Legend championship series

• Thread starter Zeeco_9
  • 368 comments

What time do you want to race on Sundays?

• 7pm GMT

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 8pm GMT

Votes: 11 84.6%

• Total voters
Greetings from Hamburg, guys! :)

I love the works comp idea, only problem I see is that they are very often causing freezes. Especially the ones with high PI of course. D/C-Class and GT3 would still also be very nice ideas.

What I dont get is how everbody complaints about getting rammed yesterday and nobody confessed to ramming... Do we have ghost rammers? :D

I was lucky that I avoided most accidents in the first 2 races. I think muso and I "rubbed" on Willow Springs, but nothing that caused us to go off.

I do take full responsibility for the first wreck on Spa's first corner. I believe I took out at LEAST 4 people. I did let everyone pass me up, and dropped back to last place though.

Results posted 👍

Well done to the guys from across the pond. You have won the Continental trophy....no ways that Europe can catch you guys anymore :cheers:

edit : some very good ideas for our next series...thank you folks. I have a lot to consider to make the next series as interesting as possible. Vax, muso, fatkrakr do you guys have any suggestions ( or anyone planning to join us lot) ?

@ Vaxx...no worries about the start at Spa. It is a track where accidents are almost unavoidable. I am not pointing fingers at anybody. This series has been CLEAN and FAIR all the time. I really appreciate the good racing etiquette from all of you guys. My concern is only a way for us to limit future first corner pileups. Jogo has a very good idea with the rolling start / pass a marker concept. I think it is something we should consider.

@ Rom....no idea where you can view ranked events. I only use unranked play for the simple reason it allows you to invite friends. Ranked events open the lobby to the public as well.

@ FLX....congratulations on your first win mate 👍

edit(2): how many of you guys have the Speedhunters DLC?

Last edited:
I'll go with anything that is decided , its all a big learning curve to me , so variation is cool as far as i'm concerned . Different car classes / track combinations imo will maintain a good level of interest .
I also think the rolling start /pass a marker is a good idea , anything that reduces the first corner type pile ups has got to be good , because i always seem to come out the other end of it in last place :scared: Its a pity about the lag issues at times , i thought i was at least 20 feet away from you Zeeco last night , but i obviously wasn't , this is the type of lag issues that did my plonka in with fps games , before i understood a bit about lag i thought the enemy had guns that could shoot round corners and kill me :lol::lol: God i'm a proper noob :ill:

Last edited:
I like the sound of some D class but Im up for anything you guys are. The rolling starts sounds like it may work. I think the problem at the very start also is not everyone uses the "perfect launch" so some are running over others. Ive done it a couple times myself. If you get a perfect launch and the guy infront of you doesnt you run right over them. No Speedhunters for me. No tracks no cash.

Last edited:
Variation is good. I love D Class. The V8's sounds great as well.

Also I have the Speedhunter DLC.

I am open to anything you all decide, I also have the Speedhunters DLC.

A thought about the lag times playing online.

If you are connecting the PS3 wirelessly to your network be aware of the following.

The PS3/PS3 Slim wireless network card is only 802.11b/g Wi-Fi.
Don't take my word for it, see;http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3

I am baffled that Sony has never upgraded the card, its last gen tech.

So even if your wireless router is a 802.11n specification, you are relegated to g speeds.

Your wireless N router will only run at 802.11n speeds when using other 802.11n-spec devices.

In fact, when using an 802.11b/g device on a 802.11n wireless network, overall network speed is dragged down by the b/g device.

So that shiny new kick**s wireless router you got within the last couple of years is transferring data to and from your PS3 at the same rate as a 5 year old PC.

I cannot help but think that might contribute to online play lag.

Then add the fact that we are all on different continents, connected with varying home networks to the www.

Not advising you all to go get hard wired, just think that this may contribute to online play lag, and its to be expected.

Its not really a big deal if the PS3 is the only thing being used on the wireless home network.

But if you have a couple of PCs up and running and surfing the net, and maybe a phone accessing the network too, things can slow down.

b/g wireless' lower speed is not really noticeable if you're just surfing the net, but large file downloads like games from the PS Store will be slower and NetFlix will not buffer as well as when connected by ethernet.

That is why I have my PS3 hooked up to my wireless router via ethernet.

Last edited:
If you are connecting the PS3 wirelessly to your network be aware of the following.

The PS3/PS3 Slim wireless network card is only 802.11b/g Wi-Fi.
Don't take my word for it, see;http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3

I am baffled that Sony has never upgraded the card, its last gen tech.

So even if your wireless router is a 802.11n specification, you are relegated to g speeds.

Your wireless N router will only run at 802.11n speeds when using other 802.11n-spec devices.

In fact, when using an 802.11b/g device on a 802.11n wireless network, overall network speed is dragged down by the b/g device.

So that shiny new kick**s wireless router you got within the last couple of years is transferring data to and from your PS3 at the same rate as a 5 year old PC.

I cannot help but think that might contribute to online play lag.

Then add the fact that we are all on different continents, connected with varying home networks to the www.

Not advising you all to go get hard wired, just think that this may contribute to online play lag, and its to be expected.

Its not really a big deal if the PS3 is the only thing being used on the wireless home network.

But if you have a couple of PCs up and running and surfing the net, and maybe a phone accessing the network too, things can slow down.

b/g wireless' lower speed is not really noticeable if you're just surfing the net, but large file downloads like games from the PS Store will be slower and NetFlix will not buffer as well as when connected by ethernet.

That is why I have my PS3 hooked up to my wireless router via ethernet.

I agree that a wired connection can be more reliable (not prone to interference) but 802.11 "g" is plenty for anything over the Internet. Most Internet download speeds will be between 10 - 20 MBps - wireless "g" is 54 MBps. Yes, the 54 MBps is theoretical but it should not be a bottleneck.
Wireless "n" is more beneficial for local network connectivity where network speeds will be between 100 MBps and 1000 MBps.

In a pristine theoretical environment with no interference such as microwaves, cordless phones, BT devices, other wireless networks and building materials I would agree.

But no matter how you slice and dice it, 802.11n's greater throughput capacity will provide an extra buffer when multiple devices and/or interference is a factor on the same local network, and ethernet will provide the most solid connection.

The local network's data transfer speed and efficiency is the issue, not the connection speed to the internet.

bmwiseme said:
"g" is plenty for anything over the Internet

Video streaming from the www using 802.11g is not a whole lot of fun, that is why the majority of the manufacturers who supply wifi-enabled video streaming devices advise that it is not supported on anything lower than 802.11n.

...and my PS3's Netflix connection and movie playback smoothness is much more stable via ethernet than it was wireless.

Please excuse the off topic excursion, just trying to figure what might be contributing to the lag/collision thing playing online.

Last edited:
Its all gaga to me , don't really have the faintest idea what you're talking about , but i do know my ps3 is hardwired with an ethernet cable to my router which is a d-link 615 , i was wondering while on this topic , should i reset the router back to default settings , i only ask because i tried different settings that people advised me to do for smooth running .

Video streaming from the www using 802.11g is not a whole lot of fun, that is why the majority of the manufacturers who supply wifi-enabled video streaming devices advise that it is not supported on anything lower than 802.11n.

...and my PS3's Netflix connection and movie playback smoothness is much more stable via ethernet than it was wireless.

No question that a wired (ethernet) connection is preferred - did you think I was suggesting otherwise?
Regarding wireless, using an "n" device on a "local" network should provide much more bandwidth than "g' - that is why manufacturers would recommend (agreed).
Your internet connection though is not providing the speeds of wireless "n" - typical DSL or Cable is 10-30MBps max. hence the bottleneck.

I work with computers and networks professionally - just stated for some credibility but I also don't claim to be an expert on all. I could post some technical white papers on the subject but this isn't the thread. Post just caught my attention as this issue has been discussed before in the S2U threads.

Good discussion JojoAsobi, and I agree this thread isn't the place to discuss network topologies and I am also sorry to interruption.

Last edited:
:indiff:
Heres another off topic one , hows the back bmwisme and when you coming back :lol::cheers:

Hey muso, not feeling too bad.. May try some extended session racing in a week or so to test the waters - I miss the competition. It sure would be fun to run the Nordschleife race (one of my favorite tracks) :indiff:

:indiff:

Hey muso, not feeling too bad.. May try some extended session racing in a week or so to test the waters - I miss the competition. It sure would be fun to run the Nordschleife race (one of my favorite tracks) :indiff:

Good to hear you are feeling better Bmw. I really hope you can join us on the next adventure 👍

Its all gaga to me , don't really have the faintest idea what you're talking about , but i do know my ps3 is hardwired with an ethernet cable to my router which is a d-link 615 , i was wondering while on this topic , should i reset the router back to default settings , i only ask because i tried different settings that people advised me to do for smooth running .

Muso, if its already hardwired, a default reset is not going to change anything, unless you have opened specific ports on the router (which I do not believe you have based on your "its all gaga to me" comment. The reset would close any opened ports and will also affect any other wireless devices you use the router with because the wireless encryption level and password will get reset.

So if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Last deviation from the topic.

Is the Porsche 914/6 to be used for this coming Sunday to be bone-stock? Don't see Round 6 specs in the OP.

Hey Rom sorry for bailing out on you , but my daughter phoned asking for a lift to work , bloody typical , kids grow up and fly the nest , yet i still get tagged with DAD'S TAXI :lol::lol:

Zee, its the first time I wish you would ve chose something else... I far prefer the stock 914/6 over the upgraded version, no matter how good the tune is.

But hey, its no reason not to join in and annihilate y' all! Germany needs to rule in Germany! :D

Zee, its the first time I wish you would ve chose something else... I far prefer the stock 914/6 over the upgraded version, no matter how good the tune is.

But hey, its no reason not to join in and annihilate y' all! Germany needs to rule in Germany! :D

FLX the 914/6 is perfect for the track....trust me 👍

Last day of the Legends today gents. All to race for.....good luck to all of you guys 👍

We are going to have a rolling start for this one. The Green Hell is a disaster at the start. No overtaking during the first few corners, but once you hit the first short downhill straight you can rip it. Whoever is in pole position just take it easy those few corners, the rest will follow your cue :nervous:

You can take it easy in shift 2? Geez, I didnt ever realize that... :D

On a serious note: I think the idea is very good but regarding the funky collisions and the very tight and sharp corners until the first straight, we ll probably still have some crashing out at the start.

Hey Zecco, I plan on being part of the madness today - can't miss a Sunday drive round the ring! I was not able to practice with these cars so should be interesting - I will give plenty of racing room unless I am given a gift :)

Hey Zecco, I plan on being part of the madness today - can't miss a Sunday drive round the ring! I was not able to practice with these cars so should be interesting - I will give plenty of racing room unless I am given a gift :)

Ahh brilliant Bmw, it will be good to finish the series with all who started 👍

I am glad to hear it. If you are feeling better...I need a team-mate for the next series....Ill even send some athlete menthol rub!

I am glad to hear it. If you are feeling better...I need a team-mate for the next series....Ill even send some athlete menthol rub!

I like the small oriental women back treatment suggestion better but I would like to team up for the next series. Can't commit to every week though as you know it is smack in the middle of the afternoon and I never know what will come up - looks good as far as I can see.

Haha enjoyed that tonight guys , hell i would have been 5th in the second race if i hadn't of stopped just after the finish line thinking the race was finished ( i might have to delete you guys now ):lol::lol:
The last race i had to stop for that sheep crossing the road .

Haha enjoyed that tonight guys , hell i would have been 5th in the second race if i hadn't of stopped just after the finish line thinking the race was finished ( i might have to delete you guys now ):lol::lol:
The last race i had to stop for that sheep crossing the road .

:lol::lol::lol:

Yeah thanks alot to all you guys for some awesome racing, tonight and throughout all the series as well! 👍

It seems I m quite a good duo with my overpowered Beetle :D, actually I could have won the other races as well if I wouldnt have been knocked around so much... Well, probably just happens on the Nordschleife, with the narrow track and the funky collisions in shift 2.

Final results posted 👍

Congratulations to Vaxxtx....you are the LEGEND and a well deserved winner :cheers::cheers:

At the award ceremony held early Monday morning the following prizes were awarded:

* a ROLEX watch showing GMT+1 went to RomKnight
* the KFC family meal to TexasTyme for the fastest fingerlicking fingers in the series
* the RSPCA annual membership for being kind to sheep went to musomaniak
* GLAXO supply of Valiums combatting road rage went to JogoAbosi
* the SU2 shield for ' I drove with broken bones, there is methanol burning, take any seat available, the pain means nothing to me, the answer is always yes' was awarded to bmwisme
* the VOLKSWAGEN cup for winning the last race in an OVERPOWERED Beetle, to some guy from Stuttgart ( forgot his name)
* a THOMPSON holiday to the Maldives for two went to fatkrakr for being a true gentleman

Well done to all you racers :cheers:

edit: thank you to all the sponsors who made this series possible

Last edited:
Back