Legendary Zandvoort back on F1 calendar!

• Thread starter BrainsBush
  • 161 comments
Unfortunately, the eponymous "Tarzan" has almost certainly long since passed on. He supposedly wouldn't give up his allotment, so the track could be built, unless a corner (i.e. Tarzanbocht) was named after him. If this is true, we should all be more like Tarzan.

Main Straight - 448 euro
Gold - 396 euro
Silver I - 316 euro
Silver II - 284 euro
Bronze I - 236 euro
Bronze II - 185 euro
Dune/general admission- 140 euro

140 Euro to sit in the sand.

:lol:

Also. Tickets will be sold through a lottery, as there was a registration required and way more people registered than that there are tickets available.

Last edited:
If they know they'll sell out, why not charge a massive price per ticket? They've got to get some money back after all.
A weekend in a tent for €600 is expensive enough for us poor Dutchies ;) And you've seen hotel rooms for 12K...but they are exclusively for the foreign wealthy tourists. aka sponsors

Also we promised our Royal Prince Bernard Jr we will buy some extra food/drink coupons on track side and buy all our groceries at Jumbo for the next year. (Frits v Eerd also happy). Then still we have to find a solution for Bleekemolen (raceplanet.nl) because he will have to close his racetracks days because of the renovation of the track for a much longer period as usual.

A more serious note: a couple of locals and environmental green activists are thinking about legal procedures against this GP in Zandvoort. The dune area is protected area and no broader walking path to the track is allowed.

It's a ridiculous amount of money. Which ever way you want to spin it.

My dad wants to go there, but he agreed that 140 is too much to sponsor Bernhard JR. He doesn't care too much about the racing, so I will see if there are tickets available for the Friday, which are 35 Euro.

Main Straight - 448 euro
Gold - 396 euro
Silver I - 316 euro
Silver II - 284 euro
Bronze I - 236 euro
Bronze II - 185 euro
Dune/general admission- 140 euro

140 Euro to sit in the sand.

:lol:

Also. Tickets will be sold through a lottery, as there was a registration required and way more people registered than that there are tickets available.

Clearly the prices aren't putting people off, and that's why the prices is what the prices is.

After all, it's right next door to Belgium where Verstappen's from :D

Clearly the prices aren't putting people off, and that's why the prices is what the prices is.

I wasn't planning on going until my dad (old/sick etc) told me he had some interest. I drew the line at 100 Euros for a ticket. My dad didn't believe at first that the prices would be that high, now he knows and anything other than Friday is off the table.

What other people do with their money isn't mine to decide.

After all, it's right next door to Belgium where Verstappen's from :D

That stopped being funny after the 50th time you mentioned it. You need new material. He has a girlfriend now, maybe that is something to explore?

That stopped being funny after the 50th time you mentioned it. You need new material. He has a girlfriend now, maybe that is something to explore?

I don't know, every time I write it I get a big stupid grin on my face. Is the girlfriend Belgian? Belgians are naturally a funny thing, much more so than those Dutchies.

Some unofficial news by Dutch commentator Olav Mol: the proposed changes are not enough for FIA grade 1. There are no finances for additional required changes.

They'll still do it anyways at this point right? Why even announce it if the proposed changes weren't going to be enough.

Some unofficial news by Dutch commentator Olav Mol: the proposed changes are not enough for FIA grade 1. There are no finances for additional required changes.
Surely these proposed changes were okayed by the FIA long ago? If not why announce it's return?

800px-Prins-berhard-okt15-s.jpg

Because that is what I think of him, how he works, how he got/gets his money, how he has 'friends' in places because of his name.

I won't go into a fully detailed rant because this isn't the place for that.

Back