thought the more you raced the better you got ? Well if thats the case what the hell is happening to me ? :lol:
It seems every time i get shunted , i'm the one bringing up the rear , never mind it wouldn't be a race without the guy in last position would it :crazy:

Still a whole lot of fun , and basically thats the reason i do it , hell i'm a fps player not a racer , but i love it .👍

Thank you folks for a some good racing again, and welcome to Jogo who joined us for the first time tonight.

Vaxx, FLX and Rom dominated tonight. You guys were flying. I guess FLX is going to have a restless sleep tonight :) Bad luck to Texas with a disconnect in the last race. Yeah Muso I suffer from the same ' bringing up the rear syndrome'.

I think we will have to be a bit more cautious with those first corners. I was taken out twice (race 1 and 3) and some folks in the Mnt Panaorama race. We will have to come to an agreement how to avoid similar incidents in the future. I did experience more than usual lag tonight and I am sure it has a lot to do with the crashes.

Anyway it was good fun as always 👍

I have some free time this week and would like to start on our next racing series. I have more or less an idea, but need your input. The last thing I want to do is organise something that does not appeal. So far we have Class C/D and GT3's as an alternative. Please let me know if you have any more ideas 👍

Another idea from JogoAsobi (I think) is a V8 series.

Yep, that was me. C-Class, and GT3 also sounds good, how about Retro, or races with right-hand steering cars like JDM, and some of the European cars?

Gonna fire up the PS3, changed out the USB cable for a shorter one on my wheel stand (Fanatec Rennsport).

The USB cable is the only thing I can think of since the disconnect does not happen with other games.

It was a real pain because I encased the cables running from the wheel in flex tubing which I zip-tied to the wheel stand to cut down on clutter.

I think we will have to be a bit more cautious with those first corners. I was taken out twice (race 1 and 3) and some folks in the Mnt Panaorama race. We will have to come to an agreement how to avoid similar incidents in the future.

I seem to be taken out a lot at the start or first corner, I know I am a lot slower than some people. Maybe we could agree to a slow start holding grid positions that would become a rolling start after a certain landmark or first corner depending on the track.

Last edited:
Sorry I couldnt make it today I had some unexpected guests. Would of blew them off but dont see them very often. Sounds like you guys are going to force me to build some gt cars arent you. Havent done it since I restarted. I actually need to get alot of stuff done. Im still only 41% done. Finished the legends races though. :)

Lots of bad luck from my end:ouch:. 5th place or something in the first race, didn't finish at Panorama, and disconnected @ Spa. Next week will be better for sure.

May I request a Works competition? They don't get used very much especially in the 1501-2000 PI range. It would be so cool to do a mock DTM race with the Works E92 and Works RS4 @ Nurburgring or Ochersblen (sp). A DTM season is very possible with the huge track list. A BTCC type of series would be nice with the works converted hatchbacks in the game or a Super GT-esque race as well. The theme could switch-up like the Legend Series did.

Greetings from Hamburg, guys! :)

I love the works comp idea, only problem I see is that they are very often causing freezes. Especially the ones with high PI of course. D/C-Class and GT3 would still also be very nice ideas.

What I dont get is how everbody complaints about getting rammed yesterday and nobody confessed to ramming... Do we have ghost rammers? :D

I apologized to Jogo right after I hit him on Spa (during the race). But It affected no one's positions. I think he run over some ants on the grass though... :D

I was hit after emergengy braking and a "detour" to avoid a collision in front of me on Mount Panorama. But its expected in emergencies. I just kept going since I did not spun at the time.

One note though. When I hit Jogo, I really thought I didn't hit him... until he released the brakes and the car flipped. I hit him from behind in a straight line so I think he should have slide a bit but rolling over was surprising. He recovered, very well in fact and without the reset button.

One other thing. If during a hit the car is unable to restart, after a awhile stopped it auto-magically returns to the track. Same thing happens if you take too long to recover (or so it seems). I noticed this in off-line races where I "accidentally crashed" :lol:

I don't remember anything else. I just want to get going and lose the least amount of time :D

I don't count as hits fights for position where someone goes wide in a corner (like I did) and the guy behind takes advantage of that (obviously) as long as its side-by-side.

In a straight line though its another matter but since i'm in this for fun who cares about an accident after playing random online races :ill:

And here's an ideia/question. Anyone knows the difference between unranked and ranked events? Where in the game is the score in ranked events?

Because ranks could be used for our racing series and avoid Zeeco a bit of work...

Last edited:
Back