Legendary Zandvoort back on F1 calendar!

• Thread starter BrainsBush
  • 161 comments
Spa's saving grace is that Zandvoort seems to be planned for the start of the European season while Spa is staying at the end. A few months gap might help encourage people to do both.

I doubt it. Bernhard JR likes money, and Max has created a giant herd of sheep who will empty their wallets to see a Dutch GP, while wearing Bernhard van Oranje shirts.

Can't imagine that it can be held in Zandvoort within a year. It is presently a rather big pile of old crap.

But with a royal connection it wouldn't surprise me, good way to spend someone else there money.

Can remember the Marlboro Master races end of the 90's. Only 100k people and Zandvoort was blocked completely during the whole weekend. Nothing changed since.

Upcoming Jumbo Racing Days is again a good 'repetition' for handling vast groups of people. Expected 125K visitors.
If it is the same as the previous edition....well good luck but not me.

Can remember the Marlboro Master races end of the 90's

I was at this one.

And a couple of DTM races in the 00's, and I was there again last year in June, during a non event day, and I agree with you that nothing changed, except for the track surface and parts of the crash barriers.

It will never be ready unless the royal turd will pay for 11 months of uninterrupted rebuilding of everything.

Last edited:
@Dennisch

Was at that event as well, I stayed at a rented bungalow in the park besides the circuit. Was great with a F1, WRC and GP500 at the track at the same time.

Been to most Malboro Masters.

Once again we see a post like this with no source. It's not anywhere on reputable sites at the moment.
am watching a live press conference where they made it official!!! ... its in Dutch,so not mutch use to post the link... ;)

Spy.

Another track for people to moan about how it's impossible to over take in an F1 car and how there isn't any racing in F1!

Yes but we won't get people complaining about 'another' boring Tilkedrome in a country with questionable human rights, played out in front of empty grandstands...

I just hope they don't totally **** the character of the circuit.

Yes but we won't get people complaining about 'another' boring Tilkedrome in a country with questionable human rights, played out in front of empty grandstands...

I just hope they don't totally **** the character of the circuit.

Judging by the amount of space its more likely to be played out in front of no grandstands.

I am hoping it will still be possible to crash at the circuit without mechanical failure.

Don't forget the weather at Zandvoort.. The chance of getting a wet race is even higher than on Silverstone I guess :D

Only downside, it can be pretty foggy around Zandvoort, so the helicopters can't take off and land.

The first changes have been announced by Jan Lammers.

circuit_park_zandvoort_map-1.png

Turn 2 will get a larger run off area. Turn 3 will be widened on the inside, and turn 12 will become a banked corner to make it a flat out corner with the DRS open. And the finish line will move a bit towards to the Tarzanbocht.

The first changes have been announced by Jan Lammers.

circuit_park_zandvoort_map-1.png

Turn 2 will get a larger run off area. Turn 3 will be widened on the inside, and turn 12 will become a banked corner to make it a flat out corner with the DRS open. And the finish line will move a bit towards to the Tarzanbocht.
Some Twitter journalist drew what is expected.
zandy.jpg

Preserves the best part of the track - turns 4-9, while giving a longer straight into Tarzan without having to move it. Also the new final corner should actually have space for decent runoff.

They better keep Scheivlak and Mastersbocht as gravel and grass runoffs respectively. The walls might will need extending back, but a nice sea of gravel is what makes the corners, and keeps the Youtube views coming.

RIP the Dutch infrastructure those four days.

Absolutely. Any questions of the track being ready and up to F1 standards aside, one thing that will require and immense amount of work and therefore investment is the infrastructure of the surrounding area. I find it difficult to believe it can be sorted in a single year.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy that F1 is coming back to another European location, but I fear that next year is too soon for Zandvoort - they should have given it 2 possibly 3 years to allow for all the preparation and work to be completed.

Back