Lego

• Thread starter LoudMusic
  • 2,394 comments
Got my LEGO bricks today, finished my LEGO hill climb rally car in gravel trim in under 3 hours. :sly:

Nearly 1000 parts, proper steering, doors and hood can be opened, interior and engine are fully modeled, and as always I went completely nuts with the aero package. Front splitter, swan-neck rear wing, ankle cutters, a freaking huge diffuser, a fat rear Gourney etc. etc. :D

0LBoY8W.jpg

GiWQket.jpg

HIgvaEQ.jpg

2vBCRO7.jpg

2EUVBer.jpg

I was not 100% happy with the front section of the car, so I improved it a little. I made it simpler and smoother and decreased the profile a little bit, I also slightly increased the scoop intake in the hood.

What do you guys think? :dopey:

zq2ZwFj.jpg

DY6Pj9C.jpg

Yt8Tdj1.jpg

Last edited:
DSC_1262.JPG

I might have a slight problem... Mainly that I don't even have enough room for this lot, let alone the X-Wing, Y-Wing and Mos Eisley sets I want next! I've ordered a few bricks including some I'm hoping I can hide a strong enough magnet in so the starfighters can stick to my PC, I'm kind of assuming an A, X and Y-Wing could all fit on the side. If not, I guess I'll have to think of something else, maybe a stand for the three of them together that could sit on top instead.

My minifigs are getting a bit crowded, too...

152288105830087493272.jpg

(Ignore that boat thing made out of tiny bricks in front of Yoda and Anakin, that's made of the spares I had left over from building this - )
512yjd1cqoL._SY550_.jpg

Edit: Ok maybe I won't get that Y-Wing, there's a UCS version coming out this year: http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/75181_Y-wing_Starfighter

Last edited:
View attachment 727453

I might have a slight problem... Mainly that I don't even have enough room for this lot, let alone the X-Wing, Y-Wing and Mos Eisley sets I want next! I've ordered a few bricks including some I'm hoping I can hide a strong enough magnet in so the starfighters can stick to my PC, I'm kind of assuming an A, X and Y-Wing could all fit on the side. If not, I guess I'll have to think of something else, maybe a stand for the three of them together that could sit on top instead.

My minifigs are getting a bit crowded, too...

View attachment 727454

(Ignore that boat thing made out of tiny bricks in front of Yoda and Anakin, that's made of the spares I had left over from building this - )
512yjd1cqoL._SY550_.jpg

Edit: Ok maybe I won't get that Y-Wing, there's a UCS version coming out this year: http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/75181_Y-wing_Starfighter

I feel your pain sir. I still have no idea where my UCS Falcon is going to go... and then I bought this yesterday:
0FBA3DB3-267D-4CC3-84D3-964A94000BAC.jpeg

Felt like doing a little group shot of my LEGO models. The tiny red Group-C car is my oldest surviving model, I built it 12 years ago when I was 16.
In total thats over 6000 LEGO bricks on the shelf, 2 models are currently undergoing updates / repairs so they are not on the shelf. The LMP1 on the far left is my oldest of the large scale models, the Yellow-Black Group C car is the biggest models with a brick count of over 1500.

PKS2nYs.jpg

Felt like doing a little group shot of my LEGO models. The tiny red Group-C car is my oldest surviving model, I built it 12 years ago when I was 16.
In total thats over 6000 LEGO bricks on the shelf, 2 models are currently undergoing updates / repairs so they are not on the shelf. The LMP1 on the far left is my oldest of the large scale models, the Yellow-Black Group C car is the biggest models with a brick count of over 1500.

PKS2nYs.jpg
Very nice. I used to build models like the tiny red Group C car when I was young.

I just bricklinked all the pieces for this NSX this weekend. I'm taking the week of Memorial Day off so I can build her and play some GTS 👍

Jerome

View attachment 740161

These prices are getting a bit ridiculous.

3,600 pieces for $350 isn't too bad, tbh. after shipping I ended up paying just over $400 to build my NSX and thats just 1,700 pieces. But that Bugatti is sick, I'm looking for another build so it looks like that one is next.

I'll post up the build of my NSX once I get the last 4-5 pieces. I made some improvements over Nico71's build, very minor ones but necessary.

7lbvKY.jpg

EDIT: I bought the Bugatti today and started the build. I'm about 1.5 boxes in out of 6 and I'm about 5 hours into the build. Now that I'll be back at work, it'll probably take me weeks to finish :lol:

EDIT 2: I finallly finished my NSX build with some light mods :D

You can check out the album on image shack HERE.

I'll post pics of the Bugatti build once I'm done.

Jerome

Last edited:
I finished the Chiron build today, about 16 hours build time for 3,600 pieces which is okay for my amateur skills. You can check my build pics HERE.

The build was really great all around. The early stages and last stages were the best. And it's not a Murse, it's a European Shoulder Bag :P

Part of me wishes I did the NSX after the Chiron to get the full effect, but doing the NSX first really set the stage for the Chiron. The Chiron build was like the NSX build, but on steroids :lol:

4v6vc8.jpg

Jerome

Last edited:
Designed a few bigger-than-usual, but still Speed Champions-ish cars in Stud.io for fun. Of them, I think this was the best one and the car I'd like to build for real.

Attachments

• Bellomo LM002MZD #1.png
    Bellomo LM002MZD #1.png
    32.7 KB · Views: 33
  • Bellomo LM002MZD #4.png
    Bellomo LM002MZD #4.png
    30.9 KB · Views: 32
  • Bellomo LM002MZD.png
    Bellomo LM002MZD.png
    50.4 KB · Views: 33
  • Bellomo LM002MZD #2.png
    Bellomo LM002MZD #2.png
    51.9 KB · Views: 30
I threw this together to display on my desk at work for Pride month. I used one of the Creative Boxes and tried to use as much variety as possible. I haven't made any Lego without instructions in a while so this was fun.

XgWdzW6bStA3IYfprJa4ttUgV0Qf5WNiUxGBKZ_F7bA.jpg

Just bought the new Voltron today. Hoping I can get to it by the end of the year :lol: My company is moving into a new office in early Sept. so time is gonna be tight for a while.

Jerome

Just bought the new Voltron today. Hoping I can get to it by the end of the year :lol: My company is moving into a new office in early Sept. so time is gonna be tight for a while.

Jerome

I picked up Voltron yesterday as well. After the 🤬 day at work I had it was the highlight of my day. Now I just have to figure out when I can start building it.

I also picked up the new Ant Man set. I did end up building that last night. Neat little set.

Back