Lego

Discussion in 'The Rumble Strip' started by LoudMusic, Apr 26, 2004.

1. Touring Mars

Touring Mars Moderator

:( A friend of a friend works for Lego in Denmark - I bet he's bricking it right now.

Michael88, Robin and daan like this.
  2. daan

daan Moderator

Hopefully, he'll be able to rebuild his career, as long as he's still got the instruction book.

3. Michael88

Michael88

Got my LEGO bricks today, finished my LEGO hill climb rally car in gravel trim in under 3 hours. :sly:

Nearly 1000 parts, proper steering, doors and hood can be opened, interior and engine are fully modeled, and as always I went completely nuts with the aero package. Front splitter, swan-neck rear wing, ankle cutters, a freaking huge diffuser, a fat rear Gourney etc. etc. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Casey, TheNuvolari, MarcoM and 9 others like this.
  4. Michael88

Michael88

I was not 100% happy with the front section of the car, so I improved it a little. I made it simpler and smoother and decreased the profile a little bit, I also slightly increased the scoop intake in the hood.

What do you guys think? :dopey:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
    neema_t likes this.
  5. Sting

Sting Premium

New version with the front tweaks looks way better imo.

Michael88 likes this.
  6. neema_t

neema_t Premium

DSC_1262.JPG

I might have a slight problem... Mainly that I don't even have enough room for this lot, let alone the X-Wing, Y-Wing and Mos Eisley sets I want next! I've ordered a few bricks including some I'm hoping I can hide a strong enough magnet in so the starfighters can stick to my PC, I'm kind of assuming an A, X and Y-Wing could all fit on the side. If not, I guess I'll have to think of something else, maybe a stand for the three of them together that could sit on top instead.

My minifigs are getting a bit crowded, too...

152288105830087493272.jpg

(Ignore that boat thing made out of tiny bricks in front of Yoda and Anakin, that's made of the spares I had left over from building this - )
    [​IMG]

Edit: Ok maybe I won't get that Y-Wing, there's a UCS version coming out this year: http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/75181_Y-wing_Starfighter

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  7. Sting

Sting Premium

I feel your pain sir. I still have no idea where my UCS Falcon is going to go... and then I bought this yesterday:
    0FBA3DB3-267D-4CC3-84D3-964A94000BAC.jpeg

TB and Michael88 like this.
  8. Michael88

Michael88

Felt like doing a little group shot of my LEGO models. The tiny red Group-C car is my oldest surviving model, I built it 12 years ago when I was 16.
    In total thats over 6000 LEGO bricks on the shelf, 2 models are currently undergoing updates / repairs so they are not on the shelf. The LMP1 on the far left is my oldest of the large scale models, the Yellow-Black Group C car is the biggest models with a brick count of over 1500.

[​IMG]

9. Kingofweasles

Kingofweasles

Very nice. I used to build models like the tiny red Group C car when I was young.

Michael88 likes this.
  10. Jump_Ace

Jump_Ace Staff Emeritus

I just bricklinked all the pieces for this NSX this weekend. I'm taking the week of Memorial Day off so I can build her and play some GTS :tup:

Jerome

TB and Beeblebrox237 like this.
  11. daan

daan Moderator

upload_2018-6-1_15-10-9.png

These prices are getting a bit ridiculous.

baldgye, Swagger897, Roo and 3 others like this.
  12. MarcoM

MarcoM

Still cheaper than the real one :p

13. Jump_Ace

Jump_Ace Staff Emeritus

3,600 pieces for $350 isn't too bad, tbh. after shipping I ended up paying just over $400 to build my NSX and thats just 1,700 pieces. But that Bugatti is sick, I'm looking for another build so it looks like that one is next.

I'll post up the build of my NSX once I get the last 4-5 pieces. I made some improvements over Nico71's build, very minor ones but necessary.

[​IMG]

EDIT: I bought the Bugatti today and started the build. I'm about 1.5 boxes in out of 6 and I'm about 5 hours into the build. Now that I'll be back at work, it'll probably take me weeks to finish :lol:

EDIT 2: I finallly finished my NSX build with some light mods :D

You can check out the album on image shack HERE.

I'll post pics of the Bugatti build once I'm done.

Jerome

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  14. XJ40

XJ40

IMG-20161016-WA0002.jpeg

This was taken over a year ago, I'd just finished and our kitten decided it was an excellent place to sit :D

Casey, Jump_Ace, R5 and 8 others like this.
  15. Sting

Sting Premium

“If I fits, I sits”

Jump_Ace and XJ40 like this.
  16. Jump_Ace

Jump_Ace Staff Emeritus

I finished the Chiron build today, about 16 hours build time for 3,600 pieces which is okay for my amateur skills. You can check my build pics HERE.

The build was really great all around. The early stages and last stages were the best. And it's not a Murse, it's a European Shoulder Bag :p

Part of me wishes I did the NSX after the Chiron to get the full effect, but doing the NSX first really set the stage for the Chiron. The Chiron build was like the NSX build, but on steroids :lol:

[​IMG]

Jerome

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  17. Kingofweasles

Kingofweasles

Designed a few bigger-than-usual, but still Speed Champions-ish cars in Stud.io for fun. Of them, I think this was the best one and the car I'd like to build for real.

Attached Files:

Spacegoat, PARAGON GT, TB and 4 others like this.
  18. dylansan

dylansan Premium

I threw this together to display on my desk at work for Pride month. I used one of the Creative Boxes and tried to use as much variety as possible. I haven't made any Lego without instructions in a while so this was fun.

[​IMG]

Jump_Ace and Kingofweasles like this.
  19. Jump_Ace

Jump_Ace Staff Emeritus

Um so I saw this today.

LEGO Voltron!!!!!

Two things. 1 - RAD 2 - I pray to the old gods and the new that Lego takes on G1 Transformers.

Jerome

20. niky

niky Moderator

21. Spacegoat

Spacegoat Premium

Been wondering what the next Creator car is going to be. Was not expecting it to be the James Bond DB5 (assuming that's what it is). Awesome.

baldgye, niky and TB like this.
  22. PARAGON GT

PARAGON GT Premium

23. MarcoM

MarcoM

24. PARAGON GT

PARAGON GT Premium

Hmmmm, Voltron or James Bond ... Voltron or James Bond ...Voltron or James Bond ...

:confused:

TB likes this.
  25. Michael88

Michael88

Made some modifications to my existing LEGO rally car. No LEGO model is ever finished! :D I think those little changes improve it a lot, I'm going to order parts ASAP.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
    Touring Mars, Spacegoat and MarcoM like this.
  26. Jump_Ace

Jump_Ace Staff Emeritus

Just bought the new Voltron today. Hoping I can get to it by the end of the year :lol: My company is moving into a new office in early Sept. so time is gonna be tight for a while.

Jerome

PARAGON GT likes this.
  27. PARAGON GT

PARAGON GT Premium

I picked up Voltron yesterday as well. After the :censored: day at work I had it was the highlight of my day. Now I just have to figure out when I can start building it.

I also picked up the new Ant Man set. I did end up building that last night. Neat little set.

Jump_Ace likes this.
  28. baldgye

baldgye Premium

Found out last week that Birmingham has a Lego Discovery shop... man the temptation was too much... it was so easy to spend £100 :lol:

Jump_Ace likes this.
  29. ryzno

ryzno Premium

.jpg
    Some sets I bought last time I took my son to Lego Land.

MarcoM likes this.
  30. daan

daan Moderator

Your "son", yeah. :p

ryzno and MarcoM like this.